Subject: FVWM: Is it possible to pop up FvwmWinList near the mouse?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:46:18 -0800

Now that I have discovered FvwmWinList instead of Windowlist, I have
been customizing it.  I have one hotkey to pop it up, another to make
it go away.  One thing I would like is to have it pop up near the
mouse, not any fixed location.  This would be similar to the xmessage
option -nearmouse.  Is this possible?  I'd like this for FvwmPager
too, and probably others later.

-- 
            ... _._. ._ ._. . _._. ._. ___ .__ ._. . .__. ._ .. ._.
     Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / [email-masked]
  GPG = E987 4493 C860 246C 3B1E  6477 7838 76E9 182E 8151 ITAR license #4933
I've found a solution to Fermat's Last Theorem but I see I've run out of room o
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:39:49 +0000

> too, and probably others later.

This does what you want:

  FvwmWinList -transient
  FvwmIconMan -transient
  FvwmPager -transient 0 3

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 06:35:49 -0800

> > too, and probably others later.

Transient does more than I want :-( With the FvwmWinList, it also no
longer tracks the mouse as it moves over different windows.  Instead,
it shows which window had focus when it popped up, and since it popped
up under the mouse, it always shows itself, rather than where the
mouse was before it popped up.

With FvwmPager, as soon as I press any other key, it goes away.

Transient seems to have different effects for different modules.  All
I want is to change the popup location, nothing else.