Subject: FVWM: Content-Type: text/plain

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 10:59:12 +0100

The FVWM Homepage

Welcome to the FVWM Homepage!

FVWM is the X window manager developed once by Robert Nation and now Chuck Hines, based upon the code of twm
(developed by Thomas LaStrange). Fvwm provides virtual desktop support, a built in pager, SHAPED windows and icons,
the capability to use color icons with XPM support, and a module interface that is easy to modify and add functionality.
With a simple configuration interface, Fvwm can be modified to appear like a variety of different window managers or
have its own look-and-feel.

INDEX

 NEW INFO!

 FVWM Version information

 FVWM Text information (FAQs and man pages)

 FVWM Discussion Forums

 FVWM FTP sites

 FVWM Web pages

What's NEW

A couple things are new here. First, the URL has changed!. The new URL is 
http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~tkelly/docs/proj/fvwm.html. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR LINKS!. Thanks!

Second, after a long and dedicated service, Robert Nation has passed on FVWM to its new manager, Chuck Hines. And, in
addition, both the mailing lists and the FTP sites have moved to a new location, hpc.uh.edu. But things are still going
strong!

THANKS ROB!!!

FVWM Version Information

    Latest Official Release: 1.24r 
    Current Version: pre2.0pl35 
    Next Release: Fvwm 2. 

More Version information:

    Current changes and revisions 
    Memory comparisons between FVWM and other window managers. 
    Installation instructions. 

(Back to the index)

FVWM Text Information

 A FVWM FAQ is in the works again my the new FVWM maintainer, Charles Hines.

 FVWM Configuration examples with graphical examples and text source.

 A FVWM resource script (.fvwmrc) collection is available, with a wide array of examples.

 ftp://ftp.best.com/pub/tdgilman/Fvwmrcs/, a source for many FVWMrc's.

 The FVWM Manual pages are available for both the core and module applications.

(Back to the index)

FVWM Discussion Forums

 [email-masked], the official FVWM discussion mailing list. To subscribe, mail [email-masked] with the text 
subscribe fvwm in the body of the message.

 [email-masked], the official FVWM anouncement mailing list. To subscribe, mail [email-masked]
with the text subscribe fvwm-announce in the body of the message.

 comp.windows.x, the USENET newsgroups for general discussion about X windows.

(Back to the index)

FVWM FTP Sites

 sunsite.unc.edu (pub/Linux/X11/window-managers/): The official FVWM release site.

 ftp.hpc.uh.edu (/pub/fvwm/): The site for the latest versions of the core application and contributed modules.

 ftp.x.org (contrib/): The official X Consortium release site. Contains the XPM libraries for colored icons and other
icon/application archives.

 Perform an archie search for the FVWM site near you.

(Back to the index)

Other FVWM Web pages

 Liem Bahneman's ([email-masked]) Page

 Todd Postma's ([email-masked]) Page

 Jens Frank's ([email-masked]) Page

(Back to the index)

If you have any comments or suggestions about this page, please e-mail [email-masked].

Copyright 1995 by T.J. Kelly. Last Modified: Oct 7 1995 at 12:02 
URL: http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~tkelly/docs/proj/fvwm.html

T.J. Kelly / [email-masked]
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].