Subject: FVWM: Scrolling desktop only when moving window?

From: "Felix E. Klee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 17:21:11 +0100

Hi,

I want to scroll around the desktop only when hitting screen borders with the 
mouse cursor while moving a window and not when just moving the mouse. Is 
this possible?

Felix

-- 
To contact me personally don't reply but send email to 
  felix DOT klee AT inka DOT de
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 21:38:58 +0000

On 23 Nov 2002 17:21:11 +0100, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> 
> I want to scroll around the desktop only when hitting screen borders
> with the mouse cursor while moving a window and not when just moving the
> mouse. Is this possible?

Yes, sure, this is possible. The default behaviour of "10% of the page
scrolling" is pretty crazy, I think it should be changed to something
more reasonable. It is hard to believe anyone uses this default.

Anyway, use the following commands to get what you want:

  EdgeScroll 0 0          # disable page scrolling on mouse move
  EdgeResistance 1000 20  # enable scrolling of the whole pages
                          # on window move, but make it pretty resisting
  EdgeThickness 1         # the default is 2

You may play with these commands. The man page explains them well, but
you should actually try all combinations to understand how it works.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: "Felix E. Klee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 09:30:30 +0100

> you should actually try all combinations to understand how it works.

Thanks. I must have overlooked
  Note that, with
    EdgeScroll 0 0
  it  is  still  possible  to  move or resize windows
  across the edge of the current screen.   By  making
in the man page.

Felix