Subject: FVWM: Amended $PATH?

From: "Dameron, Gregg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:14:34 -0700

Running 2.4.7 on Solaris.

Does (or did, back in 2.4.7) fvwm2 amend the user's $PATH with the output of
"fvwm-config -B" (or its equivalent)?  It's showing up in my $PATH (when
echoed in terminal windows launched by fvwm2) but there's nothing in my
configuration to explain it.  Terminal windows that are "cousins" of fvwm2
(different process lineage from a common ancestor) don't include fvwm2's
location in $PATH.

Thanks,
Gregg Dameron

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:57:37 +0000

> (different process lineage from a common ancestor) don't include fvwm2's

fvwm does not change your $PATH, but fvwm-themes-start does it if needed.
This is done to verify that all programs installed with fvwm (fvwm-config,
fvwm-menu-directory, fvwm-root (was xpmroot) etc.) are available to you.
Generally it is always a good idea to have fvwm (fvwm2 prior to 2.4.8) in
your $PATH, but this is not required if you know what you do.

Regards,
Mikhael.