Subject: FVWM: fvwm2 -d not working

From: Christian Lyra <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 18:32:11 -0300

Hi all

	I just got another videocard+monitor and configure a dual-head Xfree (not 
xinerama as I want to run two distinct resolutions). From fvwm2 manual I saw 
that I can call fvwm2 with parameter -d <display>. but fvwm seems to be not 
respecting this! I tried to run icewm together with fvwm2 (one on each screen 
of course), but fvwm2 insist in running on both displays!

	I tried the following:

	1 - start X with only a xterm in .xsession, so I got no WM
	2 - from the xterm launch icewm with: icewm -display :0.1 (ok... it works)
	3 - launch fvwm2 with: fvwm2 -d :0.0 (them fvwm just launched on both 
displays!)

	I'm running fvwm2 snapshot from last week (cant remember the day...). 

	This is a bug or am I doing something wrong?

-- 
Christian Lyra
POP-PR - RNP

  There once was a master programmer who wrote unstructured programs. A 
novice programmer, seeking to imitate him, also began to write unstructured 
programs. When the novice asked the master to evaluate his progress, the 
master criticized him for writing unstructured programs, saying, ``What is 
appropriate for the master is not appropriate for the novice. You must 
understand the Tao before transcending structure.'' 
						The Tao Of Programing
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 21:39:52 +0000

> 	This is a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Try "fvwm -s -d :0.0" instead. The -s means manage only one screen.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Christian Lyra <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 18:43:08 -0300

> Try "fvwm -s -d :0.0" instead. The -s means manage only one screen.

	I was doing something wrong! Thanks for yor help. it works :-)

-- 
Christian Lyra
POP-PR - RNP

  Thus spake the master programmer: 
  ``A well-written program is its own heaven; a poorly-written program is its 
own hell.'' 
						The Tao Of Programing
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].