Subject: FVWM: How to decorate the title bar?

From: [email-masked] (Star Child)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 18:04:05 -0500 (EST)

I saw an fvwm screen shot on the web that had decorated title bars
that had horizontal lines running through them similar to the way that
mac title bars look.  Does anyone know how to do this under 1.24 or is
this a fvwm.pre-2.0 feature?

-L

+---=== Norman Lindell Alderman, Student at Dartmouth College ===---+  
|   EMAIL: [email-masked]  -or- [email-masked]   |
|     URL: http://mmm.dartmouth.edu/Pages/lindell/lindell.html      |
+---====== "Dijon Ketchup.....Mmmmmmm!" -Bare Naked Ladies ======---+
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Liem Bahneman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 15:34:09 -0800 (PST)

You probably saw a screenshot of mine

(http://www.ssc.com/~roland/other/screens.html)

The striated title bars are how the Sticky windows appear, so I 
hacked borders.c to do this for all windows. This was in pre2.0 something 
or other, its a real simple hack, just remove the check if the window is 
sticky or not

- liem

> +---====== "Dijon Ketchup.....Mmmmmmm!" -Bare Naked Ladies ======---+

============================================================================
Liem Bahneman                                                 [email-masked]
System Administrator				  http://www.ssc.com/~roland
Specialized Systems Consultants/Linux Journal/WEBSmith        (206) 782-7733

---

From: "Randall S. Winchester" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 09:48:02 -0500 (EST)

I also use "stripes" for all the title bars at my site. I have sent 
this out before... What I do instead for Sticky windows is to give them
their own color in .fvwm2rc like;
Style "xconsole"    Sticky, Color Black/#60c0a0

Here is the patch against fvwm-2.0.38, but it is the same for all of them;

Randall

diff -c -r1.1 borders.c
*** 1.1 1995/10/31 14:42:56
--- borders.c   1995/10/31 14:43:17
***************
*** 446,452 ****
        RelieveWindow(t,t->title_w,0,0,t->title_width,t->title_height,
                    ReliefGC, ShadowGC, BOTTOM_HILITE);
      }
!   if(t->flags & STICKY)
      {
        for(i=0 ;i< t->title_height/2-3;i+=4)
        {
--- 446,452 ----
        RelieveWindow(t,t->title_w,0,0,t->title_width,t->title_height,
                    ReliefGC, ShadowGC, BOTTOM_HILITE);
      }
!   if(t->flags /* & STICKY */)
      {
        for(i=0 ;i< t->title_height/2-3;i+=4)
        {