Subject: FVWM: Tiered popups don't always highlight

From: "Dameron, Gregg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 18:08:20 -0600

Running 2.4.16 on Solaris 8.

I am using MenuStyle * Win.  I have some three-tiered menus; I'll call the
tiers A, B and C.  Tier A may be posted via Menu or Popup command.  Tiers B
and C are always posted via Popup.  Once Tier A is posted, I can navigate
all three tiers by roaming the pointer -- all submenus are posted, and all
items under the pointer are highlighted.

The problem comes when I click on a submenu item in Tier A to post Tier B.
As long as I am roaming the pointer within Tier B, all items under the
pointer are highlighted and all Tier C submenus are posted.  However, if I
roam the pointer to Tier C, the items under the pointer do not highlight;
the Tier C menu items look "dead".  In order to make them highlight, I must
roam back to Tier B (highlighting still works there) and click on a submenu
item there to post Tier C.

Fortunately, an item in Tier C does respond to a click even when it doesn't
highlight.  It's just that the visual feedback is not there; it's hard to
tell that Tier C is "paying attention".

Looks like this behavior is not new -- I have a 2.4.7 setup that exhibits
the same behavior.

Can anyone reproduce this behavior?  Is there a configuration workaround?

Gregg Dameron

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:46:48 +0200

> Can anyone reproduce this behavior?  Is there a configuration workaround?

The whole idea of 'posting' a menu is to prevent that items from
other menus can be selected accidentally.  When you click, menus
go into 'posted' mode and only items in the posted menu can be
selected by mouse motion.  It works exactly the way it was
designed.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^