Subject: FVWM: switching between my monitors in dualhead mode

From: Klaus Umbach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 00:26:29 +0100

I have two monitors on my computer running XFree in dualhead mode (not
xinerama! xinerama sucks!), so I have two instances of fvwm running. How
cat I change the focus between them without my mouse? I don't want to
touch my mouse for that. Is there a way?

Klaus
-- 
5) People say Linux is ugly. How does that make you feel?
Torvalds: They'll be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.
	  Let's see just how ugly they think it is when they have a few
	  bulletholes in them.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 08:22:53 +0100

> touch my mouse for that. Is there a way?

No, I think X requires that the pointer travels to the second
screen to activate it.  You would have to have a second mouse and
keyboard on the other screen to activate it.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Cameron Simpson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:17:18 +1100

On 00:26 16 Jan 2003, Klaus Umbach <[email-masked]> wrote:
| I have two monitors on my computer running XFree in dualhead mode (not
| xinerama! xinerama sucks!)

Can you elaborate on this xinerama remark?
I quite like it and am wondering what aspects bother you.
(Aside from some apps' desire to put popups right on the screen bezels
because they thing that's the "middle" - grrr!)
-- 
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [email-masked]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

Lister: Rimmer, real dumplings, proper dumplings, when they're properly
    cooked to perfection, proper dumplings should not bounce!
	- Red Dwarf, _Better Than Life_
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Klaus Umbach <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 14:27:35 +0100

> because they thing that's the "middle" - grrr!)

Yes, that for example. But I also like to be able to switch between
pages on every monitor independetly. That's not possible in
xinerama-mode.
And because I have a notebook, I only use the second monitor when
I'm at home it is easier to handle.

Klaus