Subject: FVWM: Screenshot submission and a request.

From: "mulo75\@libero\.it" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:34:17 +0100

Hi all. I use Fvwm2 from 2000 with great satisfaction and I want to thank all
the developers of this excellent window manager.
I work on a notebook and in three years I refined my fvwm2rc file to the best
fitting my needs. I think that it could be usefull for other people using
notebooks, too.
My screenshot to submit is:
http://web.tiscali.it/mulopage/WireFrame2.png

It's a sort of blackboxish look, inspired by the WireFrame theme for Gkrellm.

A request: there are many beautifull screenshot in the screenshot section, but
it would be nice to have the fvwm2rc files, too. Can you include them?
Mine is at
http://web.tiscali.it/mulopage/fvwm2.html

Bye.
Francesco

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason Weber <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:55:36 -0800

I don't believe the snapshot page accepts configurations that aren't
excessively flashy.  It would seem that setups optimized to be precise
and efficient don't explicitly portray the multitude of options all at once.
I find being able to have a highly functional WM with a minimum of clutter
to be the true test of flexibility.

I say this because I know someone who had his snapshot rejected because
it was too plain, so I didn't even try (it was similar to mine at the time).

Here's an old picture of mine, not to submit, but as an example:
http://www.imonk.com/baboon/FvwmProxy/screenshot/FvwmProxy20021014.gif

That is a 12-hour/day desktop.  In a pinch, you can even use the background
to measure things like with a ruler, at least approximately (8x8, 64x64).

Personally I'd really like to see clever tricks meant to clean up the
desktop instead of add more noise.  I tried transparent shells for about
two minutes to realize I really didn't want things showing through into
what I'm trying to read.

-- 
  _
 ( \      _  \    /_ /  _ _  Jason Weber                  Oceanside, CA
  \|(\/)()))  \/\/(-/_)(-/(  http://www.imonk.com/baboon  [email-masked]
  //                                                      [email-masked]
 (/