Subject: FVWM: Output text freezes

From: "Michael Kirby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 05:27:27 PST

I just got up and running under fvwm 2.0  pl 38 and have the 
following interesting problem.

If I start an xterm from the cmd line everything works fine.

If I start one from a menu option, when I get output from a shell 
program (lets say...ls) it freezes. (i.e. I get no output).  At first 
I just thought my NFS server was timing out, but latter I found out 
that the output is being frozen until I generate an X event.  

So if I do an ls -l I end up with nothing, until I move the cursor 
outside of the window. (then I get output).

Also, If I have a continuous stream of output it will pause after 
every X event.  So it looks like the X event only flushes the current 
buffer, and doesn't clear it up permenantly.

My xterm is created with the following command:

+               "small"      Exec exec xterm -geo 80x30 &

Mike Kirby
[email-masked]
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].