Subject: FVWM: [BUG report] 'Recapture' confuses fvwm ?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 14:05:25 +0900

When executed 'Recapture' function, fvwm losts to see WM_HINTS hints.

You may eproduce this bug in a following way (I checked with pre2.0pl37):

1) Start fvwm.
2) do 'xterm -iconic'. This acts well, i.e., starts with iconic state.
3) exit xterm executed in 2).
4) do 'Recapture'
5) do 'xterm -iconic' again. But xterm starts with normal state.

Sorry I've not found where is a bug in fvwm source. Add to BUGS list ?
or easy to fix ?

- -
Makoto 'MAR_kun' MATSUSHITA
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 09:44:43 -0400

>>>>> "Matsushita-san" == matusita  <[email-masked]> writes:

Matsushita-san> When executed 'Recapture' function, fvwm losts to see
Matsushita-san> WM_HINTS hints.  You may eproduce this bug in a
Matsushita-san> following way (I checked with pre2.0pl37):

Matsushita-san> 1) Start fvwm.
Matsushita-san> 2) do 'xterm -iconic'. This acts well, i.e., starts
Matsushita-san>    with iconic state.
Matsushita-san> 3) exit xterm executed in 2).
Matsushita-san> 4) do 'Recapture'
Matsushita-san> 5) do 'xterm -iconic' again. But xterm starts with
Matsushita-san>    normal state.

Hm.  How very odd.  I can reproduce this though, so at least it's
debuggable.

Matsushita-san> Sorry I've not found where is a bug in fvwm
Matsushita-san> source. Add to BUGS list ?  or easy to fix ?

Don't know yet.  I'll look into it later today.

Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines
IBM Logic Synthesis developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
and Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

Internet e-mail:     [email-masked]

IBM Internal e-mail: [email-masked]   (preferred from workstation)
                     HINESC at FISHKILL       (preferred from mainframe)
                     HINESC at FSHVMFK1       (discouraged, but I'll get it)

*******************************************************************************
 "dis ting could have possabiwities if I put my twisted widdle mind to it!"
                                                        - Bugs Bunny

 "I have a paper plate in my head because they were all out of the metal ones"
                                                        - Rick Overton
*******************************************************************************
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].