Subject: FVWM: fvwm-3.0: developers thoughts...

From: Thomas Adam <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:34:51 +0100 (BST)

Hello All,

I was trauling through the fvwm man page last night, and found reference
to certain things that will be obsolete / included in fvwm-3.0. 

I am just curious to ask the developers how far away they think the
eminent fvwm3 release will be, what they plan to drastically
change/include into it. Will the configurations differ between 2.x.x and
3.x.x do you suppose?

If you feel like having an option for toggling "sticky bars" across sticky
windows to false/true, that would be a nice idea ;)

Thanks,

-- Thomas Adam

=====
Thomas Adam

"The Linux Weekend Mechanic" -- www.linuxgazette.com

________________________________________________________________________
Want to chat instantly with your online friends?  Get the FREE Yahoo!
Messenger http://mail.messenger.yahoo.co.uk
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Kingsly John <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 18:15:48 +0530

> to certain things that will be obsolete / included in fvwm-3.0. 

If anything is mentioned as will be "included" in 3.0 it should be read as ..
it won't be implemented in 2.6.0 ;-)

2.6.0 will be the next stable release.. and was/is expected to be out later this
year.

> change/include into it. Will the configurations differ between 2.x.x and

I think it's a bit too early to have answers for those questions... but
better wait for a developer to respond to that one! (I'm just a bystander!)

Kingsly

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 08:51:41 -0400

> better wait for a developer to respond to that one! (I'm just a bystander!)

Download the source code, read the todo-3.0 file.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]