Subject: FVWM: case sensitivity problem with Style settings

From: "Jules Alberts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 11:16:05 +0200

Hello everyone,

I recently installed gabber (yes, because of the MSN problems MS is 
causing) and I want to make some Styles for it. It has a small window 
which indicates status (light bulb when online etc.), a main window, 
chat windows etc. This brings me to this problem. Let's say I have 
windows with these names:

1. gabber
2. Gabber
3. gabber: one-on-one chat

Now window 1. should be titleless and sticky, window 2. should have a 
title and window 3. should have a title and allways appear om location 
x,y of the screen (BTW, how would I do this?)

The problem is that Style seems to be case-insensitive. I tried quoting 
it in `'"three"'` different ways, makes no difference. Does anybody 
have a solution? Thanks!

(off topic) FWIW IMHO the protest page could stay much longer.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 11:55:52 +0200

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 11:16:05AM +0200, Jules Alberts wrote:
> title and window 3. should have a title

> and allways appear on location > x,y of the screen (BTW, how
> would I do this?)

Try setting the position via X resources and/or read FAQ question
3.18.

> The problem is that Style seems to be case-insensitive.

Style are case sensitive.  Your problem comes from the fact that
all gabber windows have the class "Gabber".  At the moment, fvwm
matches either class or resource or window name.  You can tell it
specifically which one to use.

> I tried quoting 

You should be able to "fix" this by choosing a clever order of
your style statements.  Since "Gabber" matches all of these
windows you must specify that style first and override it for the
windows that have a different title:

  Style Gabber title
  Style gabber notitle
  Style "gabber: one-on-one chat" title

(the last line is redundant).

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^