Subject: FVWM: Dual-head pointer warping problem is back

From: "Dameron, Gregg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:55:47 -0600

The problem addressed in:

http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/0112/msg00316.html

and fixed in 2.4.5 is occurring in the latest stable release (2.4.15).  To
summarize:

If:
1.  Dual monitors are in use (non-Xinerama);
2.  FvwmEvent is set up to detect a new window (per FAQ 3.18);
3.  The command "sleep 5 ; xterm &" is entered in a terminal window on the
primary display (:0.0); and
4.  The pointer is manually moved to the secondary display (:0.1) within 5
seconds,

then the pointer will warp to 0,0 of the primary display when the xterm
appears.  The reverse is also true; i.e., if the words "secondary" and
"primary" are exchanged above.

Also, if a Restart is done on one side, then the pointer is quickly moved to
the opposite side, it will warp back to 0,0 of the first side when the
restart completes.  In this case, FvwmEvent need not be running.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

Regards,
Gregg Dameron

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].