Subject: FVWM: about tranparent

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 10:55:01 +0000

i'd like to put into window (FvwmButtons) a png file (this png is 50%
transparent with a color) for background, but i cant do it.
how is? or is it posible?

very thanks,
-- 
 karnak
 E-Mail: [email-masked]
 E-Mail: [email-masked]
 IRC: irc.freenode.net #linux-malaga

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 02:32:17 +0000

> how is? or is it posible?

I am not sure, what is the problem? If you use 2.5.x (that supports png
with alpha channel), it will just work as expected. Define any background
you want, see the FvwmButtons man page, and then your png will be applied
to this background (image, gradient or solid color). Try in FvwmConsole:

  *FvwmButtons-TransExample: (Icon /your/transparent.png, Title "OK")
  Module FvwmButtons FvwmButtons-TransExample

Or maybe you need to make FvwmButtons itself transparent? Then you may
use colorsets, see the COLORSETS section in the fvwm man page. In this
case you will also want:

  Style FvwmButtons ParentalRelativity

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 14:54:35 +0000

you don't understand me.

in my configuration file:

...
Style FvwmButtons ..., ParentalRelativity ,...

*FvwmButtons: Pixmap background.png

but i can't see the root window thru my (semitransparent) png

do U understand me now?

tanks.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 14:50:20 +0000

> but i can't see the root window thru my (semitransparent) png

I did understand you (although it is not what you originally wrote)
and suggested to use colorsets and to read the corresponding man pages.

Please see another message to this list where I give a transparent
FvwmButtons configuration.

Regards,
Mikhael.