Subject: FVWM: xmms and its icons

From: Klaus Umbach <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 21:31:19 +0100

Hello list,
when I minimize my xmms (with equalizer and playlist) I have one icon in
my fvwmiconman. But after restarting fvwm while having xmms minimized I
have three icons. How can I change that?

Klaus

-- 
5) People say Linux is ugly. How does that make you feel?
Torvalds: They'll be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.
	  Let's see just how ugly they think it is when they have a few
	  bulletholes in them.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:02:57 +0100

> have three icons. How can I change that?

Which xmms version do you have?  Fvwm condenses all the icons of
transient windows into the main window's icon.  Optionally, it can
be told to treat window groups likewise.

Losing the icon grouping over a restart hints either at a changed
fvwm configuration.  Either that or the application has deleted
the window group/transient status of the windows.  What happens if
you issue a "Recapture" instead of a restart?  Do you see the same
effect?

In any case, try

  Style * IconifyWindowGroups

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

P.S.:  We should really refuse to accept xmms related bug reports.
It's just too broken ;-)