Subject: FVWM: Some Windows doesnt have Borders

From: Sebastian Rodriguez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 19:49:47 +0000

Hello, 
I've made my fvwm config inspired in tavisos , desintegr and Ikaro
(wich i thanks a lot cause there are a lot of good stuff in there) but
my problem is that i've some programs who opens without border and i
cannot close/maximize etc.
So, is there a way to make a default style for all the windows who
arent clearly defined?
As an example, when i receive a dcc via xchat, the dcc windows stills
opens and i must kill it to close it.
Thx you all
-- 
Sébastien Rodriguez
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Thomas Adam <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 20:57:36 +0000

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 07:49:47PM +0000, Sebastian Rodriguez wrote:
> (wich i thanks a lot cause there are a lot of good stuff in there)
> but my problem is that i've some programs who opens without border
> and i cannot close/maximize etc. So, is there a way to make a default
> style for all the windows who arent clearly defined? As an example,

Something like:

Style * Title, Borders, Handles, etc...

Having said that, it sounds like all you _really_ want is:

Style * DecorateTransient

Since you mention the "dcc" chat window of Xchat -- that's most likely a
transient window.  Whether the extent of this stops with transient
windows or not in your case, I cannot say.  I'd have to see your config
file.

-- Thomas Adam

-- 
I know nothing, and understand even less.

---

From: Tavis Ormandy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 21:07:07 +0000

> opens and i must kill it to close it.

Hey, try this

Style xchat-2 NoFuncHint, NoDecorHint

-- 
-------------------------------------
[email-masked] | finger me for my gpg key.
-------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Sebastian Rodriguez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 22:09:20 +0000

> windows or not in your case, I cannot say.  I'd have to see your config

That just did it, thank you very much all of you ^^

---

From: Sebastian Rodriguez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 16:35:27 +0000

I rewritte to the mailing list cause now i've a little problem :p
How can i do to dont put borders or anyting else to the xine bar? the
one you can make pause/play etc, cause now it has a border, and its
quite annoying :'(

---

From: Thomas Adam <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 16:50:55 +0000

> one you can make pause/play etc, cause now it has a border, and its

Style "*xine*" !Title, !Handles. !Borders

Note that you may well have to use FvwmIdent on the xine bar to
determine its name/class/resource, or what have you, if the above
matches too many instances of windows named 'xine'.

HTH,

-- Thomas Adam

---

From: Bjoern Steinbrink <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 17:52:47 +0100

> one you can make pause/play etc, cause now it has a border, and its

Use the FvwmIdent module to get some information about the windows for
which you want different styles. The fields in question are Name, Class
and Resource IIRC (maybe Transient is useful, too). Then figure out, which
of them are unique to those windows you want to change. Finally put some
Style settings into your fvwm configuration. For xine I use:
Style "Xine Window" NoTitle, !Borders
Style "Xine Panel" NoTitle, !Borders

HTH
Bjoern

---

From: hun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 17:59:15 +0100

> one you can make pause/play etc, cause now it has a border, and its

Just add a "Style xine !DecorateTransient" below the first line ;)

---

From: Sebastian Rodriguez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 18:18:48 +0000

I run the stable version of fvwm, so i dont have the fvwmIdent.
Is there a way to have this module without updating to the testing
version of fvwm?

---

From: Bjoern Steinbrink <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 21:10:50 +0100

> Is there a way to have this module without updating to the testing

It's FvwmIdent (upper-case F) and should be in the stable version as
well...

Bjoern

---

From: Thomas Adam <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 20:11:18 +0000

> Is there a way to have this module without updating to the testing

Of course you have the "FvwmIdent" module.  Open up an FvwmConsole and
type that in.  Or append it to a menu somewhere...

-- Thomas Adam