Subject: RE: FVWM: Windows opening partially off screen

From: "Moore, Garron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:12:08 -0700

Does anyone have any ideas? I feel like I have tried everything.

Also, moving windows works just fine. They won't move off of the
Screen. If I move a window that is partially off the screen, it
will jump to be completely on the screen.

Thanks,
Garron

-----Original Message-----
From: Moore, Garron 
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 8:15 AM
To: FVWM Users
Subject: FVWM: Windows opening partially off screen

Some of the windows in our app are set up to open with their
top left corner where the mouse pointer is. If the mouse pointer
is next to the right or bottom of the screen, the windows are
opening up partially off the screen. Is there a Style that can
be set to ensure the windows will be placed completely on the
screen?

Thanks,
Garron Moore
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>. To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a message to [email-masked]. To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:25:24 +0200

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 04:12:08PM -0700, Moore, Garron wrote:

(Please type replies below the quoted sections of the precvious
mail on this list).

> Does anyone have any ideas? I feel like I have tried everything.

I can't think of anything short of using FvwmEvent to execute a
script that corrects the window position if it's off screen.

> will jump to be completely on the screen.

[snip]

> > be set to ensure the windows will be placed completely on the

If you have control over what the application does, why don't you
modify the application code.  Okay, it does not know the size of
the decorations beforehand, but it could at least make sure that
the window stays almost on screen.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]