Subject: FVWM: Smooth startup

From: Remko Troncon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:01:06 +0100

Hi,

When i start fvwm, the initialization function starts the pager, the
buttons, and sets the background. If the buttons and the pager are
transparent, this gives some weird results while starting: first they
are started with a black backround, after a while the background comes
up, and then the backgrounds are updated. This doesn't look really
smooth. Is there anything that can be done about that ?

thanks,
Remko
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Shawn Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 08:29:58 -0700

> smooth. Is there anything that can be done about that ?

You could try the schedule command. (Only in fvwm 2.5.x)

DestroyFunc StartFunction
AddToFunc   StartFunction
# schedule FvwmPager so it starts after the root bg is up.
+ I  Schedule 900 Module FvwmPager * *

hth,
sa

---

From: Remko Troncon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:35:29 +0100

> + I  Schedule 900 Module FvwmPager * *

Yes, but that's not really clean (you might wait too long or too short).
I used fvwm-root in a PipeRead, which seems to solve the problem.

cheers,
Remko