Subject: FVWM: Using keyboard to click?

From: Lorens Kockum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 15:15:15 +0100

I have a situation when I cannot use the mouse. With fvwm95 (rc
file originally from debian bo or hamm IIRC), the monkey test
brought out Ctrl-Shift-Arrow within a matter of seconds, but
click still escapes me. I'd have expected Ctrl-Shift-Enter,
or Ctrl-Shift-1.

Finding 

# press shift arrow + control anywhere, and move the pointer by 1% of a page
Key Left        A       SC      CursorMove -1 0

etc. was simple, but no amount of replacing a command with
"Mouse 1", "Click", "LeftClick", "Click 1", "Click1" helped, and
I didn't find any other likely candidates. Google didn't help,
neither did the fvwm FAQ, and I couldn't find anything to search
the list archives (thay don't seem to be found in Google).

So my questions are: is there a binding I'm likely to have that
I've missed; if so, what is it and where should I have looked
for it; if not, how do I make one?

TIA
-- 
#include <std_disclaim.h>                          Lorens Kockum
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 09:46:42 -0500

> for it; if not, how do I make one?

This is not the fvwm95 list.
Fvwm95 was last changed many years ago, I think you might be
happier with something more current.
Fvwm can easily do everything fvwm95 does.
To start, install a current version of fvwm.
If you have a .fvwm/.fvwm2rc file, remove it.
Then click on the root and ask it to run the Setup 95 Script.
Then restart.

I think what you are looking for is the ability to simulate
mouse clicks with the keyboard.  If so, check out question
3.5 in the FAQ.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Lorens Kockum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 16:26:35 +0100

> This is not the fvwm95 list.

Sorry.

> mouse clicks with the keyboard.

Exactly. I found (find) it amazing that one should be able to
move the mouse pointer, but not simulate a click. Now that I
think about it, the wm has a valid reason to move the pointer
around (to a new window, for example), but admittedly much less
to simulate a user click for an application.

> If so, check out question 3.5 in the FAQ.

Ah, sorry again, missed that one (searched on "click"). Will
look into migrating (to XKB, fvwm2...) :-(