Subject: FVWM: animated FvwmButtons

From: "B. Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 17:45:14 +0200

Hi,

I have eight buttons in this image
http://bb.zhang.free.fr/images/buttons.jpg
using FvwmButtons.

Can we have the animated FvwmButtons?
For example, the texte on the buttons change the color when mouse pass (like a link in a web page)?

Or can we have this using other module ?

Sincerely,

Bin
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 18:37:36 +0000

On 26 Jun 2004 17:45:14 +0200, B. Zhang wrote:
> Can we have the animated FvwmButtons? For example, the texte on the
> buttons change the color when mouse pass (like a link in a web page)?

No, FvwmButtons does not support this functionality (animation or any
other effect when the pointer enters/leaves a button). Anyone is welcome
to implement this functionality.

But in this specific case, why don't you use menus? You may get what you
want, with an exception that the active menu item has a solid background.

> Or can we have this using other module ?

Theoretically you may write your own module using a real toolkit. For
example, in Perl with FVWM::Module::Gtk (or Tk) classes. Then you may
program any widget animation that the toolkit and your imagination allow.
But practically you should know programming that may be not your option.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: "B. Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 21:44:57 +0200

> to implement this functionality.
In fact, I ask this question for my curiosity.  I am very very
satisfied with FVWM and I am very glad to use it. 

> want, with an exception that the active menu item has a solid background.
I want to put these buttons above my small FVwmPager, I don't
understand how I can do that.

> But practically you should know programming that may be not your option.
I don't know programming. 
Again, it's just for fun.
Thanks,

Bin

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 20:19:27 +0000

On 26 Jun 2004 21:44:57 +0200, B. Zhang wrote:
> > No, FvwmButtons does not support this

> understand how I can do that.

If you need a persistent panel, then menus don't quite help right now.
You may tear off menus, but not automatically.

You still have an option to run some funcy animated panel application
from GNOME, KDE or similar, if you find one.

Regards,
Mikhael.