Subject: FVWM: mailcount in button

From: Roeland Moors <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:32:06 +0100

I made a very simple (ruby) script that shows the number of new mails I
have. The scripts simply writes to stdout.

I could use piperead to get this text into a button, but then it
doesn't refresh. 

It would also be nice if I could place text in multiple colors.

What is the best way to do this? Should I use FvwmScript for
this or is there a easier way?

-- 
Roeland
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Thomas Adam <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 16:30:30 +0000

> have. The scripts simply writes to stdout.

Yes, I too have such a script in Ruby, but then I realised that
reinventing the wheel is better left to others. So I now use a program
called Xlassie, available here:

http://www.speakeasy.org/~xyzzy/xlassie/

I have this swallowed in FvwmButtons, and works wonders.

-- Thomas Adam

-- 
I know nothing, and understand even less.

---

From: Roeland Moors <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 18:23:29 +0100

> I have this swallowed in FvwmButtons, and works wonders.
Thanks, this looks like it can do everyhing I need.

---

From: Uwe Pross <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 12:54:55 +0100

Hi there,

> this or is there a easier way?

I use lsmbox and FvwmScript for this. Screenshot at
http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~uwp/download/FvwmButton_with_MailBoxCheck.png

Script attached.

Cheers, Uwe
-- 
  ,_,   For personal reply/mail put "fvwm"
 (O,O)  in the subject.
 (   )  Otherwise your mail is discarded by a filter.
=-"-"-= http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~uwp