Subject: FVWM: Memory usage

From: "Eduardo Gargiulo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 15:22:01 -0000

May be this message is rather off-topic.

I'm using fvwm as window maneger; I'm trying to optimize the usage of memory,
because it's an old machine with only 160Mb of RAM memory. My question is
regarding the process that set up a background for my fvwm desktop. I'm using
fvwm-root to load a png image as wallpaper, but I can't see that process with
'ps' or 'top' command so I'm looking for information about memory comsumption
of fvwm-root; I really want to know if the memory used for fvwm-root is
proportional to the image size and if that memory is used during all my fvwm
session or it is freed up after loading.

thanks in advance and sorry for my english ...

--ejg

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tavis Ormandy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 17:49:40 +0100

> thanks in advance and sorry for my english ...

You might be interested in this informative post by Olivier:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email-masked]/msg02143.html

You could always set a solid background with FvwmBacker or 
xsetroot -solid <colour> :)

-- 
-------------------------------------
[email-masked] | finger me for my gpg key.
-------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].