Subject: FVWM: Question/suggestion re FvwmPager

From: Phil Stracchino <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 16:46:35 -0400

I just found myself wondering if it was possible to do a specific thing
in FvwmPager, which on reading the manpage doesn't appear to be
currently possible, and going on to ponder whether it would be a good
idea for a Future Feature.

Basically, what I want to do is conceptually quite simple:  In the same
way that I can tell fvwm that a window matching "Mozilla*" should have a
specified style, I want to tell FvwmPager to use different colors for
different windows, without having to change the colors fvwm itself uses.
Something like, say, this:

*FvwmPager: WindowColors * [colors]
*FvwmPager: WindowColors "*\%*Saved" [different colors]

My intent in this is quite specific.  I want to be able to make specific
windows (even more specifically, Mozilla download windows) highlight in
the pager, but not anyplace else, so that I can see with a glance at the
pager when a download on a different page of the desktop finishes.  So
far, from studying the man pages, I can't see a way to do this except by
assigning those windows their own overall fvwm Style with a different
background color.

Am I overlooking something?  If not, might this be considered as a
future FvwmPager feature?

-- 
 .*********  Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk.  *********.
 : phil stracchino : unix ronin : renaissance man : mystic zen biker geek :
 :  [email-masked] : [email-masked] : [email-masked]  :
 :   2000 CBR929RR, 1991 VFR750F3 (foully murdered), 1986 VF500F (sold)   :
 :    Linux Now!   ...Because friends don't let friends use Microsoft.    :
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 21:15:12 +0000

> *FvwmPager: WindowColors "*\%*Saved" [different colors]

Just note that if some options is to be enhanced it is WindowColorsets.

> Am I overlooking something?

You may use "*FvwmPager: MiniIcons" and assign some colorful mini icon to
mozilla, so it is bold in the pager.

> If not, might this be considered as a future FvwmPager feature?

There are thousands of messages on this list. Some may be remembered,
some are not. The bug tracking system is intended for feature requests.

Regards,
Mikhael.