Subject: FVWM: fvwm2 in rootless mode

From: "A. Gil Fortes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:19:54 +0000

Ibook G3 600 Mhz (384 MB Ram)
Hi:
I have installed fvwm2 as a window manager to work with Xdarwin; when in
full screen mode I can have access to the fvwm2 menu by clicking anywhere on
the screen; this way can get xterm and other utilities; but when working in
rootless mode how can I get access to the menu? What are the commands? Do I
need any additional installation?
Sorry for this trivial (probably) question, but is out of my knowledge.
    As a note, I did not add any .fvwm2rc or any other file; just got the
basic configuration when installed the fvwm2.

    Thank you.

----------------- 
Dr. A. Gil Fortes
Department of Chemistry
University of Minho
Campus de Gualtar
4700-320 Braga
Telf:253604384
Fax:253678983
E-mail:[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 17:19:43 -0500

> basic configuration when installed the fvwm2.

Since you don't have a root window to click on, you'll have to make a
keybinding to bring up the menu (I don't think there is one by default.)
 If you used the setup form when you first installed fvwm, it probably
created a .fvwm2rc for you (look for ~/.fvwm2rc or ~/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc),
and in that case you can just add something like:

Key F12		A	M	Menu MenuFvwmRoot

to the .fvwm2rc, which binds meta (M) + f12 in any (A) context to Menu
MenuFvwmRoot (which is defined in the configuration that the setup form
generates.)

Hope that helps,
-- 
Ben

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:11:25 -0500

"A. Gil Fortes" <[email-masked]> writes:
> rootless mode how can I get access to the menu?

I'm not familiar with the setup, but using FvwmCommandS and
FvwmCommand, as long as you can execute system commmands, you can
send commands to fvwm.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]