Subject: RE: FVWM: open office slide show fails under fvwm

From: "Junren Shi And Xin Hu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 16:53:41 -0400

>I am using open office 1.1 with fvwm 2.5, xfree86 4.3, debian 3.1.
>
>Starting a slide show from ooimpress, the image covers only about
>85 % the width and 85 % the height of my screen.
>

Yes.  I saw the same thing in my system and even worse: the slide show only 
covers ~50% of the width and height of my screen.  My system is Fedora core 
2 with fvwm 2.5.10, and Xorg 6.7.0.

It seems fvwm has unusually high number of quirknesses in handling 
full-screen comparing to other window managers (xfwm, gnome, kde, mwm...) .  
I known at least the following problems:

* Switching to Mozilla/Firefox fullscreen destroyes window
* Returning from fullscreen of acroread renders the window un-moveable.
* Now, ooimpress fails to fullscreen in slideshow.

I guess the list will expand as more programs are tested.  The strange 
things are that these problems are often reported un-reproducible by other 
members.  This either means the bug is rather tricky or means the problem is 
highly system-related.

>On the open office mailing list (thread
>news://news.gmane.org:119/[email-masked])
>I got the answer that this is definitely a fvwm problem (same .sxi file
>works under KDE). In any case, the problem does NOT depend on specific
>content of my slide show.
>
>Thanks for any clue - Joachim
>

_________________________________________________________________
Planning a family vacation? Check out the MSN Family Travel guide! 
http://dollar.msn.com

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].