Subject: FVWM: A slightly different auto-raise

From: Chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 18:12:39 -0500

Hello everyone!  I've become very fond of FVWM -- despite brief stints
with other windowmanagers, I always seem to come back...

 Currently I'm running fvwm 2.4.10, with a greatly hacked version of the
OSX theme, along with FvwmAuto and FvwmPager.  I love SloppyFocus, with
one exception -- I want FvwmAuto to act as if I was using
FocusFollowsMouse.  That is, I want the focus to stay on a window if I
move into the root window, but I want it to be raised only if the mouse
pointer stays in it longer than a certain period of time (say 800ms).
This is mostly to avoid having all sorts of things jump to the top as I
move the pointer across the screen to something else that won't grab
focus (like the pager).

 I saw some information on a Schedule command which looked promising,
but I suspect that's only available in version 2.5+.  Is there a way I
can accomplish this with the stable version I've got?  Has someone
already put together a way to do this?

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:37:47 -0700 (MST)

Module FvwmAuto 800 "Raise"

-- 
J. Marty Anderies
Department of Biology and Center for Environmental Studies
Arizona State University
PO Box 873211
Tempe, AZ 85287-3211
(480) 965-8712/6518 FAX: (480) 965-8087
E-mail: [email-masked]