Subject: FVWM: Window positioning

From: rahul kalaskar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:46:40 -0400

Hi all,

I am using  Style "MyGUI*" Desk 1in my system.fvwm2.rc  to start my 
Tck/Tk application on desk 1. The UI is about 800x600 in size. I want to 
postion it at the center of the screen which is of size 1024x768. By 
default the application window always with  (0,0) as its left top 
corner. How do I specify the (x,y) postion of its left top corner?  My 
application doesnot provide the geometry option. I would like fvwm to 
launch all windows of name "MyGUI" at a specfic place ?

Thanks in advance for any tip.

rahul

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:56:07 +0000

> launch all windows of name "MyGUI" at a specfic place ?

Please see FAQ #3.18 and FAQ #7.14.

They explain the best solutions currently possible.

Regards,
Mikhael.