Subject: FVWM: Edge Popup menu

From: Ian Remmler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 19:19:06 -0600

Hi,

I am wondering if there is an easy way to have a menu popup when
I hit an edge of the screen, and to automatically disappear if I
move the pointer out of the menu without clicking anything?

I tried "EdgeCommand Bottom Popup Foo", but the menu does not
automatically go away.  I can probably do it with FvwmEvent
somehow, but I hoped there was an easier way.

Thanks for any help,
	- Ian.

-- 
Ian Remmler         |  A monk asked Joshu, "Has a dog Buddha
[email-masked]     |  nature or not?"  Joshu replied, "Mu!"
http://remmler.org  |      -- Mumon, "The Gateless Gate"
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 01:48:17 +0000

> move the pointer out of the menu without clicking anything?

No easy solution, but see FAQ #7.17 (Autohiding), it may or may not help.

> somehow, but I hoped there was an easier way.

Was not this answered 2 days ago? An fvwm menu can't be closed without a
keypress or mouseclick.

You may however use other windows, dialogs or modules instead of menu.

For example, use a menu created by FvwmGtk, then KillModule FvwmGtk on
leave_window event. Just don't forget to start FvwmGtk again on the next
EdgeCommand. The whole working setup may be a bit tricky, but if you
really need this, you may try to script it. If you get stuck reask again.

It is possible that FvwmGtk grabs X too when a menu is invoked, then
this solution can't work; you may switch to a pseudo-menu created by
FvwmButtons or something else.

Regards,
Mikhael.