Subject: FVWM: focus following desktop switch. How?

From: "Jules Alberts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:50:29 +0100

Hello everyone,

My .fvwm2rc has these statements:

	key right a mc scroll 100000 0
	key right a mc scroll -100000 0

so I can shift easily to another desktop (I use 4). There is a problem 
though, when I go to another desktop, the window that originally had 
focus (usually on the previous desktop) still has focus. As a result I 
start typing Mozilla keystrokes into Vim :-)

Is there a way to let fvwm give focus to a (most recently accessed or 
the one on top) window on the current desktop?

TIA!
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Mar 2003 11:08:45 -0500

> the one on top) window on the current desktop?

The best way to do this is probably with Peter McAlpine's FvwmTrackFocus
module.  I just threw the version I have at
http://themuffin.net/FvwmTrackFocus.pl, although he's probably lurking
and may have a more recent version.  Essentially, all you need to do it
start it with the rest of your modules, and it'll take care of focusing
the proper window.

-- 
Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>