Subject: FVWM: Fw: compilation trouble

From: mnicolet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 18:42:35 -0300

I expect that my subscription is complete when this mail arrives
I tried to build 4.2.16 on QNX 4.25, with the following configure options
$
//1/free/fvwm/fvwm-2.4.16/configure --disable-gnome-hints --disable-shape --
 disable-sm --disable-xinerama --disable-gtk-test

 After make started, the compiler stopped on libs/Graphics.c with the
 following errors

 Graphics.c(616): Error! E1011: Symbol 'M_PI' has not been declared
Graphics.c(764): Error! E1011: Symbol 'M_PI_2' has not been declared
Graphics.c(768): Error! E1011: Symbol 'M_PI' has not been declared
Graphics.c(773): Error! E1011: Symbol 'M_1_PI' has not been declared
Graphics.c(799): Error! E1011: Symbol 'M_PI_2' has not been declared
Graphics.c(803): Error! E1011: Symbol 'M_PI' has not been declared
Graphics.c(812): Error! E1011: Symbol 'M_1_PI' has not been declared

 I grepped both the include files for fvwm and those in /usr/X11R6, trying
to
figure what those ( macros ? ) could be with no luck.
Where should be the lost symbols coming from ?
I would appreciate any help
Regards
Marcelo Nicolet
PS: my version of X is XFree86 version 4.2, builded from official sources.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>
Date: 09 Jun 2003 18:14:54 -0400

> Graphics.c(812): Error! E1011: Symbol 'M_1_PI' has not been declared
[snip]

These should be defined in your system's math.h.  M_PI is π
(3.14159...), M_PI_2 is π/2, M_1_PI is 1/π.  You should be able to
figure out any other constants based on that, should you need to define
them by hand.  I'm not sure what calculations pi is used in offhand, but
you should probably use at least 10-20 digits after the decimal point.

-- 
Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:13:45 +0200

On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 06:14:54PM -0400, Ben Winslow wrote:
> These should be defined in your system's math.h.

Sounds like a badly broken system header file.

> M_PI is ??
> (3.14159...), M_PI_2 is ??/2, M_1_PI is 1/??.  You should be able to
> them by hand.  I'm not sure what calculations pi is used in offhand,

For the calculations of some gradient patterns.

> but

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:41:25 +0200

> > > Graphics.c(812): Error! E1011: Symbol 'M_1_PI' has not been declared

I have commited a workaround to 2.4.17 and 2.5.8.  Should probably
be handled by the configure script, though.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^