Subject: FVWM: gdeskcal

From: RvB <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:08:24 +0200

hi.

there seems to be a problem with gdeskcal
(http://www.pycage.de/software_gdeskcal.html) and FVWM. it works well
with the metacity windowmanager. with fvwm you can see flicker something
up, that disappears immediately. the application does not crash, but
there is no visible calendar.

the problem appears with fvwm 2.5, i did not test 2.4.

bye
	RvB (Rene van Bevern) <[email-masked]>

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:22:29 +0200

> the problem appears with fvwm 2.5, i did not test 2.4.

How do you set your root background with fvwm?
What happen if you set your root background with Esetroot
or fvwm-root _with_ the -r option?

Regards, Olivier
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: RvB <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:15:25 +0200

> or fvwm-root _with_ the -r option?

i have already tried that, it does not help. i also tried to prevent
gdeskcal from doing transparency with the --opaque option. but it
results in the same: gdeskcal keeps running, but its window is lost.
but using --screenshot with gdeskcal actually works, why don't the other
options work, as they do with other windowmanagers i have tested?
i will not switch my windowmanagers just for one single application,
since i have been using fvwm for several years ;)

bye

---

From: Kingsly John <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 01:01:20 +0530

> there is no visible calendar.

I tried it out and it works "okay" for me ... I installed from rpm.

The window is very much visible... but it screws up on transparency.. it
seems to be taking a screenshot and using that as a background and if there
are any windows in the position gdeskcal appears.. you can see those windows
too in the background... moving the gdeskcal fixes the problem.

I put it Layer 0 and yet it shows an xterm that was in the default layer in
it's background! 

> the problem appears with fvwm 2.5, i did not test 2.4.

Using fvwm 2.5.7

Kingsly