Subject: FVWM: "wait" in user function?

From: Len Philpot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 21:11:47 -0600

It seems every time I ask something, it's soon obvious I overlooked it
in the documentation, but here goes anyway...

In a function, is there a way to have things wait until something is
done? For example, I have an xpm background loaded by xpmroot, but it
takes a few seconds to do so. In the meantime, the aterm I launch on the
root window picks up the previous background and not the pixmap. I've
tried the backgrounPixmap resource for aterm (hoping it would paint
correctly even if the bitmap wasn't yet loaded on the root window), but
no luck. So, it seems I'll have to manually launch the aterm after
everything has settled down, unless there's a way to have the
InitFunction wait until the xpmroot line is done before excuting
subsequent lines. I've tried various combinations of placement, division
of commands between the InitFuction and StartFunction, but no luck.

?

Thanks.

-- 
+-----------------------------------------------------+
|  Len Philpot       ><>         http://philpot.org/  |
|  [email-masked]     [email-masked] (alt)  |
+-----------------------------------------------------+
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 06:29:38 +0000

> of commands between the InitFuction and StartFunction, but no luck.

xpmroot is now renamed to fvwm-root, since it supports png and xbm too.

  AddToFunc InitFunction
  + I PipeRead `fvwm-root $[FVWM_USERDIR]/images/mybackground.xpm`
  + I Exec exec aterm

Regards,
Mikhael.