Subject: FVWM: fvwm with VNC

From: Jeremy Slade <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:43:43 -0700

I am using fvwm 2.2.2 on HP-UX 11.0 (though I have been consdering
updating, perhaps this will give me reason to).  At times I want to
run a full-screen vncviewer to another session also managed by fvwm
with the same bindings, etc.

I want my mouse / key actions to be received by the fvwm in the vnc
session, not by my local fvwm2.  Is there a way to specify that ALL
events should be given to a particular window?  I guess with the
exception of some key sequence I would need to break out of the vnc
session, that is...

Thanks,
Jeremy
-- 
Jeremy Slade
Hewlett-Packard Company - Systems & VLSI Technology Division
[email-masked] (970) 898-7881

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mike Dennison <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 11:39:46 +0000

Jeremy,

We have been doing the same thing, only with linux and fvwm 2.4.7 and have found that if you have the numlock key pressed all key events go to the fvwm in the VNC window, without numlock they go to the 'main' fvwm - this works fine for us!

best wishes

Mike

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:43:43 -0700