Subject: FVWM: Changing desk vs changing page

From: Uwe Pross <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 13:19:34 +0100

Hi there,

Using framemaker I experienced a strange behaviour.  When  I
do  a  "change desk" to the current page where framemaker is
running, the framemaker window remains emtpy as if it  would
need  to update its contents. The contents are drawn after I
do a "change page" (switch to another page and come back) or
if  I  move  another  window  over the framemaker window. It
seems if framemaker is not notified on a  desk  change,  but
gets notified on a page change or window movement. 

The behaviour is reproduceable. I have not observed this
behaviour with other applications yet.

(fvwm 2.5.7)

Cheers, Uwe
-- 
  ,_,   For personal reply/mail put "fvwm"
 (O,O)  in the subject.
 (   )  Otherwise I won't receive your mail.
--"-"----------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 07:57:38 -0500

> behaviour with other applications yet.

This is a known problem discussed a few years ago without a
solution.

Press Control-L to refresh the Framemaker display.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 14:17:20 +0100

> This is a known problem discussed a few years ago without a

Hm, does the same happen when framemaker is deiconified?  That is
almost the same operation as a desk change from the window's point
of view.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Uwe Pross <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 14:22:40 +0100

Hi there,

On 02 Mar 2004 at 14:17:20 +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:

> > > Using framemaker I experienced a strange behaviour.
> > > When I do a "change desk" to the current page where
> > > framemaker is running, the framemaker window remains
> > > emtpy as if it would need to update its contents. The
> > > contents are drawn after I do a "change page" (switch
> > > to another page and come back) or if I move another
> > > window over the framemaker window. It seems if
> > > framemaker is not notified on a desk change, but gets
> > > notified on a page change or window movement.
> > > 
> > > The behaviour is reproduceable. I have not observed
> > > this behaviour with other applications yet.
> > 
> > This is a known problem discussed a few years ago
> > without a solution.
> 
> Hm, does the same happen when framemaker is deiconified?
> That is almost the same operation as a desk change from
> the window's point of view.

No, deiconifying the window causes the contents to be
redrawn. 
Even if I do iconify->desk change and back->deiconify. 

Cheers, Uwe