Subject: Re: FVWM: rdesktop and passing through control/alt keys

From: Tessa Lau <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 22:26:55 -0500

> > Are you letting Fvwm manage the windows?

Yes, I'm letting Fvwm manage Notes/Wine windows.

> This should not happen anymore in fvwm-2.5.4 or later with key
> bindings using the "A"ny context.

I'm using Fvwm 2.5.4 with the following bindings for switching
desktops:

Key Left  A    MC   Scroll -100 0
Key Right A    MC   Scroll 100 0

If I do Ctrl-Alt-arrow when Notes/Wine is in focus, occasionally (not
always!) Notes/Wine will believe that Alt was pressed but not
released.  When I return the focus to Notes/Wine, the File menu will
be highlighted in blue as if I'd pressed the Alt key.

--Tessa
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:19:42 +0100

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 10:26:55PM -0500, Tessa Lau wrote:
> I'm using Fvwm 2.5.4

I messed up the version numbers.  The patch is only in 2.5.5, not
2.5.4.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^