Subject: FVWM: aterm + vim crash on 2.5.7

From: Eduardo Alvarez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 18:46:05 +0000

Hello, all,

This is really odd, I wonder if anyone can shed any light on the subject.
Since I use vim on an aterm a lot, I decided that it would be a good idea
to create a keyboard shortcut for it.  I did it like so:

Key v   A SCM Exec exec aterm -name vim -e vim

added to my fvwm2rc file (well, actually, to a separate file that holds all
my keybindings, and that is read by fvwm by the Read command).  All looks
good, except when I decide to save and quit (via :wq).  Then fvwm crashes.
Has anyone seen this happen before?  Any ideas why this might happen?

-- 
Eduardo Alvarez			http://www.great-atuin.net/~punga
						(offline, at the moment)
"Stercus, stercus stercus, moriturus sum"
    			-- Rincewind the Wizzard, "Interesting Times"
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Eduardo Alvarez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 18:49:36 +0000

> Has anyone seen this happen before?  Any ideas why this might happen?

PS:  This happens when 'aterm -name vim -e vim &' is called from another
aterm.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 20:11:07 -0400

> Has anyone seen this happen before?  Any ideas why this might happen?

What version of Fvwm are you using?

Is Fvwm producing any messages?

Are you sure its Fvwm crashing and not X?

Can you get a core file and provide a stack trace?

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Erik Steffl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:39:21 -0700

> to create a keyboard shortcut for it.  I did it like so:
...

   nothing to do with your actual question but why not use gvim? it's 
pretty much the same except of better colors, better mouse use...

	erik