Subject: Re: FVWM: update menu problems

From: Eduardo Gargiulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 16:09:22 -0300

Peter McAlpine <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Some more details will may be needed... like an excerpt from your
> .fvwm2rc that creates/binds the menu.

This is an excerpt of /etc/X11/fvwm/system.fvwm2rc

Read /etc/X11/fvwm/menudefs.hook Quiet
Read menudefs.hook Quiet

> Make sure that the files that define menus
> (/etc/X11/fvwm/menudefs.hook on my system) are there, and that you're
> sourcing them (via a Read command) in your .fvwm2rc.

The file menudefs.hook exists, and if I manually edit it, the menus
change, but I want that menus are updated every time I add/remove a
program.

> but in the meantime... what happens when you run update-menus?

$ update-menus
$

nothing happens.

-ejg
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Eduardo Gargiulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 18:01:56 -0300

I have recently noted that /etc/menu-methods/fvwm were not an executable
file, it had 644 perms; after chmoded it to 755 the menu are updated
right.

thanks for your replies

-ejg