Subject: FVWM: cvs up today, but something wrong

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 16:12:30 +0800 (CST)

Hi all,

   I cvs up today , but my configuration of fvwm seems not work for me. The error code is:
   [FVWM][FlocaleGetFontSet]: WARNING -- can't load font 'shadow =1 center:xft:arial:pixelsize=8:style=bold' trying default .....

   My configuration is:
   Style *log Sticky, TitleAtRight,NoButton 1, NoButton 2, NoButton 4,\
        BorderWidth 1, HandleWidth 1, ClickToFocus,\
        Font "shadow=1 center :xft:arial:pixelsize=8:style=bold",\
        TitleAtRight, RightTitleRotatedCW, WindowListSkip, UseDecor Flat
    
    It works well before I cvs up. The ChangeLog says:

    "
        2003-05-18  olicha  <[email-masked]>

	* fvwm/conditional.c (CMD_On):
	Added x,r,w,f and i file condition to the On command

	* fvwm/add_window.c (destroy_window):
	Fixed a memory leak (a FvwmWindow !) when a window is not destroyed
	but sheduled for destroy. Not sure that the fix is good.

	* fvwm/functions.c (__execute_function):
	* libs/defaults.h:
	Limited the depth of function to MAX_FUNCTION_DEPTH (=512).
	This fixes some cores dumps with "recursives" functions

	* fvwm/borders.c (border_create_root_transparent_pixmap):
	(border_draw_decor_to_pixmap):
	Fixed a core dump with a root transparent rotated title
	Fixed X errors 56 with RootTransparent titlebar and no E pixmap

	* libs/FGettext.c (fgettext_add_one_path): 
	(FGettextInit):
	(FGettextSetLocalePath):
	Fixed memory leak and chainning

    "
    Can anybody tells me why?

    Thanks a lot!
------------------------------------------------------------------
Ȩ������ ���ſ�ͣ����黥�� ���Ŵ��顣
��ӭ�������������Ƶ����http://sms.people.com.cn

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 11:40:46 +0200

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 04:12:30PM +0800, [email-masked] wrote:
>    [FVWM][FlocaleGetFontSet]: WARNING -- can't load font
> 'shadow =1 center:xft:arial:pixelsize=8:style=bold' trying default .....
         ^
This space is not supported (and was never supported).

>         Font "shadow=1 center :xft:arial:pixelsize=8:style=bold",\
                     ^^

No space so there is something that I do not understand. It seems to
me that it is not possible that this line generate the warning above.
Indeed, this line works fine here.

So, I am a bit lost with your bug report. Can you check for font
def which beginning with "shadow =1" in your config file and fix it.
Then, can you check again?

As you recompile fvwm, maybe you lost xft support. What about
fvwm-config -s

Regards, Olivier