Subject: Re: FVWM: cvs up today, but something wrong

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 11:08:49 +0800 (CST)

Hi,

  Sorry for wrong typing "shadow =1..." :(  It is "shadow=1..."
  I am using gentoo linux, the X version is 4.3.0, fontconfig version is 2.2.0.
  The configure output tells me:
  "
 With Asian bi-direct. text support? yes
  With Gettext Native Lang Support?   yes (libc)
  With GTK+ required for FvwmGtk?     yes
  With GDK image support in FvwmGtk?  yes
  With GNOME libs support in FvwmGtk? yes
  With PNG image support?             yes
  With ReadLine sup. in FvwmConsole?  yes
  With RPlay support in FvwmEvent?    no: Can't find working librplay
  With Shaped window support?         yes
  With Shared memory for XImage?      yes
  With Session Management support?    yes
  With Mouse strokes (gestures)?      yes
  With Xinerama multi-head support?   yes
  With Xft anti-alias font support?   no: Can't detect Xft 1 or fontconfig
  With XPM image support?             yes
  With Xrender image support?         yes

  "
  Indeed, I have Xft in /usr/X11R6/lib (libXft.so.2 ...), even I use 
  ./configure --with-xft-prefix=/usr/X11R6/lib --with-exec-xft-prefix=/usr/X11R6
  , I can not enable xft :(

------------------------------------------------------------------
Ȩ������ ���ſ�ͣ����黥�� ���Ŵ��顣
��ӭ�������������Ƶ����http://sms.people.com.cn

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 16:01:28 +0200

>   , I can not enable xft :(

Take a look at config.log after ./configure ...  and search for
fontconfig-config in this file.  This may help you/me to detect the
problem.  Do you have fontconfig-config somewhere (in path)?  Do you
have the appropriate devel packages? It is possible that
fontconfig+Xft1+Xft2 are packaged separately (i.e., not with
XFree). Sorry, but I know nothing about gentoo linux.

Regards, Olivier

---

From: "S. Anderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 09:24:57 -0600

> XFree). Sorry, but I know nothing about gentoo linux.

Newer versions of gentoo linux don't install a fontconfig-config script.
Insead they expect you to use something like `pkg-config fontconfig --libs`
The way gentoo implements the xft stuff is pretty wacked. I forget
exactly what i did here to fix it, but, I belive all I did was make a
wrapper script for fontconfig-config.

sa@m ~ % cat /usr/bin/fontconfig-config
#!/bin/bash
pkg-config fontconfig $*

You might have to edit /usr/lib/pkgconfig/fontconfig.pc and or
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/xft.pc to fix some things too.

hth,
sa