Subject: FVWM: Hilight active menu fg w/out active menu bg?

From: Scott Smedley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 15:06:20 +1000

Hi all,

Is there a way to highlight the active fg menu item without having to
highlight the bg of the active menu item?

This highlights the fg in AntiqueWhite (which is what I want) & the
background in a horrible green:

ImagePath $HOME/images/icons
MenuStyle * MenuFace DGradient 255 2 darkgray 50 MidnightBlue 50 white
MenuStyle * SidePic happy.xpm
MenuStyle * ActiveFore AntiqueWhite
MenuStyle * HilightBack green

If I comment out the HilightBack line, then there is no bg (obviously)
but also no AntiqueWhite on the active menu item ...

What I really want is the AntiqueWhite fg & my menuface gradient to
still be visible in the bg.

I'm using 2.5.3 on RH7.3.

Thanks for any help,

SCoTT. :)
--
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 18:27:04 +0000

> still be visible in the bg.

You can't do this. The only current possibility is to have a solid
active background if it is different from the main background.

What you really want is to have a transparent ActiveColorset, but it
is not currently implemented.

Hopefully someone (Olivier) will enhance the menu ActiveColorset to be
fully functional, including Pixmap and Transparent options.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 12:53:28 +0200

> active background if it is different from the main background.

I have fixed this.  With the latest code from CVS it should work
fine.  When using an ActiveColorset, you have to specifiy

  MenuStyle * HilightBackOff, ActiveFore, ActiveColorset <n>

> fully functional, including Pixmap and Transparent options.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, mail: [email-masked], phone: 0721/91374-382
Schlund + Partner AG, Erbprinzenstr. 4-12, D-76133 Karlsruhe
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].