Subject: FVWM: Font question

From: Johan Svedberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 13:59:53 +0100

Hi, all.

Just one quick question. Why do I get this in my .xsession-errors:

[FVWM][GetFontSetOrFixed]: WARNING -- can't get fontset 'fixed', trying
'-*-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-*-*'

Eventhough I don't have anything in my config file saying that I would
like to use this fixed as the font. I have set a diffrent Style * Font
also.

Another thing I don't get is why it can't seem to find the fixed font,
doing 'xlsfonts | grep '^fixed'' says I have it.

Regards,

--
Johan Svedberg, [email-masked], http://www.acc.umu.se/~winkle
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 15:01:59 +0000

> like to use this fixed as the font. I have set a diffrent Style * Font

If you use FvwmIdent or other module without specifying a font or you
don't set DefaultFont (for geometry window), the default "fixed" is used.

Actually "DefaultFont fixed" is always executed at startup in 2.4.x.

> doing 'xlsfonts | grep '^fixed'' says I have it.

This was answered not once, you may, for example, search
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email-masked]/ for GetFontSetOrFixed or
similar. This archive only holds several last months though.

Short answer, upgrade to 2.5.5 or change your locale or replace your
fixed alias.

Regards,
Mikhael.