Subject: FVWM: installing to OSX/XFree86 4.3:problems

From: Patrick Hunt HM <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 20:30:03 +0100

Hi,
I am having problems with this install, as shown at the end of the 
following Terminal log.
Any suggestions?

Sincerely,
Patrick

FVWM Configuration:

   Version:     2.4.18

   Executables: /usr/local/bin
   Man pages:   /usr/local/man
   Modules:     /usr/local/libexec/fvwm/2.4.18
   Data files:  /usr/local/share/fvwm

   With GNOME Window Manager hints?   yes
   With GTK support for FvwmGtk?      no: Failed to detect GTK, see 
config.log
   With Multibyte support?            no: Use --enable-multibyte to 
enable
   With ReadLine sup. in FvwmConsole? no: Can't find working libreadline
   With RPlay support in FvwmEvent?   no: Can't find working librplay
   With Shaped window support?        yes
   With Session Management support?   yes
   With Stroke support?               no: Can't find working libstroke
   With Xinerama support?             yes
   With XPM support?                  yes

make…

Making all in fvwm
cd .. && /bin/sh ./config.status fvwm/Makefile depfiles
config.status: creating fvwm/Makefile
config.status: executing depfiles commands
source='menus.c' object='menus.o' libtool=no \
depfile='.deps/menus.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/menus.TPo' \
depmode=gcc /bin/sh ../depcomp \
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I../libs   -I/usr/X11R6/include  
  -DFVWM_MODULEDIR=\"/usr/local/libexec/fvwm/2.4.18\" 
-DFVWM_DATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/fvwm\" 
-DFVWM_CONFDIR=\"/usr/local/etc\" -g -O2 -c `test -f 'menus.c' || echo 
'./'`menus.c
menus.c:240: illegal expression, found `void'
fvwm.h:120: parse error in conditional expression
cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in 
basic mode
make[2]: *** [menus.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2