Subject: FVWM: Bug in resize?

From: Shane Holder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 13:54:40 -0500

Should I be able to specify both percentage of window, and pixel width
in the same resize command?

I tried to do something like

Resize 492p 99

And the buttons I put this type of a command on would attempt to do a
resize via the mouse.

In case you're wondering 492p is 80 columns for an xterm on a
1280x1024 screen.

Shane

-- 
Shane Holder         | e-mail: [email-masked]
Convex Computer Corp | phone: (214)497-4182
3000 Waterview       | So, if I work my 40 hours with out sleeping,
Richardson, TX 75083 | can I have the rest of the week off?
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 1995 13:28:59 +0900

This is not a "bug of resize", but a "bug or feature of
two-digit-argument-command", I think.

holder> Should I be able to specify both percentage of window, and
holder> pixel width in the same resize command?

You can try

	Resize 492p 99%

instead of

holder> Resize 492p 99

In fact, the character '%' has no meaning, but should not be 'p'. So,

	Resize 492p 99q

makes the same effect. But I think '%' character is the best character
to specify 'this number is the percentage of display width/height' :-)

If you wonder why, take a source of fvwm-2 and see GetTwoArguments()
in misc.c.

- -
Makoto 'MAR_kun' MATSUSHITA
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].