Subject: FVWM: pasteboard

From: Michael Lachmann-Tarkhanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 1995 15:50:48 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know if this already in fvwm or not, I haven't found it...
Would it be possible to have some macro in fvwm that would mean 'the contents
of the pasteboard', so that one could mark a filename, hit a key, and have an
editor pop up, editing that file?
I am currently using the following:
Key F9           A       M      Exec "Netscape go" exec netscape -remote
"openURL "`xselection PRIMARY` &

where xselection is a program which echos the current pasteboard. Then I can
mark a URL, hit alt-F9, and netscape jumps to that URL. I think it would be
very usefull to have this in fvwm, maybe even have different commands executed
depending on whether something is selected or not.

	Michael Lachmann
	[email-masked]
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].