Subject: FVWM: Happy Birthday to everyone here!

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 21:13:06 +0000

I really enjoyed all nice messages on this list together with some
hardcore FVWM supporter voices on SlashDot. It feels very pleasing
to hear "thank you for making this world nicer" words.

But I am primary a user, so I want also to thank everyone working on
this project and supporting it.

I used X since 1993. We had Irix and other unix stations in Univercity.
I liked 4dwm. Then someone installed fvwm95 in his account (we had 5Mb
quota then, or 15Mb, depending on the account). I used it a bit, wanted
new versions, but they didn't come. Then I installed X on my home
machine and shortly discovered that fvwm95 is just a short fork of fvwm.
Then my love started. The evolution since then is clear. New features,
stable versions 2.2, 2.4, and 2.6 soon (maybe this year with your help).

So, it is a nice feeling. And I wish everyone the same. You may still
enjoy the irc chat although it is getting really late for some of us. :)

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].