Subject: FVWM: Re: FvwmEvent in version 2.4.6

From: "Uwe Pross" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:37:57 +0200 (MEST)

Dominik Vogt wrote:
> 
> > I am forced to use fvwm 2.4.6.
> 
> Why?  I can't imagine anything except insufficient disk space or
> lack of internet connection, floppy drive and cd rom drive.

;-) Or a quite secure system, which does not allow you anything except doing
your work. I am quite happy that I have fvwm 2.4.6. Otherwise I would have
to cope with OpenWindows or even worse KDE3.

> > Is there a know problem with FvwmEvent in this version?
> 
> All known problems have been fixed in the later 2.4.x versions.
> Check the NEWS for 2.4.16.
> 
> Fixed.  Changing the focus caused a new_page event.

That explains it. So there is no workaround?

BTW: I apologize for the doubled mails and the missing subject. I have write
my mails via a web interface which is quite annoying if one is used to mutt
:-\

Cheers, Uwe

-- 
NEU FÜR ALLE - GMX MediaCenter - für Fotos, Musik, Dateien...
Fotoalbum, File Sharing, MMS, Multimedia-Gruß, GMX FotoService

Jetzt kostenlos anmelden unter http://www.gmx.net

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse für Mail, Message, More! +++

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 17:02:22 +0200

> That explains it. So there is no workaround?

Change the function.  Make it flip the focus only if no window on
the current page has the focus.

> BTW: I apologize for the doubled mails and the missing subject.

Yeah, it barely made it past my mental spam filter :-)

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: "Uwe Pross" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 19:39:55 +0200 (MEST)

> the current page has the focus.

In version 2.4.6 the !Focused and !CurrentPage conditions seem not to
exists. It does not work an it is not mentioned in the man page.

Cheers, Uwe

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:01:18 +0200

> exists. It does not work an it is not mentioned in the man page.

That's right.  You could hack a shell script that checks these
conditions and call it with PipeRead:

  Current PipeRead <script> \
    $vp.x $vp.y $vp.width $vp.height \
    $w.x  $w.y  $w.width  $w.height
  None <focus as usual>

(script checks whether window is on current page or not).

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^