Subject: FVWM: [BUG?] problems with PMinSize hint

From: Jindrich Makovicka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:36:28 +0100

Hello,

latest MPlayer CVS added code form mininum window size hinting, i.e.

vo_hint.min_width = 4;
vo_hint.min_height = 4;
vo_hint.flags |= PMinSize;
XSetWMNormalHints( mDisplay,vo_window,&vo_hint );

. However, with fvwm 2.5.8 (or 2.5.9 from current CVS) it behaves 
strangely. After going fullscreen pressing 'f', the movie window refuses 
to shrink back after another 'f' press, as it should, but it remains in 
the fullscreen size instead. It's possible to resize it manually using a 
mouse, but it seems that subsequent calls to XMoveResizeWindow() with 
smaller window size are ignored.

Regards,
-- 
Jindrich Makovicka
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:50:02 +0100

> smaller window size are ignored.

When I try to compile mplayer from cvs, I get this error:

--
cc -I../libvo/ -I../../libvo -O4 -march=i686 -mcpu=i686 -pipe
-ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64  -Ilibmpdemux -Iloader -Ilibvo
-I/usr/include/freetype2    -I/usr/X11R6/include      -o mplayer
mplayer.o mp_msg.o cpudetect.o codec-cfg.o spudec.o playtree.o
playtreeparser.o asxparser.o vobsub.o subreader.o sub_cc.o find_sub.o
m_config.o m_option.o parser-cfg.o m_struct.o unrarlib.o mixer.o
parser-mpcmd.o libvo/libvo.a libao2/libao2.a  vidix/libvidix.a
libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a mp3lib/libMP3.a liba52/liba52.a
libmpeg2/libmpeg2.a   libaf/libaf.a libmpdemux/libmpdemux.a
input/libinput.a postproc/libswscale.a osdep/libosdep.a -Llibmpdvdkit2
-lmpdvdkit          -lpng -lz -lz -ljpeg -lasound -ldl -lpthread
-lfreetype -ltermcap  -lnsl   -lungif    -Llibmpflac -lmpflac
libfaad2/libfaad2.a    -lXxf86dga -lXv  -lXxf86vm -lXinerama
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXext -lX11 -lnsl  -lnsl                -lpthread -ldl
-lm
libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a(vf.o)(.data+0xdc): undefined reference to
`vf_info_qp'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mplayer] Error 1
--

Looks like mplayer doesn't compile without libavcodec.  I'd look
into the problem if I get it to compile.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Jindrich Makovicka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:44:15 +0100

> into the problem if I get it to compile.

Thanks for pointing this out, you can fix the bug using the following 
patch (or latest CVS). However, mplayer is not very useful without 
libavcodec. But maybe "dummy" video capture driver will be enough to 
test the window behavior.

Index: vf.c
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvsroot/mplayer/main/libmpcodecs/vf.c,v
retrieving revision 1.102
diff -u -b -B -r1.102 vf.c
--- vf.c	6 Feb 2004 20:31:57 -0000	1.102
+++ vf.c	26 Feb 2004 14:30:14 -0000
@@ -164,7 +164,9 @@
      &vf_info_yuvcsp,
      &vf_info_kerndeint,
      &vf_info_rgbtest,
+#ifdef USE_LIBAVCODEC
      &vf_info_qp,
+#endif
      NULL
  };