Subject: FVWM: Xinerama support for openwin help

From: "T.L.Bowers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 13:22:29 -0500

I'm trying to compile fvwm 2.4.13 w/ xinerama support but
configure is unable to find libxinerama.  I have xinerama
enabled and I am using it.

Anyone know where the default location for the xinerama libs
for sun are located?  I can find them in /usr/openwin/lib.

The error I get is:

ld: fatal: library -lXinerama not found.

Regards
-tb

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 14:38:09 -0500

> ld: fatal: library -lXinerama not found.

Due to xinerama implementation differences between XFree86 and XSun,
Fvwm xinerama support only works with XFree86.

You might be able to install XFree86 on your Sun machine,
or maybe you'd be interested in creating patches to get Fvwm
support for Xinerama on Solaris working.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]