Subject: FVWM: AspectPixmap not fitting menu ...

From: Cameron Simpson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 18:04:25 +1100

It's long bugged me that my AspectPixmap menu backdrops don't always fit
the menu; indeed, they rarely fit perfectly. Now, I know the image itself
cannot always fit, but I expected tiling after the scaling. Instead I
see patches from previous menu backdrops (I switch menu backdrop images
every so often).

So I went to the source and found in libs/Colorset.c, line 600 or so:

	/* Draws a colorset background into the specified rectangle in the target
	 * drawable. */                 
	void SetClippedRectangleBackground(

I'm a bit puzzled. Now I understand why it looks as it does, and I admit
I've not yet read the code and the calling code properly, but can someone
who understands the colorset code tell me why a menu background is simply
drawn once onto the area instead of being set as the XWindow's background
pixmap, which would then be tiled nicely but the X server?

Such an arrangement would let one use AspectPixmap to get the image
roughly right and then have the X server hide the edges with more
backdrop.

Failing this, shouldn't FVWM be blacking out (or something - maybe
the background-colour value if present in the Style) the whole menu
backdrop first?

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [email-masked]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

But you've got to admit that in special effects, JP was to previous 
rubber-monster romps as "Star Wars" was to "Lost in Space." I 
especially liked the frilly little one that cooed softly until its
victim got close, then spit venom in his face.  Brought back memories
of... ah, never mind; you wouldn't know her anyway.
	- [email-masked] (Joe Chew)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 02:10:43 +0100

> the background-colour value if present in the Style) the whole menu

Fixed.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].