Subject: FVWM: CurrentAtEnd-ish behavior without WindowList

From: Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 23:25:53 -0400

Is it possible to get behavior similar to CurrentAtEnd without using
WindowList?

I prefer to use M-tab to switch between the most recently used windows
(usually on the order of 3-4) while still being able to switch to any;
however, I would like to avoid using WindowList because I tend to have a
lot of windows open in a single viewport, causing the menu rendering to
be very slow (even with the default settings and a bitmap font)--in
fact, sometimes my key release event is lost!

Basically, FlipFocus isn't really what I want (because it will always
flip between two windows), although it's close--if I could cause the
flipping to happen only after I released the meta key, I think FlipFocus
would be exactly what I want.  Focus isn't desirable because it always
goes forward through the window list from the current position.

Any ideas/neat hacks?  Ideas to speed up WindowList would interest me as
well, although I suspect the problem is part UTF-8 locale and part
gigantic window list (I've ended up with over 91 windows in a single
viewport.)

fvwm 2.5.11 (from cvs) compiled on May  2 2004 at 22:15:15
with support for: ReadLine, Stroke, XPM, PNG, Shape, XShm, SM, Bidi
text, Xinerama, XRender, XFT, NLS

TIA,
-- 
Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>