Subject: FVWM: KDE 3

From: Bob Crochelt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 06:54:03 -0800

I asked this once before, but couldn't figure it out.  I'm running fvwm 2.5.2 
on Red Hat 7.3.  Is there support for KDE 3?  If not, how to enable it?  When 
I use the script file it seems to indicate that KDE is not installed on my 
computer, which it is.

Thanks in advance
-- 
Bob Crochelt
Ketchikan, Alaska

PO Box 9399
Ketchikan, Alaska 99901

[email-masked] or
[email-masked]

at work:
[email-masked]

"No wonder our military authorities complain of the 'poor material' 
enlisting in the army and navy. This admission is a very encouraging 
sign. It proves that there is still enough of the spirit of 
independence and love of liberty left in the average American to 
risk starvation rather then don the uniform,"
-- Emma Goldman, 

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "S. Anderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 12:53:42 -0600

> I use the script file it seems to indicate that KDE is not installed on my 
I dont use redhat, but for me It didnt work by default because my 
sytem uses KDEDIRS and not a KDEDIR envirroment variable, but that was
easily fixed. 
      `echo $KDEDIR` if it doesnt output anything then..
try   `export KDEDIR=/usr/kde/3`
then: `fvwm-menu-desktop --lang=en --desktop kde-sys --merge-user-menu`

hth,
sa