Subject: FVWM: How to use Hyper/Super as a modifier?

From: Roland Roberts <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Dec 2002 22:46:35 -0500

Is there an abbreviation for using Hyper or Super as modifier key when
setting up Key/Mouse function bindings?  

I can't find any mention of this in the man pages, the mailing list
archives are not searchable and google isn't helping....

roland
-- 
		       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
Roland B. Roberts, PhD                             RL Enterprises
[email-masked]                            6818 Madeline Court
[email-masked]                           Brooklyn, NY 11220
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 07:03:25 +0000

> setting up Key/Mouse function bindings?  

It is system dependent. Run xmodmap to see which modifier number is your
Super keys. In my system it is mod4, so I would do:

  Key C A 4 Exec exec xcalc

My Menu key is not defined as modifier, but searching for xmodmap in FAQ
suggests that I should run the following to make it a modifier:

  xmodmap -e "add Mod3 = Menu"

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Roland Roberts <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Dec 2002 10:41:15 -0500

>>>>> "Mikhael" == Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]> writes:

    Mikhael> On 30 Dec 2002 22:46:35 -0500, Roland Roberts wrote:

    >> Is there an abbreviation for using Hyper or Super as modifier
    >> key when setting up Key/Mouse function bindings?

    Mikhael> It is system dependent. Run xmodmap to see which modifier
    Mikhael> number is your Super keys.

Thanks!  I'm off and running now....

On a related question, is there a way to tell FVWM to *ignore* a
particular modifier?  I often hit numlock to do some numeric entry and
then find none of my shortcuts work, e.g., the default binding

    Key Left A CM GotoPage -1p +0p

fails because numlock (mod2 on my host) is set.

roland

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 11:17:01 -0500

> fails because numlock (mod2 on my host) is set.

Look in the man page for...IgnoreModifiers.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]