Subject: FVWM: Hello,

From: "Amy Bergmann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 14:53:38 -0600

Hello,
I am looking for a solution to a problem:
 I need to keeping an app on the screen without being able to move it
around.  I basically built a Kiosk using RH 7.2,  displaying HTML pages
with Netscape.  However I can move the window up/down, I took care of
left/right with (EdgeScroll is 0 0).  
I want to keep a window with it's tool bar, maximized, but not
moveable.  I covered up the menu bar with an image so users do not have
access to any control options.   Also, I  turned off all control buttons
in the title bar.
I already tried Style "*"     FixedPosition, Style "netscape"  
FixedPosition and it still allowed me to move the window.  
Any suggestions??   
Thanks,

Amy Bergmann
Unix Specialist
Milwaukee Transport Services, Inc
(414) 937-3225
[email-masked] 

**************************************************
  Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Software.
  Support OSI and EFF!!
  Make sure to send Senator Kohl a letter! 
  Visit http://action.eff.org/tinseltown/
**************************************************
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andrew Haninger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 21:53:43 +0000

> FixedPosition and it still allowed me to move the window.

Maybe you can start Netscape with the -geometry option to set the window
to the size of the display and don't use a WM.

-Andy

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:15:13 +0100

> FixedPosition and it still allowed me to move the window.  

Go through your config file and remove all "Key", "PointerKey" and
"Mouse" commands that bind the Move, Resize, Maximize etc.
commands to the window decorations.  To disable the built in
defaults, edit the file ConfigFvwmDefaults that comes with the
distribution.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^