Subject: FVWM: FvwmConsole error

From: "Ryan Daly" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:11:40 -0500 (EST)

Anyone see the following error while trying to start FvwmConsole?

FvwmConsole server error in bind, errno 1

I am left with a core file...  Not sure what's up.  This is running on
RHEL v3 Update 1 (kernel 2.4.21-9.0.1.ELsmp).
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:17:25 +0100

> RHEL v3 Update 1 (kernel 2.4.21-9.0.1.ELsmp).

That means the bind() system call failed with errno == 1, i.e.
with a permission error.  FvwmConsole was not allowed to create a
socket with the name $HOME/.fvwm/.FvwmConsole-Socket (unless you
have the FVWM_USERDIR variable set).  Check the file permissions.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^