Subject: FVWM: mailing-list(s) upgrades

From: Nadim Shaikli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 20:48:34 -0700 (PDT)

Well with fvwm being 10 years young, I would like to suggest that the
mailing-lists be upgraded (to coincide with the occasion) -

 1. obfuscate/hide email addresses (we all get enough spam as is and
    there is no sense in making it easy for those bots to collect
    every poster's valid email address).  MHonArc fortunately is already
    used on fvwm's current lists to generate the html pages, newer versions
    of MHonArc though make it VERY simple and easy to hide email address
    and to scramble 'em (Jason, I can most certainly help if you like; its
    alot simpler than you think).  So instead of seeing [email-masked]'
    we can make it anything akin to 'USER _at_ company (dot) com' or
    whatever is deemed reasonable (sky's the limit).

 2. It would also nice to view posts real-time (or on an hourly basis)
    without having to wait for the cron job to fire-off at 5am :-)  For
    us archive readers, that might be of great help and interest.

Regards,

 - Nadim

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!
http://sbc.yahoo.com
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Phil Stracchino <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 01:19:23 -0400

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 08:48:34PM -0700, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
>     every poster's valid email address).

If you're going to upgrade the lists (not saying you are, just
responding to the suggestion), I'd suggest switching from Majordomo to
Mailman.  It's faster, more featureful, a lot more secure, and has
built-in address hiding already.

(Is Majordomo even maintained any more?)

-- 
 .*********  Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk.  *********.
 : phil stracchino : unix ronin : renaissance man : mystic zen biker geek :
 :  [email-masked] : [email-masked] : [email-masked]  :
 :   2000 CBR929RR, 1991 VFR750F3 (foully murdered), 1986 VF500F (sold)   :
 :    Linux Now!   ...Because friends don't let friends use Microsoft.    :
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].