Subject: Re: FVWM: New to fvwm2...where did this go?

From: "Martin Kraemer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 1995 10:18:44 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----
I suppose SkipMapping/ShowMapping feature is:
	[...]
	But if window 'X' is specified as 'SkipMapping', fvwm does not
	change desktop (i.e., still shows 'desktop 0'), but window 'X'
	appears to 'desktop 1' (of course it doesn't see to display).

Wow! it's an interesting feature. Anyone implements ? Specification is
clearly defined :-)
----- End of forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

It's there today! And it works! I use this feature to start Mosaic (which on
my machine loads _very_ slowly) on desk 2. I don't want fvwm to switch to
desk 2, though, because I can see on the pager when Mosaic has finally
loaded. I use the same feature to start Elm on desk 1 at startup (without
having to say "Wait Elm"

I specified this behavior it like this:

Style "Mosaic"      Icon Mosaic.xpm, StartsOnDesk 2, SkipMapping
Style "Mail:*"      Icon makeenvelope.xpm, StartsOnDesk 1, SkipMapping

AddToFunc InitFunction 	  "I" Module FvwmButtons
+			  "I" Module FvwmPager 0 2
+                         "I" Exec /usr/bin/X11/xterm -name Elm -geometry 100x50+350+280 -T Mail:USER{@}CLIENTHOST -e elm &
+                         "I" Exec /usr/bin/X11/x97801 -cr grey60 -name tcsh -geometry +180+150 -sb -e tcsh -l &

and it works in pl30...pl35, at least.

    Martin
-- 
| S I E M E N S |   [email-masked]   |       Siemens Nixdorf
| ------------- |   Voice: +49-89-636-46021     |   Informationssysteme AG
| N I X D O R F |   FAX:   +49-89-636-44994     |    81730 Munich, Germany
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  (My opinions only, of course; pgp key available on request)
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].