Subject: FVWM: upgrading from 1.24 to 2.4

From: Mandar Mitra <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:46:44 +0530

Hello all,

I've just upgraded to fvwm 2.4.15 and I'm trying to get the
same look-and-feel that I had with fvwm1.24r. 

The convert scripts and a little tweaking have almost got
me there. But I haven't been able to fix the following,
inspite of going through the FAQ/man page/sample .fvwm2rc
files:

- how do I get rid of the small horizontal lines at the left 
  and right ends of icons?

- there's an extra/noticeable white border around windows, 
  title bars, and buttons that wasn't there before. I'm 
  guessing this could be because the relief is greater than 
  it was before. Any way to change this?

Thanks for any tips,
Mandar.

ps: I'm running RH7.3, in case that's relevant.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:09:11 +0200

> - how do I get rid of the small horizontal lines at the left 

All sticky windows and icons have these lines.  At the moment they
can not be disabled other by making the icon non-sticky.

>   it was before. Any way to change this?

  Style * MwmBorder

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Mandar Mitra <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 16:38:21 +0530

> can not be disabled other by making the icon non-sticky.

OK.

>   Style * MwmBorder

It's not exactly identical to what I had with 1.24r, but *very*
close. I can live with this :).

Thanks a lot,
Mandar.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:05:22 +0000

>   it was before. Any way to change this?

See the following thread:

  http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/0304/msg00102.html

Regards,
Mikhael.