Subject: FVWM: emulation for KDE system tray?

From: Ding Lei <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 11:49:55 +0800

Hello list,
	Is there any possible emulation of kde's system tray in fvwm? 
Lots of gtk and kde programs is able to minimize into the tray, such as gaim, kopete.	
But I don't really wanna to start a gnome-panel, it brings up  too much things.

   Thanks in advance.

-- 
Layman <[email-masked]> Ext: 8059

But the greatest Electrical Pioneer of them all was Thomas Edison, who
was a brilliant inventor despite the fact that he had little formal
education and lived in New Jersey.  Edison's first major invention in
1877, was the phonograph, which could soon be found in thousands of
American homes, where it basically sat until 1923, when the record was
invented.  But Edison's greatest achievement came in 1879, when he
invented the electric company.  Edison's design was a brilliant
adaptation of the simple electrical circuit: the electric company sends
electricity through a wire to a customer, then immediately gets the
electricity back through another wire, then (this is the brilliant
part) sends it right back to the customer again.

This means that an electric company can sell a customer the same batch
of electricity thousands of times a day and never get caught, since
very few customers take the time to examine their electricity closely.
In fact the last year any new electricity was generated in the United
States was 1937; the electric companies have been merely re-selling it
ever since, which is why they have so much free time to apply for rate
increases.
		-- Dave Barry, "What is Electricity?"
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kingsly John <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 10:30:18 +0530

+++ Ding Lei [2004-08-05 11:49:55]:

> Hello list, Is there any possible emulation of kde's system tray in fvwm?
> Lots of gtk and kde programs is able to minimize into the tray, such as
> gaim, kopete.	But I don't really wanna to start a gnome-panel, it brings up
> too much things.

Guess this should also be added to the FAQ! 

      http://freshmeat.net/projects/peksystray

Kingsly

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 10:20:57 +0200

> But the greatest Electrical Pioneer of them all was Thomas Edison, who
[snip; removed 18 lines]
> 		-- Dave Barry, "What is Electricity?"

Please use a shorter signature.  Anything longer than 4 lines is
considered impolite by the netiquette rules.  Usually people do
not care much, but 23 lines (5 times the size of the email text)
is definitely too long.

As you seem to be using fortune to generate signatures, I suggest
running it with

  $ fortune -n 240 -s

to generate only short fortunes (240 characters or less).

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]