Subject: FVWM: Possible screenshot for the website

From: Steve Roome <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:19:22 +0100

Thought I'd send this one in, I've been using fvwm for about
8 years and I've refined my config down to this.

F1-F12 bring desktops 1->12, Shift-F1 -> Shift F12 bring desktops 13
-> 24.

Pause/Break brings up the menu (as does lmse in root).

It's very simple, one window per desktop, but browsers always open in
desk/page 4, xemacs/gnuclient in page 1, I open all audio apps on desk
11 and mail apps on desk 12.

What makes this really nice is that I have menu's to ssh remote xterms
and depending where I'm working I'll make a particular machine appear
on a particular desktop.

This is why I have 24 pages/desks, as at some recent clients site I
had far too many machines to connect to and just wanted to bung all the
crud on desks 13+.

Icons are turned off. The menu's are simple.

If you want to send Fkeys to apps you just need numlock on.

Anyway, thought I'd send this in because I've not seen any other
really clean setups on the screenshot list.

        Steve Roome