Subject: FVWM: [newbie] strange Resize behaviour (inward doesn't work at once)

From: "Jules Alberts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 16:56:25 +0100

Hello everyone,

Just like everybody else I'm building My Perfect .fvwm2rc :-). I like 
to be able to resize a window by right dragging on the titlebar, so I 
put this in my rc:

  Mouse 3 T A Function TitleLeftClick
  AddToFunc TitleLeftClick
  + M Resize

This works almost as I expected, except for one weirdness: when I move 
the pointer away from the center of the window, it's resized (OK, 
normal). But when my first move is toward the center, the mousecursor 
moves but the window isn't resized. I have to move outward first, then 
I can move inward and the window resizes. Strange enough, the other 
resize function:

  Mouse 1 SF A Resize

works exactly as I expected, initially moving towards the center makes 
the window smaller.

Sorry if I overlooked the obvious in the manpage, does anybody have a 
solution? Thanks!
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:32:37 +0100

> Sorry if I overlooked the obvious in the manpage, does anybody have a 

It does not resize immediately because it does not know which
border you want to grab.  The second example works as you expect
because This is not problem with the "S"ide and "F"rame contexts.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: "Jules Alberts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:46:37 +0100

> because This is not problem with the "S"ide and "F"rame contexts.

Thanks for reacting. You're right. I hadn't noticed this before, but 
also when moving away from the center, the resize only starts after the 
mousecursor has passed a border.

Is there a way to do a "border-unaware-resize"? TIA!

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 18:08:38 +0100

> Is there a way to do a "border-unaware-resize"? TIA!

No, sorry.  The resize starts only when you touch any border.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^