Subject: FVWM: Happy Birthday fvwm!

From: Alex Wallis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 19:01:42 +0930

I got my first computer in 1995 (an old 386Dx40) and immediately
installed slackware linux on it via lots & lots of floppy disks as it
had no cdrom. However it was too slow to run X properly so I soon
upgraded to a 486DX33 which I had for many years. I tried a lot of
window managers on that old 486 and although a couple came close, none
were as fast nor as flexible as fvwm. I quickly discovered that the
excellent documentation allowed a complete computer illiterate such as I
to customise his desktop any way he wants.

Over the years I have tried as many other window managers as I could,
just to compare, but I never stray from fvwm for long. I flirted with
fvwm95 for awhile, then stuck with fvwm-2.0.43b for over a year, until I
started using the cvs versions. Nowadays I try to keep my installation
as up to date as I can, and I still haven't been able to try all the
possible combinations of fvwm-themes! I think they're approaching
infinity?

Anyway, I guess I'm truly addicted to fvwm as any of the regulars on
EFNET's #linuxhelp and #redhat can attest to, as I spend much time &
energy extolling the virtues of fvwm to newbies and old time linux users
alike.

CONGRATULATIONS to all the tireless and dedicated developers of the best
window manager in the known universe, on reaching such a momentous
milestone!

Hope to see you all at the party!  :)

Alex

P.S. For those who cannot be there (or who like me live on the other
side of the planet and may be sleeping) I keep unofficial daily logs of
the channel chat on my home web server at http://awol.no-ip.org/~wombat/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].