Subject: FVWM: Fitting a Swallowed App into the Button

From: Jake Colman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 14:14:39 -0400

I am fairly new at trying to configure fvwm so please bear with me.

In the following configuration

*BarButtons: (Swallow (NoClose, UseOld) "bubblemon" "Exec exec bubblemon -d -k")

The bubblemon display has a border at the top and left sides if the button.
is this supposed to be like this?  Or should be display fill the entire
button?  Or can a border be placed at the right and bottom edges as well?

I realize it's probably doing it this way since it want to appear like a
depressable button.  But since this isn't really a button, the border doesn't
seem to me to be quite right.

I am using fvwm 2.4.15.

Thanks!

-- 
Jake Colman                     

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 209-2467
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza Two                          E-mail: [email-masked]
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  www.principiapartners.com
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 20:34:07 +0000

> button?  Or can a border be placed at the right and bottom edges as well?

It depends on many things, for example on other buttons.
To force a specific button size (64x64 in this case) do:

  *BarButtons: ButtonGeometry 64x64+0+0

> I realize it's probably doing it this way since it want to appear like
> a depressable button.  But since this isn't really a button, the border
> doesn't seem to me to be quite right.

To disable the 3d look, do:

  *BarButtons: Frame 0

You may also control the free space between the button frame and its
contents using:

  *BarButtons: Padding 0

There are more options, all are described in the FvwmButtons man page.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 19:40:56 +0000

*BarButtons: Frame 0

  *BarButtons: Padding 0

Regards,
Mikhael.