Subject: FVWM: Version 2.5.7

From: Subba Rao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:19:41 -0400

I am trying to compile and install fvwm version 2.5.7 on Slackware 9.0 and I
got the following error messages during the install.  The build went fine
though.

===============================
/bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /usr/X11R6/bin
  /usr/bin/ginstall -c fvwm /usr/X11R6/bin/fvwm
/bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /usr/X11R6/share/fvwm
 /usr/bin/ginstall -c -m 644 ConfigFvwmDefaults /usr/X11R6/share/fvwm/ConfigFvwmDefaults
 /usr/bin/ginstall -c -m 644 ConfigFvwmSetup /usr/X11R6/share/fvwm/ConfigFvwmSetup
/bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /usr/X11R6/man/man1
 /usr/bin/ginstall -c -m 644 ./fvwm.1 /usr/X11R6/man/man1/fvwm.1
/usr/bin/ginstall: cannot stat `/usr/X11R6/man/man1/fvwm.1': Too many levels of symbolic links
make[2]: *** [install-man1] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/source/fvwm-2.5.7/fvwm'
make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/source/fvwm-2.5.7/fvwm'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
===============================

The file "/usr/X11R6/man/man1/fvwm.1" is a symbolic link "fvwm2.1".  And
"fvwm2.1" was pointing to "fvwm.1" which is an infinitely recursive symbolic
link.  I deleted the links and the installation went fine.

-- 
Subba Rao
[email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old American Wild West saying:       God created men but Colt made them equal.
Today:                  Linus created Linux and Linux made IT companies equal.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].