Subject: FVWM: [newbie] list of commands for .fvwm2rc

From: "Jules Alberts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:22:30 +0100

Hello everyone,

A few days ago I moved from gnome+sawfish to fvwm (2.4.14 on a redhat 
box), mainly because of the speed (IMO gnome was a bit slow on a 450MHz 
CPU). I like it a lot, especially the freedom to configure everything 
you want in two text files (.xinitrc and .fvwm2rc).

The basic look+feel, nor any of the themes out there is 100% to my 
liking, so I'm trying to roll my own .fvwm2rc. The samples on the web 
the FAQ etc. are very helpful, but I'm wondering if a list exists with 
an explanation of all settings and commands (Style, AddToFunc, Key 
etc.).

TIA for any pointers!
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:50:08 -0500

> an explanation of all settings and commands (Style, AddToFunc, Key 

The Fvwm man page is the definitive reference:

man fvwm2

The man page is really large.  Its best to read it on the web
or inside of emacs or some other web page browswer.

For the web copy go to http://www.fvwm.org

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: "Jules Alberts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 16:19:04 +0100

> For the web copy go to http://www.fvwm.org

Thanks Dan. Glyn Millington already mailed me about the manpage and I 
did a man2html. I had no idea the manpage would be this huge :-) Great 
reference!
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].