Subject: FVWM: How to do thresholds on move

From: Greg Veres <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 08:27:48 -0500

I have recently switched to FVWM from MWM. One thing I really liked about
MWM was that through an Xresource I could specify a threshold for moves. If
the cursor did not move more than this threshold then the button down was
considered a click, not a drag.

Is there anything like this for FVWM? I find that when I bring my windows
to the front with the Move-Raise functions I always end up moving the
window as well.

Thanks,
-Greg

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Greg Veres ([email-masked])         | You got your whole life to
Computer Graphics Lab, University Of Waterloo| do something and thats not
http://www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca/~gveres          | very long.  - Ani Difranco
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 16:44:59 -0500

>>>>> "Greg" == Greg Veres <[email-masked]> writes:

Greg> I have recently switched to FVWM from MWM. One thing I really
Greg> liked about MWM was that through an Xresource I could specify a
Greg> threshold for moves. If the cursor did not move more than this
Greg> threshold then the button down was considered a click, not a
Greg> drag.

Greg> Is there anything like this for FVWM? I find that when I bring
Greg> my windows to the front with the Move-Raise functions I always
Greg> end up moving the window as well.

I have this on the TO-DO list.  Eventually it will appear...

Chuck