Subject: FVWM: Settings program specific bindings

From: Micha Feigin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 22:25:47 +0200

Is it possible to define program specific bindings (using whatever
resource type)?

For example, can I define key bindings that would be active only over a
fvwm tabs window?

Thanks
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 01:16:11 +0000

> Is it possible to define program specific bindings (using whatever

You may define different actions for different windows in the window
specific binding:

  Mouse 3 WTSF CM DoSomethingOnCtrlAltMouse3InWindow

  AddToFunc DoSomethingOnCtrlAltMouse3InWindow
  + I ThisWindow (XTerm) Menu XTermMenu

  # the following is for 2.5.8, but ThisWindow works in 2.4.x too
  #+ I TestRc (!Match) ThisWindow (mozilla*) Function mozilla-something
  #+ I TestRc (!Match) Beep

> For example, can I define key bindings that would be active only over a

No, this is not currently possible. A binding should be defined either
for all or no windows, although you may dispatch it.

It is probably possible to (re)send a synthetic event (using FakeClick)
to unwanted windows, but this is unrelable and I can't suggest this.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Scott Smedley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 12:35:20 +1100

Hi Micha,

: Is it possible to define program specific bindings (using whatever
: resource type)?
: 
: For example, can I define key bindings that would be active only over a
: fvwm tabs window?

My brother hacked the Fvwm source to do this - specifically for FvwmTabs
too. eg. You could press Ctrl-Tab on an FvwmTabs window & it would show the
next tab but it would also allow Ctrl-Tab on non-FvwmTabs windows to
"go through" to the app so that it still worked in apps like Mozilla.

I'm not sure how robust the solution was. Maybe he can tell us - I
think he's on this list.

So, Craig?

SCoTT. :)