Subject: FVWM: Multiple Monitors

From: Jason Dobies <[email-masked]>
Date: 01 Feb 2005 10:36:42 -0500

I have two monitors set up through Xinerama. If I set the aterm geometry
to +0+0, it appears on the left monitor in the top left corner. If I
specify it to -0-0, it appears on the right monitor at the top right
corner. Is there a way I can have an aterm appear in the top left corner
of the right monitor?

When I position a window there the coordinates in the top left of FVWM
reads +0+0, but they appear on the right monitor, so I'm unsure of how
to programmatically drop an aterm there.

Thanks in advance,

- J

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 13:42:50 +0100

If u use xinerama you can specify it like this:
+0+0@p the @p specifies that it starts on the primary screen

Other possibilities are @c (current screen containing the pointer), @g (global 
screen, in your +0+0 screen it will start at the same position as regular 
+0+0) and @X where X is the screen number you wish to display your window on.

Before this works you need to enable xinerama:
XineramaPrimaryScreen 0 (or 1 figure that one out yourself)
Xinerama On

man fvwm gives you some more info on this.

Mark