Subject: FVWM: Re: FvwmPager - Marking the Active Page

From: Nadim Shaikli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 12:01:42 -0700 (PDT)

Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> On 28 May 2003 17:09:59 -0400, Jake Colman wrote:
> > 
> > Is there a way to make it more obvious which page of the desktop is
> > actually active?  With my configuration, the background of the active
> > page is white. But on a busy page, there isn't enough background
> > visible to make the white area noticeable.
> 
> The empty space background is the only way currently to mark the current
> page, so if some windows occupy all the screen, there is a problem.
> At least the current desk is easier to recognize in a pager.
> 
> Maybe in the future a pager will have a better looking graphics with
> possible 3d looking pages, but not now.

A possible simplistic suggestion could be to mark the borders of the page
with a solid (and/or darker) line instead of the current dashed one.  That
in effect would make it rather obvious what's in focus.

I haven't looked at the code, but my guess is that the dashed lines are
drawn once and not worried about.  If that is the case, one could simply
superimpose a solid (or darker/thicker) line on the focused page borders
(if the user opted for it) at the expense of a couple of pixels from
neighboring pages (ie. their edges).

Just an idea,

 - Nadim

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to Outlook(TM).
http://calendar.yahoo.com
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].