Subject: FVWM: how to Select Icon-sets in fvwm?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 17:56:33 +0800

hi everyone, I am a new-guy to Fvwm, please forgive me
if the question's naive:P

I want to change the whole icon-set of my Fvwm, and I
have downloaded the icon packages, but I found that I
have to modify a lot in my ".fvwm2rc" file, that is, everywhere
 when a Icon appears, and I have to select individual icon
for each of my application, that's too messy...
I want to know if there's a convenient way to select between
several Icon-sets.

best regards.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 11:08:34 +0000

> I want to know if there's a convenient way to select between

You may take a look at how this is done in wm-icons package. It comes
with many icon sets and wm-icons-config script that manipulates symlinks,
like ~/.wm-icons/mini, ~/.wm-icons/norm, ~/.wm-icons/menu. All icons
names are mini/terminal.xpm, norm/terminal.xpm or menu/terminal.xpm
depending on where the icon should appear.

Another way is just to prepend another path into ImagePath, like:

  ImagePath $HOME/my-nice-icons:+

and continue to use your existing config (just create all used icons and
place them in ~/my-nice-icons/ directory). If you want to use png icons,
but your config lists xpm names that you don't want to change, do:

  ImagePath $HOME/my-nice-icons;png:+

Regards,
Mikhael.