Subject: FVWM: Problem with Qt DockArea and Dockable Windows

From: Levi Burton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:47:54 -0600

Hello,

This may be the wrong place to ask this, but I have already tried the 
qt-interest list with no luck.

When using the Qt Designer application from Qt 3.1.1 (im sure the problem is 
not limited to just this Qt application) the user can "dock" and "undock" 
windows within an MDI application to what are called "dock areas".  I can 
move the windows that are currently docked in the app to other dockable 
areas, but as soon as i undock to the "desktop" (outside of Qt Designer), I 
can no longer dock them back into Qt Designer.  

Has anyone else experienced this behavior, and if so what did they do to solve 
it.  Here is the current version of fvwm I am using:

fvwm 2.5.5 compiled on Feb 10 2003 at 14:32:36
with support for: ReadLine, XPM, PNG, GNOME WM hints, EWMH hints, Shape, SM, 
Xinerama, XFT

Could the problem be that I am using a development version of fvwm?  I have 
not tried a non-development version yet.

Thanks in advance

Levi

-- 
Levi Burton
http://www.puresimplicity.net/~ldb/

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 01:17:58 +0100

> qt-interest list with no luck.

Yes, I guess this is indeed the wrong place to ask.  Rather try
the Qt list again.

> When using the Qt Designer application from Qt 3.1.1
...

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].