Subject: FVWM: xv background in os x

From: "John Albers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:43:03 -0500

I am in the process of writing my first .fvwmrc file and most things are 
going reasonably well except for trying to get a .jpg or .gif (or any file 
for that matter) to be my background wallpaper.  I have tried many many 
different ways but to no avail.  Most of what I have tried have been 
variations of what I info. I found on the web on the subject.  I have tried 
many things similar to:

AddToFunc StartFunction
+ I xv -root -quit /Users/albersjohn/themes/images/1.jpg

I am running os x 10.3 with fvwm 2.4.18.  Any help would be greatly 
appreciated.

Thanks,
John

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Roeland Moors <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:37:36 +0200

> I am running os x 10.3 with fvwm 2.4.18.  Any help would be greatly 
This is how I do it:
+ I exec Esetroot -scale ~/.fvwm/backgrounds/linux-kill-bill.jpg
    ^^^^

-- 
Roeland

---

From: Nuno Alexandre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:14:12 +0200

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:37:36 +0200 

> + I exec Esetroot -scale ~/.fvwm/backgrounds/linux-kill-bill.jpg

Hi.
this is how i do it:

AddToFunc StartFunction
+ I Test (Init) Exec exec fbsetbg -l

fbsetbg automatically sets the last used wallpaper after you startx :)

you can get it here:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/software/fluxbox/fbsetbg.html

This is Better because the path to the image isn't static, so you dont
need to edit the config everytime you change wallpaper.

regards,

		nuno