Subject: FVWM: WindowList - focus windows while switching

From: Johan Hovold <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 21:44:11 +0100

Hi!
Is it possible to get the WindowList to focus (and possibly raise) the
selected window each time you hit tab and then do a flipFocus when you
release the meta key (if you're using alt-tab)?

This behaviour (or something similar) is found in blackbox.

Regards, 

Johan Hovold
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:36:22 +0100

> release the meta key (if you're using alt-tab)?

No, it's not possible.  The WindowList is implemented as a menu,
and at the time being, menu mode is exclusive to all other
operations.
 
> This behaviour (or something similar) is found in blackbox.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Gert Brinkmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:57:14 +0100

> release the meta key (if you're using alt-tab)?

I saw this behaviour in one of the several fvwm configs that i have 
tried (maybe in the default debian fvwm config?). It does have the 
behaviour that you describe above, but without using the WindowList 
window. So you just go through all windows, raising one after another, 
when pressing alt-tab.

Gert