Subject: FVWM: Re: problem with FvwmPager on amd64

From: "Harald Dunkel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 17:02:35 +0200

Sorry for the late response. It would be nice if you put me on CC:
if you send an answer.

Here is the output of xwininfo -tree:

xwininfo: Window id: 0x600005 "Virtual"

   Root window id: 0x94 (the root window) (has no name)
   Parent window id: 0x4002ad (has no name)
      1 child:
      0x60000b (has no name): ()  407x89+-1+-1  +1185+1103
         1 child:
         0x60000c (has no name): ()  407x89+-1+-1  +1185+1103
            15 children:
            0x60001e (has no name): ()  3x3+-1041+-780  +145+324
            0x600022 (has no name): ()  3x3+-1041+-780  +145+324
            0x600024 (has no name): ()  3x3+-1041+-780  +145+324
            0x60002e (has no name): ()  3x3+-1041+-780  +145+324
            0x600026 (has no name): ()  3x3+-1041+-780  +145+324
            0x600010 (has no name): ()  3x3+-1041+-780  +145+324
            0x600028 (has no name): ()  3x3+-1041+-780  +145+324
            0x60000e (has no name): ()  3x3+-1041+-780  +145+324
            0x60001c (has no name): ()  3x3+-1041+-780  +145+324
            0x60001a (has no name): ()  3x3+-1041+-780  +145+324
            0x600018 (has no name): ()  3x3+-1041+-780  +145+324
            0x600016 (has no name): ()  3x3+-1041+-780  +145+324
            0x600014 (has no name): ()  3x3+0+57  +1186+1161
            0x600012 (has no name): ()  9x3+42+29  +1228+1133
            0x60000d (has no name): ()  50x29+0+30  +1186+1134

Obviously some windows are misplaced. The size is not correct, either.

There is some other problem wrt int vs long. I have changed
ParseColorset() to use

diff -ur orig/fvwm-snap-20040707/modules/FvwmPager/FvwmPager.c fvwm-snap-20040707/modules/FvwmPager/FvwmPager.c
--- orig/fvwm-snap-20040707/modules/FvwmPager/FvwmPager.c       2003-07-07 13:30:02.000000000 +0200
+++ fvwm-snap-20040707/modules/FvwmPager/FvwmPager.c    2004-07-07 15:36:38.155524596 +0200
@@ -1488,8 +1488,8 @@
    int colorset = 0;
    int i;
    int desk;
-  unsigned int colorset_offset = (unsigned int)offset_deskinfo;
-  unsigned int item_colorset_offset = (unsigned int)offset_item;
+  unsigned long colorset_offset = (unsigned long)offset_deskinfo;
+  unsigned long item_colorset_offset = (unsigned long)offset_item;

    sscanf(arg2, "%d", &colorset);
    AllocColorset(colorset);

But this seems to be unrelated.

Regards

Harri

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Harald Dunkel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 20:35:32 +0200

PS: Some additional info about an effect I did not
recognize before: If I iconify a window, then
the icon becomes visible in the Pager, too.
Deiconifying it adds the expected mini window
to the Pager.

However, if I move to another virtual desk, then
all mini windows are gone again.

Maybe the problem has nothing to do with being
64bit clean. Is it possible that some events are
not handled correctly?

Regards

Harri