Subject: FVWM: How to use correctly FvwmButton

From: Ploum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 19:15:01 +0200

Hi,

I have a fvwmbutton :

*FvwmButtons: (Icon menu/music.xpm \
                Panel(position top,right,delay 0,UseOld,NoClose) \
                "Zinf")

Like this, the button hide/unhide the zinf window.

Is it possible to:

- Hide/Unhide 2 windows ? (XMMS _AND_ Xmms playlist)
- Launch the programm on click if it i not launched

Also about FvwmButton, is it possible that FvwmButton Hide/Unhide some
others buttons ?  And is it possible to have different action for right
click and middle click ?

Thx a lot..

Ploum
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 17:38:59 +0000

> - Hide/Unhide 2 windows ? (XMMS _AND_ Xmms playlist)

You may create a subpanel (FvwmButtons) that swallows 2 windows
and then hide/show this subpanel.

> - Launch the programm on click if it i not launched

Yes, use:

  None (MyLovelyProgram) Exec exec myloveprg

See also FAQ #7.12.

> others buttons ?

No.

But you may create a new configuration dynamically, stop the current
FvwmButtons and start a new version. You may create a shell/perl script
that writes all these commands and then PipeRead it.

> And is it possible to have different action for right
> click and middle click ?

Yes, see the FvwmButtons man page for Action.

Regards,
Mikhael.