Subject: FVWM: FvwmWharf question

From: Eduardo Gargiulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:51:26 -0300

Hi all.

I´m trying to set up FvwmWharf on my system, but I can't. I'd added some
*FvwmWharf settings on system.fvwm2rc, but I can't load the module and I
don't know where to look for logging errors. (I´d read FvwmWharf man
page). Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

-ejg

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 14:44:18 -0500

> page). Any help would be appreciated.

In the source distribution, in the modules/FvwmWharf directory,
there is a file "sample.style" that works.  Just read it in
then run the command "module FvwmWharf".

If you don't have the file, send mail to me, and I'll send you a copy.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Eduardo Gargiulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 18:20:34 -0300

> If you don't have the file, send mail to me, and I'll send you a copy.

I have the file, and it's working. Thanks.

One more question: the sample file does not have an example with Swallow
apps; i'd tried the FvwmWharf man page example using asclock, but i
didn't work. The asclock process appears in a window and the wharf
button is empty. Do you have an example on how to put swallowd apps in
wharf buttons?

thanks again and sorry for my english

-ejg

---

From: Ben Winslow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 17:06:46 -0500

> page). Any help would be appreciated.

fvwm prints its errors to stderr--try looking at the server where you 
started the X server (if you started it from a terminal), or try looking 
at ~/.xsession-errors or similar.  If errors aren't being printed to 
stderr and you can't seem to find where they're being redirected to, try 
creating an error (by, say, restarting fvwm2 with the FvwmWharf module 
failing) and doing 'ls -ltra ~' to see which files were recently changed.

-- 
Ben