Subject: FVWM: remembering last focussed app on virt desktop

From: Maciej Kalisiak <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:59:14 -0400

I'm using fvwm-2.5.3, with ClickToFocus.  I have a 3x3 array of
virtual desktops.  Is there some way that I can tell fvwm to remember
which was the last focussed application on each virtual desktop, so
that when I switch back to that (virtual) desktop the focus is
restored?  Currently when I switch to a different virtual desktop my
focus is left behind with the previous application, now off-screen.

-- 
Maciej Kalisiak       mac "at" dgp.toronto.edu       www.dgp.toronto.edu/~mac
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 21:53:17 +0000

> focus is left behind with the previous application, now off-screen.

I suppose you have one virtual desktop with 3x3=9 pages. Desktop contains
pages. Windows may occupy several pages, but only one desk. There is also
only one focussed window per desk. So the solution for you is easy, use
virtual desktops and you will get the behaviour you want.

Example, currently you have one virtual desktop with 3x3=9 pages, but you
may configure the pager to have 3x3=9 desks and have totally 3x3x3x3=81
pages. To get such hyper cube, do:

  DesktopSize 3 3
  *FvwmPager: Columns 3

  FvwmPager 0 8  # this is how you start the pager with 9 desks

But, it seems you don't need pages, so replace the DesktopSize command:

  DesktopSize 1 1

Regards,
Mikhael.