Subject: FVWM: ManualPlacement behaving oddly

From: Shay Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 08:41:35 -0600

Thank you everyone for the help so far. I have everything looking and 
behaving very nicely except for one issue. ManualPlacement does not work 
on some applications, including xterm.

Also, I created a checker style (TWM titlebar hilight style) pigment by 
creating a four pixel checkered pixmap. Is this the only way. My 
titlebars look great, but I would like to know if I can make my .fvwm2rc 
more portable by eliminating the need for an external pixmap.

Thank you again for your help. I started switching to TWM intermittently 
(from KDE) whenever I needed extra RAM for Pov-Ray renders. I liked how 
manual placement and mouse focus allowed me to view reference materials 
and notes while working, something which had always been cumbersome in 
Windows and KDE. I also liked how the green (rgb:22/aa/99) titlebars 
looked better than anything else with what I consider the most 
attractive applications ever, Abiword and Pan. So, I began using TWM 
even when I did not need the extra RAM, but never felt right about using 
software without an active development cycle. With your help, I have now 
gotten FVWM looking and working even better than TWM.

 -Shay

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].