Subject: FVWM: close focused window on root click

From: Gert Brinkmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 22:36:13 +0100

Hello,

I am experimenting with conditional commands and trying to close the 
currently focused window when clicking on the root window with mouse 
button 3.

Mouse 3 R A Current iconify

or

Mouse 3 R A All (Focused) iconify

do not work. They result in a beep only. I also tried some other 
conditional key words but did not find the right one. What am I doing wrong?

(using fvwm 2.5.5+x -- a CVS checkout from one week ago)

Thanks,

Gert

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 01:00:07 +0000

> (using fvwm 2.5.5+x -- a CVS checkout from one week ago)

I don't think you are doing anything wrong.

It seems that any root binding that results in an operation on a window
is broken in 2.5.6.

  Mouse 3 R S Iconify                               # broken
  Mouse 3 R S Next (Focused) Iconify                # broken
  Mouse 3 T S Iconify                               # ok
  Mouse 3 R S Next (Focused) Exec xmessage $[w.id]  # ok

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 02:16:36 +0100

>   Mouse 3 R S Iconify                               # broken

Note that 

  Mouse 2 R S Move

does work as expected.

Some functions that operate on a window are triggered by a button
release instead of a button press.  I have no idea why, but it
look like an intentional choice.  This makes a difference only for
the root window and very obscure uses, such as

  Mouse 1 1 n NoWindow iconify

This is like a drag-and-drop iconify action:  you press somewhere,
drag the pointer to the target window and 'drop' the action on it.
Weird.

I will change all ButtonRelease triggers to ButtonPress as in most
other commands and see how that works.  *If* BR triggering is
usefull at all, it should be some kind of generic modifier to all
commands requesting window selection.

>   Mouse 3 R S Next (Focused) Iconify                # broken

Fixed.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].