Subject: FVWM: gimp2 + StartsOnDesk + SkipMapping

From: Chris Rouch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 14:24:29 +0200

I want the gimp to start on desk 3, so I have the following
configuration:

Style	"gimp-2.0"	    StartsOnDesk 3 SkipMapping

The splash screen goes to desk 3 without altering my current desk.
However as soon as the main application appears my desk is switched, so
it looks like the SkipMapping is being ignored. 

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Regards,

Chris
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 08:41:14 -0400

> Does anyone know how to fix this?

I don't have gimp-2.0, so I first tried the pattern "gimp*" but
that didn't match the main gimp window.  Here is what worked for me:

Style "Gimp*" StartsOnDesk 3, SkipMapping, RandomPlacement

Pay attention to the commas.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Chris Rouch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 15:16:42 +0200

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 08:41:14 -0400
Dan Espen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > However as soon as the main application appears my desk is switched,
> > so it looks like the SkipMapping is being ignored. 
> > 

Gimp 1 works as I expected, it's gimp 2 that is switching the desk.
Using the line above I still get the same behaviour. I know it's
matching because I can get it to start on a different desktop. 

Just to be sure I was doing nothing stupid elsewhere in the config I
created $HOME/.fvwm/testcfg as:

EWMHNumberOfDesktops 6

And ran fvwm -r -D -f testcfg. The result was the same.

Regards,

Chris