Subject: FVWM: Desktop name variable

From: [email-masked] (Alexander V. Butenko)
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:46:57 +0300

hi all, 

in the manual i found a variable $[desk.name X], where X is the desktop
number. It returns the name of X desktop. Is it possible to make a feature
that checks if $[desk.name] used without the desktop number specification it
will return the name of current desktop. Now i realize this thing with a
little shell script, but this solution will be more better for me. 

Thank you.

-- 
// Alexander		ICQ #96225688
GPG keyID: 8A00E9C4 at pgpkeys.mit.edu
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:26:34 +0000

> little shell script, but this solution will be more better for me. 

This is possible, but requires some work:

  PipeRead `echo 'Echo $$[desk.name$[desk.n]]'`

You may need '$$$$' if such PipeRead is part of another command like
Key or Mouse.

In the future, I hope fvwm will support nested variables, i.e. simply:

  $[desk.name$[desk.n]]

Regards,
Mikhael.