Subject: FVWM: Help with FvwmButtons

From: Johan Svedberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:03:05 +0200

Hi!

I'm looking for some support on a FvwmButtons configuration. I'll try to
illustrate what I'm trying to accomplish with some simple ASCII-art :-):

        +--------------------------------------------------------+
        |                                                        |
        |                                                        |
        |                                                        |
        |                                                        |
        |                                                        |
        |                                                        |
        |                                                        |
        |                                                        |
        |                       FvwmButtons                      |
        |                            |                           |
        |                            V                           |
        |                                                        |
        +--------------------------------------------------------+
        |FvwmPager|                                       |Xclock|
        +--------------------------------------------------------+

How would I setup something like the above? I want the FvwmPager and Xclock
swallowed and alligned to the left respective right.

Regards,

-- 
Johan Svedberg, [email-masked], http://www.acc.umu.se/~winkle

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:50:24 +0200

> illustrate what I'm trying to accomplish with some simple ASCII-art :-):

As long as you dont necesserily want to have *a* FvwmButton you can take
two of them - one swallowing the FvwmPager and the other swallownig the
xclock. From the FvwmButtons manpage (v2.5.7):

"When invoked with the OptionalName argument [...] FvwmButtons will then
use only the lines starting with "*OptionalName"".

So if you have something like

+ I Module FvwmButtons PagerButtons
+ I Moduel FvwmButtons XclockButtons

you can provide two different configurations one using the *PagerButtons
and one using the *XclockButtons settings.

Matthias Pfeifer, Germany

---

From: Johan Svedberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:17:14 +0200

> and one using the *XclockButtons settings.

I don't understand how this would help me?

The part that I find difficult is to position the swallowed buttons the
way I want it. Setting the Geometry of the whole "bar" isn't that hard
(just a matter of using $[vp.width]).

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 20:27:20 +0200

> I don't understand how this would help me?

My point it to have two FvwmButtons. One with geometry +0-0 (lower left)
and one with geometry -0-0 (lower right).

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:26:05 +0200

> illustrate what I'm trying to accomplish with some simple ASCII-art :-):

Simple.  Specify the number of colums you have and give an exact
position for the two apps:

  *FvwmButtonsGeometry $[vp.width]x64+0-0
  *FvwmButtonsColumns  64

  *FvwmButtons(+0+0, Swallow FvwmPager 'Module FvwmPager * *')
  *FvwmButtons(-0+0, Swallow xclock 'Exec exec xclock')
              ^^^^^^

:-)

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Johan Svedberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:35:26 +0200

>   *FvwmButtons(-0+0, Swallow xclock 'Exec exec xclock')

Ah, thanks! :-)