Subject: FVWM: Gnome support

From: [email-masked] (Mikko Heiskanen)
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:42:24 +0300 (EEST)

Is there a way to see if fvwm is built with gnome support? I tried
"fvwm-config -i" but I don't know if it should show in there.
It does say on gnome-libs: no, but is it the same as
--enable-gnome-hints and --with-gnome?
I am running 2.5.10 from FreeBSD ports, and fvwm/gnome
are behaving weird together (new programs start on page 1,
iconified windows show on nautilus desktop, etc.), even though
I have all ewmh* style options turned on.
Thanks,
Mikko
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 13:51:35 +0000

> --enable-gnome-hints and --with-gnome?

--enable-gnome-hints is obsolete; gnome hints are compiled in
unconditionally and may be turned off in the config if needed.

--with-gnome is related to the line you see in 'fvwm-config -i':
	gnome-libs (in FvwmGtk): yes

As you see, gnome-libs only affects FvwmGtk module and nothing else.

> I have all ewmh* style options turned on.

I think there were discussions on this list about Nautilus recently.
You may try turning hints off rather than on (that is the default).

Regards,
Mikhael.