Subject: FVWM: FvwmButtons, ActiveColorset

From: Andrew Dolgov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:40:36 +0300

I have desktop icons made using FvwmButtons with transparent colorset and
wanted the icon under mouse cursor to be highlighted (e.g. with increased
IconAlpha or something like that). 

Is it currently possible? I checked the list archives and found the
discussion[1] from Jul 2004 about ActiveColorset/PressedColorset for
FvwmButtons. As far as I understood the patch was committed but I can't make
it work. :-(
 
[1]: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email-masked]/msg05335.html

-- 
	Andrew   <fox(at)madoka.spb.ru>.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Chris Debenham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:01:16 +1100

I do something similar to this but using two icons (one for normal, one when highlighted) eg:
*PanelBar: (1x1 icon panel/normal/firefox.png, ActiveIcon panel/hover/firefox.pn
g, Action Exec xwwwbrowser)

My activeicons are the same as normal icons just with the colors inverted but you can do anything you want this way.

Chris

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 11:40:36AM +0300, Andrew Dolgov wrote in a legally binding way:
> Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:40:36 +0300
> From: Andrew Dolgov <[email-masked]>
> Organization: My hovercraft is full of eels
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: FVWM: FvwmButtons, ActiveColorset
> 
> 

-- 
Puritanism: The Haunting Fear That Someone, Somewhere May Be Happy

---

From: Scott Smedley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:02:52 +1100

Hi Andrew,

> IconAlpha or something like that). 

If you want the icon to be highlighted, the easiest way to accomplish
this is to use 'Icon' & 'ActiveIcon'.

ie. 

*Buttonbar(Icon redApple.png, ActiveIcon greenApple.png)

If you only want the background to change, use:

*Buttonbar: ActiveColorset 21

SCoTT. :)