Subject: FVWM: Appearance of checkboxes in FvwmScript

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:16:24 +0100 (CET)

I started working on cleaning up my configuration. Then I decided I might
as well replace my dynamic config menus with FvwmScript applets.

But I'm wondering if checkboxes are really supposed to look like this:
http://www.update.uu.se/~ml/snapshot-031123.png

The thing I find strang is that the shadow on the bottom of the checkboxes
is missing.
This is the CVS version compiled maybe a couple of weeks ago.
(I tried moving widgets below down to ensure it's not an overwring
problem)

//Marcus

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:54:02 +0100

> http://www.update.uu.se/~ml/snapshot-031123.png

When I try to load this page I get:

**

Sorry

You were looking for:

/~ml/snapshot-031123.png

Our web server couldn't find that resource here at Update's World Wide Web server.

....

**

Regards, Olivier

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 12:00:33 +0100 (CET)

> > http://www.update.uu.se/~ml/snapshot-031123.png

Oops, it should be
http://www.update.uu.se/~ml/snapshot-031223.png

(took the screenshot today..)
Sorry.

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 12:28:35 +0100

> http://www.update.uu.se/~ml/snapshot-031223.png

It seems that some widgets intersect. What happen if you put more
space around the checkbox. If this is not the problem, can you send
me your script.

Regards, Olivier

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 18:07:35 +0100 (CET)

> space around the checkbox. If this is not the problem, can you send
Actually this will have to wait until Monday probably.
I went away, and decided to turn off my machine, so I can't reach the
files at the moment.

//Marcus

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 23:12:58 +0100 (CET)

> space around the checkbox. If this is not the problem, can you send

I changed the font. Now the widgets look like they should.
(FvwmScript apperantly doesn't use DefaultFont, so "fixed" font is used,
which apperanlty on my system douesn't play well with the layouting
checkbox widgets > 

//Marcus