Subject: FVWM: Makefile changes needed:

From: [email-masked] (Jon Mountjoy)
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 1995 11:45:13 +0100 (MET)

Hello Fellow FVWMers,

Compiling patchlevel 37: 
  The following additions need to be made to the makefile.

When compiling the modules/program: 
  FvwmPrompt, FvwmAudio and xpmroot
the linker chokes.  This is because on linking, there are no references
to the libraries:
  -lsocket and -lnsl
These need to be added to the makefiles for the above mentioned modules.
The other modules seem to have them.

System: Solaris 2.4

Cheerio 

Jon

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Randall S. Winchester" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 1995 14:25:16 -0400 (EDT)

Well actually the problem is due the use of EXTRA_LIBRARIES in those 
Makefiles. When I sent my last patches into Chuck, I tried to keep the 
previous usage of EXTRA_LIBRARIES intact. It in fact should never have 
been used inside the Imakefile, as that is what Imake wants to use for
system dependent libraries like -lsocket -lnsl. If you look at the 
Makefile you will see EXTRA_LIBRARIES defined twice. the first has the 
libs you are looking for. I have patches to send to Chuck to fix this as 
well as a few other things. Thanks for the prompt mail.

Randall