Subject: FVWM: Re: FullScreen/Layers issue between 2.5.7 and 2.5.8

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 07:51:13 +0000

On 04 Jan 2004 09:56:04 +0530, Kingsly John wrote:
> 
> I have the following style for gkrellm ...
> 
> Style "gkrellm" Sticky, WindowListSkip, StaysOnTop, CirculateSkip, BorderWidth 0, NoTitle, NoHandles, ClickToFocus
> 
> Under 2.5.7 both mplayer and tvtime went to fullscreen perfectly okay.(ie.
> fullscreen and on top of all other windows)
> 
> Under 2.5.8 the gkrellm window ends up on top of tvtime even when it's on
> fullscreen. But mplayer works perfectly as before.
> 
> I've not made any changes to the config.. and the only layer related note in
> the changelog is about the !Layer condition.
> 
> What could be the issue and how do I get tvtime to go fullscreen ?

I can't reproduce your problem.

When I run "mplayer" and press "f", it puts itself in the fullscreen mode
and into layer 10. This is higher that the StaysOnTop layer of gkrellm,
that is 6 by default unless you redefine DefaultLayers.

The man page of mplayer contains some information about the layer used
in fullscreen mode, you may want to read the mplayer man page.

In any case, issue FvwmIdent on both gkrellm and fullscreen-ed mplayer
and report their layer. (I hope you may bind FvwmIdent to some key.)

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kingsly John <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 18:18:41 +0530

> that is 6 by default unless you redefine DefaultLayers.

Mplayer works fine for me .. the problem is with tvtime...

> and report their layer. (I hope you may bind FvwmIdent to some key.)

In 2.5.8 gkrellm is on Layer 6 and tvtime is on Layer 4

But in 2.5.7(I downgraded and tested) tvtime goes into full screen
properly... even though gkrellm is on Layer 6 .. I'm unable to get FvwmIdent
output on the tvtime window in fullscreen... but in regular mode it is on
Layer 4.  (Strangely though I hit the key to run fvwmident when the window is
in full screen... the ident window seems to come up after the window goes
back to normal as it still shows the regular sized windows resolution )

Kingsly