Subject: FVWM: New Fonctionnality

From: Mathieu Jouan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:21:58 +0100

May it be possible to consider the following functionality, create
a mapping key function to launch main program (the most used) ?
exemple in .fvwm2rc:

map <F1> /usr/bin/my_browser_web

Thank you,
MJ
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Louis LeBlanc <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 11:53:22 -0500

> map <F1> /usr/bin/my_browser_web

Already there,  You're looking for the Key command:

Back when I used the MS Internet keyboard, this tied the HomePage button
directly to Netscape:

Key XF86HomePage  A  A  Exec /usr/local/bin/netscape

Basically, regardless of where the focus is or what modifiers apply,
that key would kick off Netscape.

Nowadays, I'd probably do something different, like using modifiers to
cause that key to kick off different browsers, like Firefox, Mozilla,
Netscape, Galeon . . .

HTH
Lou
-- 
Louis LeBlanc               [email-masked]
Fully Funded Hobbyist, KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)
http://www.keyslapper.org                     Ô¿Ô¬

ignorance, n.:
  When you don't know anything, and someone else finds out.