Subject: FVWM: fvwm2 restart function on solaris8 w/dtlogin

From: "T.L.Bowers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 18:04:22 -0500

Anyone know why the xsession is killed
when trying to use the restart fuction.

This is very annoying esp. becuase I'm
trying to fix up my fvwm2rc.

I'm running 2.4.13 and dtlogin is running.

-tb 

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 00:12:08 +0000

> I'm running 2.4.13 and dtlogin is running.

How do you (or dtlogin) start fvwm?
What command do you use for Restart?

You should see an error message in the place where you have all X output.

There is almost no chances that Restart without parameters would fail.
Only if you removed or incorrectly replaced your currently running fvwm
executable (I don't know for sure about solaris8, but linux allows this).

Or maybe it always exits with your fvwm2rc (for example you have Quit
command in it), not just on Restart? If you can't find the problem
yourself, send your fvwm2rc. But first find the error message.

Regards,
Mikhael.