Subject: FVWM: UseBorderStyle

From: "Friedman, Joseph" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:11:29 -0400

Hi!  I am a new user, in the process of switching from vtwm.  My
question is about fvwm v. 2.4.18.  I would like to have gray window
frames and colorful window titles, but I want the window buttons to be
gray like the frame, not colorful like the title.  Here is my .fvwm2rc:

  *FvwmTheme: Colorset 10 Foreground white, Background ForestGreen
  *FvwmTheme: Colorset 11 Foreground yellow, Background firebrick
  *FvwmTheme: Colorset 12 Foreground black, Background grey60
  *FvwmTheme: Colorset 13 Foreground black, Background grey70
  ModuleSynchronous Timeout 5 FvwmTheme
  Style * Button 1, Button 2, Button 4, Button 6
  Style * Colorset 10
  Style * HilightColorset 11
  Style * BorderColorset 12
  Style * HilightBorderColorset 13
  AddButtonStyle All -- Clear !UseTitleStyle UseBorderStyle
  Mouse 0 2 A Close
  Mouse 0 4 A Maximize 100 100
  Mouse 0 6 A Iconify

Even though I specifically say "UseBorderStyle", the buttons still
appear green or red depending on the focus.  What am I doing wrong?

Help!
-yossi
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:48:38 +0200

> appear green or red depending on the focus.  What am I doing wrong?

The problem is that the old ButtonStyle syntax and the new Style
syntax can not be mixed.  If you need the UseBorderStyle flag, you
have to use the old syntax:

  *FvwmTheme: Colorset 10 Foreground white, Background ForestGreen
  *FvwmTheme: Colorset 11 Foreground yellow, Background firebrick
  *FvwmTheme: Colorset 12 Foreground black, Background grey60
  *FvwmTheme: Colorset 13 Foreground black, Background grey70
  ModuleSynchronous Timeout 5 FvwmTheme
  Style * Button 1, Button 2, Button 4, Button 6
  TitleStyle inactive Colorset 10
  TitleStyle active Colorset 11
  BorderStyle inactive Colorset 12
  BorderStyle active Colorset 13
  ButtonStyle All -- Clear UseBorderStyle
  Mouse 0 2 A Close
  Mouse 0 4 A Maximize 100 100
  Mouse 0 6 A Iconify

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]