Subject: Re: FVWM: rdesktop and passing through control/alt keys

From: Tessa Lau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 14:11:16 -0500

> Does it matter wherher you start fvwm first or the application?
> Do *any* key bindings work over this window?

I always start fvwm first (from gnome-session).  Do you think that
starting Notes first and then fvwm later will change anything?

Both the keybindings *work* as advertised.  The problem is that in
*addition*, Notes sees a Control or Alt keypress but not a corresponding
keyrelease event.

--Tessa
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 14:27:58 -0500

> *addition*, Notes sees a Control or Alt keypress but not a corresponding

I see it, but I don't know what Fvwm can do about it.

Notes is taking the Alt key as a keystroke.
Fvwm needs Alt plus another key before it thinks the keystroke
is for Fvwm.

If you do a binding like this:

Key Alt_L W N Move

Then Fvwm will get the keystoke, but I don't think thats
what you want.  You want to use the Alt key as a modifier.

You can change the Alt key so that its a different modiifer
(like mod 1), but that will affect any program that wants Alt.
Most keyboards do have 2 alt keys,  I see notes uses both of
them.  You might want to remap one of them to a different
modifier.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]