Subject: FVWM: Sidepic too short

From: stu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:38:00 +0200

Hi everyone, new to the list, been using fvwm for +- 6 months and loving
it. I have a problem with an image used as a SidePic being too short for
my menu. I use the option :

MenuStyle * SidePic /home/stu/.fvwm/images/buttons/knot_vert.xpm

Unfortunately the image begins halfway down my menu and ends at the
bottom. I would like the image to start at the top of my menu and end at
the bottom. Other than using a longer image each time I lengthen my menu
(and presumably a shorter image if I shorten my menu), which would be
ridiculous, How would I 'tile' an image down the side of my menu, so
that no matter what length my menu is, the side picture always fills
the whole side (similar to the way TitleStyle works) ?

Thanks
-- 
Stuart Logie
Programmer

UNIVERSAL COMPUTER SERVICES (PTY) LTD
Tel : (011) 712 1371   Cell : 082 902 5632
Fax : (011) 339 3421
Internet : http://ucs.co.za
Email    : [email-masked]

To err is human,
To purr feline.
                -- Robert Byrne

Powered by Debian GNU/Linux - testing/unstable
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:46:02 +0300

> the whole side (similar to the way TitleStyle works) ?

I don't think that currently it is possible to align the side menu image
to the top or to tile it. Maybe in the future we will have a colorset for
the side rectangle, but not now.

Regards,
Mikhael.