Subject: FVWM: Iconify

From: KONTRA Gergely <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:33:48 +0200

Hi!

Is there a way to iconify a specific window? Eg. I've started gaim on
startup, and I want to minimize it say after 5 secs.
StartIconic is not a solution here, because gaim will deiconify itself,
if an event occurs. And events WILL occur at startup.

In general how can I execute a command in a specific window context?

thx
-- 
+-[ Kontra, Gergely<[email-masked]> PhD student Room IB113 ]---------+
| http://www.mcl.hu/~kgergely            "Olyan langesz vagyok, hogy  |
| Mobil:(+36 20) 356 9656 ICQ: 175564914   poroltoval kellene jarnom" |
+-- Magyar php mirror es magyar php dokumentacio: http://hu.php.net --+
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:59:25 +0200

> In general how can I execute a command in a specific window context?

Usually, you just click on the iconify button on the window title.
I'm not exactly sure what your problem is.  Is it because all gaim
windows are iconified when you iconify that window?  In this case
the following style might help:

  Style * IconifyWindowGroupsOff

If the problem is timing, you can use the Schedule command to
delay execution of the iconify command:

  AddToFunc StartFunction
  + I Schedule 5000 1 Next (name_of_target_window) Iconify on

(you need fvwm-2.5.x for the Schedule command).

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Thomas Adam <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:42:42 +0100 (BST)

--- KONTRA Gergely <[email-masked]> wrote: > Hi!
> In general how can I execute a command in a specific window context?

Arrgghh :)

You fail to read the FAQ. Take a look at the fvwm FAQ (number 3.18), found
here:

http://www.fvwm.org/documentation/faq/#3.18

However, the following code should work:

----------------------------------------
   *FvwmEvent-NewWindow: Cmd
     *FvwmEvent-NewWindow: PassId
     *FvwmEvent-NewWindow: StartDelay 4
     *FvwmEvent-NewWindow: add_window FuncIconify_Window

     DestroyFunc FuncIconify_Window
     AddToFunc   FuncIconfify_Window
     + I WindowId $0 ("My Window") Iconfify

     AddToFunc StartFunction I FvwmEvent FvwmEvent-NewWindow
------------------------------------------------------------------

Where ("My Window") is the name of the window you want to iconify. As for
waiting 5 mins *after*, umm.....not sure :)

-- Thomas Adam

> thx

=====
Thomas Adam

"The Linux Weekend Mechanic" -- www.linuxgazette.com

________________________________________________________________________
Want to chat instantly with your online friends?  Get the FREE Yahoo!
Messenger http://mail.messenger.yahoo.co.uk