Subject: FVWM: CurrentPageAnyScreen option?

From: Shao Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 12:18:24 +1000

Hi,

I am using the latest 2.5.10. We seem to have the option
CurrentPageAnyDesk but no CurrentPageAnyScreen.

I am using fvwm with xinerama support. I like to use the TAB key to
cycle through all the windows currently visible on the current page.
But using the CurrentPage option, I can only cycle through windows that
are on 1 xinerama screen only.

Here are my bindings:

Key Tab   A    M    Next [CurrentPage !iconic] SelectWindow
Key Tab   A    MS   Prev [CurrentPage !iconic] focus-and-raise
Key Tab   A    CM   Next [CurrentPage] deiconify-and-focus
Key Tab   A    CMS  Prev [CurrentPage] deiconify-and-focus

Also tried CurrentDesk, CurrentScreen and a few other options...

Regards,
Shao.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 12:10:35 +0200

> Key Tab   A    CMS  Prev [CurrentPage] deiconify-and-focus

Note: This syntax is obsolete.  To be safe, you should separate
conditions with commas and use parentheses:

  Key Tab   A    M    Next (CurrentPage, !iconic) SelectWindow
  Key Tab   A    MS   Prev (CurrentPage, !iconic) focus-and-raise
  Key Tab   A    CM   Next (CurrentPage) deiconify-and-focus
  Key Tab   A    CMS  Prev (CurrentPage) deiconify-and-focus

> Also tried CurrentDesk, CurrentScreen and a few other options...

This can be simulated with

  Next (CurrentGlobbalPageAnyDesk, CurrentDesk) ...
                  ^^

(Note the typo in the option name.  I will fix this is CVS and
in 2.4.19 and 2.5.11).

Yes, I know it's not intuitive.  I may add an option AnyScreen.
The you can write

  Next(CurrentPageAnyDesk, AnyScreen) ...

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]