Subject: FVWM: FvwmScript & SendToModule issues

From: David Vilar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 11:20:42 +0200

Hi,

I have written a small FvwmScript consisting of a single ItemDraw
whose text should be changed while changing pages. The text should
be sent externally via a SendToModule call. I have two questions
about it:

1. I use the command 'WindowTitle {FvwmPageName}' in the FvwmScript
   and the window is identified as such with FvwmIdent. However,
   issuing an
     SendToModule FvwmPageName SendString 1 1 aaa
   doesn't work. Experimenting around I found out that
     SendToModule *fvwmPageName SendString 1 1 aaa
   works. Is that expected behaviour?

2. I bound the SendToModule call to a FvwmEvent (new_page). This
   works ok, but when I change the page in the pager dragging the
   right mouse button (for having parts of several pages on screen),
   the FvwmEvent is triggered constantly, so the "scroll effect" is
   not smooth as it used to be. Is there a workaround for it? I can
   not use '*FvwmEvent: Delay' because when I change pages with the
   keyboard I DO want the FvwmEvent to be triggered, even if the
   changes are nearly simultanous. I think FvwmPager should
   produce only a new_page event when the page with maximum area on
   screen changes.

BTW: In the FvwmScript man page in 2.5.12, in the 'PERIODIC TASKS'
section it is stated that the block shouls start with a 'Periodic
Task' keyword. This should be changed to 'PeriodicTasks', shouldn't
it? Perhaps it is already so in the last development version.	

Greetings,

David

-- 
My fvwm config: http://www-i6.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/~vilar/fvwm.html
David Vilar Torres			RWTH Aachen
Tel: (+49) 241 80 21611			Lehrstuhl f. Informatik VI
Fax: (+49) 241 80 22219			Ahornstr. 55
[email-masked]		D-52056 Aachen (Germany)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].