Subject: FVWM: Mouse problem

From: "Stephan Elsner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:10:17 +0100

Hello!

I transfered the fvwm2rc from a desktop pc to my notebook.
There is a problem with the mouse buttons. The windows buttons and movemet
work as expected, but the applications inside the windows get the mouse
buttons mixed up.
Even fvwmbuttons behave strange.
I use a logitech optical wheel mouse USB with the notebook. The desktop has
a non optical cordless logitech wheel mouse (but the wheel has no effect on
linux).
 The linux installation ist the same (Suse 8.1)
Other window managers work as expected, even the default fvwm2rc works.
The mouse and key configuration is exactly the same in both the default and
my .fvwm2rc files.

What can be wrong?

/Stephan

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 08:36:05 -0500

> The mouse and key configuration is exactly the same in both the default and

I'm not sure what you mean by mixed up and strange.

If your wheel doesn't work, I'd guess the mouse isn't configured
correctly.  Use whatever tools your distribution provides to
get the mouse configured right.  I don't think your fvwm2rc
is part of the problem.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Tenebrae <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 06:53:29 -0800 (PST)

> get the mouse configured right.  I don't think your fvwm2rc

I bookmarked this page, but never bothered to set up my mouse's wheel:

http://koala.ilog.fr/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/

Judging by the information in this site, mouse wheel scrolling is set up
in your X server's configuration file and not your window manager.
Try comparing your XF86Config files (or equivalent).
								-Tenebrae.
---
The sending of any unsolicited email advertising messages to this domain
may result in the imposition of civil liability against you in accordance
with Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code Section 17538.45.