Subject: FVWM: donating

From: calmar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 18:30:57 +0200

hi is there still no way to donate something to fvwm development
team?

Not that I would, or much, I just would like to know. A little
bit I would like.

maybe paypal or so..

Greetings
marco candrian
-- 
  calmar
           (o_         GNU/Linux is GREAT
           //\
           V_/_        http://www.calmar.ws
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 02:46:40 +0200

> hi is there still no way to donate something to fvwm development

I guess until recently, we would not have known what to do with a
donation.  Recently I started to work as a freelance programmer
and could spend extra time on fvwm (for example to get 2.6
released) if I had not to worry about the next commission.
 
> maybe paypal or so.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

---

From: calmar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 19:06:41 +0200

On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 02:46:40AM +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:

Hi Dominik,

> > hi is there still no way to donate something to fvwm
> > development team?
> 

I don't really understand what you mean. I guess that means now
you would know what to do with it. Then I would need an address
at paypal or something like this. I guess I would donate $100,
what is not that much, when I would be rich I could do more :)

Anyway, when I would (when there is a way (please tell me when
there is)) donate, I would do it for the work what have been
done, rather then 'paying' for future work. With that little
money (unless there would be lot of donations), someone couldn't
pay anything I guess.  No, it would just be a 'thank-you' for
what there is already. At least that's the way I see it. I don't
think it's good, when the developers begin to think: arg they
donated something, I must do this or that now, it's a thank you
for the work in the past (in my case at least).

Greetings
marco aka calmar

-- 
  calmar
           (o_         GNU/Linux is GREAT
           //\         http://www.narrenschiff.ch

---

From: Michelle Konzack <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:56:58 +0200

Hello Marco, 

>what is not that much, when I would be rich I could do more :)

He well tell you, that he hast its own One-man-Enterprise and 
must look for clients to live, in general Freelancers working 
more then 40 hours a week...

Like me (around 80 hours)... 7/24

This mean, if he or we have sponsors which donate, wee can 
reduce our main Job and do development for the OSS-Community

Sometimes I have sponsors here in Strasbourg and I have 2-4.000 
Euro which mean, I cam live 3-5 month of it...

No need to look for paying clients !

So if you want to donate US$ 100 to Dominik, maybe he can work a 
littlebit more on fvwm...

>marco aka calmar

Greetings
Michelle

-- 
Linux-User #280138 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org/ 
Michelle Konzack   Apt. 917                  ICQ #328449886
                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/3/88452356    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:24:43 +0200

> littlebit more on fvwm...

Exactly.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:35:23 +0200

> done, rather then 'paying' for future work.

I neither need nor want any monetary "thank you" for my past work.
I could not take anything for that because I'm not the only one
who worked on fvwm; and the tax office would probably cause
trouble too.  However, I *can* accept donations for future
work, even if you don't specify which work, and I want to make
clear that such donations will be used to improve fvwm.

> With that little
> pay anything I guess.

Yes, usless there is one big sponsor.

> No, it would just be a 'thank-you' for what there is already. At
> least that's the way I see it.

Just see it as an advance 'thank you' for futurte work :-)

> I don't

No, that's not good, but I decided to earn my living this way.

Anyway, if you want to make a donation, you can contact me via
private email (see my signature), preferrably using PGP
encryption (you can find my public key at
dominikvogt.gmxhome.de/gpg/pubkey.asc).

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^