Subject: FVWM: change mouse cursor

From: "Eduardo Gargiulo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:53:18 -0000

Hi all

I want to configure fvwm 2.5 to use another mouse cursor; IMHO the default "X"
cursor contrast with a pretty cool desktop decoration. Is there any way to
change it? How?  Could I use a pixmap as mouse cursor?

any help would be appreciated

regards

-ejg

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Emilie Ann Phillips <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:12:34 -0400 (EDT)

xsetroot -cursor <bitmap> <bitmap mask> -fg <color1> -bg <color2>
will give you a two colored cursor

Emilie

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:54:24 +0000

On 16 Jun 2004 18:53:18 -0000, Eduardo Gargiulo wrote:
> 
> I want to configure fvwm 2.5 to use another mouse cursor; IMHO the
> default "X" cursor contrast with a pretty cool desktop decoration. Is
> there any way to change it? How?

You may do this either using external utility xsetroot or CursorStyle
command, see the man page.

Run "FvwmForm FvwmForm-RootCursor" to experiment with different X cursors
and colors.

> Could I use a pixmap as mouse cursor?

You may use special 3 color pixmap as explained in the man page
(search for CursorStyle).

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: w0rm <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 11:18:37 +0000

> any help would be appreciated

http://gooeylinux.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17