Subject: FVWM: Intricacies of the Next() function / Conditionals

From: Nicholas Paul Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 00:33:57 -0400 (EDT)

Howdy,

I am trying to define a function, called Close_fcn, which is bound to the 
close button on my title bars.  I would like this function to, in addition 
to closing the window, automatically focus another window which may or may 
not be on the same desk.  What I have so far is:

#------------------
DestroyFunc Close_fcn
AddToFunc Close_fcn
+ "I" Close
+ "I" Next (!Sticky) Focus

Mouse 1 7 A             Close_fcn
#------------------

However, I would like to impose an ordering on these windows: I would like 
it to (1) focus a window on the same desk if available, and (2) focus any 
other window if [1] fails.

So, is this possible?  I use fvwm 2.4.16

Also,

Is it possibly for me to bind a function to the event that a window is 
closed (not necessarily explicitly)?  The example of this situation that 
comes to mind is xpdf, which has a big 'quit' button.  Can I bind a 
function to be called when this 'quit' button causes the window to close, 
just as if the close button on the titlebar were pushed?

Thanks,
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
  Nicholas Paul Johnson
  o nickjohnson \at\ virginia \dot\ edu
  o 3ebf10a7 subkeys.pgp.net
  o http://manjac.ath.cx/nick
  o "When all you've got is a hammer,
    everything looks like a nail.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].