Subject: FVWM: PS from Knuth

From: Maggie McLoughlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 00:14:38 -0800

Dear FVWM,

I forgot to mention that I tried to download both "fvwm-2.4.17-l.i386.rpm"
and "fvwm-2.4.17-l.src.rpm" from "fvwm-themes.sourceforge.net/rpm/",
using Netscape (in both "text" and "source" modes, whatever those mean)
and also Internet Explorer. But the files downloaded were only 13K bytes
long, obviously broken. So then I got the tar.gz file, unzipped it and
did ./configure, make, and make install: No problems at all.
[This was with a fairly recent version of Redhat Linux.]

Cheers, Don Knuth
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 14:09:34 +0000

> [This was with a fairly recent version of Redhat Linux.]

Please follow the links rather then download [the 13K html].

After choosing the mirror closest to you, the download should be started
automatically. Or alternativelly you will be provided with a download
link if the download is not started automatically in your browser.

Regards,
Mikhael.