Subject: FVWM: avoid flashing window

From: GARGIULO Eduardo GESI <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:16:18 -0300

Hi all

I'm setting up the background of my desktop with te following line

*FvwmBacker: Command Exec xview -onroot -center -border black \
                                -zoom 150 myimage.jpg

and using

aterm -tr +sb -sh 30

it looks nice. The problem is that when I move the aterm window,
it flashes after release the mouse button, showing the background
image without shadowing. Is there any way to avoid these flickering?
Should I change the background configuration?

thanks and sorry for my english

PD: using fvwm-2.4.6 or fvwm-2.5.7

-ejg
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "S. Anderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 09:30:41 -0600

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 03:16:18PM -0300, GARGIULO Eduardo GESI wrote:
> i

I think you could use 'fvwm-root --retain-pixmap myimage.jpg' to rid
yourself of the flickering. Also you could try Esetroot.

hth,
sa