Subject: FVWM: How to not iconify FvwmIconMan?

From: Dennis McGregor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:41:57 +1000

I've exhausted myself on this one and I wonder if someone can point me in the 
right direction...

I use SloppyFocus, and I'm prone to zapping FvwmIconMan with my iconify key combo. 
I'd very much like to know how I can write this function so that it won't iconify 
FvwmIconMan if I happen to be above it when I do the key combo.

I iconify windows by doing:

Key Down  A CS  Function shade-iconify

I've tried PointerWindow, WindowId... All-ways, IconMan still zipps off to the 
corner.
This is the func's current state: 

DestroyFunc shade-iconify
AddToFunc   shade-iconify
 + "I" Current (FvwmIconMan) Break
 + "I" Cond (1) Echo "Still here"
 + "I" WarpToWindow 50 -0
 + "I" WindowShade $0 $[mydirection]   # gratuitous, but so purrty ;)
 + "I" Iconify

fvwm --version
fvwm 2.5.6 (from cvs) compiled on Dec 19 2002 at 11:55:02

chars,
^d
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 15:45:22 +0200

> FvwmIconMan if I happen to be above it when I do the key combo.

  Style FvwmIconMan NeverFocus

:-)

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dennis McGregor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 00:16:59 +1000

>   Style FvwmIconMan NeverFocus

This works, but it wrecks my IconMan, which is no good. I navigate my
desktop using FvwmIconMan and arrow keys - I have certain menus bound to
FvwmIconMan.  It's the "control center" of my desktop; it keeps my hands
mouse free, which is why it distresses me so when I accidentally keep
CTL+Shift pressed when I'm there and iconify it.  I need to be able to
focus FvwmIconMan, frequently. What I'd like is to have a switch that
will recognise FvwmIconMan and break from the iconification function. Is
this doable? 

^d

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 19:30:47 +0000

>  + "I" Current (FvwmIconMan) Break

This works fine for me with FvwmIconMan MouseFocus.
The first thing I thought is to suggest you:

  + I Current (FvwmIconMan, CirculateHit) Break

But this is not needed for such conditions as Current, Pick, ThisWindow.
Anyway, to be consistent with the rest of the function (that does not use
Current), you would better use Pick here (or ThisWindow):

  + I Pick (FvwmIconMan) Break

>  + "I" Cond (1) Echo "Still here"

Well, this is never executed unless Break is broken.

> fvwm 2.5.6 (from cvs) compiled on Dec 19 2002 at 11:55:02

Try the latest cvs just to be sure.
Ah, yes, sure. Break was fixed on 2003-02-21.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dennis McGregor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:13:02 +1000

> Ah, yes, sure. Break was fixed on 2003-02-21.

with the above and the latest cvs - it works. 

Thanks.

^d

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:18:09 +0200

> will recognise FvwmIconMan and break from the iconification function. Is

Hm, your function works fine for me.  The Break command was broken
before 2.5.6 though, but you said you had 2.5.6.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].