Subject: FVWM: FVWM 1.24r crashes on SGI 1280x1024 display

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 15:14:01 +0100 (MET)

Hi!

I have been running FVWM on all (UN*X) machines I have ever worked
on (HP, SGI, SUN, Linux) and it has always been the best window
manager I know of.

A few days ago I switched to a SGI with a 1280x1024 display. (the
graphics board is a GR2-Elan).

On this machine FVWM crashes every time that I log in:  Everything
starts up as usual, but after I have moved the mouse around the
screen for a short time, everything that is related with the
window manager just freezes.  Using cut&paste with the mouse I
can kill and restart FVWM.  Usually it works without any problems
after I have killed and restarted it once.  On some occasions I
had to repeat this process several times.

This is really strange, and I have no explanation for it.  I even
recompiled FVWM on *this* machine, but no luck.

If it is of any help, I have included the output of FvwmDebug 
(started from .fvwmrc) and my .fvwmrc at the end of this mailing.
(gzipped and uuencoded).

I would really appreciate help.  Even a simple work around would
help me a lot!

Thanks a lot in advance,
 Andy.

___________________________________________________________________________
  Andy Spiegl, Institute for Applied Mathematics
  University of Technology, Muenchen, Germany
  E-Mail: [email-masked]
  http://www.appl-math.tu-muenchen.de/~spiegl/

Above all else - sky.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
2 Attachments:
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].