Subject: Re: FVWM: pre 2.0 pl 36 released

From: "Olivier DUGEON - FT.CNET/LAA/RSL/ATM" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 09:45:09 +0100

Hi fvwm user's

I just compile fvwm-2.0-pl36 on my SS20-Solaris 2.4. Is there a bug in fvwm or
module? When i start a module all work fine, but when the module finish it's
job (FvwmBanner, FvwmIdentify .....) fvwm crash with the message:

FVWM has been killed by a signal 11.
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  25 (X_SendEvent)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x2800003
  Serial number of failed request:  878
  Current serial number in output stream:  879

What's happen???

I would just add 3 remark's about the new distribution.

1/ Add depend in the lib directory for 'make depend' work corectly.

2/ Add FVWM_MAN_DIR in the Imakefile of all modules and xpmroot for 'make
install.man' with FVWM_MAN_DIR MANDIR=/usr/local/man/mann work corectly.

3/ And finaly add a switch in the Imakefile to choose between /bin/sh or
/bin/csh in the file 'builtin.c' for the execvl function. This is to make fvwm
launch application with /bin/csh rather than /bin/sh

All other work's fine to me.

Olivier.

-- 
                                   _\\|//_ 
                                   ( O-O )
---------------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo-----------------------------------
  FRANCE TELECOM - CENTRE NATIONAL d'ETUDES et DES TELECOMMUNICATIONS

 Dugeon olivier                     X-400:    G=Olivier; S=Dugeon; OU=LANNION
 FT-CNET LAA/RSL/ATM                          P=CNET; A=ATLAS; C=FR;
 Technopole Anticipa                E-mail:   [email-masked]
 2, Avenue Pierre Marzin            Phone:    +(33) 96 05 28 80
 F-22307 LANNION                    Fax       +(33) 96 05 11 98
 FRANCE                             Telex:    740801F
--------------------------------ooO-------Ooo----------------------------------
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].