Subject: FVWM: Compiling problem

From: [email-masked] (Stefano Brozzi)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 14:24:04 +0100

Hi all,

	I've the following problem during compilation of fvwm pl38
	under solaris 2.4.

[..cut..]
making all in ./modules/FvwmPrompt...
rm -f FvwmPrompt
LD_RUN_PATH=/home/linus/X11R6/lib gcc -fpcc-struct-return -o FvwmPrompt -O2      -L/home/linus/X11R6/lib FvwmPrompt.o -lXpm -lXext -lX11 ../../libs/libfvwm2.a    -lXaw -lXmu -lXt -lSM -lICE -lXext -lX11  
Undefined                       first referenced
 symbol                             in file
socket                              /home/linus/X11R6/lib/libX11.so
getpeername                         /home/linus/X11R6/lib/libX11.so
wscpy                               /home/linus/X11R6/lib/libXaw.so
xdrmem_create                       /home/linus/X11R6/lib/libX11.so
wslen                               /home/linus/X11R6/lib/libXaw.so
gethostbyname                       /home/linus/X11R6/lib/libX11.so
accept                              /home/linus/X11R6/lib/libICE.so
bind                                /home/linus/X11R6/lib/libICE.so
setsockopt                          /home/linus/X11R6/lib/libX11.so
getservbyname                       /home/linus/X11R6/lib/libX11.so
gethostbyaddr                       /home/linus/X11R6/lib/libICE.so
wsncpy                              /home/linus/X11R6/lib/libXaw.so
authdes_create                      /home/linus/X11R6/lib/libX11.so
inet_addr                           /home/linus/X11R6/lib/libX11.so
inet_ntoa                           /home/linus/X11R6/lib/libSM.so
shutdown                            /home/linus/X11R6/lib/libX11.so
getsockname                         /home/linus/X11R6/lib/libX11.so
iswspace                            /home/linus/X11R6/lib/libXaw.so
gethostname                         /home/linus/X11R6/lib/libXmu.so
listen                              /home/linus/X11R6/lib/libICE.so
connect                             /home/linus/X11R6/lib/libX11.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to FvwmPrompt
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `FvwmPrompt'

	What's missing ? 
	I've compiled under same system fvwm pl34 correctly.
	I had same (or similar) problem with fvwm pl37.

	As far as I know the system has not changed.

	Thanking in advance

	Stefano

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Randall S. Winchester" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 10:45:41 -0400 (EDT)

You will need to add "-lsocket -lnsl" to the second occurance of 
EXTRA_LIBRARIES.
in the FvwmPrompt Makefile. You may need to do this for FvwmAudio.

This will be fixed in the next release. I apologize for not getting these
patches to Chuck in time for the 2.0.38 release.

Randall