Subject: FVWM: Fvwm and kde

From: Denis Prost <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:05:20 +0100

Hi,

I'm new to the list.

I'm using fvwm with KDE (nice combination !). Everything works fine except two 
small problems :

1) the icons in the kde systray are not properly displayed for a few 
applications :
- korn (tells you how many mails are in your mailbox) : the button size for 
each mailbox, sometimes fits, sometimes does not fit the systray size
- klipper, kmix : the icon is not properly centered in the systray

2) Pressing the button for the focused window on the kde taskbar does not 
iconify it (it does with kwin), while right clicking on it and selecting 
"minimize" works.

Any hint about it ?

Thanks,

Denis

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:55:28 +0200

> iconify it (it does with kwin), while right clicking on it and selecting 

I guess both are problems in the KDE taskbar.  Try asking on the
corresponding mailing list.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Denis Prost <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 13:42:09 +0000

Le lundi 29 Mars 2004 09:55, Dominik Vogt a écrit :
> > I'm using fvwm with KDE (nice combination !). Everything works fine
> > except two small problems :
> >
> > - korn (tells you how many mails are in your mailbox) : the button size
> > for each mailbox, sometimes fits, sometimes does not fit the systray size

Thanks. I finally found a solution for the second problem. I added 
Style kicker NeverFocus
And it did the trick. It looks like, previously, the first click was to give 
the focus to the KDE kicker (containing the taskbar) while the second one was 
to iconify the window (like it does with kwin). Now that kicker can't get the 
focus, the first click directly iconifies the window.

For the first problem, I found workarounds :  strangely, opening the korn 
configuration window and then closing it, gives back korn buttons the proper 
geometry. And for klipper, emptying the clipboard and then restarting klipper 
provides a properly centered icon.

Cheers,

Denis

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 14:53:53 +0200

> - klipper, kmix : the icon is not properly centered in the systray

What is your fvwm version? I've fixed a problem similar to the
one you describe for 2.5.8.

Regards, Olivier

---

From: Denis Prost <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:42:41 +0000

> one you describe for 2.5.8.

2.5.8 (debian package downloaded from the fvwm site)

Regards

Denis