Subject: FVWM: How to screen out key bindings from emacs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 10:35:14 +0800

Hi,

I define some key bindings to some application, but they conflict with
those in emacs, is there anyway to screen those bindings out when I use
emacs? My fvwm version is 2.4.15.

Thanks
-- 
Zeng Nan

Simple is Beautiful.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 02:47:59 +0000

> emacs? My fvwm version is 2.4.15.

There is no way currently.

Some tips not to overlap your application bindings. Use 2 or 3 modifiers
from Shift, Ctrl, Alt, not one modifier for your global bindings. Use
special keyboard keys as modifiers. Replace "A" and "W" contexts in fvwm
bindings with "R". Use mouse (especially buttons greater than 5 if any).

Finally you may reconfigure your application too.

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:06:16 +0800

> Finally you may reconfigure your application too.

Thanks, "R" does the job, though I still hope there would be support for
screening out key bindings for specific programs, especially emacs and vi
in the future version of fvwm.

-- 
Zeng Nan

Simple is Beautiful.

---

From: Johan Svedberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:40:23 +0200

> in the future version of fvwm.

I semi-solution to this problem would be per-window key bindings. I
think it's been discussed to implement this, let's hope it gets done.

-- 
Johan Svedberg, [email-masked], http://www.acc.umu.se/~winkle