Subject: Re: FVWM: No decorations w/ Mozilla under Tru64

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 12:37:23 +0100

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 04:12:14PM -0500, Jason White wrote:
> Greetings,
>   I'm currently running fvwm-2.4.17 under Compaq Tru64 unix 4.x.  For a 
> while now my mozilla windows havn't been getting any decorations or show 
> up in the window list.  Occasionally, one of the dialog windows does get 
> decorations, but most of them don't.  I have no Style settings my rc 
> file that would prohibit this, and I'm at a loss to explain why it 
> doesn't even show up in my window list.
> 
> Any ideas?

Try running fvwm without a configuration file at all.  Does it
still happen?

  $ fvwm -f /dev/null

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason White <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:48:19 -0600

>Try running fvwm without a configuration file at all.  Does it

  Nope, doesn't happen anymore.  Hmm...confusing.  I'm using the osx 
theme from fvwm-themes-extra-0.6.0.  My assumption is that there's a 
Style directive that's causing this, but I've looked through all my 
config files and can't figure out what's causing this.  Odd thing is 
that it doesn't happen to all Mozilla windows.  Just the main browser 
window and one other which I can't immediately recall.

Thanks for the advice.
-Jason
-- 
Jason White ([email-masked])  http://www.jdwhite.org/~jdwhite
Jabber:[email-masked] <=preferred  IRC:irc.netbsd.org/{jdwhite,jdw}
AIM:jdwhite90125  Yahoo:jdwhite89
GPG KeyID: 0x74CF850D/1F57 465A 1357 BA39 2BEF  5629 6E1C 2B20 74CF 850D
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 22:41:45 +0000

On 05 Nov 2003 15:48:19 -0600, Jason White wrote:
> >>   I'm currently running fvwm-2.4.17 under Compaq Tru64 unix 4.x. 
> >> For a while now my mozilla windows havn't been getting any
> >> decorations or show up in the window list.  Occasionally, one of the
> >> dialog windows does get decorations, but most of them don't.  I have
> >> no Style settings my rc file that would prohibit this, and I'm at a
> >> loss to explain why it doesn't even show up in my window list.
> >

It is not clear from your message whether you use fvwm-themes (and which
version) or just copied some configuration from it.

If you do use fvwm-themes, then run "fvwm-themes-config -e | grep ^Style
| less" from command line to see all style lines.

I guess there is something like:

  Style "FvwmButtons" NoTitle, WindowListSkip, CirculateSkip

and your mozilla window happens to have the title named "FvwmButtons".
(This is only an example.)

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 09:38:12 +0100

> window and one other which I can't immediately recall.

If you can't find the guilty lines, strip down your config file
systematically until the problem does not occur anymore.  Also,
you may use FvwmIdent to find out the name of the windows that do
not have a title.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^