Subject: FVWM: Cursor/X Positioning in fvwm

From: Michael Austin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 22:48:56 -0600 (MDT)

This may be an old line, but it seems like things I write in X refuse to 
be put anywhere- it is as if it ignores the location WindowAttributes- 
However, Motif/Athena widgets stlil locate normally.  Has anyone had this 
problem, or have any idea how to get around it? (I do not have PPosition 
or what not set in my .fvwmrc).  The positioning DOES work in other 
window managers. 

-Michael Austin, [email-masked]

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Robert Nation 885-9815)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 95 10:17:16 EDT

Fvwm will and does correctly use the PPosition hint if you set
it in the WM_HINTS structure. If you specify NoPPosition, then it won't 
use that hint. It will always use USPosition hints. If it works for some
window managers, but not others, then maybe you're not setting the hint
before you map the window, or maybe you're getting it a little mixed
up, and fvwm just doesn't quite parse the hints correctly

Rob