Subject: FVWM: Swallow?

From: Alan Wild <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 15:35:08 -0400 (EDT)

Since we are discussing options/improvements to FVWM. . .

is their currently, or i there a way to get the FvwmButtons bar to swallow
an Xapp that was started previous to fvwm?  I currently use a program called
xsession to allow me to switch between window managers and to log console
output.  Is there a way that I can swallow the xsession program into
FvwmButtons?  

I think this would improve my desktop arrangement greatly.  

Thanks,

-Alan
-- 

/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\
   Alan Wild "Speed News Guy" WWW:http://www.spd.louisville.edu/~arwild01/
VM:[email-masked] E-mail:[email-masked]
 thissignaturewaswrittentosavebandwidth.ifyoucanreadthisyouneedtoseeaneyedr.
/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 16:44:42 -0400

>>>>> "Alan" == Alan Wild <[email-masked]> writes:

Alan> Since we are discussing options/improvements to FVWM. . .
Alan> is their currently, or i there a way to get the FvwmButtons bar
Alan> to swallow an Xapp that was started previous to fvwm?  I
Alan> currently use a program called xsession to allow me to switch
Alan> between window managers and to log console output.  Is there a
Alan> way that I can swallow the xsession program into FvwmButtons?

Alan> I think this would improve my desktop arrangement greatly.

It sounds like a good idea, but there is no way to do this currently.
I'll add it to the TO-DO list though, along with the ability to
'unswallow' windows (at will or possibly at shutdown time w/ an
option) instead of killing the clients.

Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines
IBM Logic Synthesis developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
and Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

Internet e-mail:     [email-masked]

IBM Internal e-mail: [email-masked]   (preferred from workstation)
                     HINESC at FISHKILL       (preferred from mainframe)
                     HINESC at FSHVMFK1       (discouraged, but I'll get it)

*******************************************************************************
 "dis ting could have possabiwities if I put my twisted widdle mind to it!"
                                                        - Bugs Bunny

 "I have a paper plate in my head because they were all out of the metal ones"
                                                        - Rick Overton
*******************************************************************************
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (R. H. Wood)
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 14:17:18 -0500 (CDT)

> option) instead of killing the clients.

  This sounds like what "restart" needs to use, too, if it can.

-- dick
[email-masked]
Richard H. Wood @ Switch Products Division,   DSC Communications Corporation
1000 Coit Road, Office PB1-1526, Mail Stop 121, Plano, TX 75075 214-477-8624   
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].