Subject: FVWM: Decor - entirely discrete from style

From: "David A. Rogers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:53:51 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

It looks like what is set in decors is entirely discrete from what can be
set using style.  Have I missed anything?

dar

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 17:24:47 +0000

> set using style.  Have I missed anything?

You probably did not miss anything. Decors are not very much compatible
with Style if this is what you asked. This is why they will be replaced.

Please be more verbose. Provide configuration parts or command names
that puzzle you and tell us your ultimate goal.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: "David A. Rogers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:09:32 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

It's not the details that are confusing, it's the bigger picture.  Something
along the lines of "most people fiddle with the default decor, then use that
decor in their styles" kind of thing.

The newer man page is much better than it was, but still difficult to follow
when looking to set up fvwm in a specific way.  I dug into it more completely
yesterday and am starting to have a better feel for things.  I just wanted to
make sure I was getting it right.

You are correct in that I found Decors to be odd.  It would have made more
sense (to me) if all the window decoration commands were under Decor and all
the window behavior commands somewhere else.

As it is, Style has both window decoration and window behavior commands.
Decor has umm the rest of the window decoration commands.

On the other hand, I love what fvwm can do (and in a package that still works
well on my 233Mhz machine too).  And now I think I've figured out how to tell
fvwm what I want.

dar