Subject: FVWM: Somthing broken in fvwm-snap-20040608!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 20:14:30 +0800

Hi there,

Eager to try out ScoTT's window specific key binding,
I have installed fvwm-snap-20040608 and found 2 bugs(maybe 1):

  - Key binding in the Root context won't work, for example
    Key F1      R    M    Exec exec rxvt
    it won't start rxvt but pop up the default menu instead.
  - StrokeFunc in the Root crashes X, for example:
    Mouse 1     R    N    StrokeFunc DrawMotion FeedBack StrokeWidth 2
    now when you click the Root, you'll exit X and there is no error msg.

Anyway, good to see more features come into fvwm: )
Thank you ScoTT

Regards,
Liu Shidai

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 14:46:39 +0200

>     it won't start rxvt but pop up the default menu instead.

Root key bindings usually do not work as you would expect as they
are used only if no window is focused.  Try the PointerKey command
instead.

>     now when you click the Root, you'll exit X and there is no error msg.

If you report crashes, please always include a stack trace.
Compile fvwm with debug output (i.e. -g option to gcc), then
locate the core file and run

  $ gdb fvwm core
  (gdb) where

and post the output to the fvwm-workers list (which should be used
for bug reports anyway).

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]