Subject: FVWM: Gigantic processor usage?

From: "Berry Bakker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 21:40:56 +0200

Hello,

when I have my own made theme running with premade icons downloaded from
www.kde-look.org it doesn't take much processor usage, ~3% according to
gkrellm. But then I added the future off the thumbnail icons, and it seems
that since than the processor is constandly using ~90%, even when there are
no icons. What can the problem be?

regards,
Berry

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "George \"Nephrite\" Potapov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 11:31:15 +0400

> no icons. What can the problem be?

Looks like some commands stay running after making a mini icon, but are
detached from X-server forcibly i.e. by closing connection on fvwm side.
This happens to, for example, xmms and some other apps if you kill them with
xkill. Thus they may be doing polls and such that loads your CPU. Launch a
'ps wax' command and grep for leftover commands like 'convert' or whatever
you launch to make miniicons. If they really stay you should debug fvwm
function making miniicons to not to leave them running.

-- 
George 'Nephrite' Potapov