Subject: FVWM: desktop wheel scroll

From: Catherine Luedecker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 10:40:38 -0700

I hope that I didnt miss this somewhere.  I have not been able to figure 
out how to use the mouse wheel to scroll to a new desktop like in 
fluxbox.  I have been thumbing thrue the man pages but I perhaps I over 
looked it. 

Thank you!

Cat

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Apr 2003 17:28:55 -0400

> fluxbox.  I have been thumbing thrue the man pages but I perhaps I over 

If you don't know, the mouse wheel is actually reported to the X server
as buttons 4 and 5 (at least if your X server is correctly configured.) 
Therefore, all you need is a mouse binding for each button--e.g.:

Mouse	4	R	A	GotoDesk -1
Mouse	5	R	A	GotoDesk +1

The above will go to the previous desktop if you scroll the mouse wheel
up, and to the next desktop if you scroll the mouse wheel down.  If
that's not exactly what you're looking for, hopefully it's enough
information to get you on the right track.

-- 
Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>