Subject: FVWM: General transparency in fvwm

From: Morten Grunnet Buhl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 13:16:11 +0200

I was thrilled to learn that fvwm2 supported transparency and that it
was a piece of cake to setup. So no I have a nice transparent menu.
But when I started playing with FvwmWinList I saw that its transparency
was better. Better in the way that it not only was transparent but that
you could actually see the windows underneath it not only the root
image. How can I fix it so that this goes for other parts of fvwm
menu's, title-bars etc?

Also I would like to give a great thanks to the people making this nice
and extremely flexible window manager - its far the best I have used.

--
Morten Grunnet Buhl
fortune: Command not found.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 19:50:08 +0200

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 01:16:11PM +0200, Morten Grunnet Buhl wrote:
> image. 

No this is not possible. This can happen for a few times by chance
that's all (but if you use XDirectFB). What happen if you move the
a window which under the WinList? Maybe you use a Trsanparent colorset
and you forget to set: "Style FvwmWinList ParentalRelativity"?

> How can I fix it so that this goes for other parts of fvwm
> menu's, title-bars etc?
>

Really this is not possible. Basically X cannot do that. We may
do that for menus (not tearoff one) in the future that's all.
 
> and extremely flexible window manager - its far the best I have used.

Thanks, Olivier