Subject: FVWM: FvwmAnimate and Styles * NoIcon

From: [email-masked] (Mathias Weyland)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 00:20:02 +0100

Hi

I tried to call FvwmAnimate out of FvwmIconMan with fvwm 2.5.12 (Debian
Sarge). I have disabled the Icons and I want to animate the 
iconification process of windows which are being iconified. The 
manpage of FvwmIconMan sais something about NoIconAction. I
tried to copy the example from the manpage, but it doesen't work. 

This is my configuration (stripped):

Module FvwmAnimate
Style * NoIcon
*FvwmIconMan: NoIconAction SendToModule FvwmAnimate animate
Module FvwmIconMan

But I don't see any Animations :( When I invoke 'SendTo Module 
FvwmAnimate animate 100 100 10 10 0 0 0 0' (or anything like that) from
the FvwmConsole, I  can see animations. They appear as well if I don't 
disable Icons in the config.

I guess I've misunderstood the meaning of NoIconAction, but what am I 
doing wrong exactly?

Regards, Mathias
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:23:40 -0500

> I guess I've misunderstood the meaning of NoIconAction, but what am I 

I'm not sure, but modules should always be started from
the StartFunction.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]