Subject: FVWM: Problem with "W" context mouse bindings.

From: Randy Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 18:16:47 -0400

I have in my .fvwm2rc file the following bindings:

# Meta mouse bindings.
Mouse 1		W	M	Lower
Mouse 2		W	M	Move
Mouse 3		W	M	Raise
Mouse 2		W	MC	Resize

  I've used these for years and had them work fine; my fingers are
  very used to them.  However, I recently upgraded my desktop (see
  below) they seem to be completely ignored.  Specifically, the mouse
  clicks in the application window seem to go straight to the
  application.  Is this accurate?  If so, what is the "W" context good
  for?

    My current setup is Mandrake 10.0 running GNOME (2.4.1 or 2.4.2
  depending on which RPMs you trust), with fvwm 2.5.10 grafted in
  underneath as the window manager.  I've done scanning of the
  fvwm.org web page and mailing lists, but found nothing indicating
  how this is supposed to work (and a message or two implying that
  applications are supposed to get all events within application
  windows; i.e. that what I'm trying to do is not allowed).  Can
  anyone give me a more definitive answer?

    Thanks in advance for any help ... 

					-- Randy Smith
					[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 22:47:29 +0000

>   application.  Is this accurate?  If so, what is the "W" context good

The "W' context definitely works, if no, see FAQ #0.1 question.

However the recent behaviour regarding "Move/Resize operations that are
not in a complex function on mouse drag" was changed. So if you want the
operation on press and not on release, rewrite it to use a function:

  Mouse 2               W       M       MyMove

  AddToFunc MyMove
  #+ I Raise
  + I Move

Regards,
Mikhael.