Subject: FVWM: wierd xterm error

From: Greg Veres <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 1995 18:40:08 -0400

Hi,

I am running fvwm-2.0 patchlevel 37 on a Solais 2.4 machine. I have set up
the menus so that I launch an xterm from one of the items. However, on the
Solaris machine I get a message like this:

xterm: Error 14, errno 22: Invalid argument

and of course no xterm starts. Has anybody else seen this problem? It is
very strange becuase I also have fvwm running on some Ultrix machines, and
OSF/1 Alpha based machines. The same .fvwmrc file works fine on all these
machines except the solaris machines.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Greg

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Greg Veres ([email-masked])         | You got your whole life to
Computer Graphics Lab, University Of Waterloo| do something and thats not
http://www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca/~gveres          | very long.  - Ani Difranco
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Greg Veres <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 1995 12:28:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, thanks for the responses.

However, I was not clear enough in my original posting (which is included 
below.) I get this bizzarre error when I ask fvwm to launch an xterm 
WITHOUT any arguments. Everybody assumed that the problem was with the
arguments that I supplied, however, my 7 years of UNIX experience would
have allowed me to figure that one out. :) Here is a sample line from my
.fvwmrc file:

+	"Local"	Exec xterm

This has me a little stumped, mostely because I don't want to go in and
start kacking the source code to see what is going on. I really should be
finishing my thesis. :)

Anyway,
Thanks for the resonpses so far.
-Greg
> From: Greg Veres <[email-masked]>
> Sender: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: FVWM: wierd xterm error
> Date: Wed, 25 Oct 1995 18:40:08 -0400
> 
> Hi,
>