Subject: FVWM: window's environment variables

From: Elliot Sowadsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 16:24:37 -0700 (PDT)

I dont suppose theres a way of fvwm reaching into a window's environment
variables, is there?

I want to make windows started from a different "environment" look different.

Running 2.5.12

I s'pose i can have FvwmEvent add_event read some /tmp/fvwm_env file
written at the time the app is started. But is there a better way?
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:14:53 +0000

> I want to make windows started from a different "environment" look

If your xterm sets WINDOWID (mine does) and if you run FvwmCommandS,
then in your shell's initialization files (or from anywhere else) run:

  FvwmCommand "WindowId $WINDOWID WindowStyle HandleWidth 20"

You get the idea.

Regards,
Mikhael.