Subject: Antwort: Re: FVWM: Mouse problem

From: "Stephan Elsner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:52:13 +0100

>> I transfered the fvwm2rc from a desktop pc to my notebook.
>> There is a problem with the mouse buttons. The windows buttons and
movemet
>> work as expected, but the applications inside the windows get the mouse
>> buttons mixed up.
>> Even fvwmbuttons behave strange.
>> I use a logitech optical wheel mouse USB with the notebook. The desktop
has
>> a non optical cordless logitech wheel mouse (but the wheel has no effect
on
>> linux).
>>  The linux installation ist the same (Suse 8.1)
>> Other window managers work as expected, even the default fvwm2rc works.
>> The mouse and key configuration is exactly the same in both the default
and
>> my .fvwm2rc files.
>> What can be wrong?

>I'm not sure what you mean by mixed up and strange.
>If your wheel doesn't work, I'd guess the mouse isn't configured
>correctly.

The wheel works fine.

> Use whatever tools your distribution provides to
>get the mouse configured right.

As I am in the cofiguration tool (which uses twm as window manager)
everything is all right.

> I don't think your fvwm2rc
>is part of the problem.

The problem is that left clicks are treated as right clicks in applications
(not on window buttons) and a left click can only be simulated by clicking
left+right together. As mentioned this behavior is only *in* applications,
not in fvwm itself. Left click is left click on window title bar and left
click is right click in i.e. galeon.

/Stephan

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].