Subject: FVWM: search mailing list archive?

From: SCoTT SMeDLeY <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:57:14 +1100

Is there a way to search the FVWM mailing list archive?

SCoTT. :)
-- 
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:25:51 +0000

> Is there a way to search the FVWM mailing list archive?

It seems that Google and AltaVista do not index www.hpc.uh.edu at all.
It is possible that someone explicitly asked to exclude www.hpc.uh.edu,
but I don't see how exactly, since there is no robots.txt in the site.

I did some in-depth experimentations and here is the exact search url with
a good search form. I may add it to fvwm-web, or better yet Jason may add
a link to it in the archive http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/ itself:

  http://www.alltheweb.com/search?cat=web&advanced=1&type=all&q=NumLock+problems&wf[n]=4&wf[0][r]=%2B&wf[0][q]=&wf[0][w]=&wf[1][r]=-&wf[1][q]=&wf[1][w]=&wf[2][r]=&wf[2][q]=&wf[2][w]=&wf[3][r]=%2B&wf[3][q]=www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/&wf[3][w]=url.all:&depth[p]=%3E&depth[v]=3&hits=100#advform

("NumLock problems" is used here as an example query.)

Please be aware, both fvwm and fvwm-workers mailing lists are mixed in the
main archive. Also the recent results (one month or so) do not appear in
the search. If you don't like it, use this url instead

  http://www.mail-archive.com/index.php?hunt=fvwm

that fixes these two problems, but lists several last months only.
I suggest Jason to add this url to the web archive page too.

Regards,
Mikhael.