Subject: FVWM: upgraded to fvwm 2.4.15 - can no longer start an xterm

From: Toby Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:36:52 +0100 (BST)

Hi there,

I'm running XDarwin 1.2.0 under MacOS X and have just used fink to
upgrade the version of fvwm2 that I use.

The problem is that, after doing this upgrade, I can no longer launch
an xterm within fvwm.  My .xinitrc is relatively simple, at the end I
have:

xterm -sb -sl 500 --geometry 75x34+687+40 &
exec ssh-agent fvwm2

The xterm mentioned here launches fine, but if I try and launch an
xterm from within fvwm2 the window appears, but is completely blank -
hitting enter causes the window to disappear.  This happens using the
default .fvwm2rc or my own, which defines the command to launch the
xterm as follows:

+	 "xterm" Exec /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm -sb -sl 500

Note that curiously I can open emacs, start a shell and launch an
xterm from within here, all with no problems.

Can anyone suggest what is happening here?

Thanks
Toby Blake
University of Edinburgh

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:41:17 -0400

> Can anyone suggest what is happening here?

Which release of fvwm are you using?

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Toby Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:50:43 +0100 (BST)

> Which release of fvwm are you using?

It's in the subject line, but...

[mac-toby]toby: fvwm2 -version
FVWM version 2.4.15 compiled on Sep 26 2003 at 14:40:25
with support for: ReadLine, Stroke, XPM, GNOME WM hints, Shape, Xinerama
[mac-toby]toby:

Toby