Subject: FVWM: Happy birthday!

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 23:47:31 +0200 (CEST)

I had my first serious "meeting" with UNIX workstations when I started
university back in 1995. Those where Suns (some of them where even Sparc
4's... :-) ).
They run OpenWindows (olwm). It was quite different from what I was used
to from home, Amiga.
Then in 1997 I changed to another department, they used Fvwm. Someone
showed me how to change some things like focus policy in .fvwmrc (this was
Fvwm 2.0.46, but compiled with binary name fvwm). Then I got hooked on
editing my .fvwmrc

Even if hadn't used mwm (motif), I viewed this for some reason as the way
UNIX should look... So I manipulated some, and got up with a configuration
that I liked.
This is what my configuration is still today, though I skipped the
button-bar and has made some scripts to setup colour schemes and such.

//Marcus

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].