Subject: FVWM: Transient on top of transient - can't raise older transient

From: Jeff Wilson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:53:24 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

I have a program which creates transient windows, and I'm running into
a bit of a problem with it.  At times the program will create more
than one transient window.  The later transient window will obscure the
previous one, and there seems to be no way to bring the older transient
window into the foreground.  

Are there style options I can use for this program which will allow the
older transient to be brought to the foreground when that window is clicked?  
The program is using the following Style settings:

Style Ensite3000        Title,NoHandles,MWMBorder,BorderWidth 7,DecorateTransient

I've tried adding MouseFocusClickRaises and ClickToFocusRaises, but neither
helped.

Thank You,

-- 
Jeff Wilson
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:17:53 +0200

> Style Ensite3000        Title,NoHandles,MWMBorder,BorderWidth 7,DecorateTransient

Try the styles !RaiseTransient, !LowerTransient or
!StackTransientParent.

(Replace the '!' with "Dont" for fvwm-2.5.3 or earlier).

> I've tried adding MouseFocusClickRaises and ClickToFocusRaises, but neither

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Jeff Wilson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:33:29 -0500 (CDT)

> (Replace the '!' with "Dont" for fvwm-2.5.3 or earlier).

Thanks for the help Dominik.  The combination of RaiseTransient and 
DontStackTransientParent was what worked for me.