Subject: FVWM: Setting focus to window below mouse cursor?

From: "Felix E. Klee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 17:28:03 +0100

Hi,

I set up key combinations (CA-Left, CA-Right, CA-UP, CA-DOWN) to move around 
pages on a desktop by 100% window size. But when pressing eg. CA-Left I 
expect the currently visible window below the mouse cursor to have input 
focus. To do this I guess it is easiest to focus the window below the cursor 
immediately after changing the page. But how do I set the focus to the window 
below the mouse cursor? 

You might wonder why I don't use desktops instead. Well, the reason is that I 
find it more intuitive to move between pages as described above than to 
switch between desktops that have no geometric relation.

Felix

-- 
To contact me personally don't reply but send email to 
  felix DOT klee AT inka DOT de
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 21:56:41 +0000

On 23 Nov 2002 17:28:03 +0100, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> 
> I set up key combinations (CA-Left, CA-Right, CA-UP, CA-DOWN) to move
> around pages on a desktop by 100% window size. But when pressing eg.
> CA-Left I expect the currently visible window below the mouse cursor to
> have input focus. To do this I guess it is easiest to focus the window
> below the cursor immediately after changing the page. But how do I set
> the focus to the window below the mouse cursor?

You probably want SloppyFocus or MouseFocus. Then a window that happens to
be under the cursor will be focused:

  Style * SloppyFocus

If you for some reason insist on using ClickToFocus policy, it's possible
to do what you want (but only in 2.5.x):

  Key Left   A  CM  GotoPageAndFocus -1p +0p
  Key Right  A  CM  GotoPageAndFocus +1p +0p
  Key Up     A  CM  GotoPageAndFocus +0p -1p
  Key Down   A  CM  GotoPageAndFocus +0p +1p

  DestroyFunc GotoPageAndFocus
  AddToFunc   GotoPageAndFocus
  + I GotoPage $*
  + I Next (HasPointer) Focus

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:52:35 +0100

> immediately after changing the page. But how do I set the focus to the window 

Try

  PointerWindow Focus

> switch between desktops that have no geometric relation.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^