Subject: FVWM: is there an announcements list or some such?

From: Carlos Carvalho <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 1995 12:07:09 -0200

It's the second time that I don't receive the announcement of a
patchlevel release. Are they being sent to an announcement list?

Carlos
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 1995 11:41:49 -0400

>>>>> "Carlos" == Carlos Carvalho <[email-masked]> writes:

Carlos> It's the second time that I don't receive the announcement of a
Carlos> patchlevel release. Are they being sent to an announcement list?

Yes there is, but I didn't see the announcement that I posted
either...

Jason, is there a problem with the announcements list?  Should I just
post to the discussion list from now on?

Thanks,
Chuck

*******************************************************************************
Charles K. Hines <[email-masked]>
IBM Logic Synthesis developer [BooleDozer (TM)]
and Martial Arts Instructor [Modern Arnis, Presas Style Filipino Martial Arts]

IBM Internal email: [email-masked],
                    HINESC at FISHKILL, HINESC at FSHVMFK1

 "dis ting could have possabiwities if I put my twisted widdle mind to it!"
                                                        - Bugs Bunny
 "I have a paper plate in my head because they were all out of the metal ones"
                                                        - Rick Overton
*******************************************************************************
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jeff S. Elam <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 1995 13:45:13 -0700 (PDT)

> post to the discussion list from now on?

I think you should post the announcements to the discussion list anyway.

I didn't subscribe to the announcements list because I didn't see the need
to subscribe to two different lists when it should be fairly apparent on the
discussion list when the patches are coming out.  However, it would be nice
if I didn't have to guess.  ;-)

-Jeff E.

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 1995 19:59:20 -0500

>>>>> "CH" == Charles Hines <[email-masked]> writes:

CH> Yes there is, but I didn't see the announcement that I posted either...

Yes, the announcement list is [email-masked].  The reason neither
of you are seeing the announcement is because (prepare yourselves...)
neither of you have subscribed to the announce list.

CH> Jason, is there a problem with the announcements list?

No, I've seen all of the announcements that have gone across.

CH> Should I just post to the discussion list from now on?

I believe this is the best way to do things.  There's no point in asking
everyone to subscribe to a separate announce list just to get
announcements; instead I think people would subscribe to the announce list
if that's all they want to see.  Since it's not a really good idea to
subscribe one mailing list to another, it's best if you posted
announcements to both places.

 - J<

---

From: [email-masked] (Andrew Cosgriff)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 13:30:38 +1000

"JLT" == Jason L Tibbitts <[email-masked]> writes:

JLT> Yes, the announcement list is [email-masked].  The reason
JLT> neither of you are seeing the announcement is because (prepare
JLT> yourselves...)  neither of you have subscribed to the announce list.

How about doing it like the exmh and zsh mailing lists ?

Everybody who is subscribed to the main fvwm list is also subscribed to the
announcement lists - posts to the announcements list automatically go the the
mail list too.

?

Enjoy,
 Andrew.
-- 
 - Andrew J. Cosgriff - [email-masked] -  "send file help" as subject
 SysAdmin / Support Dude, UNICO Computer Systems    PGP & MIME ok and preferred
"There are ten million stories in the Naked City, but no-one can remember
 which one is theirs..." (Laurie Anderson)
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].