Subject: FVWM: Configure - question.?

From: "Ameen, Riaz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:08:34 +0100

Hi,

I am trying to run configure and it runs "Checking whether the C compiler
(gcc ) works ......" for so long,I interrupted it after 40 minutes,by that
time it had forked 1200  cpp -lang-c ... processes.

Is it normal ,if normal , How much time it takes to finish running the
configure.

Please help me in this.

Thanks,

Riaz.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:15:12 -0500

> Is it normal ,if normal , How much time it takes to finish running the

Normal time is a few minutes.

Something is wrong with your compiler setup.

What OS are you on?

Where are cpp and gcc?  (Type "which gcc", "which cpp".

It sounds like you have a shell of some sort set up to invoke cpp
and the shell is reinvoking itself.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]