Subject: FVWM: FvwmTheme - fvwm themes?

From: KONTRA Gergely <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 16:04:22 +0200

Hi!

--- From the NEWS file in fvwm2.5.7 ---

* FvwmTheme is obsolete now, but still supported for some time.

--- And I know from the FAQ, that: ---

6.2  I'd really like {OpenWindows, NeXT, Win95, Mac, etc} look and
     feel.  Are you going to support that?

A: This is not our primary mission, but we think fvwm does a pretty
   good job of producing these appearances.

   You may want to take a look at the
        http://fvwm-themes.sourceforge.net/
   package.

If I'm not mistaken, this has nothing to to with FvwmTheme.

Will fvwm themes be included in fvwm.

So, if I want themes, there is nothing "official", but I can happyly
install fvwm-themes?

Gergo

-- 
+-[ Kontra, Gergely<[email-masked]> PhD student Room IB113 ]---------+
| http://www.mcl.hu/~kgergely            "Olyan langesz vagyok, hogy  |
| Mobil:(+36 20) 356 9656 ICQ: 175564914   poroltoval kellene jarnom" |
+-- Magyar php mirror es magyar php dokumentacio: http://hu.php.net --+
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Thomas Adam <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:43:57 +0100 (BST)

--- KONTRA Gergely <[email-masked]> wrote: > Hi!
> If I'm not mistaken, this has nothing to to with FvwmTheme.

You're correct, it does not. The module "FvwmTheme" is there to provide
one with a way of using coloursets and the like (man FvwmTheme).

> Will fvwm themes be included in fvwm.

You are confusing the issue here.... fvwm-themes is a separate "project"
from fvwm, in that all fvwm-themes is, is a set of highly
intelligent/configurable scripts to be used with the window manager: FVWM.

> So, if I want themes, there is nothing "official", but I can happyly

That is correct :) All the hard-work has been done for you, with
fvwm-themes.

Hope That Helps,

-- Thomas Adam

> Gergo

=====
Thomas Adam

"The Linux Weekend Mechanic" -- www.linuxgazette.com

________________________________________________________________________
Want to chat instantly with your online friends?  Get the FREE Yahoo!
Messenger http://mail.messenger.yahoo.co.uk
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].