Subject: FVWM: Killing console kills FVWM

From: [email-masked] (Joel Griffiths)
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 13:47:02 -0700

Currently I am running FVWM on a Sparc10 (Sun OS4_1_3) and can't seem to
get it to exit gracefully. I either need to kill the console (started in
.xsession with an xterm -C) or do a kill -9 X(pid).  Does anybody have an
idea why I'm having this problem? If so, what can I do to fix it?

Thanks for your help.

-- Griff

--

- Joel Griffiths             A-251A
- (619) 658-3076         [email-masked]

"All generous spirits are ambitious, I suppose, but the ambition that calmly
trusts itself to such a road, instead of spasmodically trying to fly over
it, is of a kind I care for."

                Charles Dickens
                Bleak House
                March 1852 - September 1853

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: anthony baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 1995 12:09:19 +1000

> idea why I'm having this problem? If so, what can I do to fix it?

Is fvwm the last thing started in your .xsession? From the sounds of it,
you have the 'xterm -C' as the last item.

Try changing it so that fvwm is the last thing run (but dont run it in
the background!) Once fvwm exits, the .xsession script ends, and xdm will 
end the session.

Anthony