Subject: FVWM: FvwmTabs v2.5

From: Scott Smedley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 22:54:10 +1100

Hi all,

A new version of FvwmTabs is available.

You can get it at:

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/scottie7/fvwmtabs.html

ChangeLog:
- Can now use regular expressions when specifying auto-swallow windows.
- New window tabizer dialog for dynamically specifying which windows to swallow.
  (Includes regex matcher.)
- bugfix: strange behaviour after restarts.
- bugfix: release-&-iconify was occasionally invoking a pick operation.
- Note: This version requires the latest version of X11::Protocol (v0.52).
- Note: There is a bug in perllib in FVWM 2.5.8 which can cause FvwmTabs to
  behave strangely during restarts. It has been fixed in FVWM's CVS tree as
  of 20031112.

Note for Xavier & Tavis making FvwmTabs distributions:
My patch to X11::Protocol v0.51 (which was bundled in my own distro
v0.51_2) has been merged into v0.52 so this should be considered the
definitive version of X11::Protocol to use from now on.

SCoTT. :)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:28:26 +0000

> definitive version of X11::Protocol to use from now on.

You may force this if you replace X11::Protocol in the module with:

  X11::Protocol>=0.52

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Scott Smedley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 00:56:00 +1100

> You may force this if you replace X11::Protocol in the module with:

Ah, nice feature! Thanks.

SCoTTie. :)

---

From: Tavis Ormandy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:07:01 +0000

> definitive version of X11::Protocol to use from now on.

Thanks Scott, if anyone using Gentoo would like to try the update, you
can do this:

// fetch the latest updates to the portage tree
# emerge sync

// you need to accept packages marked ~arch (testing), use this command 
// to check everything looks okay and you have all the USE flags set you
// want (you need perl and tcltk set to get FvwmTabs).
# ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86 emerge -pv fvwm
(...)
[ebuild   U   ] dev-perl/X11-Protocol-0.52 [0.51-r2] 
[ebuild   U   ] x11-wm/fvwm-2.5.8-r1 [2.5.8] +readline +truetype +ncurses +gtk +stroke -gnome -rplay -xinerama +perl -nls +png -bidi +imlib +tcltk +debug +gtk2

// if that looks okay...
# ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86 emerge fvwm

-- 
-------------------------------------
[email-masked] | finger me for my gpg key.
-------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].