Subject: Re: FVWM: Could FVWM help protesting against SWPats?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:46:24 +0200

>Having our web site not available for one day for that  good
>reason is really worth it.

      I agree with that.

>If nobody minds I could make  the  web  site  to  be  closed
>completly  (all  pages  will not work even direct links like
>www.fvwm.org/documentation/manpages), closed partialy  (only
>the  entry  site will not work) or I could place a statement
>about software patents on each page for that day.

      I vote for complete close with a special statement
replacing all pages.

      Fab.

******************************************************************
The sender's email address has changed to 
firstname.lastname@ sgcib.com. You may want to update your 
personal address book. Please see http://www.sgcib.com for more 
information.
                               **
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential
and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorised use or
dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates
shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.
                         ***************
L'adresse mail  de votre correspondant a change en prenom.nom@ sgcib.com.
Il est recommande de mettre a jour votre carnet d'addresse
personnel.Pour plus d'informations, aller  sur http://www.sgcib.com
                               **
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message")
sont confidentiels et etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses
destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est
interdite. Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration.
La SOCIETE GENERALE et ses filiales declinent toute
responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, modifie
ou falsifie.
******************************************************************

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:54:20 +0200

>Personally I am surelly against software patents anywhere. However,
>although I support this action, I don't think it will change anything.
>Anyone who advocates software patents may hardly change her mind.

      Of course, you're right.
      But it doesn't mean that we must stay quiet. My deep thought
is that we, as individual personns and/or teams must say what we
think about such questions. Perhaps only to be sure that we have
expressed our ideas ? Yes, but it's worth it. The same idea as for
voting. We can have personnal fights about all that stuff, some do
evangelisation, some explain things with facts, other with intuitions,
and some with faith, and some do collective things. All are good to
express ideas.

      Fab.