Subject: FVWM: A Couple more questions

From: Ryan Quinn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 14:48:23 -0500

Thanks everyone for your help with my last questions. The fvwm config 
files are a bit
intimidating at first but are actually pretty well thought out and not 
to difficult to get started with. 

EWMHBaseStruts works great in order to keep my windows from covering the 
50px around the edge
of the screen but there is a problem.  My desktop which is a window 
going by Mezzo-bin that launches
in a maximized state automatically is now also affected and not 
expanding out to the edges.
Here are the lines in my config covering these things:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
EWHMBastStruts 50 50 50 50

Style Mezzo-bin NoTitle, StaysOnBottom, EWMHIgnoreStrutHints, 
EWMHMaximizeIgnoreWorkingArea
------------------------------------------------------------------

The other issue I have is that the Mezzo-bin window still has a border 
on it generated by fvwm.
Is there a full list of Style hints somewhere that someone could send me 
a link to?

Thanks much,

Ryan Quinn
SymphonyOS Project
http://www.symphonyos.com
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Thomas Adam <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 22:42:04 +0000

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 02:48:23PM -0500, Ryan Quinn wrote:
> EWMHBaseStruts works great in order to keep my windows from covering
> the 50px around the edge of the screen but there is a problem. My
> desktop which is a window going by Mezzo-bin that launches in a
> maximized state automatically is now also affected and not expanding
> out to the edges. Here are the lines in my config covering these
> things:
>
> Style Mezzo-bin NoTitle, StaysOnBottom,
> EWMHIgnoreStrutHints, EWMHMaximizeIgnoreWorkingArea

So what you should probably do is have a maximise function when you
click the maximise button, such that:

AddToFunc FvwmMaximize
+ I ThisWindow("mezzo-bin")  EWMHIgnoreStrutHints
+ I Maximize

> on it generated by fvwm. Is there a full list of Style hints somewhere
> that someone could send me a link to?

man fvwm

-- Thomas Adam

--  
"One of us is a cigar stand, and one of us is a lovely blue incandescent
guillotine" -- Stephen Malkmus, "Type Slowly" from "Brighten The Corners"
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].