Subject: FVWM: background picture

From: Dalibor Straka <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:34:17 +0200

Hello,

I'm running Debian unstable with fvwm 2.5.10-9.1. Without editing
anything it shows a debian background image from 
/usr/share/images/desktop-base/bluedeb-1024x768.jpg
or default -> /root/daemon-vs-tux-1600.jpg (in the same directory)

Problem is how fvwm displays it. I realy want to find the evil piece of
code. Because if i show another "wall paper" issuing command:
display -window root my_picture.jpg
and i start another aterm with transparency option it shows the first
background picture beneath the my_picture.jpg ;-). It looks funny.

I've found afterstep and enlightement programs, that displays background
properly, but i would loved to see fvwm piece of code/script/option.

Thank you,
-- Dalibor Straka
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dalibor Straka <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:41:34 +0200

Here is a link with picture of my desktop showing the problem:
http://edge1.vc.cvut.cz/~dast/badbg.jpg

-- Dalibor Straka

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:05:09 +0200

Hello.

> properly, but i would loved to see fvwm piece of code/script/option.

	dont know if it helps, but you might use 

		$ fvwm-root -r background.png

	at your prompt. -r option takes care for
	transparent terminals to be updated.

	matthias