Subject: FVWM: auto placement in another part of the desktop

From: Carlos Carvalho <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 17:56:26 -0300

I'd like to second very much the idea of SmartPlacement putting new
windows in other parts of the desktop if there's no room in the
current one, and maybe switching to it. This is presently my biggest
annoyance: almost any time I open a new window I have to manually
change to an empty part of the desktop.

Carlos
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Peter Funk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 1995 07:59:16 +0100 (MEZ)

cc> I'd like to second very much the idea of SmartPlacement putting new
cc> windows in other parts of the desktop if there's no room in the
cc> current one, and maybe switching to it. This is presently my biggest
cc> annoyance: almost any time I open a new window I have to manually
cc> change to an empty part of the desktop.

This is the typical "me too" mail.  If this feature would be added
to fvwm 2.x, it would be _THE_ reason to upgrade from 1.24r which
works otherwise fine for me.

Regards, Peter
-=-=-
Peter Funk, Oldenburger Str.86, D-27777 Ganderkesee, Germany
office: +49 421 2041925 (ArtCom GmbH, Grazer Str.8, D-28359 Bremen)
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].