Subject: FVWM: mini icons and NoResource

From: Bill Jehle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 08:23:34 -0800

How do I get the mini icon to work with mutt ,class=mutt
resource=xterm, and moneydance, class=moneydance
Resource=com.moneydance.apps.md.view.gui.MainFrame. the norm
works. Could you point me to the FAQ for this? :)
-- 
Bill Jehle
http://billjehle.com
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Remko Troncon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:38:05 +0100

> works. Could you point me to the FAQ for this? :)

The FAQ? This is simply in the manual:
	Style "mutt" MiniIcon mutt.mini.png
(the same for moneydance)

cheers,
Remko

---

From: Bill Jehle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 13:45:52 -0800

> (the same for moneydance)

 Thanks, That isn't working for me. I believe this is correct but for
 some reason it won't show the mini's on some apps. Other apps that
 run in xterms show the proper icons but mutt and moneydance, among a
 couple of others, don't. Here is what's in my .fvwm2rc-wm-icons:
 Style "mutt"  Icon norm/mutt_button.xpm   MiniIcon mini/mutt-mini.xpm

---

From: Remko Troncon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 09:50:45 +0100

>  Style "mutt"  Icon norm/mutt_button.xpm   MiniIcon mini/mutt-mini.xpm 

How about placing a comma in between your Icon and your MiniIcon
declarations ? 

You can check the resource and class etc. of a window with FvwmIdent.
If 'mutt' isn't anywhere in there, you could explicitly set the title
of the xterm to 'mutt' with the -T option. But, if you start your mutt
with 'xterm -e mutt', it should set the title automatically.

cheers,
Remko

---

From: Bill Jehle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 08:39:59 -0800

> with 'xterm -e mutt', it should set the title automatically.

Thanks, Of course I messed with that for a couple of hours but didn't
notice the "," was missing. BTW I had to start mutt with [-class
mutt].
Thanks, best regards;
-- 
Bill Jehle
http://billjehle.com
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:50:00 +0000

>  Style "mutt"  Icon norm/mutt_button.xpm   MiniIcon mini/mutt-mini.xpm 

Open FvwmConsole (bind it to a menu or a keypress), then paste into it:

  Style "mutt" MiniIcon mini/mutt-mini.xpm

If the mini icon of mutt is not changed, then either the window has a
different class string, or this mini icon can't be loaded.

If the mini icon of mutt is changed, then either you have an incorrect
order of Style lines (some XTerm overwrittes your mutt), or this window
was not always named "mutt", at least on the capture time.

Regards,
Mikhael.