Subject: FVWM: FvwmPager: how to `catch' a little Window hidden by a bigger one

From: calmar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:41:33 +0100

Hi all,

How could I get a window (in a easy way) what is hidden by a
bigger window in the Pager?

Actually I'm thinking about when someone used SloppyFocus for the
Pager, the MouseButton 3 does not have much functions (AFAIK), so
there might be the possibility to bind MouseButton 3 to a `lower'
command for that specific Window, in order the window below can
pop up in the Pager.

Obviously there is no way to assign the mouse buttons for the
Pager in any way (besides of a Patch), isn't it?

At least this would be a situation where a window actually is not
beeing able to get 'catched' with the Pager - obviously.

Anyway,
Best Greetings

Marco Candrian (who already has an unbeatable (in efficiency)
windowmanager (fvwm) configuration -- unbeatable for most other
(less configurable) window managers. :) .. and it's just the
begin..  thx to all the developers for creating such a great
piece of software.

-- 
  calmar 
           (o_         GNU/Linux is GREAT      
           //\                 
           V_/_        http://www.calmar.ws 

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tavis Ormandy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:15:23 +0000

> bigger window in the Pager?

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're after, but have you tried
using FvwmProxy?

I just use this:

AddToFunc StartFunction I Module FvwmProxy
Key Escape      A       M       SendToModule FvwmProxy ShowToggle

-- 
-------------------------------------
[email-masked] | finger me for my gpg key.
-------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: calmar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:21:16 +0100

> Key Escape      A       M       SendToModule FvwmProxy ShowToggle

Hi Taviso,

thanks for the tip, I think it helps too and I will include it
into my configuration in some way.

Actually I was thinking more to bind the mouse butten 3 to something like
lower/raise while beeing on the pager. Or to a user defined
command. Woudn't this be of some use in general?

Thanks..
marco candrian

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:34:44 +0000

> command. Woudn't this be of some use in general?

This is not configurable at the moment. If you change your DesktopSize
from 1x1 to something bigger you may see what button 3 does in the pager.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: calmar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 05:12:35 +0100

> from 1x1 to something bigger you may see what button 3 does in the pager.
I see :)

thanks

marco candrian