Subject: FVWM: transient windows and desk changing

From: Roberto Ugoccioni <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 15:21:02 +0100

Hello,
I am using fvwm 2.5.8 and notice the following problem
with several applications/toolkits (at least: all Tcl/Tk
apps using Tk standard dialogs, gucharmap, xmms):
I start the app on desk, say, X (I use 4 desks), do
something which opens a dialog box, close the
dialog box; then I move the main window to desk Y, do
the same op which opens the very same dialog box as before: 
said dialog still appears on desk X, i.e., on the desk where it
appeared the first time, instead of desk Y, where the app
is now. (notice that fvwm switches desk appropriately to show
me the now focused dialog).

Since I program in Tcl/Tk, I can tell that the problem
happens with dialog windows which are "withdrawn" when done
and on the second request are mapped again.
If the dialog is destroyed, instead of withdrawn, and 
later re-created then there is no problem.
I don't know anything about gtk.

Normally I use a very complex .fvwm2rc, but to pinpoint the
source of problem I reduced it to the following three lines:

  Style FvwmPager Sticky
  AddToFunc StartFunction
  + I Module FvwmPager 0 3

Help is appreciated, even if just to tell me that the
problem lies with a misuse of the window states on the part
of the various toolkits (gtk, tcl/tk,..?)

Thanks,
  Roberto Ugoccioni

-- 
-----------------------------
Dr. Roberto Ugoccioni             email:[email-masked]
Dipartimento di Fisica Teorica      fax: +39 011 670 7214
Via P. Giuria 1                     tel: +39 011 670 7235
10125 Torino                              (internal: 7235)
Italy                          homepage: http://www.to.infn.it/~ugoccion/
-----------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].