Subject: FVWM: ActiveUp, ActiveDown... ActiveHilight?

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:29:20 -0500 (EST)

Hi folks.

I'm currently using an FVWM2 CVS snapshot from a week or so ago, and I'm 
trying to get my fvwm2 setup looking a little more modern. Actually, I'm 
trying to get my fvwm2 looking like the Metabox theme for Metacity.

I've got a good deal of the stuff looking the same, however I would like 
to have my buttons in the window decorations highlight to a different 
color/gradient. Currently I only see 2 states, Up and Down, for the Active 
and InActive options. Would it be difficult to add a Hilight state? Or 
would it be easy to achieve something similar so that when my mouse is 
over a botton, it highlights to a different background gradient?

Also, while I've got your attention, I've seen a number of windows 
managers allow for Titles, no borders, and a bar across the bottom. For 
example: 

	http://www.hudat.com/~ken/metabox-screenshot.png

I imagine it'd be hard to do something like that, but is it somewhere on 
the radar as far as feature requests go? If not, could we add it :-)
			-peace

-- 
Let he who is without clue kiss my ass

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 22:08:54 +0000

> over a botton, it highlights to a different background gradient?

This would break the current symmetry of 2x2x2 states. Making it to be
3x2x2 states. I can't say right now how hard is to detect the enter/leave
button events. Maybe Dominik can.

> the radar as far as feature requests go? If not, could we add it :-)

But "we" do you mean you are willing to try? :)

There were discussions to have top/side/bottom borders separately
disabled/enabled, but not exactly the implementation of this.

Regards,
Mikhael.