Subject: FVWM: toggling between two application windows

From: rahul kalaskar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 13:46:24 -0400

Hi all,

I have a Kiosk running fvwm. The Kiosk has a browser and an TCL/TK 
application running. I need to toggle the windows programatically on 
certain events.  Basically, I want the monitor to display the browser 
window and the Tck/Tk window alternatively. Is there any way to do this ?

Thanks
rahul

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 18:11:25 +0000

> window and the Tck/Tk window alternatively. Is there any way to do this ?

Yes, you may do this. I give you some commands that may be called from
FvwmEvent or FvwmCommand or be bound to key presses and you choose what
you need. Please contact the man pages to learn more.

  Next Raise
	- raise the next window

  Next Focus
	- focus the next window

  Next WindowListFunc $w
	- go to the next window (raise/warp/focus)

  Next ("Browser") Focus
	- focus browser window (replace the id string with "Netscape*")

  Next ("Browser") WindowListFunc $w
	- go to browser window (raise/warp/focus) 

  Current ("Browser") Next ("Application") Focus
	- focus application window if currently browser is focused

There more conditionals and options like "ThisWindow (Raised, !Focused)"
depending on your fvwm version.

Regards,
Mikhael.