Subject: FVWM: background image

From: GARGIULO Eduardo GESI <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:58:30 -0300

Hi all

I'm looking for a way to put images as background of fvwm desktops.
Some images are size bigger than desktop and others are small. In the
former case I want the program to adjust the image to desktop size and
for small images, I want to put them centered on screen an choose the
color of the remind area. Is there any tool to do this with FvwmBacker?
How should I configure my .fvwm2rc? Should I use an external program?
which?

thanks in advance and sorry for my english

-ejg
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Rouben Rostamian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:47:34 -0400

> How should I configure my .fvwm2rc? Should I use an external program?

Get the external program called "xv".  The command:

  xv -q -rmode 5 -rbg yellow imagefile

will set the root background to yellow and display the specified
image centered on root.  If the image is larger than screen, it
will be scaled to fit.

-- 
Rouben Rostamian <[email-masked]>