Subject: FVWM: error: could not grap keyboard

From: Siegmund Fuhringer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 19:30:27 +0100

hi!

i've a problem and i don't know exactly what it is ;) 

after some minutes menus from gtk2 apps are not accessable until i
restart fvwm.
and if i lock the screen in this time (with xscreensaver-command -lock)
i'm unable to enter my password. the screensaver just displays the
message, that it could not grap the keyboard because it's already
grapped.

any idea?

fvwmversion: 2.5.6

lg - sifu
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:10:38 +0100

> message, that it could not grap the keyboard because it's already

Are you perhaps using key release bindings?  (Key -F1 ...)  It
looks like fvwm has reserved the keyboard for exclusive use and
never releases it.  The one prominent cause for this I am aware of
are key release bindings.  They simply do not work as advertised
and can block the whole display when something goes wrong.

> fvwmversion: 2.5.6

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Siegmund Fuhringer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:38:24 +0100

> and can block the whole display when something goes wrong.

i indeed use key release bindings.

thanks for the tip :)

bye bye - sifu

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:57:38 +0100

> i indeed use key release bindings.

Because of these problems, I have already removed key release
bindings in the CVS version (2.5.7).  There is no way to get them
working with a full redesign of the window manager.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^