Subject: Re: FVWM: how to run fvwm AND icewm

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 17:19:50 +0000

On 01 May 2004 03:52:05 +0200, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> lets say that i won't to run two wm together,but that i want to run only
> the fvwm taskbar with the icewm wm. is it possible ?

I don't think icewm supports the fvwm-module-protocol with all recent
enhancements, so this is impossible.

I think your approach of getting certain applications and composing them
together to get a WinXP like desktop can't be successful unless you
become expert in these applications and know to at least configure them.
Probably some skills in unix, X, packaging and art are required too.

You wrote you want to use icewm because you need good root menu entries.
This seems like a poor reason to choose a window manager.

Menus in fvwm are very configurable (content, look and feel). I suggest
to read documentation on fvwm.org (man pages, screenshots, configs).

P.S. Please ask the list, not me privately. Maybe someone else may help
to your project better than this. I can't.

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].