Subject: FVWM: mplayer in 2.5.6

From: Ploum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 15:15:52 +0100

Hello,

I still have my pager on top of mplayer in fullscreen.  How to stop that ?

I compile 2.5.6 with :

- configure
- make

then I pkg with "checkinstall" and I call it "fvwm-unstable" like fvwm
2.5.5.

I then just dpkg it.  

How can I sure that I use fvwm 2.5.6 ?
How can I remove pager and iconman when mplayer is in full screen ?

thx
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Thomas Glanzmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 15:18:55 +0100

> I still have my pager on top of mplayer in fullscreen.  How to stop that ?

What version of mplayer do you have? It works for me. Get the newest Version.
There should.

Do you see something like that when going fullscreen?

	[whatever driver you use] original window layer is 4.
	[whatever driver you use] Layered style stay on top ( layer 10 ).

If not upgrade to newest MPlayer version.

	Thomas

---

From: Ploum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 18:33:50 +0100

From: Thomas Glanzmann <[email-masked]> Date: 020303
> If not upgrade to newest MPlayer version.
I have the last version of marillat.free.fr (debian mirror)

Now, it's strange because sometimes mplayer crash X when I start it for the
first time after a logon. 

I don't change anything to mplayer !  Only to fvwm !

Ho can I be sure that I use 2.5.6 and not 2.5.5 ?

---

From: Thomas Glanzmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 18:53:02 +0100

> I have the last version of marillat.free.fr (debian mirror)

Which version do you have? An actual server goes to layer 4 automatically? Could
you please send me in private whole copy of you .fvwm2rc?

> first time after a logon. 

Same for me when using xv output. We should file a bug report. Do you have a
Nvidia Graphic Card?

> I don't change anything to mplayer !  Only to fvwm !

Newer mplayers change there layer automaically to layer 10 when they go
fullscreen. So you don't have to change anything to fvwm if it supports chaning
of layers. Otherwise you have to update fvwm.

> Ho can I be sure that I use 2.5.6 and not 2.5.5 ?
Open FvwmConsole ... and you get the version at the prompt.

To solve this problem - would you please provide the following things:

	What mplayer version do you use and what fvwm version.

	Does mplayer show you the follwoing when you start it with -fs
		[x11] original window layer is 4.
		[x11] Layered style stay on top ( layer 10 ).

	Send me a copy of your .fvwm2rc

Greetings,
	Thomas

---

From: Ploum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 19:56:58 +0100

> you please send me in private whole copy of you .fvwm2rc?
in the attachment ! 
> Same for me when using xv output. We should file a bug report. Do you have a
YES ! indeed !  With latest nvidia drivers...

> of layers. Otherwise you have to update fvwm.

MPlayer 0.90rc4-2.95.4

> Open FvwmConsole ... and you get the version at the prompt.
Ok, its 2.5.6 !
 
> 	What mplayer version do you use and what fvwm version.

Once again : MPlayer 0.90rc4-2.95.4 and Fvwm 2.5.6
 
> 		[x11] Layered style stay on top ( layer 10 ).

I don't really understand, but when I start mplayer, it's layer 4 ! I don't
know how to check the layer of the fullscreen.

I hope that I send you enough informations.  It's really friendly from you
to help me !  Many thx !

---

From: Thomas Glanzmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 21:24:47 +0100

> YES ! indeed !  With latest nvidia drivers...

I am not on the latest Nvidia Driver, but the version doesn't matter ... it keeps
crashing. Do you file a bugreport, or should I do? The problem is that this
isn't as reproducable as it should be.

> MPlayer 0.90rc4-2.95.4
This is the latest release.

> Ok, its 2.5.6 !
Nice. Layers are fixed in this version.

> Once again : MPlayer 0.90rc4-2.95.4 and Fvwm 2.5.6

One time is enough. :-)

> know how to check the layer of the fullscreen.

Okay you can check the layer while fullscreen if you simply press alt-tab or
whatever your WindowList is bound.

Mplayer tells you on stdout if he tries to change its default layer to window
10. This were the two lines I was refering to. But you have the latest Mplayer
version anyway.

> I hope that I send you enough informations.  It's really friendly from you
Yes, you did. - No problem. The problem is caused by us.

> Style "MPlayer" GnomeIgnoreHints
You have the line Style "MPlayer" GnomeIgnoreHints in you .fvwm2rc. This tells
.fvwm2rc to let Mplyer *not* change its layer ... so it stays on layer 4. Remove
that line restart and this should fix your problem.

	Thomas

---

From: Thomas Glanzmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 20:36:19 +0100

One time is enough. :-)

	Thomas