Subject: FVWM: Programs not getting keyboard focus

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 08:57:25 -0500

Howdy all.

For those of you having problems w/ windows not getting the keyboard
focus, try something like the following (2.xx):

Style "*" Lenience

and that should take care of your problem.  From the man page:

          The ICCCM states that windows possessing the property

               WM_HINTS(WM_HINTS):
                               Client accepts input or input focus: False

          should not be given the keyboard input focus by the window
          manager.  These windows can take the input focus by
          themselves, however. A number of applications set this
          property, and yet expect the window-manager to give them the
          keyboard focus anyway, so fvwm provides a window-style,
          "Lenience", which will allow fvwm to overlook this ICCCM
          rule.

This has been in there since 1.xx (only there it was a global setting).

Chuck
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].