Subject: FVWM: Other Window Managers based on fvwm

From: Gert Brinkmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:13:34 +0200

Hello,

on www.fvwm.org you have the page "Fvwm - Links" and there the section 
"Other Window Managers". There are only 2 managers listed yet. I am sure 
that xfce is based on fvwm, too. The configuration commands do look 
nearly the same as in fvwm.

Are there any other window managers based on fvwm?

Gert

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 19:11:58 +0000

> nearly the same as in fvwm.

You are right, xfwm should be added.

> Are there any other window managers based on fvwm?

There was a very old fvwm95 hack, maybe to add it for the sake of the
history.

Ok, just searched for "based on fvwm" in Google. There are some
revelations. Some links suggest these window managers are based on FVWM:

  * Bowman (well, this is the AfterStep predecessor)
  * AmiWM (unlikely, the sources have no any indication)
  * Lesstif-MWM (it is true, but this WM was abandoned on Feb 1997)
  * Enlightenment (I think it was true in the very earlier versions)

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:20:41 -0400 (EDT)

>   * Enlightenment (I think it was true in the very earlier versions)

Enlightenment was initially based on fvwm 1.x, but after the first couple 
of enlightenment releases, rasterman decided to start from scratch. So 
yeah, the first versions were fvwm based, but none after that.
			-peace

-- 
Let he who is without clue kiss my ass