Subject: FVWM: Re: Your music

From: Math Forum Webmaster <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:15:31 -0500

Hello --

Thanks for writing in to the Math Forum! This automatic response
confirms that we've received your message.

At the bottom of this note, please find a few questions that people 
commonly send to the Forum, along with our standard responses.  
We sincerely hope that you find the answer to your question among 
those we've listed.

If you have a question or concern that this list does not address
sufficiently, a Forum staff member will respond to your message
within the next couple of days.

Thank you,

The Math Forum Staff
http://mathforum.org/

______________________________________________________________________________
Q: WHERE CAN I GET HELP WITH A MATH QUESTION?

A:   Have you heard about Ask Dr. Math, the Forum's question and
     answer service for math students and their teachers? We have
     a searchable archive of questions and answers, plus a form
     for submitting questions, at:

           http://mathforum.org/dr.math/

     If you submit a question to the doctors, give as much information
     as possible about the trouble you're having: show the work you've
     already done, and ask specific questions about whatever it is you
     don't understand.

______________________________________________________________________________
Q: WHERE CAN I FIND A MATH FORMULA OR DEFINITION?

A:   Try the Dr. Math FAQ for formulas:

           http://mathforum.org/dr.math/faq/faq.formulas.html

     ... or Eric Weisstein's World of Mathematics, formerly Eric's 
     Treasure Trove of Mathematics:

           http://mathworld.wolfram.com/

______________________________________________________________________________
Q: WHERE CAN I GET ADVICE ON  <math or math ed topic> ?

A:   Have you heard about the Forum's Teacher2Teacher service? Our
     panel of teaching professionals is available to answer your
     questions about teaching mathematics or how your children are
     learning math:

           http://mathforum.org/t2t/

     To reach a broad audience, post a message to a relevant mailing
     list or newsgroup. Here's a list of discussions hosted and/or
     recommended by the Forum:

           http://mathforum.org/discussions/

______________________________________________________________________________
Q: WHERE CAN I FIND WEB PAGES ON  <math or math ed topic> ?

A:   Visit the Internet Math Library, an annotated catalog of
     mathematics and mathematics education web sites. The Library
     features a description of each entry, hierarchical categories
     for browsing, a searcher on each browse page, and selected sites
     for each category's starting points:

           http://mathforum.org/library/

     Alternately, conducting a search remains a good way to find
     specific resources on the Internet. We encourage you to go to
     our main search engine and enter keywords pertaining to the
     topic you want to find:

           http://mathforum.org/grepform.html

______________________________________________________________________________
Q: WILL YOU LIST MY URL ON YOUR SITE?

A:  You're quite welcome to suggest URLs for inclusion in our Math
    Library, as long as they relate to math or math education. Please
    fill out this online form:

           http://mathforum.org/library/add.html

______________________________________________________________________________
Q: MAY I LINK TO YOUR SITE?

A:  Sure - go right ahead! Please give us proper attribution and
    state clearly that this is a Forum resource, and not something
    of your own creation. If you'd like to have us make a reciprocal
    link, fill out the web form mentioned above.

______________________________________________________________________________
Q: MAY I HAVE PERMISSION TO REPRODUCE YOUR CONTENT?

A:  You may reproduce a Math Forum web page for private or classroom
    use. Please give us proper attribution and state clearly that this
    is a Math Forum resource, and not something of your own creation.
    You may not publish the reproduction on a public website or for
    commercial purposes without our explicit permission.

    For commercial reproductions, please complete and submit our
    permission form:

           http://mathforum.org/help/permission.html

    To learn more about our terms of use, please read

           http://mathforum.org/announce/terms.html

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].