Subject: FVWM: XPMINCLUDE

From: [email-masked] (Gail Mara Gurman)
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 16:45:50 -0700 (PDT)

One more follow-up...

The line that I quoted from fvwm/Imakefile is easily edited and then it
works, but only for the fvwm directory. 

The Imakefiles for the modules and for xpmroot have not been updated and
thus don't have EXTRA_INCLUDES or FVWM_MAN_DIR.

Gail
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dave Lane <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 13:47:21 +1300 (GMT+1300)

Howdy, fellow users of this fine window manager.

I shifted to FVWM 2.0.x recently and, though generally very pleased, have 
had one or two small but nagging problems (note - I am using FVWM 2.0.27 
on a Linux PC running kernel 1.2.13 at the moment):

1.  Occasionally I have problems when I double-click an icon, or
iconify a window, that the new window or icon (respectively) pops up on a
different page (same desktop, though).  I have to look at my pager window 
to see where the hell the thing got sent, and then have to go and get it 
back.  Only happens every once in a while.  Any ideas?

2.  From my experience with FVWM 1.24 I'm used to clicking/double-clicking
on the title bar of a window to raise or lower it and a click-motion to 
move it.  Seems that something's changed in 2.0.27 (and 2.0.34 which I've 
tried as well) with button presses or something which makes it very hard 
to click once on a title bar without having the click-motion behaviour 
kick in.  That is, often when I do what I think is a single click to 
raise a window, I end up inadvertently moving it due to post-click 
motion.  Any thoughts on that one?  

Thanks very much for such outstanding support.  I *know* W95 users would 
be green if they saw how easy it was for us folks to get things 
straightened out...
Cheers,

Dave

+=========================================================================+    
|    Dave Lane                                  [email-masked]       |
|    NZ Forest Research Inst.                                             |
|    Dept. of Natural Resource Engineering                                |
|    Lincoln University                         Wk: +64 3 325 2811 x8794  |  
|    P.O. Box 84                                Hm:       343 3192        |  
|    Lincoln, NZ                                Fx:       325 3845        |  
+=========================================================================+

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 09:28:15 -0400

>>>>> "Gail" == Gail Mara Gurman <[email-masked]> writes:

Gail> One more follow-up...
Gail> The line that I quoted from fvwm/Imakefile is easily edited and
Gail> then it works, but only for the fvwm directory.

Gail> The Imakefiles for the modules and for xpmroot have not been
Gail> updated and thus don't have EXTRA_INCLUDES or FVWM_MAN_DIR.

Doh!  I knew I forgot something...

Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines
IBM Logic Synthesis developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
and Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

Internet e-mail:     [email-masked]

IBM Internal e-mail: [email-masked]   (preferred from workstation)
                     HINESC at FISHKILL       (preferred from mainframe)
                     HINESC at FSHVMFK1       (discouraged, but I'll get it)

*******************************************************************************
 "dis ting could have possabiwities if I put my twisted widdle mind to it!"
                                                        - Bugs Bunny

 "I have a paper plate in my head because they were all out of the metal ones"
                                                        - Rick Overton
*******************************************************************************
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].