Subject: FVWM: window switching order (A-tab)

From: Micha Feigin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 02:59:59 +0200

How do I make A-tab switch windows by last focus order instead of
creation time order when using sloppy focus?
I tried using the FPSortWindowlistByFocus style as appearing in the man
page but I guess I am not putting it in the right place since it doesn't
seem to do anything.
I am using version 2.5.8

Thanx
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 12:10:56 +0000

> page but I guess I am not putting it in the right place since it doesn't

It seems like you redefined the built-in binding for Alt-Tab.
If this is the case, then remove your own binding.

The built-in Alt-Tab binding does what you request as far as I can see.
I.e. it sorts the windows by focus in WindowList with SloppyFocus.

Otherwise provide a better explanation of what you want and try fvwm with
empty config, just to see that you indeed get the built-in Alt-Tab.

Regards,
Mikhael.