Subject: FVWM: background pixmap/image for FvwmTaskBar

From: Catherine Luedecker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 16:08:24 -0700

I thought I may have seen this question before but can't locate in the
archives.

Is it possible to use a tiled pixmap or png image for FvwmTaskBar
background?  Would I need to set up a colorset in FvwmTheme first?  I
want something similar to how it is done in WindowBlinds (yea, I know it
is the product made by Stardock to make Windows look cool)

Thanks
Catherine

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 04:17:25 +0300

On 18 Oct 2003 16:08:24 -0700, Catherine Luedecker wrote:
> background?  Would I need to set up a colorset in FvwmTheme first?

Yes, you should use colorsets. Use this syntax in recent 2.4.x and 2.5.x:

  Colorset 10 TiledPixmap image.xpm, bg average, fg white
  *FvwmTaskBar: Colorset 10

In 2.4.x (only) you should also add line "ModuleSynchronous FvwmTheme"
before colorset definitions.

> I want something similar to how it is done in WindowBlinds (yea, I know
> it is the product made by Stardock to make Windows look cool)

This does not say anything to me.

Regards,
Mikhael.