Subject: FVWM: Drag-and-drop fails in KMail only when in FvwmTabs

From: "No Spam, Please" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 08:49:18 -0400

Hello,
I just got FvwmTabs 2.0 working with FVWM 2.5.7.  Very nice!

I am seeing one problem, though.  I currently use KMail 1.5 (from KDE 
3.1-10) for email.  I am not running a full KDE desktop.  When KMail 
is running under FVWM, but not under FvwmTabs, I can use 
drag-and-drop to move emails from Inbox to a folder.  If I swallow 
KMail into FvwmTabs, then drag-and-drop no longer works.  I always 
see the "not allowed here" (circle-with-a-line-through-it) cursor.  
Usually, nothing happens when I try to drop the file.  Once, FvwmTabs 
and all swallowed applications just disappeared.  In that instance, I 
could not restart FvwmTabs nor KMail, but I didn't recognize any 
leftover processes in "ps -A" (but that could just mean I didn't know 
what I was looking for).  I have not been able to reproduce the 
abend.  I do not know whether drag-and-drop works in any other 
applications inside of FvwmTabs or not, because KMail is the only 
application where I use drag-and-drop.

Should this drag-and-drop work?  If so, is there any other debugging 
info needed?

Minor issue:  on the FvwmTabs dropdown menu, the About selection does 
nothing on my system.

I have:
KDE 3.1-10 (Red Hat)
KMail 1.5
fvwm 2.5.7-1 (installed RPM from fvwm.org)
FvwmTabs,v 2.0 2003/07/24 09:12:18 scott Exp
the default fvwmtabrc
X11-Protocol-0.51 from the FvwmTabs link
perl-tk-800.024-27782cl
perl-5.8.0-88
XFree86-4.3.0-2
Red Hat Linux 9.0

Thanks very much-
Douglas

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].