Subject: FVWM: New screenshots

From: Pierre-Eric MARCHANDET <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 00:18:53 +0100

I was wondering if you would accept my little contribution to your
collection of desktop screenshots, window decoration and menu screenshot
(you can see them on the forum or here: http://pemarchandet.free.fr/ ) 

It would be an honor.

pem

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Uwe Pross <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:56:29 +0100

Hi there,

On 17 Feb 2005 at 00:18:53 +0100, Pierre-Eric MARCHANDET wrote:

> I was wondering if you would accept my little
> contribution to your collection of desktop screenshots,
> window decoration and menu screenshot (you can see them
> on the forum or here: http://pemarchandet.free.fr/ )

Done.

These are very nice screenshots. I wondered how you get the
real transparent windows and menus. I get root transparency
only. Is this a special xserver? What terminal is on the
screenshot?

I tried your config from
http://pemarchandet.free.fr/fvwm.tbz2 but some pictures are
missing and some things e.g. FvwmConsole do work from the
scratch. I tried it on a debian sarge with standard fvwm
package. Anyway - very nice theme.

Cheers, Uwe
-- 
  ,_,   For personal reply/mail put "fvwm"
 (O,O)  in the subject.
 (   )  Otherwise your mail is discarded by a filter.
=-"-"-= http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~uwp
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Pierre-Eric MARCHANDET <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:28:29 +0100

Hi Uwe and others,

Happy to see the theme has pleased you.

Concerning the X server, I use Xorg 6.8 and its composite extension.
They are managed by xcompmgr that I run via the InitFunction. It
provides shadowing of app and real transparency (called opacity). The
shadowing effect really help to target the focused window. The opacity
is just eye candy.

The VT is MRXVT and it allows to configure its own opacity. To modify
the opacity for an already launched app, I use transset. I've seen
people using a modified transset able to assign a specific opacity
function to any app during its launch. I haven't set it caus' my distro
is based on sources and I don't like the idea to patch my code each time
a bug fix is available. 

That only apply for the apps. For the menu, it's basic colorsets.
Transparency for the pixmap menu and transluency for the other: kinda
tricky.

CU, pem

-- 
Pierre-Eric MARCHANDET <[email-masked]>

---

From: Pierre-Eric MARCHANDET <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:36:16 +0100

I've missed the icon part ... dawn me. Actually, I've tried to use a
gnome theme for the icon I use. I was doing that in the purpose of
allowing me to change from one icon theme to the other (most of my apps
are gnome based). Thus, most of the icon that doesn't come up with my
theme are taken from the gnome theme called Gnant. You can download it
there: http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=15764