Subject: FVWM: Different state, different edge resistance?

From: Nicolas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 11:31:30 -0400

Hi,

	I'd like to have two different edge resistance.  In a "normal state", I don't 
want to eb able to jump from one page to the other by moving the mouse on the 
edge of the screen (EdgeResistance 10000 100).  But when I grab a window to 
move it, I'd like to be able to switch pages easely (EdgeResistance 0 0).  Is 
this possible?

	Nic Cola
-- 
()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail 
/\                        - against microsoft attachments

---

From: Thomas Adam <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:09:34 +0100

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 11:31:30AM -0400, Nicolas wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'd like to have two different edge resistance. In a "normal state",
> I don't want to eb able to jump from one page to the other by moving
> the mouse on the edge of the screen (EdgeResistance 10000 100). But
> when I grab a window to move it, I'd like to be able to switch pages
> easely (EdgeResistance 0 0). Is this possible?

I don't see why not.  All you would have to do is wrap the move command
in a function.  It depends where you select to move the window, of
course.  Let's take for instance the title bar.  You might have a mouse
entry like this:

Mouse 1         SFT     A       FuncFvwmMove

So that your FuncFvwmMove might look something like this:

DestroyFunc FuncFvwmMove
AddToFunc   FuncFvwmMove
+ H Move

All you'd have to do is modify it:

DestroyFunc FuncFvwmMove
AddToFunc   FuncFvwmMove
+ I EdgeResistance 0 0
+ H Move
+ I EdgeResistance 10000 100

-- Thomas Adam

--  
"One of us is a cigar stand, and one of us is a lovely blue incandescent
guillotine" -- Stephen Malkmus, "Type Slowly" from "Brighten The Corners"
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Shreyas Ananthan <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Apr 2005 18:01:38 -0400

Nicolas <[email-masked]> writes:

> 	I'd like to have two different edge resistance.  In a "normal
> state", I don't want to eb able to jump from one page to the other
> by moving the mouse on the edge of the screen (EdgeResistance 10000
> 100).  But when I grab a window to move it, I'd like to be able to
> switch pages easely (EdgeResistance 0 0).  Is this possible?

EdgeResistance and EdgeScroll