Subject: FVWM: dont pass the placement keypress/click?

From: Denis Perelyubskiy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:40:36 -0700

Hello,

Is it possible (perhaps in 2.5.x series, if not in 2.4.x) to
NOT pass the placement click/keypress to the applications?

I did find the Click... options, but those seem to apply to
mouse only, and only to 'Focus'. Or are they supposed to
work for placement clicks/keypresses as well?

I am using the smartplacement style, and some windows go
away right after I place them, since I think placement
click/keypress (i hit enter sometimes) is passed to the app.

thanks,

denis

-- 
// mailto: Denis Perelyubskiy <[email-masked]>
// icq   : 12359698
// PGP   : http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~denisp/files/pgp.asc
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 22:48:00 +0000

> work for placement clicks/keypresses as well?

I think the intention is to never pass the placement clicks/keypresses to
an application regardless of any style options.

> click/keypress (i hit enter sometimes) is passed to the app.

Denis, this is the second time you say you use SmartPlacement (BTW, it is
better to avoid this obsolete name and use the MinOverlapPlacement name)
when you actually use ManualPlacement. Please be more attentive.

I can't reproduce the problem with this config:

  Style ManuallyPlacedXTerm ManualPlacement
  Exec xterm -name ManuallyPlacedXTerm

Pressing Enter to place this xterm is not passed to it.
Probably you use something like "Exec xterm -e date" and "date" or other
similar command exits immediatelly, so xterm exits too.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 00:58:29 +0200

> click/keypress (i hit enter sometimes) is passed to the app.

No, that can't be it.  When you have to place a window manually,
the window is not even mapped an can not receive key or button
presses.  I'd have to see the effect myself to see what is going
on.  Please make a minimal .fvwm2rc and give detailed
instructions.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].