Subject: FVWM: Buttons changing with desktop?

From: Louis Rayman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:09:24 -0400 (EDT)

hello,

I have a single button that move me to the next desk:
*FvwmButtons: (Title ">>", Back red, Fore white, Action(Mouse 1) "Desk +1 0 0 3")

Is there a way to have the button change it's background (or text or icon or...) along with the desktop? i.e. red for desk 1, blue for 2, etc?

thanks!
--
Lou

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 14:45:36 +0000

On 24 Oct 2003 10:09:24 -0400, Louis Rayman wrote:
> Is there a way to have the button change it's background (or text or
> icon or...) along with the desktop? i.e. red for desk 1, blue for 2,
> etc?

If your button content should not be changed, but buttons should use
different colors, then simply define separate colors for your buttons.
This may be done with or without colorsets (red for desk 1, blue for 2).

In 2.5.x it is possible to dynamically change the button's Title and
Icon, assign Id to a button and issue this command:

  SendToModule FvwmButtons ChangeButton id1 Title "^^"

Or use the button order number as the button id.

See FvwmButtons man page if you have more questions.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 14:50:51 +0000

> This may be done with or without colorsets (red for desk 1, blue for 2).

To clarify. I mean here, if you have different buttons, for example 4
buttons, one per desk. This may or may not be what you have.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Louis Rayman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:53:42 -0400

thanks :-) - now i have to upgrade from 2.5.2 :-(