Subject: FVWM: themes config error

From: "John Albers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 00:39:23 -0500

Jason,

I just got fvwm  2.4.15-11 from fink running on my box (os x 10.3).  I 
wanted to get a feel for some different themes so I downloaded the themes 
tarball from your website but ran into trouble when I tried to run 
./configure in my terminal window.  I got the following error:

configure: error:
        fvwm-config is not found; try --with-fvwm-bindir
        You need at least fvwm-2.4.8

I tried a couple of things to remedy this, but nothing worked.  I am 
confused because I have a later version off fvwm installed than the error 
states that I need.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Nicholas Paul Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 04:56:25 -0400 (EDT)

> states that I need.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but:  did you try 

	./configure --with-fvwm-bindir /what/ever/bin

Alternatively, you could try adding the directory with fvwm-config to you
path.  It seems to me that fvwm is probably installed in a non-standard
(or rather, non-unix-standard) location as you are using OS X.

What /have/ you tried?

-- 
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
  Nicholas Paul Johnson
  o nickjohnson \at\ virginia \dot\ edu
  o 3ebf10a7 subkeys.pgp.net
  o http://manjac.ath.cx/nick
  o "When all you've got is a hammer,
    everything looks like a nail.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=