Subject: FVWM: Mouseless operation

From: Erik Thiele <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 08:40:03 +0200

Hi.

I am setting up diskless terminals for users in a rough environment.
so there are no mouses either.

i hide the mousepointer with the "unclutter" program. works well.

i setup the fvwm config to have no decorations no menus no fancy stuff.

but what i need now is that all new windows are centered on screen. i cannot
find an option for this. instead they are placed topleft, or if they
are dialogs, they are centered in their mother window.

i am using Qt library to develop my program.

is there a way to center all new windows????

cu & thx
erik

-- 
Erik Thiele
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 08:57:47 +0200

> is there a way to center all new windows????

I don't know about Qt, but in plain X, you can set the win_gravity
field of the window's size hints to CenterGravity with
XSetWMNormalHints() and use (XDisplayWidth() / 2,
XDisplayHeight() / 2) as its starting position.

See Q 3.18 in the fvwm FAQ for a description how you can do it
with the window manager.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^