Subject: FVWM: Question: Binding keys to change window focus

From: "Raymond Guzman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 06:34:32 +0800

I'd like to use key strokes to change my window focus.  Similar to windows ALT-TAB, though I'd prefer ALT-SHIFT or some other key stroke.  I've been groping around the doc and this seems possible, but I cannot find how to do it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

- Ray

-- 
___________________________________________________________
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 23:04:55 +0000

On 25 Aug 2004 06:34:32 +0800, Raymond Guzman wrote:
> 
> I'd like to use key strokes to change my window focus.  Similar to
> windows ALT-TAB, though I'd prefer ALT-SHIFT or some other key stroke. 
> I've been groping around the doc and this seems possible, but I cannot
> find how to do it.

I am not sure what is exactly the problem, but here are some bindings
copy/pasted from fvwm-themes (with minor modifications):

  DestroyFunc SelectWindow
  AddToFunc   SelectWindow
  + I Focus
  + I Raise
  + I WarpToWindow 50 50

  # Ctrl-Alt-Tab, Shift-Ctrl-Alt-Tab, Alt-PageUp, Alt-PageDown
  Key Tab         A       CM      Prev FuncFvwmSelectWindow
  Key Tab         A       SCM     Next FuncFvwmSelectWindow
  Key Prior       A       M       Prev FuncFvwmSelectWindow
  Key Next        A       M       Next FuncFvwmSelectWindow

  # direction commands, Alt+Shift+keypadN
  Key KP_1        A       SM      Direction SouthWest FuncFvwmSelectWindow
  Key KP_2        A       SM      Direction South     FuncFvwmSelectWindow
  Key KP_3        A       SM      Direction SouthEast FuncFvwmSelectWindow
  Key KP_4        A       SM      Direction West      FuncFvwmSelectWindow
  Key KP_5        A       SM      Direction Center    FuncFvwmSelectWindow
  Key KP_6        A       SM      Direction East      FuncFvwmSelectWindow
  Key KP_7        A       SM      Direction NorthWest FuncFvwmSelectWindow
  Key KP_8        A       SM      Direction North     FuncFvwmSelectWindow
  Key KP_9        A       SM      Direction NorthEast FuncFvwmSelectWindow

Use 'xev' and 'xmodmap' utilities to find the names of the pressed keys
and info about modifiers.

Regards,
Mikhael.