Subject: FVWM: Child above parent

From: Russell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:20:22 +1100

Hi,

What setting do i need to make a child window always appear above
its parent application, regardless if i click the parent window?

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:17:19 +0000

> its parent application, regardless if i click the parent window?

You have 2 choices.

First, just don't automatically raise a window when clicking in it.
I.e. use ClickToFocusRaisesOff and MouseFocusClickRaisesOff (actually
this is a default). To raise a window in this case you may bind some
keyboard or mouse bindings to decorations or even inside a window (just
not a plain click using mouse buttons 1, 2 or 3). In 2.5.x, there are
more settings to control auto-raising on click.

Second, try "Style * RaiseTransient", seems to do want you want if the
application correctly sets Transient flag. Also play with Style options
LowerTransient, StackTransientParent. In 2.5.x there is additionally
RestackTransients command.

Regards,
Mikhael.