Subject: FVWM: re: fvwm questions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:02:17 +0200

>If you want to change the redmondxp (or redmond98?) theme, then make a
>copy of the directory like /usr/local/share/fvwm/themes/redmondxp to
>redmondxp2 and edit the copied files.

i want to know which configuration files should i edit to make the fvwm
redmondxp theme more windows xp style. because i can't edit the file called
.fvwm2rc like here : http://www.igs.net/~tril/fvwm/configs/fvwm2rc,because
they use no theme. we have different configuration files. maybe to make
the things easier i shouldn't use themes,but i like the fvwm windows xp
themed task bar, i won't to lose it. my problem is that i want to find a
tool/project/script to make the icons on the desktop like windows xp,but
im not able to find something useful for me. i've found only the perl script
in the website above,but is very hard to understand how make it works. till
now i've found :

1) rox filer with pinboard,but i dislike the filer
2) idesk,but there is no wizard to make the icons on the desktop,i should
edit the configuration file by hand
3) desktop file manager,with a very bad wizard to make icons on desktop

i have no other solutions till now...

> 1) how is called the image file of the startup button ? where is it
> defined?

       *FvwmTaskBar: StartIcon icon-name
              This option specifies the name of the icon to  dis
              play at the left of the Start button.

> 2) i want to use a logo at the left of the start menu voices,any idea
=
> about
> where to define it ?

See above.

> 
> 3) how can I change the fonts of the menu voices?

"menu voices" -> "menu entries"

       *FvwmTaskBar: Font font
              Specifies  the default font to be used for labeling
              the buttons, when they are not  depressed.  If  not
              specified, fixed font is assumed.

       *FvwmTaskBar: SelFont font
              Specifies  the  font  to  be used for the depressed
              buttons. Note that the Start button will use always
              this font even if is not pressed. If this option is
              not specified, the default font is used instead.

       *FvwmTaskBar: StatusFont font
              Specifies the font to be used for the clock and tip
              windows.  If  this  option  is not specified, fixed
              font is used.

the files that i should edit are the same that u explain above,now that
u know that im using the redmondxp theme ?

lemme know,thanks

__________________________________________________________________
Social price: l'ADSL diventa per tutti
Tiscali ADSL Senza Canone 640Kbps: GRATIS fino al 3 maggio costo
di adesione, attivazione e il modem per tutto il 2004. E per i primi 3 mesi,
con il Tiscali social price, navighi a 1,5 euro l'ora! Affrettati!
http://point.tiscali.it/adsl/prodotti/640Kbps/

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 21:05:12 +0000

On 25 Apr 2004 22:02:17 +0200, [email-masked] wrote:
> .fvwm2rc like here

There are fvwm-themes mailing lists for fvwm-themes specific questions.

> i've found only the perl script
> in the website above,but is very hard to understand how make it works.

Since I never tried this script, I can't say anything concrete about it.
I think, in order to work it requires its own setup and environment that
are unlikely to be compatible with fvwm-themes.

[...]

> u know that im using the redmondxp theme ?

In the quote above I mentioned the location of all RedmondXP theme files.
The theme does not use FvwmTaskBar module, but FvwmButtons and FvwmIconMan.

After googling around I have found about your plans:

  http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=366811

It may help to be expert in both fvwm and unix to complete such WinDE
project. Good luck. BTW, did you see www.xpde.com?

Regards,
Mikhael.