Subject: FVWM: Win-D(Show desktop) Howto?

From: Ding Lei <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 16:14:27 +0800

Hello list,
1.  I wonder how to do the same as in MS Windows Win-D to show
	desktop. And press the combo again will restore to the previous
	state.

2.  I found that lots of Window titles in FVWM'S WindowList is different
from KDE/GNOME's taskbar. Those titles in FVWM's taskbar are usually
not that friendly, or uneasy to recognize. any way to fix that?

Thanks.

---
layman
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:55:29 +0000

> 	desktop. And press the combo again will restore to the previous

If you install fvwm-themes 0.7.0, it has such feature in the panel of the
RedmondXP theme. It plays with State flag to be able to restore the
original state of windows.

> not that friendly, or uneasy to recognize. any way to fix that?

Please show examples of such difference. There are at least 4 names that
may be used to identify the window, name (title name), icon name, class
and resource. Apply FvwmIdent or xprop on your window to see its names.

You can pass UseIconName argument to WindowList to show icon names
instead of title names, but in most of applications these are the same.
In some modules, like FvwmIconMan, FvwmPager and FvwmWindowMenu, you may
configure any combination of the 4 window names, see their man pages and
"format" options.

Regards,
Mikhael.