Subject: FVWM: FvwmTaskBar feature suggestion

From: Carlo Graziani <[email-masked]>
Date: 04 Nov 2002 10:05:57 -0600

Hi.

I'm a long-time FvwmTaskBar enthusiast.  It is the most efficient
desktop-clutter-reduction tool that I have encountered to date.

I have a suggestion for a feature, based on one of the few things
in GNOME that I actually like.  The Gnome Tasklist allows "task
grouping", in which multiple instances of a program are grouped in the
same taskbar icon.  Clicking on that icon pops up a menu showing
the titlebar entry of all instances, allowing one to choose any one
of them.

This effects an enormous space saving on my typical desktop.  I find
that just being able to group all terminals together and all edit
windows together allows me to keep a tasklist that monitors all clients
in all desktops using no more than 8-10 icons.  This makes the icons
readable and usable, while requiring only two lines of icons in the
tasklist.

In my opinion, this would be a great addition to FvwmTaskBar.

Best Regards,
Carlo Graziani

-- 
Carlo Graziani                                 (773) 702-7973 (Voice)
Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics       (773) 702-6645 (FAX)
University of Chicago                        [email-masked]
5640 South Ellis Avenue
Chicago, IL 60637            Time flies when you're in a frenzied panic.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].