Subject: FVWM: Flaw in "TitleStyle RightJustified" ?

From: Markus Grunwald <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:56:20 +0100

Hello,

I use  "TitleStyle  RightJustified" for my aterm windows. I set the
window title to the actual directory, so that I have more room in the
window.

Now when I have really long paths and thus really long window titles,
the end of the title is cut off in spite of the "TitleStyle". I thought,
in the RightJustified mode, text would be cut off on the left side...

Am I doing something wrong or is this fvwms fault ?

-- 
Markus Grunwald

Registered Linux User Nr 101577      http://www.grunwald.2xs.de
http://counter.li.org                (hier pgp/gpg public key)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 16:34:17 +0000

> Am I doing something wrong or is this fvwms fault ?

None of these. It always cuts from the end of the string. And this is
usually ok, think about long browser titles.

It would be nice to have a configurable title format (filter) with a
powerful string manipulation on per window match, but it is not currently
available. Maybe someone (me?) will implement this after 2.6.

I suggest you to solve this with your shell. For example, with tcsh the
string "%C05" includes only 5 tail subdirectory levels in the prompt.
There are other solutions to keep CWD short in tcsh and other shells.

Regards,
Mikhael.