Subject: Re: FVWM: slow opaque window moving

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 11:44:02 +0100

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 02:27:35AM +0100, Redeeman wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 02:09, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> > On 28 Dec 2003 23:08:29 +0100, Redeeman wrote:
> > > 
> > > hi, i am using fvwm 2.5.8 under gentoo linux.
> > > i have configured my fvwm to use opaque moving. but there is a little
> > > problem, when i press the titlebar, and drag with the window, its all
> > > slow, i mean, laggy, it doesent move smooth like in other window
> > > managers, but if i press alt + leftmouse in the middle of the window,
> > > and drags, its 100% smooth. any idea how i make it become smooth when i
> > > just drag by press on the titlebar?
> > 
> > I think, I can reproduce this, although I should move a window around
> > really quicky and concentrate my sight to see a difference. Seems like
> > the move from the titlebar is handled a bit differently. This may or may
> > not do something with the fact that the titlebar is in ActiveDown state
> > in one case and in ActiveUp in another. So, one type of move is too slow
> > and therefore some X events are thrown away, and you see a jumpy effect.
> > 
> > If your configuration makes the problem clearly reproducible without any
> > concentration efforts, please try to minimize it to several fvwm commands
> > (run: "fvwm -f minimal-rc" or "Restart fvwm -f minimal-rc") and post it.
> if i do this, i cant reproduce it be 1 reason, i get some strange
> config, where opaque moving is disabled with windows of a reasonable
> size..

Of course you have to generate a "minimal-rc" config file first
and put it in the .fvwm2rc directory.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 11:06:03 +0000

> and put it in the .fvwm2rc directory.

Dominik meant ~/.fvwm/ directory.

Regards,
Mikhael.