Subject: FVWM: fvwm2.0-pl35 localization patch

From: Hideki Kato <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 16:53:09 +0900

Hello FVWM users,

I'm not sure how many guys are interested in this, 
but I'd like to release the fvwm localization patch for supporting
multibyte characters, mainly Japanese kanji characters.
This patch enables to use/draw multibyte characters in menu, window
title and icon title, etc.

This patch must be applied in fvwm-pre-2.0-patchlevel-35 source tree.
I've only tested on SunOS 4.1.3/X11R6 with Japanese locale and fonts.
I think some modifications may be needed for other OS/platforms or
languages. (or some extra fonts ?)
You should set appropriate locale before executing fvwm2.
Also you should use font set for font assignment in your .fvwm2rc file.
(Sample: fvwm/sample.fvwmrc/kanji.fvwmrc)
Please refer to XCreateFontSet(3X11) man page for locale and font set.

I attached gzipped and uuencoded patch at the end of this mail.
(verrrry sorry for long mail)
Please 'uudecode' and 'gunzip' this then 'patch'.

Any comments are appreciated.

/ Hideki Kato ([email-masked])    Advanced Mobile Systems, Inc. /

--------- CUT HERE --------- CUT HERE --------- CUT HERE ---------
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 19:04:47 +0900

hideki> I'm not sure how many guys are interested in this, but I'd
hideki> like to release the fvwm localization patch for supporting
hideki> multibyte characters, mainly Japanese kanji characters.  This
hideki> patch enables to use/draw multibyte characters in menu, window
hideki> title and icon title, etc.

Umm... We fvwm-users-in-japan mailing list have already developed
these feature (fvwm internationalization) and released (with documents
including japanese-translated-manual and supplementals) as
fvwm-users-jp-kits.

(Our approach is just like your approach, i.e., using X11's I18N feature.)

If you have interested in, you can ftp to get. Be aware that all
documentation is written in JAPANESE. The latest release, named
fvwm-users-jp-kits.95Sep09.tar.gz, is available from followings:

<URL:ftp://ftp.sra.co.jp/pub/x11/fvwm/jp/fvwm-users-jp-kits.95Sep09.tar.gz>
<URL:ftp://wsclark.huie.hokudai.ac.jp/pub/X11/contrib/ima/fvwm-users-jp-kits.95Sep09.tar.gz>
<URL:ftp://ftp.astec.co.jp/pub/X11/contrib/fvwm/fvwm-pre-2.0/fvwm-users-jp-kits.95Sep09.tar.gz>

or whereever its mirror. Sorry official fvwm-users-jp-kits archive is
temporary closed so above are all COPY of official...

- -
Makoto 'MAR_kun' MATSUSHITA
--
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].