Subject: FVWM: Focus issues and warping the mouse to new windows

From: Micha Feigin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:06:59 +0300

I seem to have some focus issues using SloppyFocus. Sometimes new
windows will not get the focus (it seems like they get it and lose it
again), this is most notable with vim, especially on new files.

I also have a problem with windows in fvwmtabs not getting the focus
when a window above them closes and when switching to fvwmtabs using
M-Tab. Even commands like maximize and hide title don't pass through
properly, instead giving me the cross-hair to point to the window I want
the action to happen on.

I believe the first problem can be solved by warping the pointer to the
window when new windows appear. How do I do that? I already implemented
that by overriding the WindowListFunc but couldn't find how to do it
for new windows.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Scott Smedley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 13:12:28 +1000

Hi Micha,

> properly, instead giving me the cross-hair to point to the window I want

Are you using:

*FvwmTabs: bBuggyFocus true

& have you read the associated entry in the FvwmTabs(1) man page?

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/scottie7/FvwmTabs.man.html#item_fvwmtabs_3a_bbuggyfocus_bool

If this is not the issue, send a minimal .fvwm2rc config & instructions
on how to reproduce the problem. (I don't understand the bit about
"pass through".)

SCoTT. :)

---

From: Micha Feigin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 04:56:58 +0300

> *FvwmTabs: bBuggyFocus true

Thanks, I ran into that a bit later and it solves the problem in most
cases. Some windows refuse to get focus this way when moving from a
tabber to the window (immediately losing the focus again) but its mostly
fvwm-console so its not too annoying.

multi-gnome-terminal accepts input now (it didn't take any input at all
before) although it still crashes a lot when inside a tabber (its ok on
its own), everything else seems to be working fine now (except for
resizing which for some reason is limited to something a bit smaller
then the whole screen, and I can't seem to open a new tabber on fvwm
startup).

>  +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  This Mail Was Scanned By Mail-seCure System
>  at the Tel-Aviv University CC.
>