Subject: FVWM: Wrong cursor shape for moving windows

From: "Felix E. Klee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 17:11:05 +0100

Hi,

when I place the cursor on the top, bottom or side frame of a window the 
cursors shape is changed into the respective resize shape. However when 
pressing the left mouse button and dragging the cursor the shape changes into 
a cross and the window gets moved around and not resized. Moving around is OK 
but how do I change the misleading resize cursor shape?

Felix

-- 
To contact me personally don't reply but send email to 
  felix DOT klee AT inka DOT de

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 21:05:08 +0000

On 23 Nov 2002 17:11:05 +0100, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> pressing the left mouse button and dragging the cursor the shape changes
> into a cross and the window gets moved around and not resized. Moving
> around is OK but how do I change the misleading resize cursor shape?

It is possible to bind both Resize and Move on the window frame using
different mouse buttons. Resize using mouse button 1 is pretty standard,
this is why the the default cursor shapes show resizing.

This link discusses how both Resize and Move may be bound for a better
usability:

  http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/0207/msg00371.html

It is also possible to change cursor shapes using CursorStyle command.

Regards,
Mikhael.