Subject: FVWM: turn off FvwmButtons

From: Bill Jehle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:00:46 -0700

Hi, I want to turn off fvwmbuttons and use WinListDesk. (Is Fwmbuttons
what controls the "norm" icons that end up in, say, an "IconBox"?)
I commented fvwmbuttons out of everything I could find, but when i
restart, there they are. Of course when I hit
settings>app-manager>winlistdesk the buttons turn off and WinListDesk
settings>app-manager>works fine. How do I turn them FvwmButtons off?

fvwm-2.5.12-0.2004123 on FC3
-- 
--bill
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Lucio Chiappetti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 10:15:18 +0200 (CEST)

> what controls the "norm" icons that end up in, say, an "IconBox"?)

I may not be the most qualified to answer as a fvwm newbie. I just 
configured my (SuSE off the shelf) .fvwm2rc to get rid of Fvwmbuttons
commenting out its invocation in the start and restart section.

to have an icon box (actually a pile of icons in the bottom right of the 
screen as I was used to) I added 

Style "*"   IconBox -20 0 -1 -1 , IconFill bottom right   
Style "*"   StickyIcon  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lucio Chiappetti - INAF/IASF - via Bassini 15 - I-20133 Milano (Italy)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
L'Italia ripudia la guerra [...] come    Italy repudiates war {...] as a
mezzo di risoluzione delle controversie  way of resolution of  international
internazionali                           controversies
                [Art. 11 Constitution of the Italian Republic]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
For more info : http://www.mi.iasf.cnr.it/~lucio/personal.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].