Subject: FVWM: StartOnDesk problem

From: Xavier Maillard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 00:25:45 +0200

Hi,

I have configured FVWM to switch  to the third desktop whenever I launch
Xpdf.

I have  a problem with this  setting since I, sometimes,  read PDF files
into my web browser (ie. Firefox).

In  fact, with  the help  of  mozplugger, I  can see  pdf directly  from
Mozilla.

Now I think  you can see the  problem: mozilla is always put  on the 2nd
desk and so,  FVWM makes me switch to  the 3rd when I try to  open a PDF
file.

How can I prevent  this to occur when I am in mozilla  ? I have tried to
see if  something could be  used to stop  that, but FvwmIdent  and other
don't see this is not a «full» xpdf running but a swallowed one.

Any idea ?

Regards,
-- 
   ,--.    Xavier Maillard, Reims, France                   ,= ,-_-. =.
  / ,- )   http://www.emacsfr.org/                         ((_/)o o(\_))
  \ `-'                                                     `-'(. .)`-'
   `-.     Debian, a variant of the GNU operating system.       \_/

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 22:40:11 +0000

> don't see this is not a «full» xpdf running but a swallowed one.

I never saw the mozplugger+xpdf, so I may only guess. Do you mean the
xpdf is started on desk 3 and then mozilla on desk 2 swallows it?

If so, this line may help, I think:

  Style Xpdf SkipMapping

If you still want to go to desk 3 when you start xpdf from a menu, then
create a function to start it, similar the one from FAQ #3.18.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Xavier Maillard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 15:09:08 +0200

On 23 May 2004, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:

> > I have  configured FVWM  to switch to  the third desktop  whenever I
> > launch Xpdf.
> > 
> > I  have a problem  with this  setting since  I, sometimes,  read PDF
> > files into my web browser (ie. Firefox).
> > 
> > Now I  think you can see the  problem: mozilla is always  put on the
> > 2nd desk and so, FVWM makes me  switch to the 3rd when I try to open
> > a PDF file.
> > 
> > How can I prevent this to occur  when I am in mozilla ? I have tried
> > to see  if something could be  used to stop that,  but FvwmIdent and
> > other don't  see this is not  a «full» xpdf running  but a swallowed
> > one.
> 

THis is more or less what happens, yes.

> If so, this line may help, I think:

I will try.

> If you  still want to go  to desk 3 when  you start xpdf  from a menu,
> then create a function to start it, similar the one from FAQ #3.18.

Thank you.

-- 
No e-patents, pas de brevets logiciels
Pétition contre les brevets logiciels : http://petition.eurolinux.org