Subject: FVWM: How to avoid placing windows under a panel

From: Andy Arbon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 22:17:29 +0000

Hello,

I have a vertical panel that slides in from the right. When FVWM places
a new window it sometimes places them underneath this panel (even if the
screen is empty).

What I'd like is for FVWM to avoid placing windows underneath this panel
(where they can't be seen). How do I get FVWM to include the panel as a
window in its placement algorithm?

Cheers,

Andy

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Rob Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 21:37:13 -0700

> window in its placement algorithm?

I used this:

Style * MinOverlapPlacement

and Fvwm seems to be really good at making sure nothing gets overlapped
by my panel.

-- 
Rob Park
http://www.ualberta.ca/~rbpark
--
What garlic is to food, insanity is to art.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].