Subject: FVWM: Titlebar buttons in dialogs

From: Piotr Zgorecki <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 17:43:15 +0100

Hi,

I'm using 2.5.7.

I have a problem with titlebar buttons of dialog windows: when a dialog
window pops up, it has the two rightmost buttons stripped off. So it
happens that my rightmost button is the "close" button. I think that this is
the one that ought to stay there, and the rest should be stripped off.
Unfortunately I don't have any other WM to verify that right now, but I
think that's the way things are usually done.

This are my bindings for the buttons:

Mouse 0   1  A Menu Window-Ops
Mouse 0   2  A Close
Mouse 0   4  A Maximize 100 100
Mouse 0   6  A Resize 580p 780p
Mouse 0   8  A Iconify toggle
Mouse 0   0  A Stick toggle

Out of those only 0, 8 and 6 appear in dialog windows. I would expect to
have the "Close" (i.e. the rightmost in a "standard" configuration)
button preserved.

When I revert to the "standard" configuration (the (Iconify, Maximize,
Close) triple), the behavior is the same - only the Iconify button is
visible.

I'm not sure if this is an fvwm issue, but I think I had this close
button visible in other WMs.

Thanks,
Piotr
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 23:39:03 +0000

> button visible in other WMs.

See one of these answers:

  http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/0304/msg00206.html
  http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/0308/msg00076.html
  http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/0308/msg00309.html
  http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/0303/msg00145.html

I think this should be added to FAQ. Dan, can you please do this?

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 19:15:51 -0500

> I think this should be added to FAQ. Dan, can you please do this?

Sure.  I looked in the FAQ and was surprised it wasn't there.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Piotr Zgorecki <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 14:07:21 +0100

>   http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/0303/msg00145.html
Works fine now, thanks a lot.

Regards,
Piotr Zgorecki

P.S. I looked at the manpage and voila, it's all there. It's just hard
to find the information you want in that flat structure, especially if
you don't exactly know what you're looking for. I think you would guys
have a lot less headache with answering such trivial questions if you
just split up the monster-manpage into some sort of structural document.
Anyway, thanks again for the answer and the quality work you do.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].