Subject: FVWM: error compiling 2.5.10 on Cygwin

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 22:01:36 +0000

I'm not sure but I'm pretty positive that "fvwm" itself was already compiled,
leading me to believe that "Xext" is really there.  I believe that gcc is an
up-to-date version as I just installed cygwin.  Any advice?

[snip]
make[2]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/h/fvwm-2.5.10/modules'
Making all in FvwmAnimate
make[3]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/h/fvwm-2.5.10/modules/FvwmAnimate'
source='FvwmAnimate.c' object='FvwmAnimate.o' libtool=no \
depfile='.deps/FvwmAnimate.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/FvwmAnimate.TPo' \
depmode=none /bin/bash ../../depcomp \
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../..   -I/usr/X11R6/      -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-implicit-int -c `test -f 'FvwmAnimate.c' || echo './'`FvwmAnimate.c
gcc  -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-implicit-int   -o FvwmAnimate.exe  FvwmAnimate.o -L../../libs -L/lib/X11 -lfvwm    -lXext -lX11  -lm -lpng -lz  
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.3.3/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: cannot find -lXext
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [FvwmAnimate.exe] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/h/fvwm-2.5.10/modules/FvwmAnimate'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/h/fvwm-2.5.10/modules'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/h/fvwm-2.5.10'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Also, there was lots of warnings about "dereferencing type-punned pointer will
break strict-aliasing rules."

Thanks.
G.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].