Subject: FVWM: Clipboard

From: Walter Goedecke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 09:28:00 -0600

To FVWM experts:

I am a new-comer to Cygwin, and have just installed FVWM. I installed 
version 2.4.0 since I couldn't install newer versions; they required 
GTK, and this wouldn't install without GLIB, but couldn't see it for 
some reason. I want to get xwinclip to work or some method to copy text 
from windows to X-windows and vice-versa, but have not been successful 
in configuring the setup. What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks
Walter Goedecke

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:16:59 -0400

> in configuring the setup. What could I be doing wrong?

Window managers don't manage the clipboard.

You're problem is between Cygwin X and windows.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Walter Goedecke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

To Dan, 

I did find the problem; there was a resource file missing: .xserverrc
After creating this with 'exec X :0 -clipboard,' it worked. 

Walter