Subject: FVWM: Shortcuts for FvwmButtons

From: Remko Troncon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:30:57 +0100

Hello,

Is it possible to bind a key to open a panel in FvwmButtons ? If not,
would this be a lot of work ?

cheers,
Remko
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:54:36 +0100

> would this be a lot of work ?

At the moment, FvwmButtons handles only pressing the <return> key
over a button, not shortcuts.  If you know the position of a
button, you could use the WarpPointer command to place the pointer
on the button and then press <return>.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Remko Troncon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 16:22:50 +0100

> If you  know the position of  a button, you could  use the WarpPointer
> command to place the pointer on the button and then press <return>.

Can you send a return event with an FVWM command ?

thanks,
Remko

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 16:48:08 +0100

> Can you send a return event with an FVWM command ?

No, that does not work reliably.  I tried it once, but it is so
flaky that I removed the code.  Many applications don't accept
keyboard input when not focused.

While we are talking about simulating key presses:  When the
pointer is already over the button you can as well simulate a
button press.  It does not work perfectly either, but much
better than simulating key presses.  Try

  Next (FvwmButtons) WarpToWindow <x> <y>
  FakeClick depth <d> press 1 release 1

<x>, <y> = coordinates of button inside the window
<d> = the 'depth' of the window that should receive the events,
      try 3 first and if that does not work, try higher values.
      1 would be the root window and 2 the frame window.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^