Subject: FVWM: Window placement

From: Phil Stracchino <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 13:39:40 -0500

Sorry if this is a fAQ, but I've been having trouble reproducing an
fvwm1 behavior in fvwm2.

I have:

Style "*"       RandomPlacement, SmartPlacement

As desired, this causes fvwm2 to try not to place windows on top of
other windows, and to offset windows slightly when it must place them on
top of other windows.  However, unlike fvwm1, fvwm2 is extremely
reluctant to place a window on top of an icon.

Can anyone tell me how I can tell fvwm2 that it's OK to place windows
over icons?  The icons will get rearranged out from under the windows
next time I switch screens anyway....

-- 
 .*********  Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk.  *********.
 : phil stracchino : unix ronin : renaissance man : mystic zen biker geek :
 :  [email-masked][email-masked][email-masked]  :
 :   2000 CBR929RR, 1991 VFR750F3 (foully murdered), 1986 VF500F (sold)   :
 :    Linux Now!   ...Because friends don't let friends use Microsoft.    :
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:18:56 +0100

> next time I switch screens anyway....

Check the MinOverlapPlacementPenalties and
MinOverlapPercentPlacementPenalties styles in the man page.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^