Subject: FVWM: bug report

From: Michael Lashkevich <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 13:13:54 +0400 (MSD)

Dear Developers,

I installed "fvwm-2.4.15" as an "rpm" package under Linux RedHat 7.2.
There is a bug: from time to time, while launching the Nedit editor FVWM
produces the window without the title bar, and with WindowListSkip and
Sticky properties turned on.

There were no such problem with previous versions of FVWM, so I attribute
this bug to FVWM rather than to Nedit.

Best regards,

Michael Lashkevich
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 11:29:23 +0200

> this bug to FVWM rather than to Nedit.

Might "from time to time" have something to do with the window
title?  If you edit a file, it's name shows up in nedit's title
bar.  If that title matches a style definition, that style is
applied to the window title.  E.g. if you have

  Style FvwmButtons NoTitle, Sticky, WindowListSkip

and run

  $ nedit FvwmButtons

this would cause the described effect.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Michael Lashkevich <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 13:43:55 +0400 (MSD)

> applied to the window title.  E.g. if you have
No, no. It happens quite randomly. I have no files like "FvwmButtons".
Besides, when it happens, I close Nedit and restart it with the same
filename in the command line, and usually it starts again properly.

Michael

---

From: Michael Lashkevich <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 21:39:10 +0400 (MSD)

I am sorry, you are right. It takes place when I start "nedit --server
.alwaysblock", but I have a line

Style "*lock" NoTitle, NoHandles, Sticky, WindowListSkip

in my ".fvwm2rc".

Best regards and thank you for a prompt answer,

Michael