Subject: FVWM: FvwmWinList bound to a key

From: [email-masked] (Tuan Hoang)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 95 10:55:52 -0500

Hello,

I am using fvwm version 2.35 and seems stable. I do have a question
concerning FvwmWinList module. Currently i am binding it to my mouse 3
key:

Mouse 3 R       A       FvwmWinList Transient
	instead of:
Mouse 3	R    	A      	WindowList

What can  i do to make FvwmWinList to behave like WindowList in such a
way that if i push down the mouse key on the extreme right of my
screen (on root window), the list will pop up in the opposite
direction (to the left) and similarly if i push the mouse key on the
left, top or bottom of root window.

Currently i set it to have the FvwmWinlist pop up on the bottom right 
and i can't see much if i do it at the right edge or bottom edge of
the screen.

Anyhelp will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tuan Hoang												  
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strategic Semiconductor Operation
Austin Design Centre
Paging Products Group

TEL:   512-891-2484                          Motorola                     
FAX:   512-891-8631                          6501 William Cannon Dr. West 
email: [email-masked]          Mail Drop OE22               
or     [email-masked]              Austin, Texas 78735-8598     
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 16:23:57 -0400

>>>>> "Tuan" == Tuan Hoang <[email-masked]> writes:

Tuan> Hello,
Tuan> I am using fvwm version 2.35 and seems stable. I do have a
Tuan> question concerning FvwmWinList module. Currently i am binding
Tuan> it to my mouse 3 key:

Tuan> Mouse 3 R       A       FvwmWinList Transient
Tuan>   instead of:
Tuan> Mouse 3   R       A       WindowList

Tuan> What can i do to make FvwmWinList to behave like WindowList in
Tuan> such a way that if i push down the mouse key on the extreme
Tuan> right of my screen (on root window), the list will pop up in the
Tuan> opposite direction (to the left) and similarly if i push the
Tuan> mouse key on the left, top or bottom of root window.

Tuan> Currently i set it to have the FvwmWinlist pop up on the bottom
Tuan> right and i can't see much if i do it at the right edge or
Tuan> bottom edge of the screen.

Tuan> Anyhelp will be appreciated.

Basically, I believe that FvwmWinList would have to be modified to
check it's popup position and move itself & the pointer.  Probably not
all that difficult to add.  I'll put it on the TO-DO list.

BTW - pl35 has some bugs that you may run across that have been fixed
in the later levels.  You might want to get a newer one (like pl38 or
shortly, pl39).

Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines
IBM Logic Synthesis developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
and Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

Internet e-mail:     [email-masked]

IBM Internal e-mail: [email-masked]   (preferred from workstation)
                     HINESC at FISHKILL       (preferred from mainframe)
                     HINESC at FSHVMFK1       (discouraged, but I'll get it)

*******************************************************************************
 "dis ting could have possabiwities if I put my twisted widdle mind to it!"
                                                        - Bugs Bunny

 "I have a paper plate in my head because they were all out of the metal ones"
                                                        - Rick Overton
*******************************************************************************
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].