Subject: FVWM: Swirl not working in Xlockmore 3.3 ;-(

From: [email-masked] (John Henders)
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 16:07:59 -0700 (PDT)

I finally got around to switching my linux machine to shadow passwords,
so I needed a new version of xlock. I grabbed xlockmore 3.3, which has
some very cool new modes, but swirl is back to not color cycling. Can
anyone suggest a way around this, or tell me where to find an xlock that
does shadow passwords and works with fvwm?

-- 
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.
                GAT d- -p+(--) c++++ l++ u++ t- m--- W--- !v
                     b+++ e* s-/+ n-(?) h++ f+g+ w+++ y*

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Edward van de Vorst)
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 95 7:44:32 MET

->
->I finally got around to switching my linux machine to shadow passwords,
->so I needed a new version of xlock. I grabbed xlockmore 3.3, which has
->some very cool new modes, but swirl is back to not color cycling. Can
->anyone suggest a way around this, or tell me where to find an xlock that
->does shadow passwords and works with fvwm?
->
I use 

     xlock -install -mode swirl
           ~~~~~~~~

and this works for me (xlockmore-3.3, fvwm2.0-pl33, Linux 1.3.20).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
E.L.B. van de Vorst:
       TNO-Building and Construction Research INTERNET : [email-masked]
       Leeghwaterstraat 5                     VOICE    : (31) 15 608423
       P.O.Box 29                             FAX      : (31) 15 564102
       2600 AA  Delft (NL)
***
       Section of Computational and Experimental Mechanics
       Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology
       P.O.Box 513                |\_/|          
       5600 MB Eindhoven          |o O|      INTERNET : [email-masked] 
   o / The Netherlands            (=^=)      FAX      : (31) 40 - 447355
--  X--Cut here, but look out---m--`U'--m---------for my fingers!------------
   O \