Subject: FVWM: rdesktop and passing through control/alt keys

From: William Denton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 14:22:52 -0500 (EST)

I've just started using rdesktop to connect remotely to a Windows 2000 box
(it's a really handy program), but I've got a problem: my control and alt
keypresses are being passed through when sometimes I'd rather they
weren't.  I use C-arrow to move around the virtual windows, but when I
have the rdesktop window in focus I lose that ability.  I have to move the
mouse, bring something else into focus, then do C-arrow.  Is there some
way I can stop fvwm from passing through particular keystrokes to certain
windows?  I looked through the man pages and did some searches but didn't
see anything matching the keywords I could think of.

Thanks,

Bill
-- 
William Denton : Toronto, Canada : http://www.miskatonic.org/ : Caveat lector.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 16:10:15 -0500

> see anything matching the keywords I could think of.

-K --vmkeys
       By default the keybindings of the windowmanager will be  ignored
       when  the  rdesktop window is in focus. Use this setting to keep
       the windowmanager keybindings.

  Manual page rdesktop.1 line 53

-- 
Ben

---

From: William Denton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 16:57:26 -0500 (EST)

On 29 November 2002, Ben Winslow wrote:

: -K --vmkeys
:        By default the keybindings of the windowmanager will be  ignored
:        when  the  rdesktop window is in focus. Use this setting to keep
:        the windowmanager keybindings.
:
:   Manual page rdesktop.1 line 53

All that time looking at the fvwm man page and I never thought to look at
rdesktop's.  Thanks.

Bill