Subject: FVWM: Bug found in NoIconTitle Style

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 12:13:52 +0600

I am using "Fvwm Version 2.0 pl 37 compiled on Oct 12 1995 at
13:20:26", and have found a bug that did not exist in "Fvwm Version
1.24r".

I am running Solaris 2.3 on a sparc 5.  I start "fvwm" with "openwin".

The problem I found, or should I say bug, is that on certain windows I
have "NoIconTitle" set and when I start Fred, (that's my name for
fvwm), any window I have this set for starts in the upper left corner,
not in their designated location.  That is until I click on the icon,
then it moves to the correct spot.  Also the identify module will not
identify any of these icons with no titles.

With Fred version 1.24r these icons where placed in their correct spots
but the identify module still did not work.

If anyone can help me out I would be greatly appreciative.

    _/_/_/     _/  _/   _/_/_/_/   _/_/_/_/_/_/ Robert H. Ford II
   _/   _/    _/  _/   _/           _/    _/    AT&T Bell Laboratories
  _/_/_/     _/_/_/   _/_/_/       _/    _/     Naperville IL, 60566-7045
 _/   _/    _/  _/   _/           _/    _/      Email: [email-masked]
_/    _/   _/  _/   _/         _/_/_/_/_/_/     Voice: (708) 713-4957
__________________________________________________
|  M R spiders!                    |      |   |  |
|  M N O spiders!                  |      |   |  |
|  O S A R - C D E D B D I's?      |      |   |  |
|  Y I B, M R spiders...           |      |   *  |
|                                  *      |      |
|                                         *      |
--------------------------------------------------

--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (Gail Mara Gurman)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 16:23:42 -0700 (PDT)

> identify any of these icons with no titles.

This is the same as my problem with my calendar icon. I didn't make the
connection of it being set for "NoIconTitle" but that's true. And I did
notice that Identify doesn't work for it, but somehow I thought maybe it
didn't work for icons in general--I didn't really test it.

Gail