Subject: FVWM: FVWM 2.4.7, Move & resize problems

From: Jindrich Makovicka <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 16:54:04 +0200

Hello,

till 2.5.6, I used the following line

Mouse 1                W       4       Move

to move windows by dragging them with left Windows key and Mouse-1. 
Since 2.4.7, behavior of the Move command changed - I have to click into 
the window, then move the window and then click again at the new 
position. How can I enable the old behavior?

Another issue are windows of Mozilla, which have their own bottom-right 
  resize corner. However, when resizing them this way, the whole window 
moves in the north-west direction and it eventually leaves the screen 
entirely. Fluxbox has this problem too but in Metacity it works allright.

Regards,

-- 
Jindrich Makovicka

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 17:15:08 +0200 (CEST)

> position. How can I enable the old behavior?

If you define a function like this:

AddToFunc MyMove M Move

and

Mouse 1                W       4       MyMove

It works as expected.

I also have a similar setup, but I haven't yet installed the newest
version as my "real" Fvwm. I have a parallell version for testing (using
Xnest)

> entirely. Fluxbox has this problem too but in Metacity it works allright.
Is this some special theme for Mozilla? I use the "classic" theme, but I
see no such corners. Or are they present only in some windows?

//Marcus

---

From: Jindrich Makovicka <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 17:50:48 +0200

> If you define a function like this:

Thanks, I changed Move and Resize this way, and it works.

> see no such corners. Or are they present only in some windows?

sorry, it was a bit misleading. these are present in the Modern theme 
(supplied with the default installation).

-- 
Jindrich Makovicka

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 22:53:53 +0200

> >>entirely. Fluxbox has this problem too but in Metacity it works allright.

Does the pb still occur if you use:

Style Mozilla* FixedPPosition

?

> (supplied with the default installation).

I use the Modern style but I do not have this Mozilla resize button.
Mozilla version?

Regards, Olivier

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 17:18:16 -0400

> Style Mozilla* FixedPPosition

I was able to duplicate the problem.
FixedPPosition fixes it for me.

> I use the Modern style but I do not have this Mozilla resize button.

Its not all that obvious.
Drag the little square in the bottom right corner.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Gert Brinkmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 10:25:00 +0200

> If you define a function like this:

Is this just a temporary behaviour of the developer's version or is this 
changed definitely?

Thanks,

Gert

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 11:36:07 +0000

> Is this just a temporary behaviour of the developer's version or is this 

It may be the final behaviour, it is not decided yet. If you switch to a
function (with "M", "H", "C", "D" or "I") it is guaranteed to work just
like you specify. So if you don't want to be dependant on the old or new
behaviour of some Mouse commands in the window context, use a separate
function, it always worked in the past and should work in the future as
expected. The advantage of the complex functions is also that you may
bind more than one action to the same click depending on the click type.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 14:30:02 +0200

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 11:36:07AM +0000, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> like you specify.

I don't exactly understand what we are talking about.  The
described behaviour is nowhere in 2.4.x.  It was introduced in
2.5.7 or 2.5.6 (can't remember which).

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Jindrich Makovicka <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 18:13:10 +0200

> 2.5.7 or 2.5.6 (can't remember which).

my fault, I meant 2.5.7, not 2.4

-- 
Jindrich Makovicka