Subject: FVWM: [ANN]: fvwmfr.org

From: Xavier Maillard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:45:24 +0200

Hi,

I am totally new  at FVWM. In fact I have discovered it  2 or 3 days ago
but I am yet, having fun with it.

It seems so powerful that I plan to use it instead of my other WMs.

For instance  I used to use  Ion which is another  approach to windowing
management.

I already have had a few  discussions about FVWM with a couple of people
on  DLFP (Da Linux  French Page)  site [1]  and few  have shown  me some
amaizing screenshots. 

I also played  with configurations from Taviso, Ikaro...  and wow ! This
is amazing stuff !

So  I  registered yesterday  the  domain  name  FVWMFR.ORG and  plan  to
install  tikiwiki on it  so that  french people  can share  their hints,
tips, excerpt of configuration files, screenshots, announces...

Feel free to visit it. I plan to finish to install it on Sunday evening.

Aim at  this is for  me to learn  more on this fabulous  Window Manager,
share  my knowledge  (yeah I  know it  is poor  at the  moment), discuss
about FVWM2 features,...

I hope  I would be able to  federate many french (or  not) people around
this topic.

Thank you

--Footnotes--
[1] http://linuxfr.org
-- 
                   Xavier Maillard| "Stand Back! I'm a programmer!"
.0.             [email-masked]|
..0             (+33) 326 770 221 |   Webmaster, emacsfr.org
000              PGP : 0x1E028EA5 |    Membre de l' APRIL

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Uwe Pross <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:21:46 +0200

> tips, excerpt of configuration files, screenshots, announces...

There is already an "official" wiki for fvwm at http://rvb.dyndns.org/FvwmWiki
in english.

Cheers, Uwe

---

From: Xavier Maillard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:21:30 +0200

On 30 Apr 2004, Uwe Pross wrote:

> There    is    already    an    "official"   wiki    for    fvwm    at
> http://rvb.dyndns.org/FvwmWiki in english.
                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^

Mine would  principally dedicated to  french speakers ;)  Ressources are
hard to find and  for newbies like me, it is hard  to understand all the
concepts of this *huge* project.

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:23:51 -0400 (EDT)

> > http://rvb.dyndns.org/FvwmWiki in english.

Yay! I don't speak french, but I am always happy to see people get excited
about open source, especially to the extent that they're willing to help
others. I applaud your attitude and I hope your site does well :-)
			-peace

-- 
Let he who is without clue kiss my ass

---

From: Xavier Maillard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:33:36 +0200

On 30 Apr 2004, Kendrick Vargas stated:

> > Mine would  principally dedicated  to french speakers  ;) Ressources
> > are hard to  find and for newbies like me, it  is hard to understand
> > all the concepts of this *huge* project.
> 
> Yay! I  don't speak french,  but I am  always happy to see  people get
> excited  about open  source,  especially to  the  extent that  they're
> willing to help  others. I applaud your attitude and  I hope your site
> does well :-)
> 			-peace

Thank  you for  your  support ;)  I am  working  hard on  it since  this
morning and hope I can offer it to public before Sunday's evening.

Regards,

zeDek

P.S: no need to CC me since I use gmane to post on this list.
-- 
"sometimes i feel like we're making emacs better and better because we don't 
 know what to do with emacs once it is finished."

    -- AlexSchroeder on #emacs @OPN