Subject: FVWM: FvwmIconMan thumbnail icons

From: Antoine Marmignon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 21:28:44 +0200

I've been playing a lot with FvwmIconMan these days, and I would like to
know if it is possible to display thumbnailed views of the applications
instead of static MiniIcons in FvwmIconMan.

The thumbnailing Function in Tavis Ormandy's .fvwm2rc file at
http://dev.gentoo.org/~taviso/fvwm2rc.html
could be a good candidate to do that but I wonder how to configure
FvwmIconMan to use that function.

-- 
Antoine Marmignon
<[email-masked]>
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 10:37:54 +0200

> FvwmIconMan to use that function.

If you have configured FvwmIconMan to display mini icons, you can
generate these exactly as the icons in Tavis' config.  All you
have to do is to replace "icon" with "miniicon" and maybe clean it
up a bit.  These mini icons are used by all modules automatically.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Antoine Marmignon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 01:45:56 +0200

I am not sure to really understand what you mean.
Should I use: Style * MiniIcon and bind it to the thumbnailing function
or is there a way to override the internal Fvwm Function to produce the
miniicons ?

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:01:25 +0200

> or is there a way to override the internal Fvwm Function to produce the

(Please write replies below the quoted message on this list)

I wanted to say that you have to replace "Icon" with "MiniIcon" in
the "Thumbnail" function in Tavis' config file.  Maybe you have to
adapt a few places where it's used too - I don't know exactly.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^