Subject: Re: FVWM: libreadline.so.4

From: "Rouben Rostamian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:21:35 -0400

Salvatore Leone <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I've got some problem trying to install the fvwm2(stable version) 
> averytime it says to me that I need to install  "libreadline.so.4"...
> but I know I'vr got it becouse when I write in the console:
> "whereis  libreadline.so.4" it says to me: "libreadline.so: 
> /lib/libreadline.so.4 /usr/lib/libreadline.so.4"... So Ithink that I 
> have to put the library in another  directory too, but which one??

On most Linux distributions libraries are put in two separate package.
For instance in SuSE Linux, the readline library comes in packages
named readline and readline-devel. The header files are in the second
package.  Install both and you will be OK.

-- 
Rouben Rostamian <[email-masked]>
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].