Subject: FVWM: Java window placement

From: "Moore, Garron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 11:48:54 -0700

All of my java windows are being placed incorrectly. If I place a window
at 0,0 the window is placed at 0,0, not the frame (The title bar and
left border are off the screen). It seems like setting the gravity to
static would fix this problem. Is there a way to do that? Is there
another way to fix this problem? Another related problem is that when a
java window that has been moved resizes itself, it jumps up 1 title bar
height and left 1 border width.

Thanks,
Garron
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: parv <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 23:54:04 -0400

in message <[email-masked]>,
wrote Moore, Garron thusly...
>
> Another related problem is that when a java window that has been
> moved resizes itself, it jumps up 1 title bar height and left
> 1 border width.

Just a data point ...  I used awt & swing components in some
relatively light (as in class homework) programs and i did not have
any problems wrt resizing.  (I used fvwm 2.5.[56] & jdk 1.3.1p7 or
1.4.)

  - Parv

-- 
A programmer, budding Unix system administrator, and amateur photographer
seeks employment:  http://www103.pair.com/parv/work/