Subject: FVWM: Disappearing/reappearing FVWM Buttons

From: Gary Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 00:11:53 -0500

I'd like to have something like the Gnome toolbar, or the Win32 start
bar, where one can set it up such that it disappears under normal
circumstances, but appears when the user moves the mouse over the edge
of the screen.

How would I go about doing this with FVWM Buttons?

-- 
					Gary Jackson
					[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 08:38:53 +0000

> How would I go about doing this with FVWM Buttons?

FvwmButtons itself does not have such functionality (FvwmTaskBar has), but
with some fvwm command programming you may try to emulate this. Start
FvwmButtons half visible (or shaded) and then use Move (or WindowShade) to
make it fully visible or hide it again. In 2.5.x you may shade a window to
any direction, even to its right-down corner point or to its left border.

In 2.5.x there is a new command EdgeCommand, so you may execute something
when you enter 1 or 2 pixels near one or another screen edge, configurable.
You may also need to listen to LEAVE_WINDOW (and optionally ENTER_WINDOW
if you prefer it over EdgeCommand) event to collapse FvwmButtons again.

Just be aware that events using FvwmEvent, especially such frequent as
ENTER_WINDOW/LEAVE_WINDOW, may cause lock-ups in some cases.

Regards,
Mikhael.