Subject: FVWM: Hello, need some fvwm theming tutorials!

From: w0rm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:48:40 +0200

Hello. I was amased today when I saw how customizable fvwm is. I've downloaded some theme from official site (in the screenshots section), all is ok but when I googled for some fvwm theme making tutorials\Documentations I've found nothing :( Can you suggest me something? I know that I can dig in other theme files, but I think it would be a lot easer\better to read some tutorials for basic syntax, commands etc. Can you suggest me something? 
p.s. sorry if my english isn't very good ;>
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:31:28 +0100

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 10:48:40PM +0200, w0rm wrote:
> Hello. I was amased today when I saw how customizable fvwm is.
> I've downloaded some theme from official site (in the
> screenshots section), all is ok but when I googled for some fvwm
> theme making tutorials\Documentations I've found nothing :( Can
> you suggest me something? I know that I can dig in other theme
> files, but I think it would be a lot easer\better to read some
> tutorials for basic syntax, commands etc. Can you suggest me
> something? 

Unfortunately, we still have no good fvwm tutorial.  The man page
is a complete reference manual.  There are a couple of hints in
the FAQ that are worth to read.  Then there are the mailing lists
and the IRC channel to ask questions.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 07:38:32 -0300

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 10:31:28AM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
[...]
> Then there are the mailing lists

What is the IRC channel, and in what netchat?

Romildo

---

From: Nuno Alexandre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:45:03 +0100

> What is the IRC channel, and in what netchat?

On freenode.net 
#fvwm

geta server list from www.freenode.net
usually irc.freenode.net willget you on the closes server.

-- 
Best regards - Nuno Alexandre - <na:fluxmod.dk>
http://www.fluxmod.dk
-----------------------------------------------/

---

From: Thomas Adam <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:45:40 +0000 (GMT)

--- [email-masked] wrote: > On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 10:31:28AM
> What is the IRC channel, and in what netchat?

server: irc.freenode.net
room:   #fvwm

I usually idle there under the name: thomas_adam

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"The Linux Weekend Mechanic" -- http://linuxgazette.net
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net

"<shrug> We'll just save up your sins, Thomas, and punish 
you for all of them at once when you get better. The 
experience will probably kill you. :)"

 -- Benjamin A. Okopnik (Linux Gazette Technical Editor)

___________________________________________________________
Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" 
your friends today! Download Messenger Now 
http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: calmar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:24:45 +0100

> p.s. sorry if my english isn't very good ;>

hi,

what I actually found is this:

http://rvb.dyndns.org/FvwmWiki/FVWM_2dThemes

http://fvwm-themes.sourceforge.net/doc/

greetings

-- 
  calmar
           (o_         GNU/Linux is GREAT
           //\
           V_/_        http://www.calmar.ws