Subject: FVWM: Two Little Problems

From: [email-masked] (Gail Mara Gurman)
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 1995 09:51:28 -0700 (PDT)

I'm using pl37 now and it seems okay (i.e., it hasn't crashed yet), but I'm
having a problem with my Cm icon placement.

Actually, I've been having this since pl35. Cm is an xview calendar program. 
I call it as follows in my .xinitrc:  
   
   cm -i3 -fg `dark` -bg `light` -WP 85 0 &

The "-WP 85 0" is xview's icon_placement switch. It's supposed to place the
icon at +85+0. However, when Fvwm starts or restarts, the Cm icon is at
+0+0, which is where my console icon is. If I click on it once, it jumps to
the correct place. This problem never occured under Mwm.

It's not a big problem, but it is annoying.

Gail
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Jon Mountjoy)
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 1995 19:52:09 +0100 (MET)

Hello Gail,

| I'm using pl37 now and it seems okay (i.e., it hasn't crashed yet), but I'm

I am also using pl37

| I call it as follows in my .xinitrc:  
|    cm -i3 -fg `dark` -bg `light` -WP 85 0 &
| icon at +85+0. However, when Fvwm starts or restarts, the Cm icon is at
| +0+0, which is where my console icon is. If I click on it once, it jumps to
| the correct place. This problem never occured under Mwm.

It doesn't seem to happen with me.  It sticks at 85 0.  When it starts up
it seems to start up at 0 0 and then jump to 85 0.  Restarting fvwm it
does the same, but it ends up at 85 0 as it should.

What version, what system, what OS?
(Mine is Solaris 2.4 on Sparcstation 5, CM version 3.4)

Ciao
Jon