Subject: FVWM: start window on particular position

From: Joolz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:18:54 +0200

This is probably a newbie question, please bear with me :-)

In my fvwm setup I want o be able to always see the tail of my system
log. So I created this script called tail\ messages:

  sudo /usr/bin/tail -n 30 -s 1 -f /var/log/messages

fvwmrc does this: 

  AddToFunc InitFunction
  + I exec aterm -sh 100 -fg DarkGrey -geometry 140x20 -T "system log" -e tail\ messages

This works fine, the problem is that I would like this window allways
to be placed om Page 0, positioned in the lower right corner. I tried
all kind of variations on this theme:

  Style "system log" NoTitle, CirculateSkipIcon, CirculateSkip, \
                     NoPPosition, DumbPlacement, \
                     CleverPlacementOff, StartsOnPage 0 150 150

but the window won't appear in the right bottom. It does appear on
Page 0, though.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks!

-- 
15:17-15:18
Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) Linux 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 08:28:52 -0500

Joolz <[email-masked]> writes:
> to be placed om Page 0, positioned in the lower right corner.

Try:

-geometry 140x20-0-0

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:32:11 +0200

> Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks!

Fvwm does not place windows in specific positions; you have to ask
the application to do it.  In this case, use

  $ + I exec aterm -g -0-0 ...
                   ^^^^^^^

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Joolz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:31:22 +0200

> [Dominik Vogt schreef op 29-03-2004 15:32 +0200]

<snip>
>   $ + I exec aterm -g -0-0 ...

Thanks Dominic and Dan!

-- 
09:30-09:31