Subject: FVWM: how to define "any key"

From: Xue Ruini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:42:00 +0800

hello, everyone

As we know, pressing on the Windows key brings up the StartMenu in Microsoft
Windows boxes. Windows keys can be used in fvwm, however, they are defined as
modifiers. That is to say, you can bind actions to them. I do not know whether
"any key" exists in fvwm or not, or any other trick to bind a certain action
to the windows keys.

for example :) 

Key "ANY KEY" A N 3 Maxmize

Thanks in advance!

Leo
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Erik Steffl <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 01:34:23 -0800

> Key "ANY KEY" A N 3 Maxmize

   usually the win key is already bound to some key (not a modifier), 
use xev to figure out what it is. If xev does not show anything 
configure your keyboard. Keyobard configuration depends on distro but 
one way or another you need to figure out what to use in X config file 
which is usually /etc/X11/XF86Config or /etc/X11/XF86Config-4. Look for 
section that looks somewhat like this:

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier      "Logitech Cordless iTouch"
         Driver          "keyboard"
         Option          "CoreKeyboard"
         Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
         # Option                "XkbModel"      "logicordless"
         Option          "XkbModel"      "itouch"
         Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
EndSection

   and choose your "XkbModel" appropriately (see files in /etc/X11/xkb)

	erik