Subject: FVWM: function to maximize partially (with a margin)

From: Nacho <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 10:53:56 +0200

Hi,

I have my desktop configured with taskbar+pager+gkrellm all in a 103 pixel
width column at the left of the screen, so when I maximize a window, most of
the times I want this vertical bar to remain visible; for this I wrote the
next little function:

DestroyFunc Maxitotal
AddToFunc Maxitotal
+ I     Maximize 92 100
+ I     Move 103p 0p

It works fine when maximizing a window, the problem comes when unmaximizing
it, it returns the window to its original size, but not to its original 
position, so it's a bit odd...

I wonder how should I do it, is there any variable where is stored the
original position of the window? maybe should I use any kind of conditional
sentence so the "move" command is just executed when the window is not
maximized?

Thanks for your help:

Nacho

-- 
No book comes out of a vacuum (G. Buehler)
http://www.lascartasdelavida.com
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Hun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 11:55:45 +0200

>Hi,

Hello
>the times I want this vertical bar to remain visible; for this I wrote the

The whole thing you want to do can be done with EWMHBaseStruts - With 
the improvement that you don't have to implement the stuff by yourself 
since Fvwm does that for you with the Function Maximize.

*snip*
>Thanks for your help:

No Problem
>Nacho

Hannes