Subject: FVWM: Wiki: How to delete a page?

From: "Felix E. Klee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 23:44:53 +0200

Hi,

I want to remove a superfluous page that I created recently but I'm unable 
to do so because the actions at the bottom of the page don't include the 
delete action. However, in "Recent Changes" I see that other users were 
able to delete pages. So what is the way to go?

Felix

-- 
To contact me in private don't reply but send mail to
    felix DOT klee AT inka DOT de

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: RvB <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 23:48:40 +0200

> able to delete pages. So what is the way to go?

i did not activate the DeletePage action for security reasons. the
"Deleted" pages were deleted on the command line in the wiki file
structure itself ... we should discuss about enabling the DeletePage
feature.

bye
	RvB (Rene van Bevern) <[email-masked]>

---

From: "Felix E. Klee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 00:17:43 +0200

On Thursday 31 July 2003 23:48, RvB wrote:
> > I want to remove a superfluous page that I created recently but I'm
> > unable to do so because the actions at the bottom of the page don't
> > include the delete action. However, in "Recent Changes" I see that
> > other users were able to delete pages. So what is the way to go?
>

Hm, I don't know how to do that (and I probably don't have the permissions 
to do so). Therefore, could you do it for me? The FEKlee page is obsolete 
and should be deleted. BTW, the reason that it is obsolete now has to do 
with the UserPreferences problem outlined in the thread above (and also 
with the fact that it is late now and I should go to bed). Here's how I got 
confused:
1. When creating a new account I entered "FEKlee" into the ID field and
   "Felix E. Klee" into the Name field because I thought that the data in
   the ID field will become my user name and Name is for, well, my name.
2. Then I created my local user page by the name of FEKlee and wondered why
   it doesn't get linked to from e.g. RecentChanges (the reason was of
   course that my user name was "Felix E. Klee").
3. So I thought that FEKlee is not a proper WikiName (but actually it is)
   and tried to change it into FelixKlee in UserPreferences but I couldn't
   find any way to change my user name (I still thought that Name referred
   to my normal name and not my user name).
4. Failing to do so, I created a new account and a new local user page by
   the name of FelixKlee and I finally found out that Name refers to the
   user name.

So, in a nutshell, the data on UserPreferences page needs to be rearranged, 
at least for people like me. In addition to separators (if the login and 
registration really must be on one page) the registration documentation 
should be move above the registration fields so that one can read it easier 
while filling these in.

Felix