Subject: FVWM: need help with Prev (XTerm) Focus

From: "Rouben Rostamian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 13:08:10 -0400

I have:

Style XTerm SloppyFocus

AddToFunc RestartFunction
+ I Prev (XTerm) Focus
+ I Echo I am in restart

I expect the focus to go to an xterm after a Restart but this
does not seem to work.  After executing a Restart, either through
a menu or a key binding, none of my xterms gain focus.

On the other hand, if I execute "Prev (XTerm) Focus" via FvwmConsole,
the focus is transfered to an xterm correctly.

Am I doing something wrong in what I have described above or should
I look for the source of the trouble somewhere else?

Version: 2.5.7

-- 
Rouben Rostamian <[email-masked]>
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:17:59 +0200

> I look for the source of the trouble somewhere else?

The command is executed too early.  Fvwm has not yet captured the
applications windows, so it does not have a window to focus.  Try
to focus the window *before* the restart:

  addtofunc my_restart
  + i prev (XTerm) Focus
  + i restart

Unless the focus policy tells something else, the window will
retain the focus over the restart.  This may not work well with
SloopyFocus or MouseFocus.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^