Subject: FVWM: Font error...

From: Nicolas Bouillon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 11:35:04 +0200

Hi

I run a Debian Sid system, and i would like to try fvwm...

But when i try to run it, i got the following error (to get this error, i have 
killed the running wm and run fvwm from a previously opened terminal)...

bouil@lisa:~$ fvwm2
[FVWM][GetFontSetOrFixed]: WARNING -- can't get fontset fixed, trying:
        -*-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
[FVWM][GetFontSetOrFixed]: ERROR -- can't get fontset:
        -*-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

What's wrong. Notice it's a freshly installed fvwm2, with default config.

Which config file must i modify to get fvwm working ?

Thanks !
Bouil.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:11:33 +0200

> Which config file must i modify to get fvwm working ?

I think that debian compile 2.4.x with --enable-multibyte. This is
not a good idea for various reason that I explain numerous time.

I suggest you compile yourself fvwm without any compile time option.

Regards, Olivier