Subject: FVWM: Happy Birthday, Fvwm!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 23:08:26 +0200

In 1996 I installed my first Linux system, and ever since then I
have been using fvwm.  I compared it with dozens of other window
managers, but everything else seemed feeble.

Hell, without fvwm I wouldn't be able to visit the IRC chat this
evening:  my trackball is broken and I now depend solely on fvwm's
capability of being controlled with the keyboard only :-D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FVWM!

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andre Bonhote <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 23:49:11 +0200

On Sat, May 31, 2003 at 11:08:26PM +0200, [email-masked] wrote:
> have been using fvwm. 

Hey, the same with me! It came with my first SuSE X.Y, looked pretty
strange compared to what I had used before (Windows, OS/2) but was quite
usable already.

Additionally, the .fvwm2rc delivered with my distribution seemed to me
like a real programming language - which made it doubly interesting :)

> I compared it with dozens of other window

*sign*

Happy Birthday, Fvwm2! Thanks to all the developers who made and still
make it the most versatile window manager on earth!

Cheers!

André
-- 
Every cloud engenders not a storm.
                -- William Shakespeare, "Henry VI"