Subject: FVWM: Icon positioning?

From: "Henrik 'Snout' Isacsson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:58:54 +0100 (CET)

Hi! I'm wondering - can an icon be positioned when a program starts up?
That is, can I when starting, for instance, an xterm, tell fvwm that I
want just this program's icon to be placed _here_ on screen. (And starting
another xterm, I can tell fvwm to position its icon someplace else?)

So I guess my question is, can I position individual icons where I'd like
them?

This would be for use in a startup script, to give me the same desktop
every time, with a number of already-started programs iconified and placed
where I like them, both windows and their icons.

Thanks in advance,
Henrik
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 19:52:48 +0000

> Hi! I'm wondering - can an icon be positioned when a program starts up?

  Style XTerm-with-name1 StartIconic

> So I guess my question is, can I position individual icons where I'd like

  Style XTerm-with-name1 IconBox ...

> where I like them, both windows and their icons.

This is what a session manager (like xsm, gnome-session or ksmserver) is
designed for. fvwm should cooperate well with it (in theory) regarding
placing icons and windows in the same position they were the last time
you saved the session.

Regards,
Mikhael.