Subject: FVWM: Add/Remove Buttons on the Title Bar

From: Howard Engelhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:57:07 -0400

Using
FVWM version 2.4.16

Could someone please send a brief example of how to add buttons to the 
Title bar of windows?  Currently I am only able to get the buttons for 
Iconifying, Maximizing, and popping up the control menu.  I've attempted 
playing around with the AddButtonStyle/ButtonStyle commands, but to no 
avail. Nothing I do seems to change the title bar buttons.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Howard

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Phil Stracchino <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:30:17 -0400

> Any help would be appreciated.

Howard,

This example works on 2.4.16; it's copied directly from my running
.fvwm2rc:

# Manual windowshade toggle button
ButtonStyle 6 Vector 5 20x20@2 20x30@2 80x30@0 80x20@0 20x20@2 -- Raised
Style * Button 6
Mouse 1 6 A ShadeToggle
DestroyFunc ShadeToggle
AddToFunc   ShadeToggle I ThisWindow WindowShade

I use this in combination with:

ButtonStyle All -- UseTitleStyle

for cleanness.

-- 
 .*********  Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk.  *********.
 : phil stracchino : unix ronin : renaissance man : mystic zen biker geek :
 :  [email-masked] : [email-masked] : [email-masked]  :
 :   2000 CBR929RR, 1991 VFR750F3 (foully murdered), 1986 VF500F (sold)   :
 :    Linux Now!   ...Because friends don't let friends use Microsoft.    :
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].