Subject: FVWM: Changing fonts

From: [email-masked] (Marc Schlienger)
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 12:20:50 +0200

Hi,

I'm using fvwm-themes 0.7 with fvwm 2.5.9 and want to change the font.
I've tried using the font selector but it didn't work. What do I have to do?

Thanks Marc 
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 11:11:45 +0000

> I'm using fvwm-themes 0.7 with fvwm 2.5.9 and want to change the font.

Font of what, menus, window titles, icon titles, pager, TaskBar?

> I've tried using the font selector but it didn't work. What do I have to do?

There is no GUI to change fonts, it is all in text files (fvwm configs).

There are 2 solutions in fvwm-themes, the first is to change the font
in the component defining font, like menustyle, windowlook, modules/fonts.
The second is to change the "fonts" filter that affects all fonts.

In both cases you should either modify the system-wide themes configs
(not recomended) or create one file like described in FAQ, for example,
~/.fvwm/themes/personal/menustyle-extra or ~/.fvwm/themes/marc/fonts.

Regards,
Mikhael.