Subject: FVWM: FVWM 2.5.7 - Title centered vertically?

From: Marco Milanesi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 13:57:06 +0200

hi,

watch this screenshot:

	http://ada2.unipv.it/~kpanic/cazzeggi/fvwm-aqua3.png

it has title text centered horizontally

I know that a TitleStyle can be Centered (horizontally), but is it
possible to center vertically?

thank you.

ciao,
Marco

-- 
.oO ::                  kpanic / muppetslab                     :: Oo.
.oO ::        online on #muppetslab at irc.freenode.net         :: Oo.
.oO :: http://www.muppetslab.org | http://ada2.unipv.it/~kpanic :: Oo.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 14:36:57 +0200

> possible to center vertically?

The title is always centered vertically unless you use the Top or
Bottom option in your TitleStyle.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 08:46:32 -0400

> Bottom option in your TitleStyle.

I think the border and the title area being almost the same color
makes the title look like its positioned too low.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 16:51:36 +0000

> Bottom option in your TitleStyle.

This is not fully correct. Only text is centered and only if it is
shorter then the actual title height. Images are not centered.

There are several settings that affect the exact look of the titlebar.
Take a look at fvwm-themes for the tips of different titlebars looks.
Try this:

  #TitleStyle Height 20
  TitleStyle -- flat
  ButtonStyle all -- UseTitleStyle

I think this should improve your screenshot. But also be aware of the
effect Dan mentions, the border is drawn only at the top of the title,
and it has the same color.

If you use xft font you should also specify ":minspace=true:".

Regards,
Mikhael.