Subject: FVWM: xv & files && memory

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 13:18:53 -0400 (EDT)

The new fvwm2 I use has a call for xv in fvwmrc durinf init and
restart. Right now it does not come up because the directory its
looking for does not exist. I have not use xv until now. Does this
utility use bitmaps, gifs, jpeg etc files and paste them as your
wallpaper? If so are they in color?

The main question now is fvwm appears slow because the time it takes
to bring up the xv. If I restart fvwm without the call to xv, then
will the wallpaper disappear? Is xv continuously running in the
background and taking up memory?

Thank you.

-- 
[email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer - I question and speak for myself.
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].