Subject: FVWM: MWMBorder bevel accuracy

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 06:14:57 -0000 (UTC)

i have noticed a discrepancy between the appearance mwm (from openmotif
2.1.30) and fvwm-2.5.8's MWMBorder. i have some screenshots for viewing at
http://helloworld.sh/wm/ . notice that the pixel 1 up and 1 right of the
upper-righthand corner of a button's face is bright using mwm, but shaded
in fvwm.

if this cannot be corrected using the configuration file, i would be
interested in attempting to correct it in the source.

-derek
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 10:56:19 -0500

[email-masked] writes:
> 2.1.30) and fvwm-2.5.8's MWMBorder. i have some screenshots for viewing =
> at
> http://helloworld.sh/wm/ . notice that the pixel 1 up and 1 right of =
> the
> upper-righthand corner of a button's face is bright using mwm, but =
> shaded
> in fvwm.
> 

You would need to change the source code.

Fvwm emulates mwm, do you know for a fact that openmotif is an
exact copy of mwm?

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 20:33:38 +0100 (CET)

> Fvwm emulates mwm, do you know for a fact that openmotif is an

AFAI, OpenMotif is identical to OSF's Motif. And screenshots from various
machines seem to confirm this.
I could check on my Sparc (DTWM), if this is the same.
I've noticed this before, but not quite bothered. I wouldn't mind this
change though, IMHO it would improve appearance a litte.

//Marcus

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 20:32:53 -0000 (UTC)

> //Marcus

that was as far as i knew too, though i had not yet confirmed it. i'll go
ahead and see if i can do it.

-derek