Subject: FVWM: Issues with borders and transparency..

From: Ploum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 18:52:45 +0200

I'm trying to start a new little the for my own use.
(see attached example of an active bar)

As you can see, I have issues with borders.  I can see the border color
between buttons and that's ugly !  How can I remove that ?  I see on this
list that some people are resizing the window without border.  How it is
possible ?  (except select the resize function and then click on the window
you want to resize)

You can see I also have problem with my font title.  How can I remove it ?
It is possible to have special effect in the font ? (like shadow of this
kind of things)

In this theme, I want to use transparency, but I have also some problem.
I have 

colorset 77 fg white, Transparent

and my pager and my iconman are transparent, thx to :

*FvwmPager: Colorset * 77

but I can't have the same for FvwmButton.  I want also to have a tinted
transparent for the active desktop in the pager, I see this on the
screenshot.

Thx for help

If someone is interested, I will publish my theme

Ploum
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Ploum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 19:07:41 +0200

Here's the screenshot..

From: Ploum <[email-masked]> Date: 030403

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 17:30:23 +0000

On 03 Apr 2003 18:52:45 +0200, Ploum wrote:
> between buttons and that's ugly !  How can I remove that ?

  ButtonStyle All -- flat

> I see on this list that some people are resizing the window without
> border.  How it is possible ?  (except select the resize function and
> then click on the window you want to resize)

  Mouse 2 M WSFT MoveOrRaiseLower

  DestroyFunc MoveOrRaiseLower
  AddToFunc   MoveOrRaiseLower
  + M Move
  + H Move
  + C RaiseLower

Then press Alt together with a middle mouse button inside a window
to move it or raise/lower.

> You can see I also have problem with my font title.  How can I remove it ?

Make a font smaller. Or use TitleStyle Height or MinHeight, see the man
page.

> It is possible to have special effect in the font ? (like shadow of this

Yes, search for 'FONT' sections in the man page.

> colorset 77 fg white, Transparent

You may want to define bg here (and maybe sh, hi) too, unless you use
everything flat.

> but I can't have the same for FvwmButton.

Did you try a solution posted in another thread?

> I want also to have a tinted

You should add Tint and similar options to Colorset definition.
See the COLORSETS section in the fvwm man page. Something like:

  Colorset 51 Transparent, Tint green 10, bgTint cyan 20

> If someone is interested, I will publish my theme

Preferably in fvwm-themes format, ready to use with one click.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Ploum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 20:03:13 +0200

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]> Date: 030403
> > between buttons and that's ugly !  How can I remove that ?
Thx for your detailled reply.  It's very helpful, I will try all your
suggestions.  But here, all my buttons are flat and that doesn't change
anything !

To be sure, I put your line at the end of my config file, without success..
I still have borders between buttons...
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 21:30:55 +0000

> I still have borders between buttons...

You use 10x13 buttons, so there are holes. Either try

  ButtonStyle All -- UseTitleStyle

or use 13x13 buttons.

Regards,
Mikhael.