Subject: FVWM: Sticky Windows defaulting to different geometries

From: Thomas Adam <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 13:01:53 +0100 (BST)

Dear List,

It has been a while since I last e-mailed this list. I am thankful to say
that I have been enjoying playing with fvwm-themes -- that suite of themes
is amazing :) well done.

My question is this. I have a sticky window, which when I move pages is
visible. Ideally what I would like to happen is to define different
location geometries for that window when I change the focus from one page
to another. Is this possible?

Many thanks,

-- Thomas Adam

=====
Thomas Adam

"The Linux Weekend Mechanic" -- www.linuxgazette.com

__________________________________________________
It's Samaritans' Week. Help Samaritans help others. 
Call 08709 000032 to give or donate online now at http://www.samaritans.org/support/donations.shtm
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 14:19:57 +0000

> to another. Is this possible?

Sticky window always has sticky geometry, try to change a viewport in the
pager using mouse button 3, how would this work with your suggestion?

But I see 2 possible solutions, all have their own problems.

1) Setup FvwmEvent that listens to new_page and moves your sticky window
to one or another location depending on $[page.nx] and $[page.ny].
(It is probably shorter to write a perl-based module that does this,
reask if you want to know how.)

2) Run several applications, one per page and optionally make them
StickyAcrossDesks (in 2.5.x). Then you should only initially place these
windows correctly on different pages with different geometries, probably
StartsOnPage may help here.

If you need additional help, provide additional info (your version,
with or without fvwm-themes).

Regards,
Mikhael.