Subject: FVWM: Adapting fvwm_themes for my needs

From: Thomas Preissler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 14:17:53 +0100

Hello folks,

I want to modify the redmond98 theme for my needs, e.g. increasing
number of workspaces, switch off the button bar and such things.

Is it possible that I do not have to modify the theme directly,
'cause I am afraid of updateing the theme then.

Is it possible that I can write down my modifications in
~/.fvwm/..., so an update dos not interfere my configuration?

I already use ~/.fvwm/themes/personal for starting programs on
different screens and so on...

Greets,
Tom
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 14:28:19 +0000

> different screens and so on...

Create a directory for your tomas_redmond98 theme (or just tomas) and
place the components you want to modify into it.

You may read about how to create your own themes in the documentation
supplied with fvwm-themes. It is just copy file/dir, modify, refresh.

If you still have problems, ask on fvwm-themes-users list.

Regards,
Mikhael.