Subject: FVWM: MozillaFirebird not honouring Style

From: Johan Svedberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 19:22:02 +0200

Hi!

Just wondering if anyone knows what can cause applications not to listen
to Style-commands? I'm having difficulties with the Debian package of
MozillaFirebird. However, when I tried the binary on
http://www.mozilla.org/ it works just fine so it must be something with
the Debian build. I recall something that it has something to do with
the fact that they built it against GTK 2.0?

-- 
Johan Svedberg, [email-masked], http://johan.svedberg.pp.se/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:12:09 +0200

> the fact that they built it against GTK 2.0?

Several possiblilities

 - Its windows are initially created without a title, class or
   resource and are renamed only after styles have been applied.
   Try to find our the original settings of the windows.
 - The application overrides the style settings.  This is only
   possible for a few styles.  Try disabling gnome and ewmh hints
   for the application.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^