Subject: FVWM: quick question about fvwm 2.4 screen shot..

From: Xucaen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 11:21:21 -0800 (PST)

Hi all..  forgive me for asking this, but I saw a
screen shot of fvwm and it had something running
in the lower left corner of the screen. I have
never seen it before and I was hoping someone
might be able to tell me what it is called. It
looks like a neet pager/utility bar..

the link to the screen shot is
http://www.fvwm.org/screenshots/Dominik-desk1-1152x864.html

Thanks!

Jim

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - File online, calculators, forms, and more
http://tax.yahoo.com
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>
Date: 04 Apr 2003 14:59:55 -0500

> http://www.fvwm.org/screenshots/Dominik-desk1-1152x864.html

That's an FvwmButtons with (from left to right): A bunch of other
buttons, FvwmPager, FvwmWinList, xclock, and xsysinfo (I think.  My
version of xsysinfo looks a lot different, but I know that a similarly
named utility used to look just like what's in the screenshot a few
years back.)

I can't remember if FvwmButtons wants all the rows to be of equal height
or not, and if it does then there's a bit more going on for the leftmost
part.  Otherwise, it's just 3 rows of buttons.

-- 
Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 00:27:02 +0000

> named utility used to look just like what's in the screenshot a few

It's xosview.

> part.  Otherwise, it's just 3 rows of buttons.

Actually, it is more complex than "3 rows of buttons", you may get its
config from fvwm-themes, Luthien theme.

Regards,
Mikhael.