Subject: RE: FVWM: gdeskcal

From: "Randy Stackhouse" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 04:18:56 -0700

I need a simple way to have fvwm tell a csh shell the name of the
FvwmPager Desk or FvwmName.

Any suggestions?  -- Everything I tired didn't seem to work.. And I
tried all but the right way ;)

Thanks!

Randy Stackhouse
Cadence Design Systems
(321) 674-2423

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:36:08 +0300

> tried all but the right way ;)

Here are some ideas, if you don't understand them, reask again, but use
more detailed explanation of what exactly you want to achieve.

One solution is to use FvwmCommandS and FvwmCommand (see the man pages).

Another solution is to write something to a file using:

   Exec echo something >$[HOME]/fvwm-info.txt

You may use expending variable, like $[desk.n], $[w.name] and so on.
In 2.5.x there is $[desk.name] that you should set using DesktopName.

You may also use FvwmEvent (see the man page or FAQ):

  *FvwmEvent: new_desk `Exec echo $$[desk.n] >$[FVWM_USERDIR]/current-desk`

Regards,
Mikhael.