Subject: FVWM: Corrupted screen

From: Steve G <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 08:03:47 +0100 (BST)

In a similar manner to a recent message, I to get a corrupted screen when
moving/minimizing windows in FVWM

I'm using version 2.5.4, running on Solaris 9, and am accessing the system
via a SunRay terminal (rather than plugging straight into the Unix box).

Any ideas?

Steve

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 09:57:15 +0200

> via a SunRay terminal (rather than plugging straight into the Unix box).

Not unless you describe exactly what the problem is and what
hardware, operating system and X server you have.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Steve G <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 09:23:40 +0100 (BST)

When moving, resizing windows, black horizonal/vertical lines appear
within the window (certain sections of the window don't seem to be
refreshing properly). It should be noted that a few X applications
refresh OK.

As I said before. Operations system=Solaris 9, Hardware=Sun SunRay
terminal (standard black box). I start fvwm from the home session of
Solaris CDE e.g.

dtsession*wmStartupCommand: /home/seg/local/bin/fvwm

If I move to another window of my desktop and move back again the screen
refreshes.

Steve

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 10:32:15 +0200

> terminal (standard black box). I start fvwm from the home session of

Ah, Solaris again.  As far as I know, it's a bug in the Solaris X
server.  I think there is a fix for the problem, but I don't know
where you can find it.  Can someone else help me out here?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Sam Kalet <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 09:22:39 -0400 (EDT)

> where you can find it.  Can someone else help me out here?

Well, I don't have an answer, but can comment.  I am running Solaris 8 on a Sun
Blade 100 and have seen similar behavior.  I am currently running FVWM 2.4.5
which exhibits this behavior infrequently and only with certain apps.  I can't
even remember which apps at this point.  I had upgraded to 2.5.5 at one point
which exhibited the behavior all the time with apps and popup menus.  I assumed
it was a problem with the Solaris X server since I don't see the same problem on
Linux machines.  I patched the X server (with the latest cluster) and things
got even worse in 2.5.5.

I haven't revisited trying to resolve this.  Since I don't really crave the
features in 2.5.x, I'm ok with 2.4.5 and the artifacts don't appear that often.
Given that you are running Solaris 9 and still seeing the problem leads me to
think there still is no solution!