Subject: FVWM: new user config. fvwm2

From: "leegold" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 16:08:31 UT

New user question, FreeBSD 4.4
I put  fvwm2 &  in ~/.xinitrc and fvwm2 works OK.

I now see  ~/.fvwm,  it's an empty directory. Is it correct
to put the local configuration file  .fvwm2rc  inside this  
~/.fvwm directory ?

Should I copy my system.fvwm2rc to the  ~/.fvwm directory, rename
it .fvwm2rc, and make my personal changes to this .fvwm2rc file?

Would it be OK to only have the config lines I want to change in
.fvwm2rc and not the whole file?

Thanks

-- 
http://fastmail.fm - Choose from over 50 domains or use your own
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 16:55:06 +0000

> to put the local configuration file  .fvwm2rc  inside this  

Yes, it is preferable to keep all config files in ~/.fvwm, it is also
in your "Read" search path and some modules/scripts use this directory.

> it .fvwm2rc, and make my personal changes to this .fvwm2rc file?

You may.

> .fvwm2rc and not the whole file?

It should be the whole file, but you may achieve the same effect by having
the first line in ~/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc:

  Read /your/system.fvwm2rc

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 12:58:12 -0400

> it .fvwm2rc, and make my personal changes to this .fvwm2rc file?

Yes.

> .fvwm2rc and not the whole file?

No, it will only read one or the other.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]