Subject: FVWM: Circulate and NoIcon window

From: "Haezebrouck, Sebastien" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 20:17:34 +0200

Hi,

I use an IconMan swallowed in FvwmButton that only show current page
windows, and have "Style * NoIcon"
in my .fvwm2rc.
Alt-Tab is bound to "Next [CurrentPage] Focus".
Cycling through windows with Alt-Tab works great... except that when I
iconify one window, I cannot cycle to it by Alt-Tab, even though it appears
in IconMan.
This makes sense (no Icon for the window = nothing to Focus on), but I'd
like to know if there is some way to solve this, i.e. have Alt-Tab bound to
some function that would focus my
IconMan-swallowed-iconified-windows-that-do-not-have-Icons in addition of
any other windows.

The best I could come up so far was to remove Style * NoIcon, and use
invisible icons by setting: 

Style * IconSize 0 0 0 0    # Size 0 picture
Style * IconTitleColorset 3 # Transparent colorset
Style * HilightIconTitleColorset 3
Style * IconTitleRelief 0

But the icon text still show... and this is an awful kludge for such a great
WM.

Thanks,

Seb

PS: I use 2.5.7
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:09:21 +0200

> But the icon text still show... and this is an awful kludge for such a great

I don't know why this happens out of the box.  I think it may be
because(?) X does not allow to focus windows that are not mapped,
i.e. it can not focus anything if there is not at least an icon
window somewhere.

However, I have attached a transparent 1x1 pixmap to this mail
that should help to fix the problem:

  Style ** Icon transparent.xpm
  Style * IconOverride, Icon transparent.xpm, NoIconTitle

(you may have to restart fvwm to make this work).

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^