Subject: FVWM: Multiple "Untitled" X-applications

From: Mikko Heiskanen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:32:23 +0200

Hi,
I have a problem with an idea to use a program multiple times in
FvwmButtons for different mailboxes (wmymail). The problem is that the
wmymail doesn't allow to give another name for the executed instance
from commandline, thus, I end up having multiple *FvwmButtons Swallow
"Untitled" blahblah in the fvwmconfig. Ok, I remember reading about this
issue from somewhere, but the info gets lots everytime one needs it, and
such is the case for me.
I would need FvwmButtons to wait for the invocation of the program, as
in, launch one instance at a time, so that 1st invocation would end up
being the first in the box, etc. It seems like fbuttons is launching all
the programs at once, thus resulting in a scenario where I have Title
inbox, and wmybox pointing to somewhere else (to clarify, here is a pic:
http://whitecortex.net/~mikko/screenshot.png).
I tried to use sleep 1 with the command execution, but the results
remain same. I would greatly appreciate any help as the wmymail program
is something I really would like using in this setup.

(ps. I've not subscribed at the moment)

Mikko
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].