Subject: FVWM: WindowShade too fast

From: Scott Smedley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 11:28:54 +1000

Hi all,

I'm using an autohide FvwmButtons window like FAQ 7.17 with this
config to control the visual effect:

Style Buttonbar WindowShadeScrolls, WindowShadeSteps 1p, WindowShadeBusy

The window shades too fast for my liking - even when using the most
CPU-intensive options. Does anyone know of a way to slow it down a fraction?

SCoTT. :)

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 10:35:18 +0200

> CPU-intensive options. Does anyone know of a way to slow it down a fraction?

Use more complex window decorations and the style

  Style * WindowShadeBusy

Other than that, there is currently no way to slow it down even
more.  It might be worthwhile to add another style
WindowShadeStepDelay that usleep()s for the given amount of time
between two steps.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]