Subject: FVWM: Various configuration problems

From: jlm <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Oct 2003 16:34:54 -0500

I'm new to fvwm, and I have a number of problems getting it configured
exactly as I want it. If anyone can point me in the right direction for
any of these problems I would appreciate it.

First off, I'd like to have an FvwmIconBox on my second screen
(Xinerama), and whenever I iconify a window, it's icon appears in the
FvwmIconBox. When I click on that icon, it deiconifies, and disappears
from the FvwmIconBox. I do not want to see any icons on the root window.
I also do not want to see any icons in the FvwmIconBox for windows that
are not iconified.

I almost sort of can do this. Here's what I have so far.
I have function that does these two things when I go to iconify a
window:
Iconify true
Style "$[w.resource]" NoIcon

I also have set Style * IconBox none.
Unfortunately when I iconify, say a terminal window, and I have more
than one open, I get on icon for each window in the FvwmIconBox. I
haven't figured out how to do the reverse at all.

My next problem, is that I am trying to create a Vgradient down the
border of my windows, this is what I have tried:
*FvwmTheme: Colorset 2 Vgradient 1000 rgb:00/00/00 rgb:FF/FF/FF
Style * BorderColorset 2

It seems that the border actually takes the color that is a blend of the
first and second colors, as opposed to having a smooth gradient down the
border. Is this even possible?

Finally, my last question. Most of my main windows are maximized on my
primary screen. I have also removed their window borders, as I have no
need to resize, or move them, I simply go to another page of the desktop
if I need some empty space. I would like any additional windows of these
programs to have a border. For example, the main Evolution window is
maximized and borderless. The window in which I type this message is
smaller and on top of the main window. It kind of floats there right
now, because it doesn't have a border. I'm not sure how to get the kind
of fine grain control out of the style command to be able to put a
border on all Evolution windows except the "main" one.

Thanks for any help.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].