Subject: RE: FVWM: Different styles for multiple instances of same application

From: "Jason Dobies" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:34:30 -0400

> Hi fvwm people,
>
> I like to have several open xterms scattered across my sixteen desktop

> pages on startup. I'd like to do this through a "Style" setting in my 
> fvwm2rc rather than using X geometry specification because it's more 
> robust against screen resolution changes, and it seems to be more the 
> fvwm way. However, I can only use one style setting per application, 
> meaning that all my xterms open on top of one another. How can this be

> changed?

I wanted similar functionality with aterm, so I hope the same answer
applies.

I wanted a transparent, sticky aterm to sit on my desktop. When creating
the aterm, I specify "-title iterm". I then have a style "iterm" (in
addition to my style "aterm") that I changed certain settings to get
this behavior. That way, it behaves differently than my aterm instances.

- J
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].