Subject: FVWM: [off topic] mp3 + ogg player

From: Joolz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 13:53:26 +0200

Hi everyone,

This is way off topic, but here it goes...

I'm very content about FVWM, but some programs don't comply to
conventions, I guess everyone here knows that xmms is one of them. I'm
looking for a replacement that will play mp3 and ogg, has a playlist,
but nothing fancy like visualisation plugins etc.

I'm currently browsing freshmeat, but there is a _lot_! :-)

Can anybody recommend one? What do you use?

Thanks!

-- 
13:46-13:53
Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) Linux 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Phil Stracchino <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 08:25:26 -0400

> Can anybody recommend one? What do you use?

Have you considered using Grip and DigitalDJ?

(http://sourceforge.net/projects/grip, http://sourceforge.net/projects/ddj)

There is the minor disadvantage that you'll have to rescan all your CDs
into the database if you didn't start out using them.

-- 
 .*********  Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk.  *********.
 : phil stracchino : unix ronin : renaissance man : mystic zen biker geek :
 :  [email-masked][email-masked][email-masked]  :
 :   2000 CBR929RR, 1991 VFR750F3 (foully murdered), 1986 VF500F (sold)   :
 :    Linux Now!   ...Because friends don't let friends use Microsoft.    :
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: stu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 14:32:46 +0200

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 13:53:26 +0200

> Can anybody recommend one? What do you use?

beep, gqmpeg

-- 
Stuart Logie
Programmer

UNIVERSAL COMPUTER SERVICES (PTY) LTD
A member of South Africa's largest retail software vendor, the UCS Group

Tel : (011) 712 1371   Cell : 082 902 5632
Fax : (011) 339 3421
Internet : http://ucs.co.za

"I am the Unconquerable Spirit."
               -- Poet Unknown
   
Powered by Debian GNU/Linux - testing/unstable

---

From: Gert Brinkmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 15:25:07 +0200

> Can anybody recommend one? What do you use?

I am currently using xmms, but I have heared of zinf
http://www.zinf.org/

Gert

---

From: Catherine <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 02:36:10 -0700

> Can anybody recommend one? What do you use?

I use zinf....It works fine.  Can be as fancy or plain as you like(has
themes if you so choose).  Makes/uses playlists and catalogs your music
for you too.

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 20:08:49 +0200 (CEST)

> Can anybody recommend one? What do you use?

How about (g)mplayer?
I think it behaves better than xmms, and should be usable to play music
also (although, personally I use xmms, think it's still nice enough to be
able to stand the troubles)

//Marcus

---

From: Remko Troncon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 16:33:59 +0200

> conventions, I guess everyone here knows that xmms is one of them. I'm

What exactly is wrong with XMMS ? I use it, but it is minimized without
an icons. I control it with shortcuts or with my gkrellm, and the
playlist of xmms is automatically filled by LPlayer
(http://lplayer.sf.net)

cheers,
Remko