Subject: FVWM: refreshing fvwm

From: Leonardo Úbeda <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:57:49 -0500

Hi everyone!

When you change a setting in the .fvwm2rc file, how do you see the 
changes in the desktop without  resetting the computer?

Thank you!

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 19:26:26 +0000

> changes in the desktop without  resetting the computer?

Yes, turning electricity in the room off and then on is one of the ways.
But there is a faster way using the

  Restart

command that is bound to a menu or key/mouse press.

Or, if your .fvwm2rc is written to support this, by executing:

  Read .fvwm2rc

You may also see the changes immediatelly if you execute the commands in
FvwmConsole (see its man page). These changes are not stored in .fvwm2rc,
so you may do this separately.

Regards,
Mikhael.