Subject: FVWM: Saving window placement

From: Schamil Wackenhut <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:36:54 +0200

Hi,

is there any possibility to save the location of a window? So when
i start my X with fvwm, the gaim window (for example) will always
be placed at left bottom corner and when i move it to the right top
corner it should stay there after restarting X.

any hints?

ciao,
schamil
--
fvwm on the rox
http://rootshell.be/~wacke/

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 16:52:33 +0300

> corner it should stay there after restarting X.

There are FvwmSave and FvwmSaveDesk modules, but it is not suggested to
use them, they are likely to be deleted.

Use session managers like xsm, gnome-session or ksmserver.
They are specially designed to do this work.

Regards,
Mikhael.