Subject: FVWM: autohide from FAQ works differently from 2.5.10 to 2.5.12

From: Scott <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 10:26:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I recently upgraded from 2.5.10 to 2.5.12.  My config file has been
using a copy and paste of the FAQ's autohide setup (7.17) since 2.5.8.

Prior to my move to 2.5.12, if I kept the mouse pointer on an item that
had been "unhidden", that item would remain unhidden until I moved the
mouse pointer off of that item.

Now with my move to 2.5.12, keeping the mouse pointer on the unhidden
item will not keep that item unhidden.  In this state, that item will
remain unhidden per the 'hide delay' millisecond value in the config
file.  But, if the mouse pointer is quickly moved to the root window
the unhidden item will remain unhidden until I move the mouse pointer
off of the root window.

Since I have the pager (via a FvwmButtons swallow) autohidden, this new
scenario makes moving windows around in the pager a bit difficult.  I
could increase the hide delay value, but that would kind of defeat the
purpose of autohiding.

I was surprised to not see this already covered on the mailing list. 
Perhaps autohiding your pager is not as common as I thought it would
be.

Any ideas on how to get my prior behavior back would be very much
appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

_______________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Declare Yourself - Register online to vote today!
http://vote.yahoo.com
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 16:58:05 +0200

> Any ideas on how to get my prior behavior back would be very much

You are right.  A bug fix in the return code handling of
conditional commands breaks the code from the FAQ.  You have to
replace

 + I ThisWindow ($0) ThisWindow (shaded) WindowShade off

with

 + I ThisWindow ($0) KeepRc ThisWindow (shaded) WindowShade off
                     ^^^^^^

to make it work again.  It's the same in the second version of the
function.  Add "KeepRc" before the nested call to ThisWindow.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]