Subject: FVWM: Re: dynamic visuals

From: Elliot Sowadsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 10:40:12 -0800 (PST)

<<
I think you are referring to the colormap flashing you see on
8 bit displays.  That comes from the application using a private
colormap.  I think the word "private" is key.  I don't know that fvwm
can use it.  If it did attempt to use it, I don't know that fvwm could
allocate any colors in it.  If fvwm attempted to use the colors already
allcocated in the colormap, I don't think fvwm could expect those colors
to stay constant.

If i start fvwm as truecolor, i dont get flashing against (the evil
color-hungry) apps i start as truecolor. But most apps i cant run truecolor,
so i'd want to keep pseudocolor for those (running on a different desk
than the truecolor apps).
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].