Subject: FVWM: Minor build issue with fvwm.

From: "Ronald F. Guilmette" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 1995 13:24:21 -0700

I've been trying to build fvwm on my Solaris 2.4 system.

I believe that the README.Install file ought to at least mention the
fact that people who are trying to build this on Solaris will need to
also fetch, build, and install the xpm library (and associated header
files) from ftp.x.org.  (Neither the header file(s) nor the library
for xpm are present by default on Solaris systems.)

-- Ron Guilmette, Roseville, CA -------- Infinite Monkeys & Co. ------------
---- E-mail: [email-masked] ----------- Purveyors of Compiler Test Suites -
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 17:12:51 -0400

>>>>> "Ron" == Ronald F Guilmette <[email-masked]> writes:

Ron> I've been trying to build fvwm on my Solaris 2.4 system.  I
Ron> believe that the README.Install file ought to at least mention
Ron> the fact that people who are trying to build this on Solaris will
Ron> need to also fetch, build, and install the xpm library (and
Ron> associated header files) from ftp.x.org.  (Neither the header
Ron> file(s) nor the library for xpm are present by default on Solaris
Ron> systems.)

Actually, that info is in the configure.h file where #define XPM is
described.  But yes, it should be in the README as well.  I'll add it
now.

BTW - check out the new address for the mailing list (no longer on
wonderland.org).

Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines
IBM Logic Synthesis developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
and Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

Internet e-mail:     [email-masked]

IBM Internal e-mail: [email-masked]   (preferred from workstation)
                     HINESC at FISHKILL       (preferred from mainframe)
                     HINESC at FSHVMFK1       (discouraged, but I'll get it)

*******************************************************************************
 "dis ting could have possabiwities if I put my twisted widdle mind to it!"
                                                        - Bugs Bunny

 "I have a paper plate in my head because they were all out of the metal ones"
                                                        - Rick Overton
*******************************************************************************
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].