Subject: FVWM: fvwmbuttons not loading mutt?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 23:20:13 -0500

hi all,
	I have set up fvwm buttons based on the example in the system.fvwm2rc (debian)

I've added some of my own buttons, and changed the icons to mini.. 
my problem is that mutt doesn't load when I click on the mutt button.

here is my fvwm buttons:

===begin===
Module FvwmButtons DebianFvwmButtons
#
*DebianFvwmButtonsFore White
*DebianFvwmButtonsBack DarkSlateGrey
*DebianFvwmButtonsGeometry 277x56-0-0
*DebianFvwmButtonsRows 1
*DebianFvwmButtons( Icon mini.xman.xpm, Action 'Exec exec xman &')
*DebianFvwmButtons( Icon mini.xterm.xpm, Action 'Exec exec xterm &')
*DebianFvwmButtons( Icon mini.gnu.xpm, Action 'Exec exec emacs &')
*DebianFvwmButtons( Icon mutt.mini.xpm, Action 'Exec exec /usr/bin/mutt &')
*DebianFvwmButtons( Icon mozilla.mini.xpm, Action 'Exec exec mozilla &')
*DebianFvwmButtons(2x1, Swallow(UseOld,NoKill) "xclock")
*DebianFvwmButtons(2x1, Swallow(UseOld,NoKill) "FvwmPager")
===end===

everything work but mutt. 
Mutt does work from the fvwm menu and from bash.

what did I do wrong?

thanks!!

Jim

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Apr 2003 00:27:06 -0400

> Mutt does work from the fvwm menu and from bash.

Since mutt is a terminal application, you need to run it inside a
terminal.  Try something like:

*DebianFvwmButtons( Icon mutt.mini.xpm, Action 'Exec exec xterm -e
/usr/bin/mutt &')

Cheers,
-- 
Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>