Subject: FVWM: Mozilla Firebired missing icon?

From: Adam Woodworth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:14:58 -0400 (EDT)

Is anyone else having a problem with Mozilla Firebird 0.6.1 where the icon
doesn't appear when the window is minimized?  I figure this is a glitch
with Firebird, so I added the path to where the Firebird icon was on my
system (it ships with Firebird) to my ImagePath, and I added the following
style line:

Style "Mozilla Firebird" Icon mozicon50.xpm

But that didn't work, so I tried:

Style "Mozilla Firebird" IconOverride, Icon mozicon50.xpm

And that didn't work either.

Anyone else seen this or have a fix?

Adam

_______________________________________________________________________
  Adam Woodworth
  SMTP : [email-masked]
  HTTP : http://www.mirkwood.com
  HAM  : N1ZNN

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 18:59:26 +0200

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 10:14:58AM -0400, Adam Woodworth wrote:
> doesn't appear when the window is minimized? 

Please always specify the fvwm version. OS and Hardware may help too
(e.g., screen with two depths can cause problem here).

> I figure this is a glitch

I do not see why this does not work. Do you have a msg of the form
"Cannot load mozicon50.xpm" in your X error output? Are you sure that
that "Mozilla Firebird" match your Firebird window (FvwmIdent)?

Can you sent the output of "xprop" on Firebird (open a terminal, type
"xprop > xprop_Firebird", a cross should appear and click on the
Firebird window). If the output is to big send it to me only.

Regards, Olivier

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 19:41:50 +0200

> doesn't appear when the window is minimized?

Please always specify the fvwm version. OS, hardware and X server may
help too.

> And that didn't work either.

I do not see why this does not work. Can you send the output
of "xprop" on  a Firebird window (type "xprop" > xprop_Firebird
and click with the cross on a Firebird window). If the output is
too big send it to me only.

Regards, Olivier

---

From: Adam Woodworth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 14:31:23 -0400 (EDT)

It actually appears that the Resource name given with FvwmIdent is
"Mozilla".  So I changed my .fvwm2rc to use "Mozilla" instead of "Mozilla
Firebird", but still no luck.

I'm using FVWM 2.4.6 on Debian 3.0.

Here is my output from xprop, which says that the WM_NAME is "Mozilla
Firebird"....

WM_STATE(WM_STATE):
                window state: Normal
                icon window: 0x0
_WIN_AREA(CARDINAL) = 0, 0
_WIN_WORKSPACE(CARDINAL) = 0
_WIN_LAYER(CARDINAL) = 4
_WIN_STATE(CARDINAL) = 0
_MOZILLA_VERSION(STRING) = "5.0"
_NET_WM_ICON_NAME(UTF8_STRING) = 0x4d, 0x6f, 0x7a, 0x69, 0x6c, 0x6c, 0x61,
0x20, 0x46, 0x69, 0x72, 0x65, 0x62, 0x69, 0x72, 0x64
_NET_WM_NAME(UTF8_STRING) = 0x4d, 0x6f, 0x7a, 0x69, 0x6c, 0x6c, 0x61,
0x20, 0x46, 0x69, 0x72, 0x65, 0x62, 0x69, 0x72, 0x64
XdndAware(ATOM) = ARC
_MOTIF_DRAG_RECEIVER_INFO(_MOTIF_DRAG_RECEIVER_INFO) = 0x6c, 0x0, 0x5,
0x40, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x31, 0x40, 0x10, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0
_MOTIF_WM_HINTS(_MOTIF_WM_HINTS) = 0x2, 0xbfffe828, 0x1, 0x814c790,
0x8196648
WM_CLASS(STRING) = "Mozilla", "navigator:browser"
WM_LOCALE_NAME(STRING) = "C"
WM_CLIENT_MACHINE(STRING) = "seabass"
WM_ICON_NAME(STRING) = "Mozilla Firebird"
WM_NAME(STRING) = "Mozilla Firebird"
WM_CLIENT_LEADER(WINDOW): window id # 0x2200001
WM_HINTS(WM_HINTS):
                Client accepts input or input focus: True
                Initial state is Normal State.
                window id # of group leader: 0x2200001
WM_NORMAL_HINTS(WM_SIZE_HINTS):
                program specified size: 200 by 200

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 14:40:20 -0400

> Firebird", but still no luck.

The name is probably changing as it opens.

Try:

Style "Moz*" ...

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Adam Woodworth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 14:50:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hmm, that didn't work either.

And I'm not seeing any errors in my .xession-errors about not being able
to find or create a pixmap...