Subject: FVWM: FvwmWinList Action

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 20:18:30 -0800

In the 4th edition Linux In A Nutshell from O'Reilly, there is a
section on fvwm2 which includes the following sample configuration:

    *FvwmWinListAction Clock3 Module "FvwmIdent" FvwmIdent

which does not work.  The manpage says this should do the trick:

    *FvwmWinList: Action Click3 Module FvwmIdent

which seems to not work either.  No error message from either attempt,
and I tried several variations.

I am running gentoo with fvwm version 2.5.10-r3 on an opteron system.

-- 
            ... _._. ._ ._. . _._. ._. ___ .__ ._. . .__. ._ .. ._.
     Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / [email-masked]
  GPG = E987 4493 C860 246C 3B1E  6477 7838 76E9 182E 8151 ITAR license #4933
I've found a solution to Fermat's Last Theorem but I see I've run out of room o
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 23:53:49 -0500

>     *FvwmWinListAction Clock3 Module "FvwmIdent" FvwmIdent

That line is from the file:

modules/FvwmWinList/config.sample

Except it should say "Click3", not "Clock3".

I just read in that file and tried it.  It worked for me.

> and I tried several variations.

Both commands do the same thing.  The second syntax is preferred.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 07:47:47 -0800

> Both commands do the same thing.  The second syntax is preferred.

Whoops on the typo, that is my fault, not O'Reilly's.  I found my
problem, too ... I was still using the old WindowList, not
FvwmWinList.  Now it works :-)