Subject: FVWM: Too many *bars

From: Jason Friedrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 19:41:50 +0100

Hello list, 

i am a little bit puzzled what *bar i should take. I search a bar
which contains a TaskList (Like the FvwmTaskBar) and display my
desktops and pages.
At the moment i use FvwmPager and FvwmTaskBar seperately but in 
my opinion it takes too much space on my desktop :).

Any ideas and/or configuration hints?

Thanks in advance,

-Jason

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 16:22:37 +0000

> Any ideas and/or configuration hints?

Several ideas. You may use transient pager to save your desktop space.
Here are bindings from fvwm-themes (press Ctrl-Mouse2 on the root):

  Mouse 2  R  C   Module FvwmPager -transient FvwmPager-Single * *
  Mouse 2  R  SC  Module FvwmPager -transient FvwmPager-Desker 0 3

You may also have FvwmPager to be an expanding/collapsing subpanel of
some FvwmButtons panel.

Another way is to swallow both FvwmPager and FvwmIconMan in FvwmButtons.

There are examples of all of these in fvwm-themes.

In my opinion FvwmPager is too valuable on a busy desktop to be hidden.
Try also something like this for a windows sorting in 2.5.4+:

  Mouse 2  A  SM  WindowList SelectOnRelease "" SortByResource, NoDeskSort, NoCurrentDeskTitle, NoGeometry, NoHotkeys

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].