Subject: FVWM: Pager Geometry

From: Andreas Zimmermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 22:32:09 +0200

hi,
i got problems setting geometry on my pager. This is my config:

*FvwmPager: Geometry 71x53+0-0
*FvwmPager: Font none
*FvwmPager: Balloons
*FvwmPager: BalloonColorset * 9
*FvwmPager: HilightColorset * 9
*FvwmPager: WindowColorsets * 10
*FvwmPager: Window3DBorders
*FvwmPager: UseSkipList
*FvwmPager: BalloonFont "xft:Sans:medium:pixelsize=10:minspace=True"
*FvwmPager: NoSeparators
*FvwmPager: MiniIcons
*FvwmPager: ShapeLabels
*FvwmPager: Colorset * 10

i always get the same size when the pager starts up. There is no other
geometry tag in the config files. DeskTopScale is not set.

regards Andi

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Julian Leyh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:38:11 +0200

> *FvwmPager: Geometry 71x53+0-0

are you shure, this is for your version of FvwmPager ?
look at FvwmPager(1)

for fvwm 2.2.5, for example, you'd have to use this:
*FvwmPagerGeometry geometry

for fvwm 2.5.10, your config should work..

cu
JRL

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 22:52:45 +0000

> for fvwm 2.5.10, your config should work..

2.2.x is not supported. The colon-space syntax works since 2.3.x and this
is the only valid syntax guaranteed to continue to work in the future.

Returning to the original problem. Is it possible you call a pager alias,
like "FvwmPager MyPager"? To see it works, start FvwmConsole and type:

  FvwmPager

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Andreas Zimmermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23:28:19 +0200

>   *FvwmPager: Geometry 71x53+0-0

Hey there!
I've got fvwm 2.5.10, and starting the pager with FvwmConsole doesn't
make it better. Same problem.

find -name '*' | xargs grep -i pager in fvwm-dir: (Maybe this could
help...)

./fvwm2rc:read "pager.fvwm2rc"
./fvwm2rc:+ I Module FvwmPager * 3 
./pager.fvwm2rc:*FvwmPager: Geometry 71x53+0-0
./pager.fvwm2rc:*FvwmPager: Font none
./pager.fvwm2rc:*FvwmPager: Balloons
./pager.fvwm2rc:*FvwmPager: BalloonColorset * 9
./pager.fvwm2rc:*FvwmPager: HilightColorset * 9 
./pager.fvwm2rc:*FvwmPager: WindowColorsets * 10
./pager.fvwm2rc:*FvwmPager: Window3DBorders
./pager.fvwm2rc:*FvwmPager: UseSkipList
./pager.fvwm2rc:*FvwmPager: BalloonFont
"xft:Sans:medium:pixelsize=10:minspace=True"
./pager.fvwm2rc:*FvwmPager: NoSeparators
./pager.fvwm2rc:*FvwmPager: MiniIcons
./pager.fvwm2rc:*FvwmPager: ShapeLabels
./pager.fvwm2rc:*FvwmPager: Colorset * 10 
./WindowStyle.fvwm2rc:Style FvwmPager NoTitle, NoButton 1, NoButton 2,
NoButton 4, BorderWidth 1, Sticky, WindowListSkip, NeverFocus,
CirculateSkip

Regards andi

---

From: Andreas Zimmermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 20:21:42 +0200

Am Mi, den 18.08.2004 schrieb Mikhael Goikhman um 2:42:
> On 17 Aug 2004 23:00:28 +0200, Andreas Zimmermann wrote:
> > 
> Make your ~/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc to be these 2 lines only to see that it works.
> 
> It is possible you have ModulePath, remove it.

Tried your suggestion but it won't work. The Location is correct but the
size is the same....

No ModulePath.

Regards andi

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:52:42 +0200

> Tried your suggestion but it won't work. The Location is correct but the

Please double check whether fvwm runs fine without a configuration
file.  Start fvwm with the command

  fvwm -f /dev/null

e.g. from $HOME/.xinitrc.  Start FvwmConsole from the root menu,
then type

This should work.  If it doesn't, check the file
ConfigFvwmDefaults (may be installed in /usr/local/share/fvwm).
This file should not be modified, but if it is it may contain
conflicting settings.

If the pager comes up fine, check all your config files for
settings that override the pager geometry.

You may also add 

  DestroyMofuleConfig FvwmPager*

before the pager configuration to make sure you're not inheriting
other settings.

> No ModulePath.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]