Subject: FVWM: Autohide?

From: Norman Walsh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:13:59 -0400

I've recently switched displays and now I have less screen real estate
(I've gone from 1400x1050 back to 1280x1024 for reasons that don't
bear going into).

As a result, I'd like an auto-hiding panel on the bottom of my screen
roughly like the standard gnome panel. I think I could get the results
I want with FvwmButtons (though I'm open to suggestions if there's a
better module). But it has to auto-hide to be maximally useful.

I'm a little confused by the FAQ though. The last entry says that
autohide is possible in "fvwm-2.5.8 or later" but the most recent
release is 2.5.7 AFAICT.

Trying the FAQ lines anyway in 2.5.7, I get

[FVWM][__execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'TestRc'

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

- -- 
Norman Walsh <[email-masked]> | If you are hankering after certainty,
http://nwalsh.com/            | you are better advised to seek it in
                              | religion: the stock-in-trade of science
                              | is not certainty but doubt.--K.C. Cole
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:22:45 -0400

> autohide is possible in "fvwm-2.5.8 or later" but the most recent

You are right, 2.5.8 hasn't been released yet.
To use 2.5.8, you need to get the CVS version.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]