Subject: FVWM: SelectOnRelease with multiple keys

From: Maciej Kalisiak <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 00:43:29 -0500

Is it possible to supply more than one key for the SelectOnRelease option for
the "Key" command somehow, or at least get an equivalent effect?  I'd like to
specify more than one modifier key for some WinList bindings I have...
Currently repeating the SelectOnRelease option in one line results in the last
instance simply overriding any previous one.

-- 
Maciej Kalisiak       mac "at" dgp.toronto.edu       www.dgp.toronto.edu/~mac
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:13:06 +0100

> instance simply overriding any previous one.

No, sorry.  What is it you want to achieve?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Maciej Kalisiak <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:03:33 -0500

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 02:13:06AM -0500, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> > Is it possible to supply more than one key for the SelectOnRelease option
> > for the "Key" command somehow, or at least get an equivalent effect?  I'd
> > like to specify more than one modifier key for some WinList bindings I
> > have...  Currently repeating the SelectOnRelease option in one line results
> > in the last instance simply overriding any previous one.
> 

,----
| % xmodmap
| xmodmap:  up to 3 keys per modifier, (keycodes in parentheses):
| 
| shift       Shift_L (0x32),  Shift_R (0x3e)
| lock        Caps_Lock (0x6d)
| control     Control_L (0x25),  Control_R (0x42)
| mod1        Alt_L (0x40)
| mod2        Num_Lock (0x4d)
| mod3      
| mod4        Super_L (0x73),  Super_R (0x74),  Alt_R (0x71)
| mod5        Scroll_Lock (0x4e)
`----

Well, I use 'mod4' modifier "key" to invoke various window manager functions.
One of these is:

Key Tab A 4 WindowList (CurrentDesk !Sticky)\
  CurrentAtEnd SelectOnRelease Super_L IconifiedAtEnd Geometry

I want the window list to disappear when I let go of *ANY* mod4 key, not just
Super_L.

Ideally I would want to specify "SelectOnRelease mod4", but the FVWM man page
seems to suggest that this won't work (i.e., only stuff from X11/keysymdefs.h
is allowed for <Key>, sans the XK_ prefix).