Subject: FVWM: Wabi (fwd)

From: [email-masked] (Jon Mountjoy)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 1995 16:43:26 +0100 (MET)

| I just installed Wabi on my system & noticed that the FvwmAuto features
| don't seem to work correctly with it. It appears to be unnoticed by autoraise
| since I have to click to raise it & other windows will immediately raise
| over it (ignoring the timer). It also doesn't appear on fvwm's builtin window 
| list nor on FvwmWinList's list. It also appears to be doing all of its own
| window decorations (maybe that's intentional...?). I'm running fvwm 2.24.
| 
| Any ideas?
|  _____________________________________________________________________________
| | Mark Scott                        | 				             |

I have noticed this with some Sun applications as well.  (more info later)
It needs to be fixed I think before the public release gets out of the door?
Otherwise there are no serious problems as far as I can see.

Ciao,
Jon
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Ricky Ralston <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 95 16:01:33 EDT

Wabi isn't window manager friendly.  The problem that you are attempting
to address is an issue on all window managers that I'm aware.  Sunsoft
made some decisions early on to, in a sense, ignore the window manager
to get some added performance. 

Ricky
[email-masked]