Subject: Re: FVWM: I am loving this!

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:16:44 +0100

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 04:42:26PM -0700, Catherine Luedecker wrote:
> Well, I am getting closer and closer to a configuration that I like. 
> For me, (as I have mentioned before) I like to know how stuff works and
> not just slap up someone elses config file (although they provide a lot
> of inspiration)
 
> I have one question about images used in titlebars and other panels. 
> There doesnt seem to be a guideline as far as how large an image should
> be in titlebars.  Is there a size that is too big that would possibly
> use too much in the way of resources?

That depends on the resources available on your X server.  On one
hand, rendering images in all title bars might be too slow for
your liking, on the other hands the images consume RAM on the
server (about Width x Height x (Depth / 8) bytes).  So, you should
not put wallpapers in window titles.  Usually, images in titles
are pretty small, but remember that the X server stores a copy of
the original image for each window where it is used as a
background.

> And, I am thinking that I will be using FvwmButtons as my "taskbar"
> since I am not able to get rid of the label from FvwmTaskBar...unless
> someone else knows another way.

Do you mean the window title with "label"?  If so, try

  Style FvwmTaskBar NoTitle

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Catherine Luedecker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 10:19:03 -0800

>   Style FvwmTaskBar NoTitle

I figured it out later that if you dont set any configuration for the
name that you can just use a button. Or use
FvwmTaskBar: NoDefaultStartButton

There are parts of FvwmButtons I like and Parts of FvwmTaskBar that I
like.  Getting closer with each one to get it to do what I want it do
but not quite....will keep working on it.

Thanks!