Subject: FVWM: Making the mouse wheel behave as expected in menus

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 01:13:10 +0200

Hi there,

I've searched the archives of this list, and hit upon one -
tentatively - negative answer, so I thought I could give it another
try, or confirm the original answer.

I have a wheel mouse which works fine and its wheel actions are
recognised as button 4 and 5 (I always forget which is which
direction, but never mind). Now I would think it a natural thing for
fvwm to simply move along menu items if the mouse cursor is over a
menu and the wheel is moved.

So I have tried the following:

Mouse 5	M	N	CursorMove 0 +2
Mouse 4	M	N	CursorMove 0 -2

This does not have the desired effect, though. Instead, the menu just
vanishes when I move the wheel in either direction. Is there some
basic limitation to "Menu" context?

And if it is in fact impossible to do what I want: is it possible to
have fvwm ignore the wheel actions, such that at least the menu stays
there?

Any hint greatly appreciated.

- Florian

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:19:44 -0400

> have fvwm ignore the wheel actions, such that at least the menu stays

Right now the menu context is VERY limited.

A patch might be accepted.

The command above wouldn't be right, it would be more like:

 Mouse 5	M	N	MenuNextItem

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]