Subject: FVWM: Behavior change in Resize 2.4.x -> 2.5.x

From: Wesley Hart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:37:32 -0600

I've just upgraded my primary desktop system from an HP-UX workstation 
running fvwm 2.4.18 to a SuSE 9.2 system running fvwm 2.5.10.  Along the
way, the default behavior of Resize seems to have changed.

Using the binding:

  Mouse 3 TFS A Resize

I'm accostomed to being able to press-and-hold mouse button 3 to initiate
a resize, dragging out to the new size, and then releasing button 3 to
complete the operation.

Under 2.5.10, I must press-and-release button 3, drag to the new window
border, and then press-and-release button 1 to confirm the operation.
I frequently find myself trying to confirm the resize with button 3, which
maddeningly cancels the resize.

I'm trying to train myself to expect the new behavior, but seven years
of "finger memory" is difficult to overcome.  Is it possible to configure
version 2.5 for the old behavior?

TIA!

-- 
Wesley Hart
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Gert Brinkmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:32:11 +0100

> Under 2.5.10, I must press-and-release button 3, drag to the new window

http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/0307/msg00396.html

Ciao,

Gert

---

From: Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:31:15 -0500

> version 2.5 for the old behavior?

A bugfix changed the behavior of a handful of functions, and you now
need to put resize in a function for it to work properly.

Start here for more info:
http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/0303/msg00354.html

-- 
Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>