Subject: FVWM: double click in fvwm ?

From: Lucio Chiappetti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 17:31:53 +0200 (MET DST)

In the attempt of emulating my favourite (Motif/CDE simplified on Alpha)
look and feel I almost succeeded to get all what I want, except for
handling double clicks.

 - Ideally I want all windows to be decorated with a single button
   (window menu button) on the left (I have it and another button now)

 - and a title bar, a single click on the title bar with a mouse button
   (I don't care which since I usually don't remember and try each one
   in turn) shall also call the window menu (I have it)

 - double clicking on the title bar should iconize the window.
   THIS I DO NOT HAVE. I replaced it with an iconify button on the
   right, and with the use of a single click with mouse button 3

 - also I'd like to to de-iconize an icon with a double click (presently
   instead I have to use a SINGLE click)

What I have (made mainly editing the SuSE .fvwm2rc, commenting out
unwanted parts and a few edits) does work adequately, but still I am
missing double clicks. I tried using Stroke but it does not work.

How is "double click" handled ?

excerpt from .fvmw2rc

# Mouse bindings

# comment buttons to disable them
# remember buttons are 1 3 5 7 9 on side 0 8 6 4 2 on other side
# reassign iconify to 2 to destroy button 4
# comment also button 2 to eliminate it altogether
Mouse 0  2  A  Iconify
#
# add to iconify with double click ?
#     Mouse 0 T A
#     Stroke 00 1 T A Iconify
# provisionally use mouse 3
Mouse 3 T A Iconify

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lucio Chiappetti - INAF/IASF - via Bassini 15 - I-20133 Milano (Italy)
For more info : http://www.mi.iasf.cnr.it/~lucio/personal.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Julien Guertault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:23:37 +0200

Hello,

> How is "double click" handled ?

Is the following having the behaviour you are looking for?

AddToMenu DemoMenu	"This is a menu"	Nop

AddToFunc Menu-or-icon	"I" Menu DemoMenu
+			"D" Iconify

AddToFunc Double-to-deiconify	"D" Iconify

Mouse 0	1	A	Menu DemoMenu
Mouse 0	T	A	Menu-or-icon
Mouse 0	I	A	Double-to-deiconify

Regards,

-- 
Julien Guertault

---

From: Thomas Adam <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 17:51:12 +0100

[ CC'ed to Lucio, since my mails to the main fvwm list take something
around the order of an hour to reach the list. ]

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 05:31:53PM +0200, Lucio Chiappetti wrote:

>  - and a title bar, a single click on the title bar with a mouse
>  button (I don't care which since I usually don't remember and try
>  each one in turn) shall also call the window menu (I have it)
>
>  - double clicking on the title bar should iconize the window. THIS I
>  DO NOT HAVE. I replaced it with an iconify button on the right, and
>  with the use of a single click with mouse button 3
>

Use a function.  Where you have:

Mouse 0 T A IconifyOrShowMenu

Then create the function, such that:

DestroyFunc IconifyOrShowMenu
AddToFunc IconifyOrShowMenu
+ C Popup <menuname>
+ D Iconify

Clearly, you'd replace "<menuname>"  with the name of the meny you'd
want to have shown.

HTH,

-- Thomas Adam

--  
"One of us is a cigar stand, and one of us is a lovely blue incandescent
guillotine" -- Stephen Malkmus, "Type Slowly" from "Brighten The Corners"
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].