Subject: FVWM: _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN implementation of fvwm

From: Jochen Eisinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 22:00:19 +0200

Hi,

it appears to me as if the _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN was not acting
according to the EMWH standard:

from http://freedesktop.org/Standards/wm-spec/index.html

"_NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN indicates that the window should fill the
entire screen and have no window decorations. For example, a
presentation program would use this hint."

however, the command (after changing "if" to "else if" in line 280)

$ ./hints_test --ewmh-state fullscreen

creates a window without decorations but just 170x100 pixels in size.

This behaviour results in various "bugs" like OpenOffice Impress not
correctly displaying slide shows etc..

I'm using CVS to test this btw.

any comments?

kind regards
-- jochen

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].