Subject: FVWM: alt-tab cause fvwm to crash

From: GuanFu Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 01:47:08 +0800

I try to modify some examples from the internet.(Because I like the
setting very much,but I feel like some features to be added or
removed)
But I found I use alt-tab will cause fvwm to crash and back to the xdm
login screen. I don't know what's wrong with my setting.

http://momofarm.idv.tw/~momo1/fvwm2rc

can any one tell me why this happen?
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 18:14:35 +0000

> login screen. I don't know what's wrong with my setting.

What fvwm version do you run?
Do you get "core" file?

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Frank Gruellich <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 20:02:57 +0100

> can any one tell me why this happen?

Can you tell the version of Fvwm2 you are using?  It doesn't crash here.

 Regards, Frank.
-- 
,------------------------.------------------------.--------------------.
| Chemnitzer Linux-Tage  | "Linux loves desktops" ' [email-masked] |
| March, 5th + 6th, 2005 |       http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/      |
'------------------------'---------------------------------------------'
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: GuanFu Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:22:42 +0800

I use on a debian desktop machine.

momofarm@debian:~$ fvwm2 -V
fvwm 2.5.12 compiled on Nov 20 2004 at 21:26:15
with support for: ReadLine, RPlay, Stroke, XPM, PNG, Shape, XShm, SM,
Bidi text, Xinerama, XRender, XFT, NLS

fvwm comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. You may
redistribute copies of fvwm under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.
momofarm@debian:~$ 

> What fvwm version do you run?

What core file?

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:22:07 +0000

On 24 Jan 2005 10:22:42 +0800, GuanFu Chen wrote:
> 
> On 23 Jan 2005 18:14:35 +0000, Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > 

Search for file like "core" or "core.13579" in your starting directory.
If it is compiled with -g flag (that I doubt if you use deb), then
type "gdb fvwm core" and then "where" and post relevant (or all) lines,
but only if you see source file lines together with C function names.

If your fvwm binary does not contain the debug info, then the only way to
find the source of this problem is to compile fvwm manually and try to
crash fvwm to get this core file. [There are cases when rebuilding may
"fix" a problem if it was system related, i.e. bugs in gcc or libraries.]

Regards,
Mikhael.