Subject: FVWM: What's wrong with my FvwmButtons

From: Wojtek Aleksander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 01:05:20 +0100

Hello,

Can anyone please tell me what am I doing wrong?

This is how my FvwmButtons lines look like:
*FvwmButtons: ButtonGeometry   64x64+0-0
*FvwmButtons: Columns          3
*FvwmButtons: Pixmap            none
*FvwmButtons: Frame            1
*FvwmButtons: (Icon 48/mozalt.png Action 'Exec exec mozilla')
*FvwmButtons: (Icon WordEditor2.png Action 'Exec exec \
~/OpenOffice/soffice')
*FvwmButtons: (Icon Mozilla-Mail_alt.png Action 'Exec exec \
mozilla -mail')

Style FvwmButtons    NeverFocus, NoHandles, NoTitle, \
StaysOnBottom, Sticky, WindowListSkip

(all the lines are broken only for the purpose of mailing)

I have this module starting together with my Fvwm:
AddToFunc StartFunction
    + I FvwmButtons
    + I FvwmPager

Every now and then FvwmButtons won't start, I sometimes need to restart 
Fvwm in my FvwmCOnsole 3 or even 5 times to have this module visible 
(`ps' states it is running).

I bet there is something ultra simple I'm missing...

cheers
W.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:20:47 +0100

> *FvwmButtons: (Icon 48/mozalt.png Action 'Exec exec mozilla')

Note:  It's better to separate the options by commas:

  *FvwmButtons: (Icon 48/mozalt.png, Action 'Exec exec mozilla')
                                  ^^^

Not really important here, but should you ever add something after
"Action" you do need the comma.

> I bet there is something ultra simple I'm missing...

What fvwm version do you have?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Wojtek Aleksander <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 23:53:35 +0100

> Note:  It's better to separate the options by commas:

O'right, thank you

> What fvwm version do you have?
Oh, I forgot to say. It's taken from CVS but I think it applies to all 
my compilations of 2.5.6 (I can't really tell how about 2.5.5 - since I 
used to have a completely different configuration where I had some 
dockapps swallowed - I think that as soon as I got rid of the dockapps 
from FvwmButtons I started experiencing problems).

cheers
W.
--