Subject: FVWM: Forcing Evolution to use a certain icon

From: Benjamin Goedeke <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Oct 2002 17:17:06 +0200

Hello,

No biggy here but I was wondering how I can force Evolution to use a
certain Icon. I put

Style evolution Icon evolution.png, MiniIcon envelope.png

in my .fvwm2rc file and it works fine right after I start Evolution.
However, when I switch directories in my inbox it will start to use the
app supplied icon (which is a tiny 16x16 icon).

FvwmIdent shows a resource string of "evolution" for most evolution
windows while the Name and IconName changes depending on what window I
look at. I tried using wildcards like "Evolution*" or "*volution*" but
that doesn't make any difference.

Thanks for any pointers

Ben

Fvwm version:	snap 20021015
Evolution:	1.0.5

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:39:16 +0000

> app supplied icon (which is a tiny 16x16 icon).

Try:

  Style evolution IconOverride

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:44:18 +0000

> app supplied icon (which is a tiny 16x16 icon).

You probably mean the mini icon that is supplied, so try also:

  Style evolution EWMHMiniIconOverride

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Benjamin Goedeke <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Oct 2002 17:53:33 +0200

>   Style evolution EWMHMiniIconOverride

Actually the MiniIcon I specified never changed. So I guess there is no
app supplied MiniIcon (the app supplied icon is just really small).

worked.

Thanks,
Ben