Subject: FVWM: Bugy FvwmGtk?

From: Andrei Mitrofanow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 17:56:11 +0200

Hello Folks,

i have a Problem with 1 File, while install procedure with debian.
If i do "make deb-dist" the procedure installs a file wrong.
The file FvwmGtk.1 will installed to:
/home/smilebef/cvs_no_release/fvwm/instdir-???/home/smilebef/cvs_no_release/fvwm/instdir-???/usr/share/man/man1/FvwmGtk.1
normal is:
/home/smilebef/cvs_no_release/fvwm/instdir-???/usr/share/man/man1/FvwmGtk.1

With this command: "make DESTDIR=~/cvs_no_release/fvwm/instdir-???"
goes this wrong.

the Makefile.am in modules/FvwmGtk contains this:
man_onedir=$(DESTDIR)$(mandir)/man1
other modules have this not.
Is this the reason of this failor.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 02:46:19 +0200

> Is this the reason of this failor.

The problem is the $(DESTDIR); the rest of this line is necessary
as described in the comment above it:

  # DV: For some reason, using man_MANS does not work here: automake does not
  # generate an install rule for man pages unless one of them is an existing file
  # name.  Use a hand made rule to install the man page instead.

I've committed a fix(?) to CVS.  Can you please try it out?

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]