Subject: FVWM: IconOverride/EwmhIconOverride

From: Kingsly John <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 23:02:31 +0530

I'm trying to override the Icons that are set by the programs themselves with
icons of my own...

I've defined the Icon and MiniIcon using the Icon and MiniIcon for each of
the apps.

The styles wouldn't apply when the apps are launched.. but if I restart fvwm
after the app is launched the Icons/MiniIcons are changed.

I tried adding the following line to my rc file...

Style * IconOverride, EWMHMiniIconOverride

There is no change in the behavior at all... the apps still use the
application defined Icon at startup and not what I have specified for them.

Where am I going wrong ?

Am using 2.5.9(jan 5th snapshot)

Kingsly

-- 
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Thomas Adam <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:36:44 +0000 (GMT)

> application defined Icon at startup and not what I have specified for

You cannot apply the IconOverride style in this way. You *have* to make it
application specific in the style, i.e.:

Style MyProgramName IconOverride, EWMHMiniIconOverride

for each application, repeat as necessary.

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"The Linux Weekend Mechanic" -- http://linuxgazette.net
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net

"<shrug> We'll just save up your sins, Thomas, and punish 
you for all of them at once when you get better. The 
experience will probably kill you. :)"

 -- Benjamin A. Okopnik (Linux Gazette Technical Editor)

________________________________________________________________________
Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" 
your friends today! Download Messenger Now 
http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kingsly John <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 23:20:17 +0530

> for each application, repeat as necessary.

That is what I tried at first.. and it didn't work out... thats why I tried
the using Style * IconOverride, EWMHMiniIconOverride

The way I understand the man page... Style * should also work...

Because the man page clearly states ...

"There is one exception to these rules, namely

                   Style * Icon unknown.xpm

doesn't force the unknown.xpm icon on every window,"

So applying IconOverride, EWMHMiniIconOverride on "*" should also be
possible.

Kingsly