Subject: Re: FVWM: SW Patents protest page

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 09:45:41 +0200

>I suggest to put a statement on top of each page which shows
>our  protest  against  sw  patents.  But I could go with the
>current protest page as well.

      For my little personnal site I will continue to present
the protest page instead of the normal one.

      Fab.

******************************************************************
The sender's email address has changed to 
firstname.lastname@ sgcib.com. You may want to update your 
personal address book. Please see http://www.sgcib.com for more 
information.
                               **
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential
and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorised use or
dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates
shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.
                         ***************
L'adresse mail  de votre correspondant a change en prenom.nom@ sgcib.com.
Il est recommande de mettre a jour votre carnet d'addresse
personnel.Pour plus d'informations, aller  sur http://www.sgcib.com
                               **
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message")
sont confidentiels et etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses
destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est
interdite. Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration.
La SOCIETE GENERALE et ses filiales declinent toute
responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, modifie
ou falsifie.
******************************************************************

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 10:17:50 +0200

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 09:57:18PM +0200, Uwe Pross wrote:
> Hi there,
> 
> On 29 Aug 2003 at 17:21:26 +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> 
> > To sum it up in English: partially due to the protests,
> > the acclamation in the EU parliament has been deferred
> > until end of September or later.
> 
> Felix E. Klee wrote:
> 
> > BTW, we haven't made up our mind yet, whether we should
> > encourage web sites to continue protesting until the end
> > of September, or not.
> 
> I am for continuation protesting since the matter  is  quite
> serious.  The last court decision about a sw patent of Eolas
> which claims m$ has used its technique for embedded links is
> a  very  good example (even if I think m$ can afford to lose
> some  lawsuits).  Even  the  w3c  is  concerned  about  this
> decision  since  it  may effect all plugin techniques. Maybe
> this decision will help to avoid sw patents in europe. 
> 
> Any other thoughts/opinions?

I'm for continuing to protest.  One mere week was too short
anyway.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^