Subject: FVWM: Window focus problem?

From: Thomas Adam <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:06:42 +0100

Hello, All - 

I'm running Fvwm 2.5.10. I seem to have a problem with window focusing.
I use sloppyfocus. When I'm switching between pages via the keyboard,
a window will become focused (if the mouse happens to fall over a
window). 

This is fine, but if I then try move the mouse over a non-focused window
to be focused, it doesn't register, and I have to wiggle the mouse over
the non-focused window to get it to work. 

Is this a bug in Fvwm? Is it an application problem? I cannot see a
pattern as it is happening to most applications, and the issue seems to
be intermittent.  

Any ideas you might have would be appreciated. Sorry I can't be any more
specific -- it's a little hard to describe. :)

-- Thomas Adam

--
"Programming in Ruby is like being hugged." -- Greg McIntyre, Ruby
programmer.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 01:23:54 +0000

> pattern as it is happening to most applications, and the issue seems to

I can't reproduce this problem. Can you reproduce it using a minimal
config file with some Key commands only, and your usual windows?

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Thomas Adam <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 03:55:18 +0100

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 01:23:54 +0000

> config file with some Key commands only, and your usual windows?

Thanks, Mikhael -

Well, I've spent some time using a minimal config, and so far it hasn't
happened. One thing I stupidly forgot to mention was that I suspect that
it might have something to do with the fact that I am using a series of
functions from the fvwmwiki to remember the last window focused on a
page [1]. Temporarily disabling this seems to have made the issue go
away....

Any further ideas?

-- Thomas Adam

[1] http://www.fvwmwiki.org/cgi/moin.cgi/Tips_2fRememberFocus

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:44:56 +0200

> page [1]. Temporarily disabling this seems to have made the issue go

In general, it is possible to confuse fvwm with carefully
generated Enter/LeaveNotify events and complex functions.  There
are some rare circumstances where a function bound to a key or
button event can lead to unexpected results.

It would still be helpful to have a minimal config for this, even
if it contains the focus remembering functions.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]