Subject: FVWM: Dynamically changing styles for icons

From: Andy Arbon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:28:01 +0100

Hello,

I'd like to be able to have the background of the text for certain xterm
icons be different colours to others, to make it easier to find them
when minimised - in this case to make it easier to tell root terms from
user terms.

This is no problem - I can do it with a Style line. The problem is that
if I 'su' in a normal terminal FVWM doesn't change the style for that
xterm to the root term style.

The title bars of my xterms begin with text in the form
'(<user>@<hostname>)' which updates after an su, but FVWM doesn't react
to the change.

Is there any way to make FVWM change the style for a window without
restarting it?

Cheers,

Andy

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 01:47:47 +0300

> Is there any way to make FVWM change the style for a window without

Yes, manually issue Recapture. Or RecaptureWindow for individual windows.

There is also an automatic solution using FvwmEvent.

Regards,
Mikhael.