Subject: FVWM: Xnest and fvwm

From: Benoit Galarneau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 21:45:14 -0500

Hi everyone,

I have a small problem with fvwm. XDMCP is enable on a linux computer
running fvwm windows manager. With Solaris, we start a Xnest connection
with a query to the linux computer.

I log and everything is fine except for a particular application. The
application "menu's item" are not there. I see the menu scrolling down
but the text is not there. Everything else is working, mouse click
(left, middle and right button).

There is no problem without Xnest. When I start a "X :1 -query
Linux_IP", everything is good.

I want to know if someone experienced something similar or not.

Thx.

Ben

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 13:33:50 +0100

> I want to know if someone experienced something similar or not.

Xnest does not behave like a conventional X server in so many ways
that I stopped debugging Xnest/fvwm problems a long time ago.  I
recommend to find a different way to connect the two machines or
ask the Xnest developers for a better idea.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]