Subject: FVWM: Re: Can't resize Mozilla using fvwm 2.5.5 within Tightvnc

From: Harald Dunkel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 09:07:15 +0100

Sorry, but using 

	Style Mozilla VariableSize, VariablePSize, VariableUSSize

didn't help. If I use XFree86 instead of Xvnc, I can resize
the Window, even without setting this Style.

Regards

Harri
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dorothy Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 12:04:01 -0800 (PST)

This sounds an awful lot like the problem I had using the Solaris X
server, which isn't XFree86.  Unless I compiled without ewmh, resizing
Mozilla would throw FVWM into an endless loop.  This happened with
all the default configs, too.  Dominik did something that fixed it on
Solaris, but he wasn't convinced that the underlying problem
had been addressed.  Maybe it hasn't. I was trying to help him debug,
and there's still a big ol' trace file sitting at
http://www.twobarleycorns.net/gdbout-061201.txt.  I wonder if your 2.5.5
is before-the-Dominik-fix?  The fixed version I'm runing is from CVS.

Dorothy

---

From: Harald Dunkel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 18:03:22 +0100

Hi Dorothy,

> is before-the-Dominik-fix?  The fixed version I'm runing is from CVS.
I tried the snapshot of yesterday: The problem seems to be gone.

Many thanx

Harri