Subject: FVWM: MoveToDesk broken in 2.5.11

From: Chris Rouch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 14:16:55 +0200

I have a sticky application, which has menu options for popping up
non-sticky dialog windows. I have the following in my .fvwmrc

+ I ThisWindow ("Shortcuts") MoveToDesk

With 2.5.10 this would mean that the pop window would always appear on
the current desk, no matter which desk I'd viewed it on before. However
with 2.5.11 it keeps popping up on the original desk. The appropriate
debug output is:

[FVWM][__explain_placement]: placed new window 0x2000186 'Shortcuts':
  desk 0 (current desk)
  current page
  position 514 62, placed by fvwm (normal placement)
    placement method: MinOverlap

[FVWM][__explain_placement]: placed new window 0x2000186 'Shortcuts':
  desk 0 (specified by style)
  current page
  position 514 62, placed by fvwm (normal placement)
    placement method: MinOverlap

Regards,

Chris
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:38:20 +0200

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 02:16:55PM +0200, Chris Rouch wrote:
> with 2.5.11 it keeps popping up on the original desk.

Yes, you are right.  MoveToDesk without an argument does not work
anymore.  I'll fix it in 2.5.13.  Meanwhile you can solve the
problem with

  + I ThisWindow ("Shortcuts") MoveToDesk 0 $[desk.n]

[snip]

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]

---

From: Chris Rouch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 16:02:27 +0200

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:38:20 +0200
Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > With 2.5.10 this would mean that the pop window would always appear
> > on the current desk, no matter which desk I'd viewed it on before.
> > However with 2.5.11 it keeps popping up on the original desk.
> 

That works. Thanks!

Chris