Subject: FVWM: fvwm and Mozilla

From: Subba Rao <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 21:37:02 -0400

Hello again,

It is about fvwm again.  When I open some applications (particularly Mozilla,
Netscape, GThumb) my wallpaper and the application do change into some
psychdelic backgrounds.  Each time the mouse focus moves from the application
to the desktop or vice versa, the colors get swapped.  I do not have any
problems apps such as Acrobat or OpenOffice etc.  They are working fine.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before?  How do I fix these color changes in
display?

Thank you in advance.

--
Subba Rao
[email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old American Wild West saying:       God created men but Colt made them equal.
Today:                  Linus created Linux and Linux made IT companies equal.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:13:18 -0400

> Has anyone seen this behaviour before?  How do I fix these color changes in

That's Netscape using a private colormap.
The best fix is to stop using 8 bit color.
Check your X server config and try to use 16 or 24 bit color.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]