Subject: FVWM: no kb input in mozilla-firebird if title is removed before loading webpage

From: Micha Feigin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 17:38:34 +0200

I have a strange behavior in mozilla-firebird. If I change the title
theme to noTitle before I load a webpage then mozilla-firebird stops
responding to keyboard input. If I first load a webpage (any webpage)
and only then change the theme to noTitle then everything is fine.
Any idea to whats causing this?
(I tried doing it both from the keyboard short cut and a menu entry)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "S. Anderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:41:14 -0700

> (I tried doing it both from the keyboard short cut and a menu entry)

Mozilla stops responding to my keyboard input sometimes. It seems
to happen to me randomly, I can't reproduce it with your instructions..

To get keyboard input back, I just click Edit -> Find in this page...
in the mozilla menu bar, and type something. after that keyboard input
is restored...

Can you try to send more detailed instructions, like the actual fvwm
commands you used to to reproduce this.?

cya,
sa

---

From: Kingsly John <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:23:05 +0530

> in the mozilla menu bar, and type something. after that keyboard input

This is not a fvwm bug ... people are experiencing this bug on windows too!

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=216288

Kingsly

---

From: Micha Feigin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 04:52:21 +0200

> commands you used to to reproduce this.?

I use the following function:

DestroyFunc title-bar-toggle
AddToFunc title-bar-toggle
+ "I" ThisWindow (State 11) WindowStyle Title
+ "I" TestRc (!Match) WindowStyle !Title
+ "I" State 11 toggle

Assigned to a kb shortcut A-C-Ins and to a menu item to remove the
title from a window (maximize screen usage, small laptop 14" lcd).

When used to remove the title from mozilla-firebird when it first comes
up (just started, including quit and restart) then the keyboard stops
responding. Restoring the title bar restores the keyboard.
I set it up to start by default with a blank page, no home page. If
after starting I load a page and only then remove the title bar then
everything works fine.
fvwm version is 2.5.9 mozilla-firebird version 1.5 system is debian
unstable.

---

From: Erik Steffl <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 23:30:04 -0800

> commands you used to to reproduce this.?

   I have similar problem, it looks like sometime mozilla's focus is on 
strange widget (not sure where) that does not do anything, once I click 
on something that accepts keyboard then it works.

   another example is mail window - let's say focus is in index (list of 
emails), then I do something that changes focus to another window (e.g. 
popup or another app), when mozilla gets focus back the currently 
selected widget is not the same, almost no keyboard input works except 
of arrow up or down changes focus back to index (the border around list 
becomes bold, the current message gets active color etc.)

   happens under linux and freebsd... not sure if it has anything to do 
with fvwm, the window seems to get focus, just not the right widget...

	erik

---

From: Gert Brinkmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:12:32 +0100

> http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=216288

I have this problem in icewm and fvwm. But in fvwm it seems to happen 
more often. Also MozillaFirbird seems to have this problem more often 
than the normal Mozilla.

In icewm it helps to change the desktop and return back. In fvwm this 
does not help. Here I have to open a new mozilla window and close the 
old one. This does not help every time, but in most cases.

Gert

---

From: stu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:15:41 +0200

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:12:32 +0100

> more often. Also MozillaFirbird seems to have this problem more often 

Funnily enough, I have ditched mozilla and started using
mozilla-firebird because of this very same problem. It is apparently
caused by using a certain kind (?) of drop-down menu in mozilla.
mozilla-firebird has worked perfectly for me so far . . . 

-- 
Stuart Logie
Programmer

UNIVERSAL COMPUTER SERVICES (PTY) LTD
A member of South Africa's largest retail software vendor, the UCS Group

Tel : (011) 712 1371   Cell : 082 902 5632
Fax : (011) 339 3421
Internet : http://ucs.co.za

"I am the Unconquerable Spirit."
               -- Poet Unknown
   
Powered by Debian GNU/Linux - testing/unstable

---

From: Thomas Adam <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:31:16 +0000 (GMT)

> mozilla-firebird has worked perfectly for me so far . . . 

"mozilla-firebird" is debian specific though, and I believe it is patched.

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"The Linux Weekend Mechanic" -- http://linuxgazette.net
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net

"<shrug> We'll just save up your sins, Thomas, and punish 
you for all of them at once when you get better. The 
experience will probably kill you. :)"

 -- Benjamin A. Okopnik (Linux Gazette Technical Editor)

________________________________________________________________________
Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" 
your friends today! Download Messenger Now 
http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jeremy Whetzel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 07:45:34 -0600

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:31:16 +0000 (GMT)

> "mozilla-firebird" is debian specific though, and I believe it is

Actually, I run it on FreeBSD, and my wife runs it under windows. 
Before that, I ran it on Gentoo.  It's as "cross-platform" as mozilla
itself...

Jeremy

---

From: stu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:18:04 +0200

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:15:41 +0200
stu <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > I have this problem in icewm and fvwm. But in fvwm it seems to
> > happen more often. Also MozillaFirbird seems to have this problem
> > more often than the normal Mozilla.
> 

Until now that is. mozilla-firebird has started giving me the same
problems . . . :(

-- 
Stuart Logie
Programmer