Subject: FVWM: centering transient pager around mouse

From: Micha Feigin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 18:38:38 +0200

When using FvwmPager -transient it pops up by default with the mouse
cursor at the top left corner. Is it possible to make it pop up with
the cursor in the center?

Thanks
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Ruslan Kosolapov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 00:01:25 +0600

MF> When using FvwmPager -transient it pops up by default with the
 MF> mouse cursor at the top left corner. Is it possible to make it
 MF> pop up with the cursor in the center?

 You can start FvwmPager, and then move cursor:

 Function StartFvwmPagerWithCursorInTheCenter
 + I Module FvwmPager MyPager -transient
 + I All (MyPager) WarpToWindow 50 50

-- 
=[ Внедрить - внедрили, а вывнедрить - забыли.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 18:51:44 +0000

>  + I All (MyPager) WarpToWindow 50 50

The idea is correct, but there 2 problems.

The syntax is "FvwmPager -transient MyPager", not another order.

You need either Wait or Schedule to wait until the pager is mapped.

Theoretically it is more correct to use "Next (CirculateHit, MyPager)"
than "All" so the command is not executed several times in bad cases.
But practically "All (MyPager)" will work here.

Regards,
Mikhael.