Subject: FVWM: WYSIWYG tool for fvwm/.fvwmrc?

From: Thorsten Kampe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:37:11 +0200

Hello,

I'm looking for a tool (graphical or not) that makes the creation of
my first .fvwm2rc for me easier (instead of hacking my .fvwm2rc). The
tool should let me create my basic environment (icons, menus, etc.)
and then write the configuration file.

I'm not prejudiced against textual based configuration files but
configuring the whole fvwm look (icons, menus, etc.) seems too hard
for me (looking at the man page and various fvwmrc-sample files)...

Thanks in advance,
Thorsten

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Miguel Carmona Bermúdez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:09:41 +0000

Hello!
I am building that tool. it is in a planning state.
it will be finnished in 5 months later aprox.
best regards,

-- 
 miguel

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 08:28:06 -0400

> for me (looking at the man page and various fvwmrc-sample files)...

Delete your  .fvwm2rc,  start fvwm,  press  any  mouse  button on  the
background or hit F1.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:00:13 +0200

> for me (looking at the man page and various fvwmrc-sample files)...

You want to use fvwm-themes (see link on fvwm home page).

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

---

From: Uli Wachowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:52:32 +0200

2004-07-19 13:37, Thorsten Kampe wrote:

> my first .fvwm2rc for me easier (instead of hacking my .fvwm2rc).

Bah, looser ;-)

> The

Why don't you have a look at the various screenshots. For most of them
you can d/l the config. Start with that and keep on modifying 'till it
fits your needs.

That way you'll learn _very_ quick what most of the
options/commands do. Just keep the sample rc-files as reference so you
can compare if things don't come out as you expect.

> I'm not prejudiced against textual based configuration files

good

> for me (looking at the man page and various fvwmrc-sample files)...

read above. Either learn it the hard way or you'll regret it sooner or
later. FVWM is NOT complicate, it's just complex. You can't learn
everything within some days. But step by step you'll get more and more
familiar with it. And _this_ is fun...

uli
-- 
File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)