Subject: FVWM: shaded beep-media-player

From: calmar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 01:33:45 +0100

Hi all,

I (think) shaded the playlist from the beep-media-player.

I've got not a line, what I cannot 'unshade' anymore.

It's not in the WindowList (then probably a 'transient' window)?

I tryind things in the FvwmConsole like this without any success:

All Maximized   
All WindowShade
...

but that line (the shaded playlist windows is still just a line)

When I turn on the playlist, the FvwmConsole prints that:

[FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> *** internal error ***
[FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> Request 1, Error 2, EventType: 20

Greetings and thanks all
marco candrian
-- 
  calmar
           (o_         GNU/Linux is GREAT
           //\
           V_/_        http://www.calmar.ws
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: calmar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 01:57:17 +0100

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 01:33:45AM +0100, calmar wrote:

Sorry for all the typos + the bad English.

I better summarize it here:

after shading the playlist from the beep-media-player, I got a line,
what I cannot unshade again. (I tried several things).

Any ideas?

PS: while trying to unshade that line, and fiddling around with
beep-media-player I got two crashes (X/fvwm). Would it be of any
interest to track this down? I probably will be able to find out how to
do this based on the archived fvwm mailing list.

Greetings
marco candrian

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:06:31 +0200

> On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 01:33:45AM +0100, calmar wrote:

Please always say which fvwm version you are using.

> what I cannot unshade again. (I tried several things).

The error you posted earlier may mean that the window has died but
fvwm did not notice.  Try

  All (CirculateHit) WindowShade off

> do this based on the archived fvwm mailing list.

Of course.  If you see a core file, run

  $ gdb fvwm core
  (gdb) where

and post the output you get.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: calmar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:38:13 +0200

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 11:06:31AM +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:

Hi Dominik,

>   All (CirculateHit) WindowShade off
This does not actually work. Maybe I will ask taviso to try it
out, because I've got the beep-media-player based on his tip -
so he has this piece.

I've loaded other wms, and there it works actually. It's a very
special minimized thing so. Not usual. Well, very like xmms does it
when the playing list is miminized. There actually It workes.

Nevertheless, I should going to ask the xmms list maybe.  Since
I 'reshaded' it again on other wm's I've got a windows again.
(PS: i tried it also without any .fvwm2rc file, to prevent to be
a misconfigured config file, but and it was the same)

> Of course.  If you see a core file, run

I didn't get a crash so far anymore. I will going to look for
such a core file and do what you suggested when it happens
again.

> and post the output you get.
Thanks a lot!
greetings
marco