Subject: FVWM: FvwmForm & the TimeOut command

From: Marcin Głogowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:59:32 +0200

Hi all,
How to configure FvwmModule to exec a system command after a timeout?
For now I can execute only built in commands like quit, but it is 
impossible to execute "Exec exec "reboot"" command.
Thank you for help.
-- 
Marcin Głogowski
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 15:45:27 +0300

> impossible to execute "Exec exec "reboot"" command.

Why is it impossible to execute reboot giving you have root permissions?

If you only want a delay for external shell commands then this will do it:

  Exec sleep 300; reboot

BTW, shutdown has -t parameter for this. But sleep works for other
shell commands.

In 2.5.x you may postpone any fvwm command, say in 180 seconds:

  Schedule 180000 Quit

  Schedule 180000 Exec exec something

See also Deschedule.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:19:41 +0200

>   Schedule 180000 Exec exec something

   ***WARNING***
This Schedule line **will not work** if you leave the machine for
lunch and no new X events are sent to fvwm!  Do not schedule jobs
that must be executed exactly at the given time.
   ***WARNING***

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^