Subject: FVWM: fvm2 xorg/xterm problems?

From: "Ash Garg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:10:41 +1100

All,

We have just recently build two new systems with FreeBSD 5.3-p5, 
XORG 6.7, xterm v200, fvwm 2.5.12.We are running nvidia dual screens 
with Xinerama support.

My basic problem is that the display for xterms don't seem to refresh 
properly. The output of different lines seems to get munged into the same 
line. Its like the newline is not be recognised.

When I try the sequence of steps via telnet to the box it all looks good.

I have updated fvwm2 to latest release, xterm to the latest release and 
still no luck

any ideas?

Thanks,
Ash

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Perry Hutchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 21:55:39 -0800 (PST)

> My basic problem is that the display for xterms don't seem to
> refresh properly. The output of different lines seems to get munged
> into the same line. Its like the newline is not be recognised.

This is, almost certainly, not an FVWM problem.  Most likely one
of the stty options is not set properly.  Much less likely, but
possible, is that the version of xterm does not match the xterm
entry in termcap/terminfo.

I'd suggest starting with the manpage for stty.