Subject: FVWM: Missing DeskTopScale in FvwmPager + patch

From: Richard Ellis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 1995 21:10:56 +0600 (GMT+0600)

Somewhere between 1.24r and pre-2pl35 the DeskTopScale parameter disappeared
from fvwm.  The following patch (against pre-2pl35) reimpliments it as a
control parameter for FvwmPager itself.  The specification in the .fvwm2rc
file is as so:

*FvwmPagerDeskTopScale 35 

(or whatever scale factor anyone wants)

diff -cr fvwm.orig/modules/FvwmPager/FvwmPager.c fvwm/modules/FvwmPager/FvwmPager.c
*** fvwm.orig/modules/FvwmPager/FvwmPager.c	Fri Jul 28 08:53:37 1995
--- fvwm/modules/FvwmPager/FvwmPager.c	Thu Sep 21 18:39:01 1995
***************
*** 926,931 ****
--- 926,937 ----
  	{
  	  sscanf(&tline[Clength+8],"%d",&Columns);
  	}	
+       else if((strlen(&tline[0])>1)&&
+ 	      (mystrncasecmp(tline,CatString3("*",MyName,"DeskTopScale"),
+ 			     Clength+13)==0))
+ 	{
+ 	  sscanf(&tline[Clength+13],"%d",&Scr.VScale);
+ 	}	
        GetConfigLine(fd,&tline);
      }
    return;
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 09:33:10 -0400

>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Ellis <[email-masked]> writes:

Richard> Somewhere between 1.24r and pre-2pl35 the DeskTopScale
Richard> parameter disappeared from fvwm.  The following patch
Richard> (against pre-2pl35) reimpliments it as a control parameter
Richard> for FvwmPager itself.  The specification in the .fvwm2rc file
Richard> is as so:

Richard> *FvwmPagerDeskTopScale 35

Richard> (or whatever scale factor anyone wants)

Hhmmm...well so it did!  I'll add that patch to the next release.

Thanks,
Chuck