Subject: FVWM: 2.2 -> 2.4 upgrade

From: Perry Hutchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 17:04:54 -0800 (PST)

After a system upgrade from Red Hat 6.2 to 9.0, which upgraded FVWM
from 2.2.4 to 2.4.16, I am trying to convert my .fvwm2rc file.
The fvwm24_convert script did part of the job, but complains about
placement styles and refers to the man page.  The man page describes
what to do with several combinations, but not with these:

  Style "*"      RandomPlacement, SmartPlacement
  Style "xcalc"  Icon xcalc.xpm, NoButton 2,RandomPlacement,ClickToFocus
  Style "xmh"    RandomPlacement, NoButton 2
  Style "xman"   Icon xman.xpm, RandomPlacement, ClickToFocus
  Style "xmag"   Icon mag_glass.xpm, RandomPlacement, ClickToFocus
  Style "xgraph" Icon graphs.xpm, RandomPlacement, ClickToFocus

Also, I have a lot of decors similar to this:

  AddToDecor FvwmCons HilightColor black green

which apparently should change to

  AddToDecor FvwmCons HilightFore black, HilightBack green

This looks like a simple enough transformation to have been done
automatically, and the script did convert a standalone

  HilightColor black yellow

to

  Style "*" HilightFore black, HilightBack yellow

but it did not convert HilightColor within AddToDecor or even comment
on what should be done.  Is there something more to it?
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].