Subject: Re: FVWM: FVWM1/FVWM2 border rendering discrepancies?

From: "Rouben Rostamian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 22:38:28 -0400

Phil Stracchino <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 09:45:16PM -0400, Dan Espen wrote:
> > Phil Stracchino <[email-masked]> writes:
> > > Here's the updated .gif comparing all three (oh yeah, and with eight
> > > days to go, Unisys can bite me).  Can anyone tell me how to get closer
> > > to the fvwm1 border rendering?
> > 
> > If you use colorsets, you get to pick the shadow colors yourself.
> 
> OK.  Can you (or someone) briefly explain colorsets to me, or tell me
> which manpage to look in?

Here is what I have:

-----
Colorset 1 fg DarkOliveGreen, bg gray60, hi gray75, sh gray30
Colorset 2 fg DarkGreen, bg gray85, hi gray95, sh gray40

Style * Colorset 1
Style * HilightColorset 2
-----

Each colorset specifies background, foreground, hilight and shadow
colors.  Experiment.  Try setting highlight and shadow colors to really
odd stuff to see how they affect the rendering of window decorations.

A good place to start reading about Colorset is the man page
for FvwmTheme.  Additional information is in the fvwm's man
page.

-- 
Rouben Rostamian <[email-masked]>
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Phil Stracchino <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 01:14:32 -0400

> odd stuff to see how they affect the rendering of window decorations.

Um.....    What's the minimum version required for this feature?  I'm
using fvwm-2.4.16, and it doesn't appear to work.  From your mention of
FvwmTheme, I'm guessing I have to be running 2.5.something to use this.
Am I right?

-- 
 .*********  Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk.  *********.
 : phil stracchino : unix ronin : renaissance man : mystic zen biker geek :
 :  [email-masked] : [email-masked] : [email-masked]  :
 :   2000 CBR929RR, 1991 VFR750F3 (foully murdered), 1986 VF500F (sold)   :
 :    Linux Now!   ...Because friends don't let friends use Microsoft.    :
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Phil Stracchino <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 02:35:33 -0400

> FvwmTheme, I'm guessing I have to be running 2.5.something to use this.

Never mind ....  due to a stupid error on my part, FvwmTheme wasn't
loading.  And with the aid of Colorsets, I now have my window borders
looking pretty much how I want them.  And so long as I have FvwmTheme
loaded anyway, maybe I'll look into fropping a nice marble or granite
bitmap into the titlebars ...   :)