Subject: FVWM: minimal rc commands to give active & inactive windowtitle a color

From: "Jules Alberts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:43:35 +0100

Hello everybody,

I've been using fvwm2 for a few months now, like a a lot (I come from 
gnome + sawfish). There is one thing that gives me some trouble, that's 
how do I give windowtitles their background and text color?

If I want active windows to have green text on a solid red background 
and inactive windows yellow text on a solid blue background (bwaaa... 
it's just an example :-), what would be the minimal commands in 
.fvwm2rc to do this?

This sounds very simple, but maybe something else in my rc (one single 
file of 281 lines) is in the way. I don't use themes, want to do it all 
by hand to get to know fvwm better.

TIA for any help!
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Ulrich Fahrenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:54:14 +0100 (MET)

> it's just an example :-), what would be the minimal commands in

	Style * ForeColor Yellow, BackColor Blue, HilightFore Green,
	HilightBack Red

or, more minimal:

	Style * Color Yellow/Blue, HilightFore Green, HilightBack Red

uli

-- 
Ulrich Fahrenberg -- http://www.math.auc.dk/~uli

---

From: Remko Troncon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:56:50 +0100

> it's just an example :-), what would be the minimal commands in 

If you want to do it with colorsets:

Colorset 0 fg green, bg red
Colorset 1 fg yellow, bg blue
Style * Colorset 1, HilightColorset 2

You can also do it using Foreground, Background, ... options of Style
(see man pages).

cheers,
Remko

---

From: "Jules Alberts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:41:26 +0100

> On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Jules Alberts wrote:
<snip>
> > it's just an example :-), what would be the minimal commands in
<snip>
> 	Style * Color Yellow/Blue, HilightFore Green, HilightBack Red

Thanks a lot, I completely overlooked the "Color" parameter!