Subject: FVWM: xinerama, menu turns up on wrong screen

From: Marc Dirix <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 07:56:51 +0200

Hi,

Currently I'm using two monitors with xfree xinerema.
I'm using fvwm 2.5.6
Formerly when using 2.4.10 everything worked fine.

But currently, when I click on my desktop the "menu" will always show up on
the first screen, even if I'm clicking on the second on.
Afterwards the program will show up on the screen where my mouse is, so this
is working fine.

It is also not possible for me to move the pager to the second screen!
With FvwmButtons  everything works fine again. 
(Both I give the geometry addon -0-0 (so top right corner).

-- 
Thanks,

Marc aka IzNoGood
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 11:31:40 +0200

> (Both I give the geometry addon -0-0 (so top right corner).

Can you provide a minimal config file for that and detailed
instructions how I can reproduce it?

And if it's not too inconvenient, please disable your Xinerama X
setup (so you have only one screen) and configure fvwm with the
--enable-xinerama-emulation option instead.  You will see some
white or black lines dividing the viewport into several "screens".
Does the problem happen with this setup too?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Marc Dirix <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 18:20:42 +0200

Hi,
I have seperated my .fvwm file in a few loose files, please find them attached.
I've done this to speed up things when in need for a change,
(I now some thing probably ain't that neat)

Furthermore my config file is a shoot off of one of the example ones and
then turned over into this peace of homebrew :)

I'm going to try with the emulation next, so I'll come back later
to put on the results!

Thanks
Marc

-- 
Thanks,

Marc aka IzNoGood

---

From: Marc Dirix <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 18:38:25 +0200

Oeps

-- 
Thanks,

Marc aka IzNoGood

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 09:49:08 +0200

> I'm going to try with the emulation next, so I'll come back later

Thanks.  I need a couple of days to make my Xinerama setup work
again, but I will look at that problem soon.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^