Subject: Re: FVWM: Finding the number of desktops

From: Elliot Sowadsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 10:19:46 -0800 (PST)

< "The number of active desktops is determined dynamically. Only desktops
< which contain windows or are currently being displayed are active. Desktop
< numbers must be between 2147483647 and -2147483648 (is that enough?)."

Are negative numbered desktops reverse video?
Can they have a different visual than the positive?

But more seriously, how hard is it to make fvwm dynamically change its
visuals setting so i can dynamically configure it to not get flashing
between an app and the non-app?

cheap low memory bit Sun video card
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:30:44 -0500

> between an app and the non-app?

I think you are referring to the colormap flashing you see on
8 bit displays.  That comes from the application using a private
colormap.  I think the word "private" is key.  I don't know that fvwm
can use it.  If it did attempt to use it, I don't know that fvwm could
allocate any colors in it.  If fvwm attempted to use the colors already
allcocated in the colormap, I don't think fvwm could expect those colors
to stay constant.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]