Subject: FVWM: Dockable App question

From: Stephen Dennison <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:33:47 -0400 (EDT)

I've noticed in a lot of screenshots that some people make use of a
"minature xterm" as a sort of dockable applet.  Where can I find it?

On second thought, that doesn't sound very descriptive... here's a link to
a screen shot that is using it in the upper left hand corner, bottom-most
app.
http://www.igs.net/~tril/fvwm/snake.jpg

Thanks

--s.r.d.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 21:42:47 +0000

> http://www.igs.net/~tril/fvwm/snake.jpg

It is an ordinary xterm, you don't need a dockable applet of it.

If you know how to swalow applets, you know how to swalow xterm, just
give it an unique name, like "Exec exec xterm +sb -name XTermToSwalow".

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Suzanne Skinner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 03:24:48 -0400

> http://www.igs.net/~tril/fvwm/snake.jpg

That'd be mine. It's not a separate program, just aterm (rxvt or xterm would
work too) run with special options (tiny geometry, tiny font, etc.) and
started in InitFunction.

Suzanne

-- 
[email-masked] - http://www.igs.net/~tril/