Subject: FVWM: TogglePage equivalent in fvwm 2.0?

From: James Tsiao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 08:26:01 -0700 (PDT)

I've just started to play around with fvwm 2.0 and noticed that
the TogglePage command is no longer valid.  Is there an equivalent
command for doing the same thing (i.e. toggle page scrolling on/off)?
I couldn't find any in the fvwm manpage or the FAQ.  Also, I'm new to
this mailing list, so if this has been covered before, my apologies.

Thanks,

James.

-- 
[email-masked]            |   I am Dyslexsic of Borg.  Prepare
http://web.one.net/~thoth            |   to have your ass laminated.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Auntie Em:    Hate Kansas - Hate you - Took dog.        -- Dorothy
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mark Borges <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 10:44:49 -0600

>> On Thu, 12 Oct 1995 08:26:01 -0700 (PDT),
>> James Tsiao(JT) wrote:
JT> I've just started to play around with fvwm 2.0 and noticed that
JT> the TogglePage command is no longer valid.  Is there an equivalent

TogglePage doesn't exist in fvwm2.0

The functionality is replaced by EdgeScroll, which you can stick in a
menu by doing something like:

AddToMenu Utilities	"Utilities"	Title 	
+			"Paging ..."	Popup Paging-Style
[rest of menu elided]

AddToMenu Paging-Style 	"Paging Options" Title	
+			"OFF"	EdgeScroll 0 0
+			"ON"	EdgeScroll 100 100
+			"Horizontal Only"	EdgeScroll 100 0
+			"Vertical Only"		EdgeScroll 0 100
+			"Partial"		EdgeScroll 50 50

So you see, it's more powerful with the (minor) inconvenience that you
can't stick it on a button (can you?).

  -mb-

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 1995 02:31:02 +0900

jtsiao> I've just started to play around with fvwm 2.0 and noticed that
jtsiao> the TogglePage command is no longer valid.  Is there an equivalent
jtsiao> command for doing the same thing (i.e. toggle page scrolling on/off)?

Use EdgeScroll. You can set 'EdgeScroll 0 0' or 'EdgeScroll 0 100' or
'EdgeScroll 100 100' or 'EdgeScroll 100 0' (or whatever) at any time
you want.  Of course it's not TRUELY equivalent of TogglePage, but
this way is more flexible, and this is why TogglePage is disappeared.

(If you wanna patch which adds TogglePage to fvwm-2, email to me).

- -
Makoto 'MAR_kun' MATSUSHITA
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Karl Eichwalder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 95 20:16 MET

Thanks for the hint, Mark; but it does not work for me (pl37,
Linux-1.2.13, XFree-3.1.2):

    
Does depend on `EdgeResistance'?  Karl.
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].