Subject: FVWM: have close-button not disappear

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:29:13 +0100

Hello y'all,

first let me say that I like fvwm a lot!

My little problem is that some windows (especially some popups in my
browser and other windows which are opened from within applications
automatically to show status information or what ever etc.) hide the
close button on the right of my title bar. Sure, this is sometimes ok
but often it appears with windows which SHOULD have a close button (like
these popups etc, see above).

Therefore I craeted another button on the very left of the title bar
which opens a little menu with "close" as an item in it. This works
always but I wonder why this button stays while the original close
button is hidden somethimes! It's a workaround and I'd like to change
it.

What could I do?

Thanks
 Felix
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:38:15 -0500

> button is hidden somethimes! It's a workaround and I'd like to change

The application is probably trying to hide a different button with an
MWM hint--if you've changed your button configuration from fvwm's
default, you should also tell it how it should be affected by the mwm
hints with ButtonStyle # - MwmDecor[Something], e.g. 'ButtonStyle 4 -
MwmDecorMin' if your iconify button is button 4.

Search the man page for MwmDecorMenu to find the list of MwmDecor*
button styles.

-- 
Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:35:11 +0000

> button is hidden somethimes! It's a workaround and I'd like to change

http://fvwm.org/documentation/faq/#3.22

Regards,
Mikhael.