Subject: FVWM: Two simple questions.

From: Lars Segerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 18:34:23 +0200

I am trying to have a different background pixmap for highlighted 
entries ( Items ) in a menu ), is this possible and where shall I look , 
( I have been doing quite a lot of rtfm .. and I suspect that I can 
define some kind of HighliteForeground for each item to slve this.

  Second, how can I use pixmaps on an FvwmTaskBar ?

  cheers, Lars Segerlund.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 17:42:40 -0400

> define some kind of HighliteForeground for each item to slve this.

I don't believe this is possible, this is from the man page:

              ActiveColorset works exactly like MenuColorset, but
              the foreground from the colorset replaces the color
              given with the ActiveFore menu style and  the  col
              orset's  background  color replaces the color given
              with the HilightBack command (to turn on background
              hilighting  you  have  to  use the HilightBack menu
              style too).  If specified, the hilight  and  shadow
              colors  from the colorset are used too.  The pixmap
              and shape mask from  the  colorset  are  not  used.
              Hilighting  the  background  or  foreground  can be
              turned off individually with the  ActiveForeOff  or
              HilightBackOff menu styles.

(The part about the pixmap not being used.)

>   Second, how can I use pixmaps on an FvwmTaskBar ?

Use colorsets, something like this:

Colorset 0 pixmap weird10.xpm
*FvwmTaskBar: Colorset 0

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 00:53:33 +0200

> I don't believe this is possible, this is from the man page:

No, its not possible because with the way fvwm's menus are
implemented, this would be way too slow.  The whole menu would be
redrawn every time you select a new item.  Some time in the future
perhaps.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].