Subject: FVWM: fvwm and gnome properties

From: Norman Walsh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 20:53:42 -0500

I'm running fvwm 2.5.7 and Gnome 2.4. I have fvwm setup as my window manager
and everything is fine until I run the gnome property editor
(nautilus preferences://).

That seems to takeover the desktop. Hotkeys still work, but menus and
FvwmBacker don't.

Is it me, or gnome, or fvwm, or...?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

- -- 
Norman Walsh <[email-masked]> | There is no excellent beauty that hath
http://nwalsh.com/            | not some strangeness in the
                              | proportion.--Sir Francis Bacon
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 21:09:42 -0500

Norman Walsh <[email-masked]> writes:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> 

It's Nautilus, it puts an invisible window on the background.
In the preferences editor, you can tell it not to.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: "Paul Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Nov 2003 12:32:59 -0500

You don't need to disable the Nautilus background, I don't think.

This is a quote from the fvwm man page, section "EXTENDED WINDOW MANAGER
HINTS":

> There is a new Context 'D' for the Key, PointerKey, Mouse and Stroke
> commands. This context is for desktop applications (such as kdesktop and
> Nautilus desktop).

So, add "D" to your context for the commands you want enabled on the
desktop window and you should have no problems.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].