Subject: Re: FVWM: Some suggestions -a rant

From: RvB <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 09:14:30 +0100

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 10:23:50AM -0500, coerver wrote:
> are truly a(maze)ing ___but___ it takes time and how much time _do_ you
> _really_ want to spend configuring your window manager?

yes, configuring FVWM in look and feel really takes a lot if time.
i configured it one night long with a friend, when i wanted a fast and
small windowmanager and he said "fvwm!" ... so we together spent one
night reading the manpages and configuring fvwm ... the result was quite
good, though we were going to do something else that night, which was
dropped then :>

i want to say that configuring fvwm really takes a lot of time, but it
can also be a lot of fun ... maybe you could do it together in groups or
something ... fvwm config parties ;)

bye
	RvB <[email-masked]>

---

From: Glen Lee Edwards <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 22:59:53 -0600

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 10:23:50AM -0500, coerver wrote:
> are truly a(maze)ing ___but___ it takes time and how much time _do_
> you _really_ want to spend configuring your window manager?

<grin>  That's why we use it, why we write programs, why we spend all 
our free and spare time sitting at computers.  Where else can you 
muster up all your creative juices, create something that you really 
like, and then tear it apart and start all over!

I don't want a prepackaged window manager where someone else has decided 
how it's going to work, what I can do with it, and what it looks like.  
I like the way Fvwm is - I can have it my way.

My only objection about the screen shots on the Fvwm page is that they 
don't have the .fvwm2rc file with them.  I'd like to try out some of 
those looks!

Regards,

Glen

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].