Subject: FVWM: Beginner with FvwmButtons

From: Glyn Millington <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 08:17:34 +0100

Greetings!  I've recently returned to fvwm after a few years absence -
it's even more fun than I remembered.  2.5.3 on Debian Woody.

I'm trying to branch out a little with FvwmButtons; appended below is a
specimen which will undoubtedly make you laugh or cry!  The four
identical buttons are just for experiment at this stage ;-)  The specific
error I get from this is

"MyBar2: unmatched END in config file"

It looks to me like the END is matched - can anyone tell me what is
missing?  

Is there anything else missing? ie what is a reasonable minimum
configuration for a small panel to fire up four programs?

8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------

FvwmButtons MyBar2

*MyBar2:Geometry +0+500
*MyBar2:BoxSize smart
*MyBar2:Back red
*MyBar2:Fore white
*MyBar2:Rows 2
*MyBar2:ButtonGeometry 64x64
*MyBar2: (Icon /usr/local/src/AquaFusion/32x32/apps/xemacs.png, Action `Exec xemacs`)
*MyBar2: (Icon /usr/local/src/AquaFusion/32x32/apps/xemacs.png, Action `Exec xemacs`)
*MyBar2: (Icon /usr/local/src/AquaFusion/32x32/apps/xemacs.png, Action `Exec xemacs`)
*MyBar2: (Icon /usr/local/src/AquaFusion/32x32/apps/xemacs.png, Action `Exec xemacs`)
*MyBar2(End)

8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------

Thanks for your time!

Glyn
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Rastislav Galia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 09:34:01 +0200 (CEST)

> *MyBar2: (Icon /usr/local/src/AquaFusion/32x32/apps/xemacs.png, Action `Exec xemacs`)

The (End) should not be there, as it should be used in connection with 
Container only. Since you have no Containter defined, use of (End) is 
syntactically incorrect.

/Rastjo

---

From: Glyn Millington <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 11:08:04 +0100

> Container only. Since you have no Containter defined, use of (End) is 

Yes!!   Many thanks

Glyn