Subject: FVWM: Icons from applications

From: Uwe Pross <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 13:46:31 +0200

Hi there,

Today when I was sitting on a Windoze machine :-( running  a
X-server,  I  noticed that xfig got it's own xfig mini icon.
Playing around showed that some applications get  thier  own
icons  (e.g.  xv,  netscape,  galeon,  gimp,..)  even  under
Windooze others get the X-Win default icon. 

So I guess that the icons might come within some
applications. I don't think that X-Win sets it.

Does anybody know something about this? 

If this assumption is true can fvwm use this icons as  well?
For  example  one  could  use it as mini icon. This would be
nice :-) 

Regards, Uwe
-- 
  ,_,  Uwe Pross
 (O,O) mailto:[email-masked]
 (   ) http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~uwp
=-"-"-================================
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 16:01:20 +0200

> applications. I don't think that X-Win sets it.

Yes.

> Does anybody know something about this? 

If you use "Style * Icon, NoIconOverride" you will see these
icons in fvwm (when the window is iconified).
 
> If this assumption is true can fvwm use this icons as  well?

So, yes.

> For  example  one  could  use it as mini icon. This would be

This is not possible in general ... This is done only if the
application provide an EWMH icon (or/and mini-icon). GNOME2 and KDE>=2
(and others) provide such icons but not the applications you mention
(but galeon "2" ??)

Your feature request should be send at the good place :o)

Regards, Olivier