Subject: RE: FVWM: Re: planning the 10th fvwm birthday event

From: "Riswick, J.G.A. van" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:10:34 +0200

yes, are there any special features planned for 2.6?

jos
-----Original Message-----
From: parv

>   * Finish the 2.6 release before that day.

shouldn't that be an "maybe" item as that release will server nobody
if it would be only in name sake?  i would much prefer a stable
version (any of 2.[45].x) than the _necessary_ 2.6 ...
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:17:43 +0200

> yes, are there any special features planned for 2.6?

Other than what we do anyway?  No.  What exactly would a "special
feature" be?  All menus being decorated with a birthday cake in
the backgroung on that day?

> version (any of 2.[45].x) than the _necessary_ 2.6 ...

What I have in mind is a release that we can point at that isn't
two years old.  I am planning to spend less time before the 2.6
release anyway.  I will definitely not push it if it isn't
stabilizing fast enough.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, mail: [email-masked], phone: 0721/91374-382
Schlund + Partner AG, Erbprinzenstr. 4-12, D-76133 Karlsruhe
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Rastislav Galia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 14:40:13 +0200 (CEST)

> release anyway.  I will definitely not push it if it isn't

Does spending less time  mean fvwm development if canceled ? And - I 
thought 2.6 will be stable version final 2.5 unstable. 

/Rastjo

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:22:12 +0200

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 02:40:13PM +0200, Rastislav Galia wrote:
> Does spending less time  mean fvwm development if canceled ?

No, I was comparing the time between 2.2 and 2.4  (2.5 years) with
the time between 2.4 and 2.6 (hopefully < 2 years).

It means that 2.4 development got out of hand and that I want to
retain better control over release dates.  2.3.x was in feature
freeze for about a year.  That must not happen again.

> And - I thought 2.6 will be stable version final 2.5 unstable. 

Yes.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Erik Steffl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 21:55:33 -0700

> the backgroung on that day?

   shaped windows decorations?

	erik

---

From: "louie miranda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 21:30:40 +0800

Hi, im using fvwm2 i have 9 windows where i can change terminals,
Im just wondering what do u call those window terminals.
And how can i add more of those terminals?

Thanks..

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:45:45 -0400

> And how can i add more of those terminals?

I'm sorry, I don't think I understand the question.

Are you referring to the screens you see in FvwmPager?

If so, find the line that looks like this:

DeskTopSize 3x3

and change it to something like

DeskTopSize 4x4

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214      Phone: (732) 699-5570
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].