Subject: RE: Re: FVWM: a problem when I compile 2.4.6 on a debian unstable

From: [email-masked]
Date: 22 Apr 2003 11:36:15 -0000

Hello,

Thank you very much for your help first. I'm sorry for my
stupid, I think there is still some problems with my system.
I've copied your scripts to /usr/bin/fontconfig-config
but when I config the fvwm, the error is,

No package '3D' found
Package 3D was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `3D.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable

I don't know what this mean and what should I do?

Tianzhi

--- "Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>" wrote --
> ... Attachements omitted ...
On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 04:02, [email-masked] wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> I want to install the latest vision of fvwm 2.5.6 on my debian system.
> My debian is unstable. My problem is that when I config fvwm, it can't
> enable xft, in the log, first it can't find fontconfig-config, and
> can't find a xft version >= 2.0, but I'm sure that in my system, I've
> installed libxft2.0 and fontconfig and the libs.. I don't what's wrong,
> how can I solve it..
> 
> anybody can help me? thank you!
xft switched to pkgconfig instead of having a separate -config script. 
I meant to mention this to the list, but I like to provide solutions
when I do and I didn't feel like wrangling with autoconf.  I promptly
forgot about it.
I did, however, make a workaround at the time: I'm attaching a
fontconfig-config script which is basically just a wrapper around
pkgconfig.  The script's not perfect, but it works well enough to
compile fvwm.
-- 
Ben Winslow 

________________
USTC Alumni Email System, http://mail.ustc.edu,  FREE Signup.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Apr 2003 15:29:25 -0400

> I don't know what this mean and what should I do?

3D is the hex code for =, so it sounds like your mailer didn't decode
the attachment correctly.  I've put it at
http://themuffin.net/fontconfig-config so you can grab it there instead,
and that should hopefully work fine for you.

-- 
Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>