Subject: FVWM: poping up fvwm-pager through key binding

From: Micha Feigin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 11:30:56 +0200

I would like to pop up fvwm pager using a key binding to show the
desktop layout.

I don't have the desktop space to keep it open all the time (14" laptop
screen ;-( and having it dock away is kind of a waste of memory as I
don't use that much (most of the time I'm on one desktop).

Is it possible to make it just appear in the middle of the screen or
something one a key is pressed and then make it go away again later?
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Ruslan Kosolapov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 02:15:59 +0600

MF> I would like to pop up fvwm pager using a key binding to show the
 MF> desktop layout.

 MF> I don't have the desktop space to keep it open all the time (14"
 MF> laptop screen ;-( and having it dock away is kind of a waste of
 MF> memory as I don't use that much (most of the time I'm on one
 MF> desktop).

 MF> Is it possible to make it just appear in the middle of the screen
 MF> or something one a key is pressed and then make it go away again
 MF> later?

  man FvwmPager: 
---8<---------------------------------------------------------
  If the pager is started with the -transient option, the next time a
  button is released the pager is closed.  Note that this option does
  only work if the window style of the pager window is 'sticky' (see
  the fvwm man page). You should use the 'StaysOnTop' style too.
  Example:

       Style FvwmPager Sticky, StaysOnTop
       *FvwmPager: Rows       1
       *FvwmPager: Columns    1
       Mouse 3 R C Module FvwmPager -transient

  With this in your .fvwm2rc, if you press control and button 3 in the
  root window the pager pops up under the mouse and while the viewport
  moves with the mouse.
--------------------------------------------------------->8----

-- 
=[ Саня, давай я сейчас загоню баг, а ты его найдешь! 
=[ 							  -- rk, 2003

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 20:16:17 +0000

> something one a key is pressed and then make it go away again later?

Lines from fvwm-themes:

  Mouse 2  R  C   Module FvwmPager -transient FvwmPager-Single * *
  Mouse 2  R  SC  Module FvwmPager -transient FvwmPager-Desker 0 3

Bind it to a key too if you want. "FvwmPager -transient" disappears after
any key press or mouse click.

Regards,
Mikhael.