Subject: FVWM: tabbed windows

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 10:30:31 -0800

> Sorry if this has been asked before. Just wondering if fvwm supports
> tabbed windows like pwm:
> http://modeemi.cs.tut.fi/~tuomov/pwm/screenshots/pwm-1.jpg

I constructed a module a while back that had tabbing as well as other
things, but it never really got stable enough where I proposed anyone
use it except as a prototype.

The ion-like pane capability is probably not worth the complexity, so I'm
considering a simplified non-paning rewrite that concentrates on just
the tabbing.  Paning looks cool, but I never really found a lot of real
world use for it in the window manager.

For the curious, take a look at http://imonk.com/baboon/FvwmPartition.
The second picture has two tabs over the clock.

-- 
  _
 ( \      _  \    /_ /  _ _  Jason Weber                  (503) 380-7424
  \|(\/)()))  \/\/(-/_)(-/(  Infinite Monkeys Inc.        Aloha, Oregon
  //                         http://www.imonk.com/baboon  [email-masked]
 (/     [email-masked]        [email-masked]

     "Canister contains at least 50% recycled material; 15%
      post-consumer content."
   -- Pringles Fat-Free (side of can)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].