Subject: FVWM: app opens windows off the screen

From: "Gregory L. Shank" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:55:52 -0400

I'm running fvwm-2.4.16 on Solaris 8 and am running into the following 
problem:

There is one app that opens some new windows outside the physical screen 
area. I can't get to the title bar to move it into view. I've turned off 
multi screen mode and edge scroll mode and have set my desktop to 1x1 
like so:

EdgeScroll 0 0
DeskTopSize 1x1

Can I force apps to always open windows on the physical desktop and if 
so, how?

Thanks,

Greg

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:51:08 +0200

> Can I force apps to always open windows on the physical desktop and if 

If you know the name, resource or class of the faulty
application's windows, you can force them on a particular page
with

  Style application_name StartsOnPage 0 0, SkipMapping

(you may or may not want the SkipMapping style).

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: "Gregory L. Shank" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:31:32 -0400

Dominik Vogt wrote:

>>There is one app that opens some new windows outside the physical screen area. I can't get to the title bar to move it into view. I've turned off multi screen mode and edge scroll mode and have set my desktop to 1x1 like so:
>>
>>EdgeScroll 0 0
>>DeskTopSize 1x1
>>
>If you know the name, resource or class of the faulty application's windows, you can force them on a particular page with
>
Thanks for the tip. The SkipMapping style was necessary, else it made no 
difference.

Greg