Subject: FVWM: window switching binding setup

From: Micha Feigin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 03:06:41 +0200

Hello,

I want to set up the alt-tab key binding that switches among the windows on the
current page to only show the window names as long as alt is still press
and cycle through them with tab, and only when both are released to
actualy switch to the window.
The is pressing alt-tab will show the name of the next window in the
cycle ring but not switch to it. Releasing and pressing tab while still
holding alt will switch to the next name on the list, and only when
releasing them both then the window will actually be switched to.
It could also be nice to show the entire list of available windows and
cycle through the list this way.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 12:14:02 +0000

> cycle through the list this way.

It seems like you redefined the built-in binding for Alt-Tab.
If this is the case, then remove your own binding.

The built-in Alt-Tab binding does what you request as far as I can see.
I.e. it shows all windows in the menu (you may limit it to the windows on
the current page only, see the man page) and lets you to cycle using Tab,
and switches to a window when both Tab and Alt are released.

Otherwise provide a better explanation of what you want and try fvwm with
empty config, just to see that you indeed get the built-in Alt-Tab.

Regards,
Mikhael.