Subject: FVWM: FvwmRearrange more flexible ??

From: Yang Yang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:36:38 -0800

hi guys:
	sometimes I feel that I need such a feature from FvwmRearrange
	( at first I thought this was done by someone using Fvwm config
files, but failing to find it, I found FvwmRearrange does it. since
there is already FvwmRearrange, this is probably not a trivial task.
so I'd better not try it)

	for tiling, fvwmrearrange either tiles vertically or horizontally,
but I feel that a "grid" tiling would be more sensible, since this
would leave the titled windows not either too "thin" nor too
"flat/squashed". for example, if I have 9 windows lying on current
desktop, I would like them to be tiled onto a 3x3 grid, and for 10,
I would probably want 3x4, or some more complex way that gives
weight/area depending on the (order that I last stayed in each
window)/(time spent in each window)......

	also it would be nice if FvwmRearrange could leave some sort of
config, or command line parameter, for specifying which/how many
windows on current desktop to tile. ( for example , "last 4 winodws
that I stayed in" ) ......

	thank you for your time

	Yang
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Yang Yang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 00:27:48 -0800

nevermind, got one myself, maybe u will find it useful
DestroyFunc yytile
AddToFunc   yytile
+ I SetEnv  TempWindowCount 0
+ I All (CurrentPage ) \
    PipeRead  \
    "echo SetEnv TempWindowCount  $(($TempWindowCount+1))"
+ I PipeRead \
    'perl -e \' print "SetEnv nRow ",
(int(sqrt($[TempWindowCount]))+1)\''
#+ I All (CurrentPage ) \
#PipeRead  \
#   "echo SetEnv TempWindowCount   $(($TempWindowCount+1)) "
##echo "balh $[TempWindowCount]"
+ I FvwmRearrange -tile -h -mn $[nRow] -a
+ I Echo $[TempWindowCount] "---"  $[nRow]

Key F11 A A yytile