Subject: FVWM: can't swallow?

From: Wendell Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:08:11 -0500

How does the 'Swallow' operation work?  I've tried to replace
the stock xlcock with that one with the fish in it (wmfishtime),
but the wmfishtime always starts on the desktop with borders
(not in the FvwmButtons window).  I've tried various
combinations of geometry and Hints/NoHints, with no success.
Any suggestions?  (The bubblemon-dockapp-1.41 also works this
way, starting on the desktop rather than being swallowed).

#---------- attempt to replace xclock...

*FvwmButtons: (Frame 2, \
        Swallow "wmfishtime" `Exec exec wmfishtime -b  \
        -padding 1 -update 1`)

#---------- original xclock...
#*FvwmButtons: (Frame 2, \
#        Swallow(NoHints) "xclock" `Exec exec xclock -geometry
#        +5000+5000 \
#        -bg $$[bg.cs13] -fg $$[fg.cs13] -hd $$[shadow.cs13] \
#        -hl $$[hilight.cs13] -padding 1 -update 1`)

Wendell

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 04:26:28 +0000

>         Swallow "wmfishtime" `Exec exec wmfishtime -b  \

(I have mail problems, so it is possible someone already answered.)

wmfishtime sets the name "fishmon", not "wmfishtime" that you use above,
this is why it is not swallowed. Use FvwmIdent module or xwininfo from
shell to read the window names.

Regards,
Mikhael.