Subject: FVWM: Style command

From: Andrew Dolgov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 01:49:48 +0300

Hi,

I have a feature-request regarding the Style command. :-)

It would be really nice to have an ability to specifically request
what window property to match on,
e.g. Style ClassName BlahBlah ... or Style Resource BlahBlah, maybe
even with boolean expressions.

Reason: some applications use common classes like "Window" or
"program" and/or use the same class on different windows (for example,
IM client main window and conversation windows) which could cause
wrong styles being applied to wrong windows when using current
fuzzy-logic matching.

-- 
Andrew.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mark <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:39:35 +0100

Yeah i really second that !

BTW would It be possible to change window-id's for a running program ?

Mark

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:58:25 -0500

> wrong styles being applied to wrong windows when using current

That's number 16 in docs/todo-3.0:

 16) Expand Style command to support name=pattern syntax.
     Style (Name "File *", Class XPaint, Resource *browser) NoIcon

There's no telling when it will get done.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]