Subject: FVWM: Fvwm crash with Lazarus and when exiting DGA mode in xmame

From: Jenner Fusari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 09:58:27 +0100

Hi all,
I'm using fvwm 2.5.10 in my Debian (testing) and I've noticed some fvwm crash
with Lazarus and xmame.
The Lazarus IDE (installed from the binary in Debian's experimental) works well
but when I try to customize the GUI (like using Environment -> Editor Option)
by clicking on a font selector or a color selector, fvwm crash and X closes.
I also installed xmame (from binary in Debian's unstable) and I've noticed that
if DGA is enabled when I close the program fvwm crash, X closes but the 80x25
textmode console is not restored and I can only see the last X screen with some
pixel garbage around.

I also experienced the Lazarus problem with fvwm 2.4.x.

All this problems never happen on other window-managers (tried fluxbox and twm)
and without the window-manager.

My configuration: Pentium III 800Mhz, 192MB RAM, Kernel 2.6.8.1, Debian
(testing), Xfree 4.3.0.dfsg.1-8 (ATi Rage Pro chipset), Fvwm 2.5.10.
I'm not an expert fvwm user (and I'm not good in Linux at all :P ) so my Fvwm
configuration script is really simple.

Should I file a bug for this or are known problems? What can I do to help solve
this problem?

Thanx,
   Jenner
-- 
/// http://neurotix.com
/// [email-masked]

----------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].