Subject: FVWM: Installation - configure error

From: Michael C Meholensky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 09:52:43 -0600

I'm haveing a problem when I run configure.  Every time I try to run the
./configure file, I get this error message:

checking argument types of select()... configure: error: can't determine
argument types

I don't know what to do now.  I don't have root access to my machine, but I
add the --prefix=PATH to my call of ./configure
What causes this problem and what can I do to fix it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michael C. Meholensky
[email-masked]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beer. Now there's a temporary solution.
                             --Homer J. Simpson

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 17:13:07 +0100

> checking argument types of select()... configure: error: can't determine

Please always state what fvwm version you are talking about.

Open the config.log file and look for any error messages near the
string select().  That should provide an indication of what went
wrong.  If that information does not help, or if you think it's a
bug in the configure script, send the relevant portions of the
config.log to the mailing list so we can take a look.

> add the --prefix=PATH to my call of ./configure

--prefix does not play a role here.

> What causes this problem and what can I do to fix it.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^