Subject: FVWM: fancy menus

From: Emilie Ann Phillips <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 20:59:36 -0400 (EDT)

I was wondering if there is a way to change the style of a menu while it
is open.

The specific application being to have an "active" style and an "inactive"
style such that which ever submenu I am currently looking at will be
"active" and all other open menus "inactive"

Emilie
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 09:31:42 +0200

> I was wondering if there is a way to change the style of a menu while it

No, currently this is not possible.  On one hand, fvwm does not
accept any user input except menu navigation while a menu is open.
And on the other hand I shied at the task of possibly resizing and
rearranging the whole menu while it is open.  Note that the size
of the menu might change which requires that the continuation
menus of an open menu may have to be re-created, possible while
one of their sub menus is open.  It did not seem to be worth the
effort.

> "active" and all other open menus "inactive"

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^