Subject: FVWM: Mouse buttons

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 08:06:17 -0800 (GMT)

Hi. I'm using fvwm 2.4.7 in an slackware linux box.

I hapen to be using the mouse on the left side of my desk. I would like to swap the mouse buttons (a la kde) for convinience; I've read the man pages but didn't find a command to do that. Any ideas? Thanks.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 17:32:38 +0100

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 08:06:17AM -0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> I hapen to be using the mouse on the left side of my desk. I
> would like to swap the mouse buttons (a la kde) for convinience;
> I've read the man pages but didn't find a command to do that.
> Any ideas? Thanks.

I am not sure if I understand you correctly.  To swap the left  and
right mouse buttons, type

  $ xmodmap -e "pointer = 3 2 1"

For example, put this into your ~/.xinitrc of add it to the fvwm
start function:

  AddToFunc InitFunction
  + I exec $ xmodmap -e "pointer = 3 2 1"

To change back to the normal layout, issue

  $ xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3"

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 11:32:04 -0500

[email-masked] writes:
> I hapen to be using the mouse on the left side of my desk. I would like to sw
> ap the mouse buttons (a la kde) for convinience; I've read the man pages but 
> didn't find a command to do that. Any ideas? Thanks.

The answer is an example in the xmodmap man page.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 17:49:03 +0100

> The answer is an example in the xmodmap man page.

At least its asked often enough to warrant an FAQ entry.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: CAE <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 14:00:38 -0800

Thanks Dominik, it is working as desired.