Subject: FVWM: fvwm-menu-desktop creates empty menus

From: "Felix E. Klee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 10:25:08 +0200

Hi,

when I call fvwm-menu-desktop as follows I only get a hierarchy of empty 
menus.

    export KDEDIR=/opt/kde3 # --install-prefix=/opt/kde3 doesn't work
    fvwm-menu-desktop --desktop kde-user

Is fvwm-menu-desktop just broken or am I doing something wrong?

Felix

-- 
To contact me in private don't reply but send email to 
  felix DOT klee AT inka DOT de
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 10:32:40 +0000

> Is fvwm-menu-desktop just broken or am I doing something wrong?

It may or may not not support KDE 3 yet, but try this, it should work
more or less:

  fvwm-menu-desktop --dir /opt/kde3/share/applnk --wm-icons

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: "Felix E. Klee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 13:47:58 +0200

>   fvwm-menu-desktop --dir /opt/kde3/share/applnk --wm-icons

Thanks, this does indeed work. However, I need the user menu (from 
/home/felix/.kde/applnk), not the system wide menu.

But I found the reason for my problem: The entries in the user menu were 
mostly created by CrossOver Office. For example:

    CrossOver Reset.desktop:
        # KDE Config File
        [Desktop Entry]
        Name=Reset CrossOver
        Exec="/home/felix/local/lib/cxoffice/bin/cxreset"  
        Type=Application
        Comment=
        X-Created-by=CrossOver Office
        Icon=/home/felix/local/lib/cxoffice/support/cxreset.xpm

The problem is the Exec line. If I change it for example to 
        Exec=xterm
then it works.

So now my question becomes: Why does fvwm-menu-desktop have problems with 
the above valid Exec line? Will this be fixed soon?

Felix

---

From: "Felix E. Klee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 14:44:20 +0200

On Saturday 17 May 2003 13:47, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> the above valid Exec line? 

It seems to be that the check_app subroutine in fvwm-menu-desktop is broken. 
After using the option "--nocheck-app" everything works fine.

Felix