Subject: FVWM: window list does not make chosen window active

From: Erik Steffl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 19:15:16 -0700

I have the window list sort of working but it does not make the 
window active, no matter what I do the previous window remains active. I 
tried to use both keys and mouse to select item from window list.

here are what I think re relevant parts of my config file"

Key Tab    A   M    WindowList Root c c
Key Tab    A   M2    WindowList Root c c
...
Mouse 3	R    	A      	WindowList

system:
   fvwm 2.4.0
   freeBSD 4.8, 20030410 build

   any ideas? TIA!

	erik

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 10:16:09 +0000

>   freeBSD 4.8, 20030410 build

Did you install fvwm using "make install"? You should always do this.

If so you should have WindowListFunc defined in ConfigFvwmDefaults.

If for some reason you don't have this function defined or you
incorrectly redefined it, search the man page for "WindowListFunc".

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Erik Steffl <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 10:37:56 -0700

> incorrectly redefined it, search the man page for "WindowListFunc".

   I installed the freeBSD port (so I did not do make install). 
Apparently the problem is missing ConfigFvwmDefaults, I saw fvwm 
complaining about it but since 'everything' works I didn't pay any 
attention to the warning:-)

   thank you,

	erik