Subject: FVWM: WindowList stack

From: Hans Fugal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:20:59 -0700

I like the most-recently-used stack method of window cycling popularized
by that other OS. I know this is a FAQ for FVWM, and several 'solutions'
have been proposed in the FAQ and the archives, but I'm not happy with
any of them. The crux of the problem is that the alt-tab sequence must
either do focus or flipfocus. What I really want to do is have alt-tab
do focus, and then when alt is released after doing several alt-tab
*then* do a flipfocus. As if I had picked it from the window list, but I
don't like the window list (which of those 10 xterms did I want?  that's
no help) However, if there was some visual indication as to which window
the windowlist entry under the cursor was referring to, that would be
good enough.

In short, I want to switch to a window with the keyboard and bring it to
the top of the windowlist without messing up the windowlist order in the
process.

Can this be done?

-- 
 .O.  Hans Fugal            | De gustibus non disputandum est.
 ..O  http://hans.fugal.net | Debian, vim, mutt, ruby, text, gpg
 OOO                        | WindowMaker, gaim, UTF-8, RISC, JS Bach
---------------------------------------------------------------------
GnuPG Fingerprint: 6940 87C5 6610 567F 1E95  CB5E FC98 E8CD E0AA D460