Subject: FVWM: Window decoration question

From: Greg Bognar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 05:23:44 +0200 (CEST)

For fvwm2-2.2.5-4, the following simple setup in my .fvwm2rc

AddToDecor default
+ ButtonStyle All ActiveUp (-- flat) Inactive (-- flat)
+ ButtonStyle 1 MiniIcon -- flat
+ ButtonStyle 2 Pixmap close.xpm -- flat
+ ButtonStyle 4 Pixmap iconize.xpm -- flat
+ Buttonstyle 6 Pixmap up.xpm -- flat
+ TitleStyle LeftJustified height 20 -- flat
+ BorderStyle -- HiddenHandles NoInset

gave a look where the titlebar and the buttons were all flattened and there 
was no any sort of relief or border between the titlebar, buttons, the 
frame and the sidebars.  However, there was a pronounced relief between the 
sidebars/titlebar/frames and the application within the window.

Some time ago, I switched to fvwm-2.4.15, and the same setup gives me a 
look where everything is flattened, there's no relief on the outer and 
inner sides of the sidebars/frames, etc.  It looks really ugly.  I removed 
"NoInset" so there is a relief between the sidebars/frames and the 
application within the window, but now the titlebar and the buttons all 
look "sunk".  Basically, I would like to keep them flat, but not have any 
sort of relief between them and the upper sidebar/frames.  I have the 
feeling that this must be really simple to do.  But how?

Also, somebody mentioned "NoCurrentDeskTitle" removes the Desk name from 
WindowList.  Is that new?  It does not work with 2.4.15.

Cheers,
Greg

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Scott Smedley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 00:16:13 +1000

Hi Greg,

> sidebars/titlebar/frames and the application within the window.

Hmmm. I pretty much do this & get the effect you desire (I think).

Is this what you're after?

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/scottie7/tmp/winDecoration.png

SCoTT. :)