Subject: FVWM: FvwmTaskBar and Colorsets

From: Catherine Luedecker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:46:22 -0700

Hi, it is me yet again....I am having trouble 

I want to use a image (png) for FvwmTaskBar and it is my understanding
that I would need to set up a colorset to do this.  However, it never
seems to "take"

Colorset 10 Tiledpixmap image.png, fg black

Is this not the right way?

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 04:22:41 +0300

> Is this not the right way?

What fvwm version?

What your relevant FvwmTaskBar config?

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Catherine Luedecker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:06:51 -0700

I am using fvwm-2.5.7

Here is my Taskbar config:
#

Style "FvwmTaskBar" NoTitle,BorderWidth 0, HandleWidth 0,Sticky,\
StaysOnTop,WindowListSkip,CirculateSkip

#------------------------------------ taskbar
*FvwmTaskBar: Colorset 14
*FvwmTaskBar: TipsBack white
*FvwmTaskBar: TipsFore black
*FvwmTaskBar: Geometry +0-0
*FvwmTaskBar: Font -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*FvwmTaskBar: SelFont -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*FvwmTaskBar: StatusFont fixed

*FvwmTaskBar: Action Click1 DeiconifyRaiseAndFocus
*FvwmTaskBar: Action Click2 Iconify On
*FvwmTaskBar: Action Click3 Lower

*FvwmTaskBar: UseSkipList
*FvwmTaskBar: UseIconNames
*FvwmTaskBar: AutoStick
*FvwmTaskBar: AutoHide
*FvwmTaskBar: ShowTips
*FvwmTaskBar: NoIconAction SendToModule FvwmAnimate animate
*FvwmTaskBar: WindowButtonsLeftMargin 8

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 05:22:21 +0300

> *FvwmTaskBar: TipsFore black

Please don't post before the quotes.

Seems ok although it is better not to mix the Back/Fore method and
Colorset.

Did you define colorset 14 at all, or only colorset 10?

Do you have png support, check with fvwm-root?

Do you have readable image.png in your ImagePager?

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Catherine Luedecker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 20:09:41 -0700

> Do you have readable image.png in your ImagePager?

Sorry, didnt realize this was bad.... :(

I have png support built in, colorset 14 is set ( was just using
colorset 10 as an example earlier although it too is defined.)  

I am not entirely sure if I am just having ImagePath issues or if I am
if I just dont know what I am doing.

I have been playing around with an FvwmButtons configuration that
someone here had done and I like the way it looks but I thought I might
like FvwmTaskbar better for the autohiding capabilities and i like for
my buttons to look pressed in....doing some google searching, it looks
like it can be done with FvwmAuto?  Any way,

But sometimes, the icons I used would show up and sometimes they
didn't....

Can't figure it out...will continue to work on it. Which is why I
wondered if perhaps I was using colorsets incorrectly

Thank you for the help.
Catherine