Subject: FVWM: EwmhBaseStruts in 2.5.11

From: Chris Rouch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:03:52 +0200

I use FvwmButtons as a panel, taking up the top 60 pixels of my screen,
so I have the following:

EwmhBaseStruts 0 0 60 0
Style "*"           MinOverlapPlacement

I'm trying to startup firefox with a geometry that will take up the rest
of the screen. The geometry is saved in firefox's configuration files.
I hoped that it would position itself at 0,60. Instead it positions
itself at 0,0.

Is this a bug, or am I misunderstanding how this is supposed to work?
If it is the latter, how do I tell fvwm that I want no applications
placed in the area occupied by the panel?

The debug output is:

 [FVWM][__explain_placement]: placed new window 0x2200042 'Mozilla
Firefox':  desk 4 (specified by style)
  current page
  position 0 0, placed by fvwm (normal placement)
    placement method: MinOverlap

Regards,

Chris
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].