Subject: FVWM: exec programs

From: "Eduardo Gargiulo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:47:48 -0000

Hi all

I'm confused about where/how to start programs on startup fvwm, and stop those
programs after user logouts.

For example, I'm setting the wallpapper with FvwmBacker from ~/.fvwm/pre.hook
and I want to start root-tail on that background, but I don't know where/how
to exec the program. I want that program stop execution after the user logout,
is this possible? How? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english

--ejg

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Roeland Moors <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:24:04 +0200

> is this possible? How? Any help would be appreciated.

Put something like this in your .fvwm2rc:

AddToFunc StartFunction
+ I exec Esetroot -scale ~/.fvwm/backgrounds/linux-kill-bill.jpg
+ I exec root-tail -g 1200x100+0-0 -font -misc-fixed-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*  -color blue /var/log/messages

AddToFunc ExitFunction
+ I exec killall root-tail

-- 
Roeland