Subject: FVWM: FvwmButtons problem

From: Andy Arbon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 15:12:58 +0000

Hello,

I posted a similar mail to the list yesterday, but this is a different
problem.

I have the following config which used to work in 2.5.2, but which now
no longer behaves as it should. I used to have an icon on the top right
of my screen which when clicked caused a panel to slide out from the
right. The icon used to appear on a transparent button so that the image
looked like it was floating on its own.

Since doing the upgrade I can't get the button to be transparent without
the icon also disappearing. According to the manual the Pixmap none line
should do what I want (and did in the old version) but it doesn't seem
to work now.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Andy

DestroyModuleConfig BarButtons: *
*BarButtons: Fore Black
*BarButtons: BoxSize smart
*BarButtons: Back #c3c3c3
*BarButtons: !Borders
*BarButtons: Pixmap none

*BarButtons: Font -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*BarButtons: Geometry 30x30-10+10@0
*SubPanel: Columns 1

*BarButtons: (Panel(left, delay 0, steps 4, position 100 270p) SubPanel
"Module FvwmButtons SubPanel") Icon mini.penguin.xpm

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 09:18:19 +0100

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 03:12:58PM +0000, Andy Arbon wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> 
> Hello,
> 

I think your config is not correct.

> *BarButtons: Back #c3c3c3

The next line does not seem correct, it should be removed.

 
> "Module FvwmButtons SubPanel") Icon mini.penguin.xpm

it should be:

*BarButtons: (Icon mini.penguin.xpm, \
	Panel(left, delay 0, steps 4, position 100 270p) SubPanel \
	"Module FvwmButtons SubPanel")

With these modifications and after defining a "SubPanel" Buttons
it works fine here.

Regards, Olivier

---

From: Andy Arbon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 12:45:50 +0000

Hello,

Thanks for the help, Olivier. Unfortunately, after making the changes
ou've specified I'm still seeing the same problem. I've narrowed it down
to the Pixmap none line.. if this line is not commented out the button
with the penguin icon on it completely vanishes. If the line is
commented out then the button with the icon is visible, but the grey
background of the icon is also visible.

The effect I'm after is for the penguin icon to be visible, but not the
button it sits on. The Pixmap None line did this fine until I upgraded
to 2.5.5, but then it stopped working.

Thanks,

Andy

Olivier Chapuis wrote:
|
| I think your config is not correct.
| The next line does not seem correct, it should be removed.
|>*BarButtons: !Borders
|
|>*BarButtons: Pixmap none
|>*BarButtons: Font -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
|>*BarButtons: Geometry 30x30-10+10@0
|>*SubPanel: Columns 1

| Ths next line is not correct too:
|>*BarButtons: (Panel(left, delay 0, steps 4, position 100 270p) SubPanel
|>"Module FvwmButtons SubPanel") Icon mini.penguin.xpm
|
| it should be:
| *BarButtons: (Icon mini.penguin.xpm, \
| 	Panel(left, delay 0, steps 4, position 100 270p) SubPanel \
| 	"Module FvwmButtons SubPanel")
|
| With these modifications and after defining a "SubPanel" Buttons
| it works fine here.
|