Subject: FVWM: Kiosk

From: David Busby <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 23:06:27 -0800

List,
   I'm trying to make a touch screen kiosk, in the "discovery phase" at 
this point.  What is the fastest way to make a GUI app for FVWM?  All I 
need to do is a Q&A type of application.  I found how to make FVWM only 
run Netscape and could make a bunch of web pages, but I'd rather have a 
complete client side-application.  Do I use GTK, TK, TCL? I've never 
written a GUI for any Linux/X-Windows/WM/Desktop.  I'm looking for a 
pointer at the langauge that will allow me to build a nice graphical 
application (my own images for backgrouds, no window frames, buttons and 
such).  FVWM sounds like the right start, but how to make my own app?

/djb
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Roeland Moors <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 11:13:48 +0100

> such).  FVWM sounds like the right start, but how to make my own app?
GTK, TK, Qt, Fox, fltk, ....
You cold use them all.
Glade can be used to build an interface. (GTK)
Qt also has an interface builder, but I can't remember the name.
It's also possible to use a scripting language to use these guis.
Ruby for example has bindings for all these guis.

-- 
Roeland

---

From: Tavis Ormandy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 11:07:28 +0000

On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 11:06:27PM -0800, David Busby wrote:
> need to do is a Q&A type of application. 

Fastest way? xdialog perhaps, http://xdialog.dyns.net/ 

(mouse over the screenshot links for some examples)

-- 
-------------------------------------
[email-masked] | finger me for my gpg key.
-------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].