Subject: FVWM: Subscribe

From: John Pierce <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 16:44:33 -0600

I would like to subscribe to this list. I have many questions. Firstly,
why do my different tool boxes (not sure what exactly they are)
dissapear when I start X? How do I find out how to config FVWM? Is the
rc file the only config file?

Thanks

John

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 08:45:17 -0500

John Pierce <[email-masked]> writes:
> I would like to subscribe to this list.

To subscribe, instructions are here:

http://www.fvwm.org/mailinglist.html

> I have many questions. Firstly,
> dissapear when I start X?

I'm not sure what you mean.  What tool boxes?

> How do I find out how to config FVWM?

You have 2 main choices, read the fvwm man page and
edit your config file with an editor, or use fvwm-themes.

You can find fvwm-themes here:

http://fvwm-themes.sourceforge.net/

> Is the

By default, fvwm looks for the config file:

$HOME/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc

You can override that from the command line.
Any config file can read other config files, so your config
file can be organized into as many parts as you like.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]