Subject: FVWM: order of FvwmWinList

From: ben park <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:49:11 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Is there any way to arrange the order of windows in
FvwmWinList, either in a graphic way or by editing a
text file?

Thanks.

Ben

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Y! Web Hosting - Let the expert host your web site
http://webhosting.yahoo.com/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:18:06 +0000

> FvwmWinList, either in a graphic way or by editing a

After reading the FvwmWinList man page it does not seem there is any
way to tweak the window order other than maybe optionally specifying
FollowWindowList (sorting by last focus).

There is no way to change the order dynamically once a module started.
FvwmIconMan has more sorting options, also currently statical.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 01:10:52 +0000

On 29 Oct 2002 18:38:33 -0500, Richard Lister wrote:
> 
> Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]> wrote on Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:18:06 +0000:
> > 
> I wrote a fairly trivial module using perllib to do window lists with
> entries sorted into classes by perl regular expressions.

I planned to add such module as either many-in-one FvwmGtkPerl or as
a separate module. It is easy to code it using Gtk-Perl to look like a
table or somithing similar to KDE or an other OS (when Alt-Tab pressed).
I just don't know how is it with images, did not have experience yet.

> It's not ready for release yet: needs rewriting for the 2.5.4 API and
> some bugs fixing. But it might be useful to you if you're happy
> playing with perl.

In your case I would wait a bit more, then with new tracker additions
your module will not have to deal with any fvwm events, it will just
request an automagically up-to-date list of window info structures.

> Mikhael
> 
> What's the story with implementation of readConfigInfo for perllib?
> Is it coming soon?

No, I finally decided not to go with this design, it will be removed.
Instead, a statical (or dynamical, by user's request) ConfigInfo will be
just one of the many supported trackers.

Regards,
Mikhael.