Subject: FVWM: popup menu position

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:14:34 +0100

Hi friends,

I've got two questions and would be pleased if somebody could tell me
right commands:

(1) How do I configure *all* popup sub menus to appear *next to* the
root window on the right and not covering it to the half?

(2) How do I set the color of that outer part of the window border which
appears if the border is not configured as flat but rised?

Thanks!!
 Felix
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:07:34 +0000

> root window on the right and not covering it to the half?

MenuStyle * PopupOffset -3 100

> appears if the border is not configured as flat but rised?

You should be more specific, in the previous question you used the word
"window" to mean "menu", do you speak here about menus or windows?

Anyway, border color in the raised (3d-like) look is configured using
colorset attributes: shadow and hilight. You should use colorsets to
define all your colors (menus, windows, modules). Something like:

  MenuStyle * MenuColorset 5, ActiveColorset 6, GreyedColorset 7

  Colorset 5 fg blue4, bg grey77, hi grey90, sh grey57, Plain, NoShape

You may save time of reading documentation if you take a look at examples
of different configuration parts used in fvwm-themes.

Regards,
Mikhael.