Subject: FVWM: FvwmTaskbar without button and clock

From: Jason Friedrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 16:40:36 +0100

Hello together, 

its me again ;). I just tried to configure FvwmTaskbar that it wont show
the annoying (for me) "Start" button. I cant find an Option for it in
the FvwmTaskbar Manpage.

And is it also possible to tell Fvmw2 that it wont let the windows
become under the taskbar? For example if i move a window it is not
allowed to go "under" the Taskbar?

Any Suggestions? Thanks,

-JASON
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:23:47 +0100

> the annoying (for me) "Start" button. I cant find an Option for it in

Currently, the taskbar always displays a Start button.  The best
you can get is an empty label on a very small button:

  *FvwmTaskBar: StartName

> allowed to go "under" the Taskbar?

Do you mean that the windows should always be atop the taskbar, or
that fvwm refuses to let windows and the taskbar overlap?  In the
first case try

  Style FvwmTaskBar StaysOnBottom

In the second case you can only change the behaviour of the
initial window placement.  After that it's up to the user.  There
is some functionality tin the latest 2.5.x development code.  I
can't explain it in detail right now, but I described it a few
weeks ago in another mail on this list.  Look for "Struts",
"Placement" and "Penalties" in the mail archive and the man page.

(This needs its own section in the FAQ).

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^