Subject: FVWM: fvwmlist focus problem

From: Joolz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 07:57:29 +0100

When I start fvwm, I immedialetly fire up some small apps / modules
(gkrellm, the pager, fvwmwinlist). Also I have hotkeys to start apps,
like this:

  Key x A CM Exec exec xterm -T xterm

When fvwm is freshly started and I press control-alt-x an xterm is
aterted (as I would expect), but it doesn't have the focus. When I
start another one, that second one will have focus. I thought about
ginving fvwmwinlist a skipwindowlist style, but the list skips as it
is...

Can anybody tell me if this (not giving focus to the first app
started) is normal behaviour from fvwmwinlist? Thanks!

-- 
07:52-07:57
Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) Linux 2.4.22-1.2129.nptl
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 14:10:52 +0000

> started) is normal behaviour from fvwmwinlist? Thanks!

You may configure fvwm so this is a normal behaviour and may configure
fvwm so this does not happen.

An ideal report/question looks like this:

  1) My fvwm version is x.y.z. [Other relevant info if you think it may
     contribute to the problem.]
  2) Here is a minimal rc file that reproduces my problem.
     [Several fvwm commands (seven or so) follow.]
  3) Run fvwm with this minimal file instead of .fvwm2rc and
     press Ctrl-Alt-X. After doing this I expect some window to get
     focus, instead another window [which one?] is focused.

Also please name all things their own names. You say "list", "fvwmlist",
"fvwmwinlist", do you mean FvwmWinList in all cases or something else?

BTW, try:

  Style FvwmWinList NeverFocus

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Joolz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 23:51:43 +0100

> [Mikhael Goikhman schreef op 03-01-2004 14:10 +0000]
>

Hm, yes. Sorry for my clumsy formulation

>   Style FvwmWinList NeverFocus

That's it. Thanks!

-- 
23:50-23:51