Subject: FVWM: Where to start for a newbie?

From: Shuxiang Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:48:07 -0700

Hi, there,

I am a newbie of fvwm. I have one year's experience with gentoo linux,
and ever tried
gnome and xfce4 as DE. Recently I found fvwm is such a great WM, so I
wanna learn
how to configure it. Could someone here give me some suggestion about where I 
should start with? I tried to read FAQ and man page, but they are not
that helpful.....\
feel frustrated now. Thanks  for your input.

Shuxiang
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Thomas Adam <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:54:10 +0100

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:48:07 -0700

> are not that helpful.....\

Tavis Ormandy is working on a few bits and pieces tutorial-wise, as am
I, but nothing quite near completion. Your best bet for general examples
is to look at the screenshots in the main FVWM website, as these often
have .fvwm2rc files with them (not all, but some).

Tavis' fvwm2rc file is here:

http://dev.gentoo.org/~tavis/fvwm2rc.html

and there's a bit on the wiki for fvwm:

www.fvwmwiki.org

But really, your own ideas should be laid on paper as to what you want,
and then for you to just keep looking through the manpages. It's all in
there, if you dig about. If you need any help, there is always IRC
(irc.freenode.net) in the #fvwm channel.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"Programming in Ruby is like being hugged." -- Greg McIntyre, Ruby
programmer.

---

From: Thomas Adam <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 19:03:37 +0100

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:54:10 +0100

> http://dev.gentoo.org/~tavis/fvwm2rc.html

That should be:

http://dev.gentoo.org/~taviso/fvwm2rc.html

-- Thomas Adam