Subject: FVWM: Icon Manager Problem - Disappearing Square

From: Michael White <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 21:25:25 -0500

Hi all,

I've figured out most of what's wrong with my .fvwm2rc and various other 
manager config files.  Most of it was assuming that my older .fvwm2rc 
wouldn't cause things to break, but it did.  2.5.9 fvwm chokes on some of the 
2.4.x options.

Anyway, I'm running version 2.5.9 compiled for AMD64 under Mandrake 9.2 for 
AMD64 and am having a problem with the fvwm Icon Manager.  Specifically, the 
little square to the left of the button label that indicates whether or not a 
window is iconfied or not.  This square is usually absent.  The only time 
this square is present is if I resetart fvwm while a window is iconified.  
The square is present on restart on the iconified window, and will stay there 
until I de-iconify the window.  Upon iconifying the window again, the square 
is no longer present.

I haven't upgraded to 2.5.10 yet.  Will this fix the problem or is there 
something else funny going on?  I didn't see any option in the FvwmIconMan 
man page to indicate the little square is even an option that can be 
disabled.

Thanks in advance.
-- 
Michael White         "To protect people from the effects of folly is to
                       fill the world with fools." -Herbert Spencer, 1891

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].