Subject: FVWM: a problem when I compile 2.4.6 on a debian unstable

From: [email-masked]
Date: 22 Apr 2003 08:02:56 -0000

Hello,

I want to install the latest vision of fvwm 2.5.6 on my debian system.
My debian is unstable. My problem is that when I config fvwm, it can't
enable xft, in the log, first it can't find fontconfig-config, and
can't find a xft version >= 2.0, but I'm sure that in my system, I've
installed libxft2.0 and fontconfig and the libs.. I don't what's wrong,
how can I solve it..

anybody can help me? thank you!

________________
USTC Alumni Email System, http://mail.ustc.edu,  FREE Signup.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dennis McGregor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:09:09 +1000

> anybody can help me? thank you!

I use `testing':
$ auto-apt search fontconfig-config
usr/bin/fontconfig-config       devel/libfontconfig1-dev

^d

---

From: Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Apr 2003 03:41:38 -0400

> anybody can help me? thank you!

xft switched to pkgconfig instead of having a separate -config script. 
I meant to mention this to the list, but I like to provide solutions
when I do and I didn't feel like wrangling with autoconf.  I promptly
forgot about it.

I did, however, make a workaround at the time: I'm attaching a
fontconfig-config script which is basically just a wrapper around
pkgconfig.  The script's not perfect, but it works well enough to
compile fvwm.

-- 
Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>