Subject: FVWM: Follow up: "wait" in user function?

From: Len Philpot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 21:32:59 -0600

Well, naturally I came across "Wait", but I've yet to make it do what I
want. Here's the relevant portion of my .fvwm2rc :

AddToFunc InitFunction
+   "I" exec xpmroot /home/len/.fvwm/tsp-skies.xpm
+   "I" wait <what goes here?>
+   "I" exec xsetroot -cursor_name left_ptr
+   "I" exec aterm -tr -bg black -fg SkyBlue3 -geometry 144x35+0+0 -trsb \
        -fn	-sun-screen-medium-*-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-* +sb -sk -sl 500
+   "I" exec exec gnome-terminal --geometry=110x40+10+10
+   "I" exec exec gnome-terminal --geometry=110x40+50+50
									
I want the xpmroot line to finish before the aterm gets launched. The
xsetroot can go anywhere, but I want the two terminals to launch after
the aterm (which isn't a problem). Wait appears to be close to what I
want, but xpmroot has no title, so what do I use for a window ID?

Thanks.

-- 
+-----------------------------------------------------+
|  Len Philpot       ><>         http://philpot.org/  |
|  [email-masked]     [email-masked] (alt)  |
+-----------------------------------------------------+
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 22:54:07 -0500

> want, but xpmroot has no title, so what do I use for a window ID?

I prefer the low tech approach:

+   "I" exec /bin/sh -c 'xpmroot /home/len/.fvwm/tsp-skies.xpm; aterm -tr -bg black\
   -fg SkyBlue3 -geometry 144x35+0+0 -trsb \
   -fn -sun-screen-medium-*-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-* +sb -sk -sl 500'

But I wouldn't put such a dark blue on black...

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Len Philpot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 22:12:22 -0600

> But I wouldn't put such a dark blue on black...

Of course, that does exactly what I want... I was overlooking the
obvious! Adding a Layer 1 1 to the 'aterm' style keeps is out of the way
when I'm not using it.

Thanks.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 07:07:25 +0000

>    -fn -sun-screen-medium-*-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-* +sb -sk -sl 500'

This is ok, but just a note that this command will be translated to
/bin/sh -c "/bin/sh -c '...'" increasing the number of processes.

The simpler command (should work with a different ExecUseShell too) is:

  Exec xpmroot $[FVWM_USERDIR]/tsp-skies.xpm; aterm -tr

Or maybe, just an example:

  Exec xpmroot $[FVWM_USERDIR]/tsp-skies.xpm && aterm -tr -trsb

Regards,
Mikhael.