Subject: FVWM: Nautilus window not getting focus

From: Thomas Bjorn Andersen <[email-masked]>
Date: 08 Oct 2002 18:15:00 +0200

I'm running fvwm 2.5.2 with nautilus-1.0.6-ximian.14.  My .fvwm2rc
contains the following lines (relevant to focus):

ColormapFocus FollowsFocus
Style "*" SloppyFocus
Style "xload"		NoTitle, Sticky, WindowListSkip, ClickToFocus

If I switch to a virtual desk or otherwise end up with no windows having
focus, my Nautilus windows do not get focused when the mouse enters.  

If I click on an xload window to bring it into focus, the nautilus
window still doesn't get focus.

However, if I have any other window open, that window will get focused
with no problems, and after that the nautilus windows get focused as
well.

As far as I can tell, this behaviour only happens with nautilus windows.

Any ideas on how I can make nautilus get focused?

All this is on a RedHat-7.2 with Ximian desktop.
-- 
Thomas Bjorn Andersen <[email-masked]>

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 22:28:31 +0200

> Any ideas on how I can make nautilus get focused?

Not from the top of my head, but please

 - upgrade to 2.5.3 or - better - the latest snapshot
 - check what FvwmIdent says about the window's focus policy.

> All this is on a RedHat-7.2 with Ximian desktop.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Thomas Bjorn Andersen <[email-masked]>
Date: 08 Oct 2002 23:16:32 +0200

>  - upgrade to 2.5.3 or - better - the latest snapshot

I'll try that tomorrow sometime.

>  - check what FvwmIdent says about the window's focus policy.

Nautilus has "Focus Policy: Globally Active".  What does that mean
exactly?  I can't find any references in the docs for fvwm.
-- 
Thomas Bjorn Andersen <[email-masked]>

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 23:33:55 +0200

> exactly?  I can't find any references in the docs for fvwm.

That it doesn't want to be given the focus by the window manager
but take it on its own when it sees fit.  What does FvwmIdent say
about the WM_TAKE_FOCUS protocol?

Anyway, it may help to give nautilus the "Lenience" style

  Style Nautilus Lenience

(replace "Nautilus" with the name/classe/resource of the windows
if necessary).

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^