Subject: FVWM: fvwm 2.5.5-1 package on fvwm-themes.sourceforge.net

From: Len Philpot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 20:33:02 -0600

I'm currently running 2.4.6-1, once again. The reason I say 'again', is
that I just downloaded and installed the 2.5.5-1 rpm from
fvwm-themes.sourceforge.net. Once installed, I logged out and back in
again, everything apparently running OK. However, I still had 2.4.6 on
the system, so I rpm -e'd it. 

Apparently, FvwmForm (and what else?) is in a different location, at
least in that package, since it was no longer available after I removed
2.4.6. With 2.4.6, it's in /usr/X11R6/share/fvwm2, but not in 2.5.5. In
fact, there's no fvwm* at all under /usr/X11R6/share with 2.5.5.  Once I
removed 2.5.5 and put 2.4.6 back, it's all OK again.

Did I miss something? Is FvwmForm no longer included? Without, I can't
even properly logout, since I use it for a logout dialog, among other
things. My path is pretty comprehensive, unless it's put somewhere
rather obscure.

Thanks.

-- 
+-----------------------------------------------------+
|  Len Philpot       ><>         http://philpot.org/  |
|  [email-masked]     [email-masked] (alt)  |
+-----------------------------------------------------+
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 21:58:29 -0500

> things. My path is pretty comprehensive, unless it's put somewhere

FvwmForm in not going away.  No way.
I downloaded fvwm-themes and did this:

home> rpm -q --filesbypkg -p fvwm-2.5.5-1.i386.rpm | grep FvwmForm
fvwm                      /usr/libexec/fvwm/2.5.5/FvwmForm

So, FvwmForm is in /usr/libexec/fvwm/2.5.5

You shouldn't need to know that.  If you don't set the ModulePath,
Fvwm should find it.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]