Subject: FVWM: question on positioning an FvmwButtons object

From: "Rouben Rostamian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 14:48:01 -0400

I wish to position a button bar, created using FvmwButtons,
horizontally centered along the bottom edge of the screen.

Currently, I use m4 preprocessing to calculate the dimensions of the
button bar by summing individual button sizes and paddings.  Based on
that, I calculate the (x,y) coordinates needed to position the bar.
This is too complex and error-prone.  For instance, button sizes can
be affected by the length of a button's title and its font.

Is it possible that there is a straightforward method for doing such
a placement?

Actually, for my purposes it would suffice if there is a hook
which gives the total width of the button bar after it is created
and before it is mapped to the screen.

I am using version 2.4.5, if that matters.

-- 
Rouben Rostamian <[email-masked]>
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 19:21:43 +0000

> I am using version 2.4.5, if that matters.

There is no currently a Center (you want CenterBottom) placement.
You may use the following technique if you find it suitable.

Start FvwmButtons using a function that Wait's for it and then moves
it, like described in FAQ #3.18. To center it, use FAQ #7.14.

Regards,
Mikhael.