Subject: FVWM: Some mouse functions works only on releasing mouse-button

From: Tomas Åkesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 15:41:45 +0200 (CEST)

I got this tip because my window borders are so small I can't grab 'em
with the mouse. The configuration below lets the user resize (or move) a
window by clicking inside the window with a modifier (in this case
Meta/Alt).
My problem is that the move/resize-interaction starts when I release the
mouse button, not immideatly when I click, which is not what I want.

Mouse 1     W   M   Move
Mouse 3     W   M   Resize

I have the same problem because I want to move windows by right clicking
the window buttons:
Mouse 3     12468   A     Move

The line above worked as I expected before I changed to Fvwm 2.5.7, I
don't remember exactly which version I had before, but I think it was
2.5.[4-6] something.

/Tomas

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Tomas Åkesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 15:57:27 +0200 (CEST)

Strange, this is not working either:
Mouse 1  T  A  Move

There must be something wrong with my configuration...
If anyone have hints, please tell me, but I think I should look over my
(totally home-made) config a bit too.
/Tomas

---

From: Tomas Åkesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 17:49:42 +0200 (CEST)

Sorry about the spamming, just want to clarify a bit.
Ok, now I have tested and read a bit, it seems my config is ok. And I
found this in the todo-list:
-------
  D.2 Leave or remove the current change to triggering bindings on button
press
      or release?  Seems to irritate a lot of users, but fixes a root
window
      binding bug.
      [dv: added on 29-Mar-2003]
-------

It must be related to my problem, right? In that case, I will stop
bitching :)

Anyway I solved it temporarily by making a function which moves/resizes
the window, and bound it to the mouse-button:

Mouse 3     W   M   Function ResizeWindow
DestroyFunc ResizeWindow
AddToFunc ResizeWindow
+ "M" Resize

/Tomas