Subject: FVWM: Transparency

From: Marcin Głogowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 17:07:10 +0100

Hallo,
I have several questions:
1) Is it possible to have transparent menu, window title or any of the 
fvwm window item?
2) How to change color of the menu borders, triangles (also when the 
menu item with the triangle is selected)?
Thank You very much for the help.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 21:49:04 +0000

> 1) Is it possible to have transparent menu, window title or any of the 

Yes, this is possible using Colorset functionality in fvwm 2.5.x.
Examples were posted on this list in the past.

> menu item with the triangle is selected)?

This is possible using Colorset functionality in both 2.4.x and 2.5.x.

Please read about the Colorset functionality and syntax in fvwm and
FvwmTheme man pages.

In 2.4.x you should run a special module FvwmTheme to work with
colorsets, in 2.5.x you don't need to do this. In both, you may use
"Colorset <n> options" syntax, rather than old "*FvwmTheme: Colorset <n>
options" syntax.

I hope you will be able to do what you want after reading the
documentation. You may also investigate fvwm-themes configurations (any
version), it is fully colorset based and has a lot of examples.

Regards,
Mikhael.