Subject: FVWM: An even better "stroke"

From: Felix Karpfen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 20:14:44 +1100

This is a suggestion from a delighted user, to make an excellent new
fvwm2  feature even better - when used by geriatrics whose shaky hands
cannot be trusted to draw a simple straight line with any degree of
consistency.

Would it be possible to call "stroke" (with Alt + Mouse 2?) from a
window that displays a 3x3 grid?  This would ensure that my wavery
diagonal lines and untrue right angles are close enough to the intended
"strokes".

Felix Karpfen 
-- 
Felix Karpfen
[email-masked]
Public Key 72FDF9DF (DH/DSA)

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 10:29:17 +0100

> diagonal lines and untrue right angles are close enough to the intended

I don't quite understand how this is supposed to work?  Do you
mean that when you initiate a stroke, a grid pops up to help
steering the pointer?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Felix Karpfen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:55:44 +1100

Fvwm Mailing List wrote:
> > diagonal lines and untrue right angles are close enough to the
> > intended "strokes".
> 
>  Do you mean that when you initiate a stroke, a grid pops up to help
>  steering the pointer?
> 
That is exactly what I meant.  Anyone with a reasonably steady hand (or
possibly a higher quality mouse) would not need that help.

And anyone with a decent memory would remember a few <key|mouse>
bindings and not need "stroke".
 
For users with steadier hands and better memories, it would open up other
combinations e.g. "157", "158","14563" and "14569".  The list grows.

Felix