Subject: FVWM: key bindings on Cygwin

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:08:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi!

I just installed FVWM on Cygwin/Windows2000 and am running into a
series of problems that may be related.

First, the shell (bash) prompt on xterms is gobbledygook and many keys
fail to work properly.  Most annoyingly, the up arrow key on xterms
fails to produce earlier commands in the shell's history.  In fact,
the shell's readline features are all gone in these xterms.  I should
stress that all keys and bash readline features work perfectly on
non-X Cygwin terminals; they fall apart only when going through FVWM.

What can I do to fix these problems?  Is there a standard config file
for FVWM under Cygwin?

Thanks!

Kynn

PS Please CC me in your replies
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:22:48 -0400

> What can I do to fix these problems?  Is there a standard config file

I'm guessing you are logging in to a remote system.
If so, make sure your profile on the remote system is not running
xmodmap.

I don't think this is an Fvwm problem.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]