Subject: FVWM: scrolling bar...

From: Ploum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 23:26:55 +0100

Hi,

I'm really a big fan of FVWM and I'm really proud of my config file, but
before posting a screenshot, I will try to change the scrolling bar and
buttons.

On a modern PC with fvwm, I think the scroll bar and all things related to
buttons, boxes, etc.. look old and..ugly.

Is there a way to change it ?

Pn the other hand, I try to have very tiny taskbar but with only window of
the current viewport. Is it possible ?

And, last but not least, 

Style * MouseFocusClickRaises

doesnt work for me.  I try all I think, but my windows raises only when I
click on the title... it's a bit annoying. Anyone have the same problem ?

I use fvwm on a debian woody (stable) box. (2.4.??)

thx,

Ploum
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Thomas Glanzmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 23:33:45 +0100

> click on the title... it's a bit annoying. Anyone have the same problem ?

Quoting the manpage:

The focus model can be augmented with several additional options.
ClickToFocusPassesClickOff and Click_ ToFocusPassesClick  controls  if a mouse
click to focus a window using the ClickToFocus model is sent to the application
or not.  Similarly, ClickToFocusRaisesOff and ClickToFocusRaises control if  the
window is  raised,  while  MouseFocusClickRaises  and MouseFocusClickRaisesOff
are equivalent but apply only to windows using SloppyFocus, MouseFocus and
NeverFocus.  The defaults are ClickToFocusPassesClick,  Click_ ToFocusRaises and
MouseFocusClickRaisesOff.  

So try Style * ClickToFocusRaises

Could you please send me a copy of your .fvwm2rc offlist?

Greetings,
	Thomas
--
Thomas Glanzmann  ++49 (0) 9131 85-27574   Department of Computer Science III
Martensstrasse 3  D-91058 Erlangen Germany   University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
	    http://www3.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/Research/UMLinux/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].