Subject: FVWM: Premature close of OpenInterface GUI

From: "Dameron, Gregg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:06:54 -0700

Running 2.4.7 on Solaris.

We are trying to run Sun's RAID Manager GUI, rm6.  When it runs, it displays
a box of icons that lets the user launch child GUI processes (similar to the
CDE App Manager).  FvwmIdent shows all the rm6 GUIs to be class
"OpenInterface", resource "openedit".

Some of the child process GUIs have a Toolbar.  When you roam the mouse over
one of the toolbar buttons, a popup tooltip is supposed to appear.  What
happens is, you get the tooltip for a few milliseconds, then the child GUI's
process exits normally (status 0), as if it had received a close request
from the window manager.  Truss reveals no obvious "smoking gun".

I tried using the default (built-in) fvwm2 configuration and got the same
result.

I went back to my regular configuration and tried using the keyboard mapping
to move the mouse (Alt + arrow keys).  I can move the mouse over the toolbar
buttons, and the process stays up, but then, the tooltip never appears.

The rm6 GUIs work fine under olwm, dtwm and twm.  Any suggestions are very
welcome.

Gregg Dameron

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 20:18:40 +0100

> The rm6 GUIs work fine under olwm, dtwm and twm.  Any suggestions are very

It's hard to say what is going on without seeing what events
inside fvwm cause the the frame to disappear.  I can't imagine why
fvwm should tell the window to close itself.  I guess rm6 isn't
available freely (and on Linux) so I could try again?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].