Subject: FVWM: keep windows on a page

From: Harshwardhan Nagaonkar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 10:50:44 -0700

I was able to find a solution in the manual for starting up a particular 
window in a particular page. It works great, all I do is

	Style *hunder*    SkipMapping,  StartsOnPage 2 2

However, what I want to now accomplish is to start up an app on the same 
page that I start it with the menu.

Let me explain. I have a setup of 1 desktop with 9 pages arranged in a 
box formation. If I am on page 1, I open up my menu and start an 
application. Now I move to page 4. Because the application is still 
starting up, the main window of the application starts up on page 4 
(where I currently am).

Is it possible to make the application "remember" that it was started on 
page 1 and open up there (in the background) and not come up annonyingly 
on page 4?

I know that I can wait until the app starts up on page 1 etc, and I've 
been living like that for a while now. Just curious if there is a way to 
accomplish this in FVWM.

Thanks,
-- 
Harshwardhan Nagaonkar
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT - 84602
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Thomas Adam <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 19:47:06 +0000

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 10:50:44AM -0700, Harshwardhan Nagaonkar wrote:
> Let me explain. I have a setup of 1 desktop with 9 pages arranged in
> a box formation. If I am on page 1, I open up my menu and start an

Have you seen the following URL?

http://www.fvwmwiki.org/cgi/moin.cgi/Tips_2fRememberStartPage

-- Thomas Adam

-- 
I know nothing, and understand even less.

---

From: Harshwardhan Nagaonkar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 12:51:15 -0700

> http://www.fvwmwiki.org/cgi/moin.cgi/Tips_2fRememberStartPage

Doh!

Thanks Adam,

---

From: Thomas Adam <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 19:53:51 +0000

> Thanks Adam, 

You're welcome.  Note also (and it is a common mistake that almost
everyone makes) that my first name is "Thomas".  My surname is "Adam".
:)

-- Thomas Adam