Subject: FVWM: Shadowed font color combinations - artist required!

From: Glyn Millington <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:55:24 +0000

Hi there - I've just discovered shadowed fonts in fvwm (CVS) and am
playing with them happily but not very successfully because of my utter
cluelessness about colours.  

Has anyone a colourscheme which really works well that they are prepared
to share?

While I'm at it - just a word of thanks from a humble and clueless user
to those who do so much to make this most gorgeous of window-managers
what it is.  

with thanks and best wishes for the new year

Glyn
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:34:37 +0000

> Has anyone a colourscheme which really works well that they are prepared

If you follow these suggestion and sit with FvwmConsole for several
minutes, you may find what is good to you:

  * preferably use bold font or xft font
  * try different shadow sizes (1, 2) and offsets (0, 1, 2)
  * preferably use light foreground color and not very dark background
  * define shadow color (try: fgsh black) if the evaluated one is not good

If you use black text color it is pretty difficult (but possible) to
define good shadow, because a human eye only likes dark shadows, so start
with white text color or rgb:e0/e0/e0 or similar.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Glyn Millington <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:31:25 +0000

> minutes, you may find what is good to you:

Brilliant - will continue playing ;-)

Many thanks.

Glyn