Subject: FVWM: vanishing WindowList

From: Erik Steffl <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 03:39:40 -0800

when I hit the keyboard shortcut that brings up the WindowList 
appears but as soon as I let go Alt (part of keyboard shortcut) the 
WindowList disappears (therefore I cannot use it to switch focus to 
another window).

   not sure when this behaviour started, some time ago it worked 
properly (I hit keyboard shortcut, the WindowList appears and stays on 
the screen until I hit esp or number letter ...)

   it works properly when invoked via mouseclick or via popup menu.

   system:

     debian unstable (and default debian fvwm config)
     fvwm 2.4.10

   the only relevant config items (as far as I can tell, I grepped for 
WindowList)):

   in menu definition:

+ "Alt-F4:  Window List"                 WindowList

   shortcuts:

Mouse 3   R  A  WindowList
Key F4    A    M    WindowList

   any ideas? (I just re-read WindowList part of manpage, didn't find a 
clue)

   TIA!

	erik

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 12:53:56 +0100

>   any ideas? (I just re-read WindowList part of manpage, didn't find a 

That is because they are using the SelectOnRelease option for the
WindowList command.  You can still use the list as long as you do
not release the Alt key.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 08:45:22 -0500

>    any ideas? (I just re-read WindowList part of manpage, didn't find a 

To remove the select on release behavior, use "selectonrelease"
without a key name following it:

Key F4    A    M    WindowList SelectOnRelease

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]