Subject: FVWM: Diff fvwm1.2 andd fvwm2.0

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 1995 10:37:21 -0400 (EDT)

Can someone tell me the major differences between the fvwm1.24 and
the upcoming fvwm2.0? I got the fvwm2.0 from sunsite and compiled on
my Linux system and got errors. fvwm1.24 got a clean compile. what
are the major differences between these two versions? Is it look and
feel or better memory usage?

Thank you.

Subbarao

-- 
[email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer - I question and speak for myself.
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 1995 15:33:45 -0400

>>>>> "Subbarao" == chitturi  <[email-masked]> writes:

Subbarao> Can someone tell me the major differences between the
Subbarao> fvwm1.24 and the upcoming fvwm2.0? I got the fvwm2.0 from
Subbarao> sunsite and compiled on my Linux system and got
Subbarao> errors. fvwm1.24 got a clean compile. what are the major
Subbarao> differences between these two versions? Is it look and feel
Subbarao> or better memory usage?

Check out the FAQ in the latest pre-2.0 patchlevel tar file.  It
covers the big differences.

Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines
IBM Logic Synthesis developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
and Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

Internet e-mail:     [email-masked]

IBM Internal e-mail: [email-masked]   (preferred from workstation)
                     HINESC at FISHKILL       (preferred from mainframe)
                     HINESC at FSHVMFK1       (discouraged, but I'll get it)

*******************************************************************************
 "dis ting could have possabiwities if I put my twisted widdle mind to it!"
                                                        - Bugs Bunny

 "I have a paper plate in my head because they were all out of the metal ones"
                                                        - Rick Overton
*******************************************************************************
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].