Subject: FVWM: pop-ups as a static part of a panel?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 19:57:52 GMT

Hi!

I'd like to have the main menu pop-up as a fixed and never disappearing
menu on my side panel. How can I specify a static position in a layer for
the menu? And how to make it show up at start and keep on appearing, no
matter what and where I click on?

thanks for your help,
loki

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:26:29 +0200

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 07:57:52PM +0000, [email-masked] wrote:
> the menu?

Assuming your menu has the name MenuPanel:

  Style MenuPanel UsePPosition, layer <target layer>
  Menu MenuPanel root 0p 0p

Then move the mouse over the menu and press backspace.

> And how to make it show up at start and keep on appearing, no

At the moment, menus can be torn off only interactively.  In
2.5.11 there will be the option TearOffImmediately for the menu
and popup commands:

  Menu MenuPanel root 0p 0p tearoffimmediately

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]