Subject: FVWM: FvwmButtons and odd sizes

From: Ian Remmler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 12:34:16 -0600

Hi,

I have an FvwmButtons whose ButtonGeometry is 52x52 (so I can
have a relief of 2, and 48x48 icons).  This doesn't evenly divide
my screen width, 1600.  Is there some way to make FvwmButtons be
a particular size that is not a multiple of the ButtonGeometry?
I would like to be able to put a button aligned to the right side
of the screen, but that would not line up on the button grid.

Thanks,
	- Ian.

-- 
Ian Remmler         |  A monk asked Joshu, "Has a dog Buddha nature or not?"
[email-masked]     |  Joshu replied, "Mu!"
http://remmler.org  |                          -- Mumon, "The Gateless Gate"
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Ian Remmler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 12:42:31 -0600

> of the screen, but that would not line up on the button grid.

Well, it just occurred to me that I can set the ButtonGeometry
width and/or height to 1 and adjust the geometry of each button
accordingly.  This works, but internally, is it wasting a lot of
memory or resources?  I don't like to be wasteful. :)

Thanks,
	- Ian.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 09:56:59 +0100

> memory or resources?  I don't like to be wasteful. :)

Don't specify the size of the buttons.  I just have

  *FvwmButtonsGeometry 484x57+0-0
  *FvwmButtonsRows     5
  *FvwmButtonsColumns  60

FvwmButtons figures out the size of the individual buttons on its
own.  Internally, some buttons may be a couple of pixels higher or
wider than others to cover all the space.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^