Subject: FVWM: Set or change the text (title) of icons?

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:06:31 -0800

Hi,

I am running fvwm version 2.4.14 on top of KDE and am really impressed with it but I was just wondering is it possible to set or change the text (title) of an icon (i.e., whenever I iconify a window) using the Iconbox method.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Dermot Whelan

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:00:16 +0000

On 10 Feb 2003 20:06:31 -0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> I am running fvwm version 2.4.14 on top of KDE and am really impressed
> with it but I was just wondering is it possible to set or change the
> text (title) of an icon (i.e., whenever I iconify a window) using the
> Iconbox method.

The text you see in iconified windows is supplied by an application.
With some applications (like xterm) you can freely choose the icon name,
for example, by specifying it on the command line. Other than this you
can't freely change the text appearing in the icon title.

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].