Subject: FVWM: FVWM and application windows

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:30:21 +0200

Hi,

I am currently running FVWM version 2.4.4 on Linux workstations. When an application is started, the window manager opens a new window for the application and it works fine. However, when I click a buttom on the appication window that is supposed to open up a new window, it does not open it up. The question is therefore, what is the reason that the application does not seem to be able to open new windows? How can I correct this?

BR, Janne Suontausta
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:21:21 +0000

On 10 Feb 2003 10:30:21 +0200, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> I am currently running FVWM version 2.4.4 on Linux workstations. When an
> application is started, the window manager opens a new window for the
> application and it works fine. However, when I click a buttom on the
> appication window that is supposed to open up a new window, it does not
> open it up. The question is therefore, what is the reason that the
> application does not seem to be able to open new windows? How can I
> correct this?

It is most probable that there is a bug in your application.

Do you see any error messages in your regular X output?

Did you try to run this application with another window manager or
without window manager at all, just using the plain X or Xnest?

Regards,
Mikhael.