Subject: FVWM: fvwm and cygwin

From: "Stephen Biggs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 19:43:30 +0200

Hi all,

I give up.  I tried searching all of the "man" pages and search engines 
on the Internet for how to do this, but came up dry.

Running the latest cygwin on Windows 98.  I installed all of the Xserver 
and fvwm from cygwin setup, as well as the xpm-.

It seems that fvwm doesn't want to install itself into the cygwin XFree86 
run system, so I added a line in startxwin.sh below the commented out 
line for twm that runs 'fvwm2 &'.  I couldn't see anything else to do, 
and now, when I run startxwin.sh, I get the fvwm but a huge amount of 
errors.  Also, when I try to shutdown the xserver, fvwm shuts down, but 
then it tries to continue running the Xserver until I shut that down 
explicitly with Alt-F4.

Here is the output from a run of startxwin.sh.  What am I missing?
[FVWM][ReadDecorFace]: <<ERROR>> couldn't load pixmap mini.winXX-close.xpm
[FVWM][ReadDecorFace]: <<ERROR>> couldn't load pixmap mini.winXX-maximize.xpm
[FVWM][ReadDecorFace]: <<ERROR>> couldn't load pixmap mini.winXX-minimize.xpm
[FVWM][CMD_Style]: <<ERROR>> Bad style option:  \
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'StaysOnTop,'
[FVWM][CMD_Style]: <<ERROR>> Bad style option:  \
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'IconBox'
[FVWM][AddToFunction]: <<ERROR>> Got '' instead of a valid function specifier
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'I'
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from side.fvwm2.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from screen.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from modules.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from shells.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from programs.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from documents.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from settings.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from find1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from help.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from run.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from shutdown.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.term.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.term.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.start.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.modules.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.desktop.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.books.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.display.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.turn.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.stop.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.term.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.term.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.term.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.term.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.connect.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.hammer.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.pencil.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.question.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.filemgr.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.edit.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.telnet.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.connect.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.paint.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.cd.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.happy.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.calc.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.zoom.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.font.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.clock.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.camera.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.camera.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.clipboard.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.term.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.clock.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.edit.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.edit.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.connect.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.mail.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.happy.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.eyes.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.bx2.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.raise.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.iconify.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rainbow.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.ray.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.pencil.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.pencil.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.pencil.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.xterm.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.bug2.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.icons.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.run.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.question.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.pager.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.sound.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.telnet.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.exp.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.windows.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.pencil.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.bomb.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.raise.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.iconify.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rainbow.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.ray.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.pencil.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.pencil.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.pencil.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.xterm.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.bug2.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.icons.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.run.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.question.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.pager.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.sound.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.telnet.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.exp.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.windows.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.pencil.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.fvwm.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.iconify.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.windows.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.raise.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.display.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.ray.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.pencil.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.pencil.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.pager.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.audiovol.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.pencil.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.windows.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.x.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.turn.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.edit.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.turn.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.zoom.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.cat.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.keyboard.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.audiovol.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.monitor.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.fvwm.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.fvwm.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.fvwm.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.fvwm.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.exp.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.exp.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.exp.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.exp.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.icons.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.icons.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.run.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.run.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.run.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.windows.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.windows.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.icons.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.windows.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.iconify.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.cross.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.iconify.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.raise.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.raise.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.raise.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.raise.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.modules.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.cross.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rainbow.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.cross.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.colors.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.colors.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.colors.xpm
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'do'
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.rball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.ray.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.cross.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.pencil.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.pencil.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.cross.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.pencil.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.cross.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.pencil.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.cross.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.pencil.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.cross.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.audiovol.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.cross.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.raise2.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.window.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.lower2.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.audiovol.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.keyboard.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.monitor.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.mouse.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.turn.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.turn.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.turn.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.turn.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.turn.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.turn.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.turn.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.fvwm.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.window.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.x2.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.turn.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.turn.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.turn.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.turn.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.diskette.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.diskette.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.diskette.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.diskette.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.mouse.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.mouse.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.mouse.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.colors.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.colors.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.maximize2.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.cross.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.maximize-horiz.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.maximize-vert.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.maximize2.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.maximize2.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.mouse.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.mouse.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.cat.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.cat.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.keyboard.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.keyboard.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.sound.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.cross.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.colors.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.fractal.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.xarchie.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.monitor.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.bball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.bball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.bball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.bball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.bball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.bball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.bball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.bball.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.cross.xpm
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command '$(ps'
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.folder.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.folder.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.folder.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.folder.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.book1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.turn.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.fvwm.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.twm.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.term.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.move1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.resize3.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.iconify1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.maximize1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.maximize-horiz1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.maximize-vert1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.shade1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.stick1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.raise2.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.lower2.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.cross.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.delete.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.bomb.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.move1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.windows.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.window.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.windows.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.question.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.windows.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.move1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.resize3.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.iconify1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.maximize1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.maximize-horiz1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.maximize-vert1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.shade1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.stick1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.delete.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.question.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.window.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.move1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.windows.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.iconify1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.shade1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.stick1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.maximize1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.window.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.delete.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.question.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.window.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.move1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.move1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.move1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.move1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.move1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.move1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.move1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.move1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.iconify1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.iconify1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.shade1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.shade1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.raise2.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.lower2.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.cross.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.delete.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.bomb.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.move1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.move1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.move1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.move1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.move1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.move1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.move1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.move1.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.window.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.window.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.window.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.window.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.raise2.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.window.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.lower2.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.window.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.window.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.window.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.window.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.window.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.window.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.window.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.window.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.window.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.window.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.resize3.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.resize3.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.mouse.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.mouse.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.mouse.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.mouse.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.windows.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.windows.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.windows.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.window.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.window.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.icons.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini.ray.xpm
[FVWM][ChangeMenuStyle]: <<ERROR>> cannot find menu MenuSSaver
[FVWM][CMD_Style]: <<ERROR>> Bad style option: \
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'BorderWidth'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'Action(Mouse'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'Action(Mouse'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'Action(Mouse'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'Action(Mouse'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'Action(Mouse'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'Action(Mouse'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'Action(Mouse'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'Action(Mouse'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'xload'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'geometry'
[FVWM][CMD_Style]: <<ERROR>> Bad style option: \
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'CirculateSkip'
[FVWM][CMD_Style]: <<ERROR>> Bad style option: \
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'BorderWidth'
[FVWM][CMD_Style]: <<ERROR>> Bad style option:  \
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'WindowListSkip,'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'Swallow'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'MyPanelButtons'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'Action(Mouse'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'Swallow'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'MyPanelButtons'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'Action(Mouse'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'Swallow'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'MyPanelButtons'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'Action(Mouse'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'Swallow'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'Swallow'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'Swallow'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'Swallow'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'Swallow'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'Swallow'
Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'Swallow'
[FVWM][CMD_Style]: <<ERROR>> Bad style option:  \
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'TitleAtBottom'
[FVWM][CMD_Style]: <<ERROR>> Bad style option: \
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'BorderWidth'
[FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'xload'
BarButtons: Illegal button option ""
BarButtons: Illegal button option ""
BarButtons: Illegal button option ""
BarButtons: Illegal button option ""
nice: : not found
: No such file or directory
[FvwmScript-Quit][LoadIcon]: <<WARNING>> Unable to load pixmap shutdown.xpm
[FvwmScript-Quit][LoadIcon]: <<WARNING>> Unable to load pixmap shutdown.xpm

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 13:08:02 -0400

> then it tries to continue running the Xserver until I shut that down 

What version of fvwm are you running?

> [FVWM][ReadDecorFace]: <<ERROR>> couldn't load pixmap mini.winXX-close.xpm

Fvwm can't seem to find any of your images.
Have you downloaded the icons package?
Have you set the ImagePath to point to the directory containing the icons?

> [FVWM][execute_function]: <<ERROR>> No such command 'StaysOnTop,'

This looks like Fvwm might be having a problem understanding backslashes.
Do you have a style command that looks like:

Style * xxxx \
  StaysOnTop

Is there a space after the backslash (there shouldn't be one).

On your issue with shutdown, stopping Fvwm doesn't have to stop
X.  If you want that to happen, the command to execute fvwm should
be the last commmand in your .xinitrc and there should be no ampersand
after the command.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:21:14 -0700

> Is there a space after the backslash (there shouldn't be one).

To go further, I suspect that maybe you're experiencing
line-termination confusion. Maybe your fvwm configuration is CRLF
terminated (network standard) instead of Unix-traditional LF?

Cygwin now lets you choose line-termination preference when you
install it, so that might also have some bearing here.
-- 
[email-masked]                      http://www.mikehan.com/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"What was your username?" - BOFH
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 13:28:59 -0400

> install it, so that might also have some bearing here.

I suppose that could account for all the errors.  If there
is some invisible character being added to the end of all the
pixmap names, Fvwm won't be able to find any of them.

I haven't fooled with Cygwin for a long time, I don't remember any
option like that.

---

From: "Stephen Biggs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 02:18:27 +0200

> install it, so that might also have some bearing here.

My Cygwin installation is Unix LF.

Ok, that helped a little. Thanks.  I ran dos2unix on all the files in my 
~/.fvwm directory and got rid of the syntax errors.

I am still not loading any of the *.xpm files because they are nowhere to 
be found!

Also, "xload" is nowhere to be found.

Help!  This seems to be a broken installation.  Should I be asking about 
this in the Cygwin/XFree86 list, instead?
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 20:46:55 -0400

> I am still not loading any of the *.xpm files because they are nowhere to 

Download the Fvwm icons package:

http://www.fvwm.org/download/icons.php
Install it then add an ImagePath command to your .fvwm2rc to point to
where you installed it.

> Also, "xload" is nowhere to be found.

Don't know.  xload is a pretty common X package, but I don't know
if its part of the Cygwin stuff.  I doubt a Unix perf meter will be useful
on w98, you should probably not worry about it.

> this in the Cygwin/XFree86 list, instead?

I don't know.  Where did you get your fvwm config from?

---

From: "Stephen Biggs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 03:55:26 +0200

Hi...

Thanks for the help.

> Install it then add an ImagePath command to your .fvwm2rc to point to

I did this, and it is now a LOT better, but it is still missing a bunch 
of icons that the scripts are asking for.  The version that Cygwin uses 
is 2.4.7 with an extra "-2" on the version number, probably indicating 
Cygwin tweaks.

> on w98, you should probably not worry about it.

That's what I figured... the error message is irritating, tho...

> I don't know.  Where did you get your fvwm config from?

It was part of the XFree binary download which is part of the Cygwin 
setup download.  I think I'll go to that list because my problems seem to 
be more related to the Cygwin/XFree86 packaging than any issues with fvwm 
as a whole.  Very nice package, and I hope I can get it to work fully!

Thanks again, everybody, for your help.