Subject: Re: FVWM: gdesklets and fvwm

From: "S. Anderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 01:54:18 -0700

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 11:16:00AM -0800, Catherine Luedecker wrote:
> Is there anyone out there using gdesklets with fvwm?  Gdesklets is a fun
> app kinda like karamba and superkaramba for KDE. I have been trying to
> get a few of the applets for it to run and they are kinda wierd when
> using fvwm.  For one they are not completely visable.  It is like part
> of the window is cut off.
> 

that desklet window is kindof cut off for me too, I also tried using them 
with twm, and the desklets moved by themselves! they were trying to get 
away from my mouse pointer. (but they weren't cut off in twm). Anyways, I 
would suggest playing with fvwm's gnome and ewmh styles, they are 
explained in the man page. Not sure if it will help but its worth a try...

cya,
sa

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Catherine Luedecker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 11:19:46 -0800

> explained in the man page. Not sure if it will help but its worth a try...

Well, I was able to keep the desklets from moving...by placing
StaysOnBottom in my Style options

I will look at the gnome and ewmh styles you suggested. 

The other problem I have noticed with the the StarterBar in gdesklets is
that it will only open the last starter on the bar.  A problem I will
ask the gdesklet developer.  Just odd

If I could get FvwmButtons/FvwmAnimate to do bouncing buttons and mouse
over effects I wouldn't bother....have I mentioned how much I like eye
candy?

Thanks for the help