Subject: FVWM: Focus Stealing window

From: Tavis Ormandy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 15:20:46 +0100

Hi there, I'm using an application that has a very annoying habit of making
Transient windows that GrabFocus regardless of my settings. No combination
of Style settings seems to disable it, even NeverFocus, I've tried:

Style Waiting !FPGrabFocusTransient, !FPGrabFocus, !FPFocusByProgram,
!FPLenient, NeverFocus

with no luck, after a bit of investigation it seems the app calls
XSetInputFocus() itself when it wants attention..arghh! Is there anyway I
can prevent these windows from stealing focus?

According to the man page XSetInputFocus() will only work on visible
windows, so I've temporarily solved it by using StartsOnDesk -99,
SkipMapping. Is this the best/only way?

-- 
-------------------------------------
[email-masked] | finger me for my gpg key.
-------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tavis Ormandy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 15:46:49 +0100

> SkipMapping. Is this the best/only way?

Actually, i decided to LD_PRELOAD away it's XSetInputFocus and XMoveWindow
privileges for now, but i'd still be interested if there is an fvwm-based
solution :)

Thanks.