Subject: FVWM: Variable title of FvwmScript

From: Uwe Pross <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 15:17:31 +0100

Hi there,

I wrote a simple FvwmSript which controls and displays the
status of an isdn interface. I planed to invoke this script
several times with different script arguments for different
internet providers. E.g.

Module FvwmScript isdn.FvwmScript providername1 ippp0 ippp5
Module FvwmScript isdn.FvwmScript providername2 ippp1 ippp6
Module FvwmScript isdn.FvwmScript providername3 ippp2 ippp7

I tried to make the window title generic to get the
different script-module swallowed by FvwmButtons. But when
using a line like:

WindowTitle (GetScriptArgument 1)

I got a parse error from the module. It seems that the
windows title can be a fixed string only. 

Is this true? If so, is there a way to have different
versions of the same script running and get them swallowed
by FvwmButtons?

As always, thanks in advance.

Cheers, Uwe
-- 
  ,_,   For personal reply/mail put "fvwm"
 (O,O)  in the subject.
 (   )  Otherwise I won't receive your mail.
--"-"----------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 17:57:16 +0100

> windows title can be a fixed string only. 

Yes, unfortunately this is a "grave" miss feature. At multip times
I thought to implemented ChangeTitle 0 str, but never do it ...

> versions of the same script running and get them swallowed

I think that there is a real bug here. FvwmButtons seems troubled when
it has to swallow 1 apps (or more) with "name" foo and when 2 windows
(or more) with the name "foo" map or are already mapped.

Regards, Olivier