Subject: FVWM: root-tail behavior

From: "Eduardo Gargiulo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 20:36:23 -0000

This maybe rather off-topic.

After read "my first .fvm2rc" message on this list, I'm trying to set up
root-tail on my fvwm desktop. The problem is that I can't see tail from 3
different files; root-tail shows tail of only one file.

The questions is, if I put root-tail in global init-restart.hook file, which
is the user thar runs the program? If is current user, so this may be a
privileges problem, because I have read access only to one of the three files;
if root-tail is executed by root user, I dont't know which could be the
problem. BTW, where can I found logs for fvwm errors?

thanks in advance and sorry for my english

--ejg

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 20:05:42 +0000

> problem. BTW, where can I found logs for fvwm errors?

It is easy to determine the user that runs fvwm (and thus all its config
files), just run xterm from the root menu and type "echo $USER".

Regards,
Mikhael.