Subject: FVWM: problems compiling pl37 on SGI

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 16:44:13 +0100 (MET)

Hi!

I had no problems compiling pl37 on my SGI Indigo (running Iris 5.3).
But when I start it ('fvwm2'), the screen blanks for half a second,
then everything's locked up.
No window has keyboard focus, ie. all cursors are 'hollow'.  The
only way to get out of this is to cut and paste 'killall fvwm2' with
the mouse. :-(

I had tried pl36 before, same result.

Running v1.21c, everything was fine.  Running v1.24r, everything was
fine on 1024x768 displays, but on my 1280x1024 (Elan graphics), every
now and then I had the same effect:  All of a sudden while working
everything locked up.

I tried to capture the FvwmDebug output of v1.24r, and already sent
it to this mailing list.

Maybe you could have a look into this problem before you decide
to release v2.0, Chuck?  I would really like to use the new
features, but the problem seems to get worse in every version?

I am willing to help as much as I can.

Ciao,
 Andy.
___________________________________________________________________________
  Andy Spiegl, Institute for Applied Mathematics
  University of Technology, Muenchen, Germany
  E-Mail: [email-masked]
  http://www.appl-math.tu-muenchen.de/~spiegl/

Above all else - sky.

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].