Subject: FVWM: Warning by checkinstall

From: Gert Brinkmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 23:17:02 +0200

Hello,

I use the tool "checkinstall" to install fvwm (the current CVS version) 
on my debian/testing Linux. checkinstall warns me that some of the files 
created by the installation are inside the build directory. Here is the 
list of the files:

/usr/local/src/fvwm_cvs/fvwm/bin/fvwm-root
/usr/local/src/fvwm_cvs/fvwm/bin/fvwm-root.1
/usr/local/src/fvwm_cvs/fvwm/fvwm/fvwm
/usr/local/src/fvwm_cvs/fvwm/fvwm/fvwm.1
/usr/local/src/fvwm_cvs/fvwm/modules/FvwmEvent/FvwmEvent

Is this a bug in checkinstall or is there something in the "make 
install" mechanism of fvwm that is not correct?

(I just want to report this)

Gert

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 02:30:08 +0300

> (I just want to report this)

It points to symlinked files, hovewer they are not created in the build
directory. Most probably a bug in checkinstall.

Regards,
Mikhael.