Subject: FVWM: bubblemon colors on solaris - solved!

From: Jake Colman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 08:42:35 -0400

I had posted a message last week about problems with the color display on a
Solaris system.  At least two people responded with confirmations of the
problem and suggesting that it might be a big-endian/little-endian
problem.  This was a correct analysis of the problem but the code was
designed to deal with those differences.  The problem is with the compiler.

To fix the problem, replace the fancy

#if (defined(__BYTE_ORDER) && defined(__LITTLE_ENDIAN) && (__BYTE_ORDER == __LITTLE_ENDIAN)) || defined(_LITTLE_ENDIAN) || (BYTE_ORDER == LITTLE_ENDIAN)

at appx line #911 with the simpler

#if 0

Apparently, the compiler being used does not support the __BYTE_ORDER and/or
__LITTLE_ENDIAN defined constants.  If you know you are on a big-endian
machine, simply force the compiler to read the appropriate code and you'll be
fine.

Please let me know if this works for you.

...Jake

-- 
Jake Colman                     

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 209-2467
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza Two                          E-mail: [email-masked]
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  www.principiapartners.com
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 14:54:05 +0200

> Please let me know if this works for you.

You should really send this to the bubblemon developers, not the
fvwm list ;-)

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Jake Colman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 10:13:35 -0400

I did.  I originally posted a plea for help with the hope other users of fvwm
had seen this problem and knew how to fix it (since the developer could
not).  As a courtesy to those users I posted the fix here.

>>>>> "DV" == Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

   DV> You should really send this to the bubblemon developers, not the
   DV> fvwm list ;-)

-- 
Jake Colman