Subject: FVWM: questions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 12:47:09 +0200

Hello,

i have some questions to do :

1) how is called the image file of the startup button ? where is it defined
? 

2) i want to use a logo at the left of the start menu voices,any idea about
where to define it ?

3) how can I change the fonts of the menu voices ? 

4) in this website --> http://www.igs.net/~tril/fvwm/configs/fvwm2rc has
been found a way to add the icons on the desktop using a wizard written
in perl. im trying to do the same,but i can't find the file called fvwm2rc
on my system,why ? where is it ? im running fvwm 2.5.8 with the redmond
theme got from the ports of freebsd 5.2.1.

lemme know,thanks

__________________________________________________________________
Social price: l'ADSL diventa per tutti
Tiscali ADSL Senza Canone 640Kbps: GRATIS fino al 3 maggio costo
di adesione, attivazione e il modem per tutto il 2004. E per i primi 3 mesi,
con il Tiscali social price, navighi a 1,5 euro l'ora! Affrettati!
http://point.tiscali.it/adsl/prodotti/640Kbps/

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tenebrae <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 09:14:57 -0700 (PDT)

> 3) how can I change the fonts of the menu voices ?

I think you mean dialog instead of voices, but I do not know the answers
to your questions.
I use a very old and horribly written fvwm95 configuration file that may
provide somewhere to start looking.  You can find a screenshot and the
.fvwm2rc file on the fvwm.org screenshot page.
I think the FvwmTaskBar section might be what you were looking for?
Either that, or the AddToMenu parts...

> theme got from the ports of freebsd 5.2.1.

The file is a hidden file with a . in front of it.
find / -name .fvwm2rc -print
will search your whole system for this file.
On my system, it is in ~/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc
If you do not have it, try searching for a system.fvwm2rc file the same
way.
I hope this helps.
I'm only answering because I saw nobody else had and thought I might offer
a place to start.
I'm sure the veteran staff will correct my bad advice soon.
								-Tenebrae.
---
The sending of any unsolicited email advertising messages to this domain
may result in the imposition of civil liability against you in accordance
with Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code Section 17538.45.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 13:53:01 -0400

[email-masked] writes:
> 1) how is called the image file of the startup button ? where is it
> defined?

       *FvwmTaskBar: StartIcon icon-name
              This option specifies the name of the icon to  dis
              play at the left of the Start button.

> 2) i want to use a logo at the left of the start menu voices,any idea =
> about
> where to define it ?

See above.

> 
> 3) how can I change the fonts of the menu voices?

"menu voices" -> "menu entries"

       *FvwmTaskBar: Font font
              Specifies  the default font to be used for labeling
              the buttons, when they are not  depressed.  If  not
              specified, fixed font is assumed.

       *FvwmTaskBar: SelFont font
              Specifies  the  font  to  be used for the depressed
              buttons. Note that the Start button will use always
              this font even if is not pressed. If this option is
              not specified, the default font is used instead.

       *FvwmTaskBar: StatusFont font
              Specifies the font to be used for the clock and tip
              windows.  If  this  option  is not specified, fixed
              font is used.

> theme got from the ports of freebsd 5.2.1.

See Tenebrae's answer.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 19:00:47 +0000

> theme got from the ports of freebsd 5.2.1.

If you use fvwm-themes, then there is no fvwm2rc file. You should read
the documentation explaining how to use and change themes, available on
the fvwm-themes web site (that in turn is available from your root menu).

If you want to change the redmondxp (or redmond98?) theme, then make a
copy of the directory like /usr/local/share/fvwm/themes/redmondxp to
redmondxp2 and edit the copied files.

Another way to customize things in fvwm-themes is to create corresponding
files in your personal theme (create ~/.fvwm/themes/personal/ dir first).
For example, you may define your own Style Icon and MiniIcon lines in
file "styles-extra" (or better yet "iconstyles-extra") in this directory,
and then follow the procedure described in the fvwm-themes FAQ.

There is no GUI in fvwm-themes to create this iconstyles-extra file, if
this is what you want. But you may write such GUI, it is not very hard.

Regards,
Mikhael.