Subject: Re: FVWM: strange behaviour

From: Harshwardhan Nagaonkar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 11:17:37 -0700

Julien Guertault wrote:
> Hello,
<snip/>
> This sounds like a FAQ 0.1 problem... ^_^
> Make sure this doesn't have to do with CapsLock/NumLock/ScrollLock modifer.
> If it does, then you can add
> 
> IgnoreModifiers L25
> 
> in your config file.
> <snip/>

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I can't help wondering if 
we can fix this forever by having a simple floating message (looks like 
a popup) for 2 seconds whenever FVWM starts up and has the num-lock key 
on (activated, etc). Just like GDM shows you a message when the caps key 
is on.

And like the FAQ says, whoever fixes this will get their names up on big 
letters on the site! :)

-- 
Harshwardhan Nagaonkar
Brigham Young University
Provo, UT - 84602
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:49:06 +0000

> on (activated, etc). Just like GDM shows you a message when the caps key 

The FAQ question suggests the problem usually starts some time after
fvwm was started and everything worked well. The good solutions here are
"IgnoreModifiers L2" (this could even be the default if only Num_Lock
was always mod2), or using 'A' instead of 'N' for modifiers in bindings.
Note, Num_Lock is not the only modifier, usually there are also
Caps_Lock (ignored by default) and Scroll_Lock.

Regards,
Mikhael.