Subject: FVWM: mouse not following menu-item

From: "Jules Alberts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 11:59:02 +0200

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to modify my .fvwm2rc to get this mousepointer behaviour: 

- when I call a menu from the root window with a key combo, the
  mousepointer should not warp to the first menu item

- when I go through a menu with the keyboard, the mousepointer should
  not follow the selected menu item

The manpage wasn't my friend, can anyone tell me how to do this? TIA!
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 21:35:31 -0400

>   mousepointer should not warp to the first menu item

The pointer only moves when it has to.  Otherwise the menu is brought
up under the pointer.  Are your menus very tall?

If the pointer is moved, its returned to its original location.

>   not follow the selected menu item

I don't think you can change this.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Apr 2003 23:10:31 -0400

> up under the pointer.  Are your menus very tall?
As far as I can tell, the pointer is always moved.  The pointer is
always moved back afterwards, and I sometimes dislike this behavior
(I'll occasionally do M-tab to bring up a WindowList and move my mouse
somewhere else at the same time, only to have it snap back when I
release meta.)  Ditto on below.
> I don't think you can change this.

I haven't found a way to do this either, although it's a feature I'd
like to see some day.  It's just a minor annoyance to me personally,
nothing major.

-- 
Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>

---

From: "Jules Alberts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 08:34:26 +0200

Op 10 Apr 2003 (21:35), schreef Dan Espen <[email-masked]>:
> The pointer only moves when it has to.

That's correct, only when the menu is too long to be shown completely 
with the first element on the current position of the mouse (i.e. the 
pointer is somewhere low in the screen layout), the mouse warps. But 
IMO even then it doesn't _have_ to move, I would like it to stay where 
it is.

> Otherwise the menu is brought

> I don't think you can change this.

OK, thanks. I agree with Ben Winslow, it's not a big deal. But the 
current mouse behaviour is IMO a bit 'nervous'.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:05:34 +0000

> release meta.)  Ditto on below.

Just press Esc to cancel Alt-Tab. Probably easier then to involve another
hand to use a mouse.

Regards,
Mikhael.