Subject: FVWM: xmms, xine, etc.

From: Mandar Mitra <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 13:08:27 +0530

Hello,

I have EdgeResistance set to 10000 10000 (no moving off/scrolling).
But some of the new applications like xmms, xine, RealOne, etc.
don't seem to honour the EdgeResistance settings.

I can click on the title bar and move these windows, even though 
this is not in my fvwm bindings, and I can move them off the current 
page as well. 

I also have (Meta + Mouse2) bound to move. When I use this to move 
these windows, they stop at the page boundary as they should.

Is this because of some builtin bindings that these applications
define, which override my fvwm bindings? Just curious.

Thanks,
Mandar.

ps: I'm using fvwm-2.4.15-1 on RH 7.3.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 10:30:44 +0200

> this is not in my fvwm bindings, and I can move them off the current 

When you use the fvwm title bar or the application builtin
title bar?
 
> define, which override my fvwm bindings? Just curious.

Yes, it is (If I well understand: the moving operation is done with
the app bultin title bar).

Regards, Olivier