Subject: FVWM: FvwmTaskBar: MailBox

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:11:14 +0100

Hello all,

I wonder how the new mail lookup function in FvwmTaskBar works exactly
and if I could use it with my email client sylpheed-claws: Sylpheed puts
new mail to a the folder ~/.mail/inbox but due to mail filters also to
other folders. How would FvwmTaskBar notify new mail?

In case that there is no way to make FvwmTaskBar work with Sylpheed I'd
like to make a enhancement request...: Since a lot of email clients
offer a way to configure a new mail command the only thing missing in
FvwmTaskBar would be a command to show the new mail icon.

Felix
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 08:03:10 -0500

> I wonder how the new mail lookup function in FvwmTaskBar works exactly

The man page explains what it does, it looks for data in
/var/spool/mail/$USER_LOGIN

> other folders. How would FvwmTaskBar notify new mail?

It can't.

> FvwmTaskBar would be a command to show the new mail icon.

I did some searching and didn't find "a lot of email clients
offer a way to configure a new mail command".
I see gkrellm has a mailcheck plugin...

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Kingsly John <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 01:55:10 +0530

> /var/spool/mail/$USER_LOGIN

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to check $MAIL ?

and MAILPATH in case of multiple mailboxes multiple mailboxes.

(This is where bash checks for info... not sure about the other shells.)

Kingsly