Subject: FVWM: FvwmTaskBar tip delay

From: "Tony J. White" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 15:00:48 -0500 (CDT)

I'm interested in getting the tool Tips in FvwmTaskBar to pop up immediately
when the mose is moved over a button.

I'm not having any luck finding where this timeout is set.

I notice that if I have a Tip showing and I quickly move the mose to another
button, the tip comes up instantly, but if I just move the mouse cursor over
the button there is ~1 second of delay.

Can someone point me in the right direction here?

-Tony
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 20:16:09 +0000

> I'm not having any luck finding where this timeout is set.

Well, if the man page does not mention a timeout for tips, there is no
such option.

> the button there is ~1 second of delay.

Yes, kind of inconsistency. A feature or a bug, whatever name you prefer.

> Can someone point me in the right direction here?

Not me, I guess.

Regards,
Mikhael.