Subject: FVWM: Fishy Software-Patents: Please Participate in Web-Demo

From: "Felix E. Klee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 04:19:35 +0100

Hi,

unfortunately the FFII and related organizations have been forced into
some last minute actions to prevent the council from "silently" passing
the EU Software Patent directive in the Agriculture and Fisheries
Council on Tuesday next week.  That would be one major step towards the
legalization of Software Patents in Europe.  Read more about it on the
corresponding protest page:

http://demo.ffii.org

In spite of the last minute call for protest, quite a large number of
corporations, organizations, and individuals have decided to participate
in a Web-Demo which may prove to be an important channel to make the
press aware of the topic.

It would be great if FVWM, an large and well known Free Software
project, could participate in the demo, either by substituting the home
page, or by putting a banner on web page(s).  Links to banners can be
found on the demo page mentioned above.

Please also help spreading the word quickly, by contacting Free Software
projects and other players in the software business.  I need to get some
sleep now. %-)

Felix

PS: I still have some more FVWM logo images lying on my hard disk that I
haven't gotten around to finish up.  If you want to include a banner or
some such thing into FVWM 2.5, let me know, and I'll hurry up.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Felix E. Klee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:09:23 +0100

At Mon, 20 Dec 2004 04:19:35 +0100,
Felix E. Klee wrote:
> Council on Tuesday next week.

To be more specific: Tommorow!

Could you please add a banner or something - It would be very helpful,
also to motivate other sites.

Felix

---

From: Uwe Pross <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:14:54 +0100

Hi there,

> also to motivate other sites.

Of course! Could you please post a location where to get "a
banner or something".

Regards, Uwe
-- 
  ,_,   For personal reply/mail put "fvwm"
 (O,O)  in the subject.
 (   )  Otherwise your mail is discarded by a filter.
=-"-"-= http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~uwp
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Felix E. Klee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:53:22 +0100

At Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:14:54 +0100,
> Of course! Could you please post a location where to get "a

Here:

http://demo.ffii.org/banner.html

Thanks for your cooperation.

Felix

---

From: "Felix E. Klee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 01:51:57 +0100

Uwe Pross wrote:
> Of course! 

Thanks.   I added FVWM to the list of supporters:

http://demo.ffii.org/support.php

Unfortunately, things seem to have changed in a bad way:

http://kwiki.ffii.org/Kuenast041221De

There's a little hope, though, that some states may object adopting the
item, at least on legal grounds: Having the SWPat directive as an
"A"-item on the agenda by tomorrow violates the Council's rules of
procedure.

Felix