Subject: FVWM: Problem choosing panel with EdgeCommand

From: Rafal Bisingier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:34:24 +0200

Hi!

There is an example in the fvwm man page showing a method to auto raise
and lower panel when mouse poiter hit edge of the screen. It uses
FvwmAuto and EdgeCommand function. It works very well, but only for 1
panel for each edge (because of using focus to decide if window should
be raised or lowered).

Here begins my problem. I have 3 panels on one edge of the screen (2
FvwmButtons and 1 FvwmPager). I want them to be separate panels. But
using earlier metioned method from man page there isn't any possibility
to decide which panel to raise when hitting edge (well, I can script it
to make a decision based on pointer position when hitting edge, but
it meens aiming without target visibility ;-) ).

Here begins my solution. I've added new command for fvwm
"EdgeLeaveCommand", based on the EdgeCommand, but reacting on
LeaveNotify Event. So now I can raise all 3 panels to show me "target",
and set focus on one only, when mouse pointer is leaving edge. This way
I can see where I should move mouse to choose exacly this panel wich I
wanted.

If anyone knows a better solution, no needing patching fvwm, then please
comment here.

I'va attached patch on current CVS with my update's adding
EdgeLeaveCommand.

-- 
Greetings
Rafal Bisingier