Subject: FVWM: Localization of fvwm 2.4.19

From: Miloslav Leporis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 13:07:08 +0200

Dear fvwm gurus and users,

could you give me tip, hint, link, info or whatsoever, where to find 
info how to localize fvwm and support languages (keyboard layouts, 
encoding, fonts) of far east - korean, japan.
Yes, sure, the first thing I did was RTFM and then contacting google, 
but no answer relevant to this topic. There are some old references 
dated back in 1999 or 2000.
Maybe some of you could help me.

Thank you for any help
( Even answer "read carefully the man pages once again, man" will help 
me and gives me hope the answer is there. )

milos

---

From: Alex Vakhrouchev <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 18:19:23 +0500

> me and gives me hope the answer is there. )

If I'm not mistaken, you just should make localization of
you use and install apropriate fonts. As for me, I use Russian
KOI8-R localization. All I have done to use it with fvwm
I installed cyrillic fonts and inserted them in /etc/fonts/local.conf
and in /etc/X11/xorg.conf on my Gentoo box.

Cheers,   Alex

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Miloslav Leporis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 09:14:45 +0200

Hi, Alex,

thanks for your reaction.
I already tried to use suggested approach - installing fonts, but the 
result was not what I expect.
Then, I added korean keyboard layout as one can find in fedora core3 
distribution and tried to set keyboard map with xmodmap. But korean 
user, I am in contact with, claimed that "is not exactly what he needs".
As for me, I know nothing about korean language.
Based on information I finally have found, usage of korean keyboard 
layout is little bit more difficult than most of european languages due 
to its hangul and hanja. (who may be interested
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=11202 )
I am keep on searching.
Any help from the fvwm community is welcome.

milos

Alex Vakhrouchev wrote:

>> ( Even answer "read carefully the man pages once again, man" will 
>> help me and gives me hope the answer is there. )
>>
>> milos
>
>