Subject: FVWM: Howto announce Fvwm Pages

From: Thomas Glanzmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:51:44 +0100

I am looking for a way to announce Workspaces like in wmaker. Is there a X
Application which I could use together with FvwmBaker?

	Thomas
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Glyn Millington <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:37:52 +0000

> Application which I could use together with FvwmBaker?
                                              ^^^^^^^^^

Is this the Coffee-Making module ? ;-)

Glyn

---

From: Gert Brinkmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:45:32 +0100

> Is this the Coffee-Making module ? ;-)

This Module is planned for fvwm 3.0. You can give it a comma separated 
list auf wishes, e.g.:

Module FvwmBaker donut, "apple pie", espresso

If you want the results warm you will have to specify a hotkey.

Gert

PS: The initial question is interesting for me, too.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:19:36 -0500

Thomas Glanzmann <[email-masked]> writes:
> Application which I could use together with FvwmBacker?

I guess you want to play an audio clip on a desk change?
If you have a shell named "playsound", arg 1 will be the desk number:

Heres how to test it:

KillModule FvwmEvent
DestroyModuleConfig FvwmEvent:*
*FvwmEvent: PassID
*FvwmEvent: Cmd Exec
*FvwmEvent: new_desk playsound
Module FvwmEvent

Put FvwmEvent in your StartFunction when done.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Thomas Glanzmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:32:40 +0100

> Application which I could use together with FvwmBaker?

Okay next try. I know this is offtopic. But I am looking for a programm which
popus in the middle of the screen on StayOnTop Layer and doesn't get the focus,
has a border, title, background, (*only the text*) or whatever and gives one
line of text like:

'You have new eMail.' or 'Go home' or 'Page 1' or 'whatever'.

I know this has nothing todo with fvwm. I searched for such a programm but could
not find one. Something like Windowmaker uses to anounce his workspace when
switching. Maybe someone has an idead.

	Thomas

---

From: Thomas Glanzmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 21:27:23 +0100

I recycled some code from the XMMS Titlefader[1] plugin Code. Now I have the thing
I always wanted[1]. It isn't that stable but useable at least. Give it a try but
don't expect to much and tell me about it. I simple used the routine provided by
XMMS Titlefadder and put a little main.cc around it. It doesn't do any error
checking and all and you have to start it with at least one argument (the other
arguments get ignored).

	./fader "Way to easy"

Let me know what you think about it. If you find a better alternative, please
let me know. You can *download* it from my place[2].

	Thomas

[1] XMMS Titlefader

	http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmms-titlefader/

[2] XMMS Titlefader with 10 lines main.cc

	http://wwwcip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~sithglan/fader.tgz

---

From: Thomas Glanzmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 21:56:00 +0100

I found something, which does exactly what I want and is real good: osd_cat from
XOSD!

	Thomas

[1] XOSD
	http://www.ignavus.net/software.html