Subject: FVWM: StickyDesk style option?

From: Mark Krenz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 15:26:40 -0500

I recently switched back to fvwm after moving to RedHat 8.0 and not
being satisfied with the changes to sawfish.   I've pretty much got
everything the way I want, except that under sawfish I was able to make
windows sticky in a desktop sense as well as in a viewport sense.  Is
there anything like this under fvwm or could it be added?

  Basically what I want to be able to do is have two desktops with 9
viewports (3x3) each and in the center viewport on each desk (not each
viewport) I want my web browser to stick to each desktop.

-- 
 mark.krenz
 [email-masked]
_______________________________________________________________________________
Patent #623820147
It's a walking stick that rotates at high speed! It automatically avoids
obstacles.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Peter McAlpine <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 19:12:28 -0500

> viewport) I want my web browser to stick to each desktop.

try something like this:

DestroyFunc MyGotoDesk
AddToFunc MyGotoDesk
	  + "I" All [mozilla] MoveToDesk $0
	  + "I" GotoDesk $0

(sub mozilla with whatever browser you use)

I'm guessing this would work, but watch the people who really know
tell me otherwise.

Peter

-- 
Peter McAlpine
[email-masked]

---

From: Mark Krenz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 09:16:46 -0500

> 	  + "I" All [mozilla] MoveToDesk $0

  This doesn't work for me as far as I can tell.  Maybe I'm using it
wrong.  Would I put the MyGotoDesk keyword as a Style option for a
matched window then?

Frontpage, when you haven't gotten it enough from the IRS

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 16:03:57 +0100

> wrong.  Would I put the MyGotoDesk keyword as a Style option for a

No, you have to replace GotoDesk and Desk with MyGotoDesk
everywhere.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Mark Krenz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 10:23:49 -0500

> No, you have to replace GotoDesk and Desk with MyGotoDesk

  Ahh, thanks.  That works.  The problem with this method though is that
if you decide to click on the pager to get to another desktop, your
window is still going to be on the other desk.  Any chance of getting a
StickyDesk style option added to fvwm?

Patent #697779050
It's a mousemat that doesn't distract you from your work and is audible only to
dogs.

---

From: Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 14:05:08 -0500

> StickyDesk style option added to fvwm?
One other possible approach is using FvwmEvent to execute commands 
whenever the desktop is switched--It'd be very tricky to implement what 
you want using FvwmEvent, though...  A StickyDesk options would probably 
be much cleaner.

-- 
Ben