Subject: FVWM: [fvmw2 4 15] key binding for a peculiar application...

From: fred <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 15:14:57 +0200

Hi all,

I want to bind a special key (C-Left) to _one_ application.

C-Left,C-Right and so on, are used by fvwm2 to move through windows in 
my desktop.

But, for a peculiar case, I want to rebind C-Left (Go To Previous View) 
only to one application, acroread for instance, because I can't bind 
special key for it, even in looking in 
Acrobat5/Reader/intellinux/app-defaults...

I'm thinking about hack a "MyMove" function, that should effectively 
move window if mouse/pointer is not on an application such acroread.
How can I do this ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

-- 
Fred.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Scott Smedley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 00:37:18 +1000

Hi Fred,

> I want to bind a special key (C-Left) to _one_ application.

This will be possible once my window-specific bindings patch
is committed. (When oh when will that be?)

Until then, all key/mouse bindings are global. (ie. apply to _all_
windows.)

SCoTT. :)

---

From: Spaceborne Calin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 16:45:25 +0200 (CEST)

--- fred <[email-masked]> a écrit : > Hi all,
> move window if mouse/pointer is not on an application such acroread.

Acrobat Reader is a Motif application. Theoretically it is possible to
modify the bindings. See man page for VirtualBindings if you have Motif
installed or
http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/base_doc/DOCUMENTATION/V51B_HTML/MAN/MAN3/0187___X.HTM

Also when Motif is installed on one system it creates a file which
maps the actual key names to the osf ones. (I don't recall the name
of this file). 

Maybe some info later when i get home.

Calin

Yahoo! Mail : votre e-mail personnel quel que soit votre fournisseur d’accès - avec anti-virus gratuit !
Créez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.benefits.yahoo.com/

Dialoguez en direct avec vos amis grâce à Yahoo! Messenger !Téléchargez Yahoo! Messenger sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com

---

From: fred <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 19:48:51 +0200

> http://h30097.www3.hp.com/docs/base_doc/DOCUMENTATION/V51B_HTML/MAN/MAN3/0187___X.HTM
Hmm, I have lesstif.

> maps the actual key names to the osf ones. (I don't recall the name
With lesstif too ?

> Maybe some info later when i get home.
Ok, thanks, because... I'm lost ! :-)