Subject: FVWM: fvwm 2.5.10

From: Elliot Sowadsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:52:31 -0800 (PST)

Makefile stills aborts on debian for a solaris build.

fvwmtaskbar: Doesn't work w/ multiple rows due to:

fvwmtaskbar.c:	win_height = nh;

Commenting this out fixes it.

My configure...

# env CXX=g++ CC=<path>/gcc/current/bin/gcc CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-s CFLAGS="-O3" ./configure --without-cxx  \
env CXX=g++ CC=<path>/gcc/current/bin/gcc LDFLAGS=-s CFLAGS="-O3" ./configure --without-cxx  \
--with-xpm-includes=<path>/X11/include --with-xpm-library=<path>/X11/lib --prefix=/home/$user/elliot_local/fvwm2510 \
--disable-shape --disable-sm --disable-bidi --disable-iconv --without-gnome
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 21:39:15 +0000

> Makefile stills aborts on debian for a solaris build.

These and some other fixes are on my home machine for several days. If I
knew Dominik is going to make a new release, I would commit them.

> Commenting this out fixes it.

Someone else should fix this.

> --disable-shape --disable-sm --disable-bidi --disable-iconv --without-gnome

CXX options are not used in 2.4.x and 2.5.x.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:05:13 +0200

> Commenting this out fixes it.

:-P

The FvwmTaskBar code is simply unmaintainable.  The slightest
change anywhere breaks something else.  I've fixed it, but I can't
yetr check it in.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^