Subject: FVWM: Setting up Wallpaper in fvwm

From: Subba Rao <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:23:25 -0400

Hello,

I am slowly (very) getting to understand the fvwm2 configuration.  My
desktop is slowly looking the way I would like it to look like.  The only
thing missing is the wallpaper.  I am using Gnome 2 on Slackware 9 with
fvwm 2.4.16.

I tried to set a wall paper using GThumb and that did not work.  How do I setup
a wallpaper when fvwm session begins?

Thank you in advance. 

-- 
Subba Rao
[email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old American Wild West saying:       God created men but Colt made them equal.
Today:                  Linus created Linux and Linux made IT companies equal.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Phil Stracchino <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:34:03 -0400

> a wallpaper when fvwm session begins?

I use:

AddToFunc InitFunction 	"I" Module FvwmPager 0 0
+			"I" Module FvwmAuto 500 raise
+			"I" Exec xv -root -quit -max /home/alaric/Wallpaper/aurora.jpg

-- 
 .*********  Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk.  *********.
 : phil stracchino : unix ronin : renaissance man : mystic zen biker geek :
 :  [email-masked] : [email-masked] : [email-masked]  :
 :   2000 CBR929RR, 1991 VFR750F3 (foully murdered), 1986 VF500F (sold)   :
 :    Linux Now!   ...Because friends don't let friends use Microsoft.    :
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mike McNally <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:42:30 -0500

> +			"I" Exec xv -root -quit -max /home/alaric/Wallpaper/aurora.jpg

and if you don't have "xv" installed, you can use "xloadimage"
(which has different options of course).

--
[ you are my main foo ] Mike McNally -- [email-masked]