Subject: FVWM: Looks like a bug in FvwmIdent

From: "Rouben Rostamian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 14:58:26 -0500

The command "Style FvwmIdent StaysOnTop" does not seem to work
in FVWM version 2.4.5.

The FvwmIdent window is placed always within the same layer as
the queried window.  Its StaysOnTop setting is ignored.

-- 
Rouben Rostamian <[email-masked]>
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 20:08:41 +0000

> the queried window.  Its StaysOnTop setting is ignored.

This is a feature to help users without FvwmIdent StaysOnTop.

In 2.5.x, the default logic is better and you have more control on the
layer of FvwmIdent, see its man page.

Regards,
Mikhael.