Subject: FVWM: NoIconTitle -> Windows placed above

From: honschu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 22:35:26 +0200

Hi,

three days ago I began useing fvwm2. It's amazing, the best and most horrible 
windowmanager I've ever seen - I was falling in love these days. Fvwm really 
rocks, thanks!!!

To AutoReplace the windows to fit correct onto the screen, I use this two 
functions - which are working really great:

AddToFunc DeiconifyAndRearrange
 + C Iconify off
 + C All (CurrentPage Iconic) RecaptureWindow
# + C PlaceAgain Anim
 + C All (CurrentPage !Iconic !Sticky !NoTitle) PlaceAgain Anim

AddToFunc IconifyAndRearrange
 + C Iconify on
 + C All (CurrentPage !Iconic !Sticky !NoTitle) PlaceAgain Anim

Mouse 1 3	A  IconifyAndRearrange #Iconify toggle
Mouse 1 I  A  DeiconifyAndRearrange

When the Windows are replaced by PlaceAgain, it doesn't put them over the 
Sticky stuff like Pager and Icons for example. It would be nice to define 
that, for example it would be great if 'PlaceAgain' could be allowed to put 
windows above e.g. MiniBarButtons (MiniBarButtons are Style StayOnTop) - so 
it wouldn't heart at all. Is something likt this possible?

The other question, when I now use:

Style * NoIconTitle

All the Icons which are beautiful arranged at the left side were overpainted 
by other windows. 
This Fvwm 2.4.18 puts now the Windows over these Icons. :-(

Howto solve this? 

Is it possible to define a 'Stay Out OF This Geometry' ? that would help a 
lot.

Thanks for your answers
Honschu
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 14:15:11 +0200

> it wouldn't heart at all. Is something likt this possible?

Look in the man page for the ...PlavcementPenalties styles.  They
can be used to fine tune placement behaviour.

> This Fvwm 2.4.18 puts now the Windows over these Icons. :-(

Also with the ...PlacementPenalties styles.  
 
> Is it possible to define a 'Stay Out OF This Geometry' ? that would help a 

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: honschu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 12:33:18 +0200

Hi,

Howto give a non iconified window the focus ?
If I iconify a window and then, the next window gets the focus. But then, when 
I iconify the next window (with keybindings) - non of the other opened 
windows gets automatically the focus, howto change this?

regards

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:15:21 +0200

> windows gets automatically the focus, howto change this?

It's the previous icon that gets the focus.  With

  Style * CirculateSkipIcon

icons are no longer considered to accept focus when another window
is iconified.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: honschu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:07:25 +0200

Hi,

I extended the very nice Module fvwm-menu-headlines with some german Newspages 
like http://www.pro-linux.de . 
The problem is that some of the German headlines get coruppted because of the 
'Umlaute' like öäüß and so on.
When any of these 'Umlaute' where present, no more text is displayed.

It's a problem of the fvwm-menu in general. It can't display Umlaute.

Is there any soultion?

regards

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 23:12:06 +0000

> like http://www.pro-linux.de . 

Ok, send the properly indented patch.

> 'Umlaute' like öäüß and so on.

I just created a menu item with these 4 chars surrounded by other
chars and there is no problem with my latin1 font and locale.

> It's a problem of the fvwm-menu in general. It can't display Umlaute.

What is the font you define in MenuStyle * Font? What is your locale?

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: honschu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 01:51:34 +0200

> Ok, send the properly indented patch.

for the german newspages? I atached them.

> What is the font you define in MenuStyle * Font? What is your locale?

It was -dosemu-*-*-*-*-17-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* which can't display Umlaute.
So I changed it to -adobe-courier-bold-r-normal--14-140-75-75-m-90-iso8859-15
and all Umlaute where displayed :-) -> Thanks!

Does any body knows other great looking fonts?

Is it possible to include TrueTypeFonts ? I use the latest devel-version of 
fvwm2

regards

---

From: Phil Stracchino <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 19:55:48 -0400

> Does any body knows other great looking fonts?

How about Elseware's CG Omega?

> Is it possible to include TrueTypeFonts ? I use the latest devel-version of 

I use TrueType fonts in fvwm2.4.16 menus and window titlebars.  (CG
Omega, in fact.)

-- 
 .*********  Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk.  *********.
 : phil stracchino : unix ronin : renaissance man : mystic zen biker geek :
 :  [email-masked][email-masked][email-masked]  :
 :   2000 CBR929RR, 1991 VFR750F3 (foully murdered), 1986 VF500F (sold)   :
 :    Linux Now!   ...Because friends don't let friends use Microsoft.    :
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 00:15:15 +0000

On 16 Apr 2004 01:51:34 +0200, honschu wrote:
> > > I extended the very nice Module fvwm-menu-headlines with some
> > > german Newspages like http://www.pro-linux.de .
> > 

On the second thought, people who need this, may probably just place your
extension.pl into ~/.fvwm/.fvwm-menu-headlines/.

I have no time to test it, but after looking at it I see it may be highly
reduced and fixed, like the attached file.

> Is it possible to include TrueTypeFonts ? I use the latest devel-version
> of fvwm2

Take a look at font names (including xtf) used in configs posted on
fvwm.org, or in fvwm-themes.

Regards,
Mikhael.