Subject: FVWM: WindowList: two things...

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 13:38:04 +0200

Hi,
I've got two questions about the WindowList I did not succeed to answer
with the man pages:

1.
Is it possible to make the WindowList sticky and use it instead of of
the IconMan? When I make it sticky it blocks all other activities untill
I click onto it  - then, however, it disappears. Is there another way to
use it like the IconMan?

2.
I tried to configure the WindowList in a way that Ctrl-Tab not only
raises the next window but also iconifies ALL other windows. That has
the desired effect that only one window is visible from time to time. I
tried this:

DestroyFunc WindowListFunc
AddToFunc WindowListFunc
+ I All Iconify On
+ I WindowId $0 Iconify Off
+ I WindowId $0 FlipFocus
+ I WindowId $0 Raise

My problem lies in "+ I All Iconify On". This also affects my IconMan,
XClock, Buttons which should NOT be iconified. (I have also excluded
them from the WindowList but this doesn't change anything.) Is there a
way to select all windows EXCEPT IconMan, XClock and Buttons? "All" is
too much,"WindowId $0" is not enough...

Thank You,
 Felix
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 13:50:43 +0200

> I click onto it  - then, however, it disappears. Is there another way to

No.  The WindowList is just a menu and behaves as such.

> too much,"WindowId $0" is not enough...

Add the CirculateSkip style to the windows you do not want to
affect:

  Style FvwmButtons CirculateSkip
  Style xclock CirculateSkip
  ...

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, mail: [email-masked], phone: 0721/91374-382
Schlund + Partner AG, Erbprinzenstr. 4-12, D-76133 Karlsruhe
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:18:05 +0200

Dominik Vogt:

> > raises the next window but also iconifies ALL other windows. That
> > has the desired effect that only one window is visible from time to
> > time. I tried this:
> > 
> > My problem lies in "+ I All Iconify On". This also affects my
> > IconMan, XClock, Buttons which should NOT be iconified. (I have also
> > excluded them from the WindowList but this doesn't change anything.)
> > Is there a way to select all windows EXCEPT IconMan, XClock and
> > Buttons? "All" is too much,"WindowId $0" is not enough...
> 

Thanks but this doesn't help. :-)
If I use a WindowListFunc as shown above even with these Style commands
ALL is affected. I beleve that "All" is not the right thing but
"WindowId $0" isn't either... So, what else could I do to iconify all
windows except xclock, iconman, buttons...?

Bye,
 Felix

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:00:07 +0200

> windows except xclock, iconman, buttons...?

I see.  The "All" command disregards some of the condition flags.
I have committed a patch to the latest development code.  With
that, you can say

  Style blabla CirculateSkip

and then

  All (!CirculateHit) iconify on

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^