Subject: FVWM: planning the 10th fvwm birthday event

From: fvwm-workers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 01:30:56 +0200

On the first of June, 2003, we will be celebrating fvwm's tenth
birthday.  It may seem an eternity now, but the preparations will
probably take much longer than I believe right now.  As fvwm is
mostly about users, I'd like to invite everybody to help planning
the Grand-Fvwm-Birthday-Event (tm).  I have collected a few vague
ideas (o = maybe, * = must):

  * Publish some words about fvwm history.
  * Promote the event (magazines, announcement lists, newsgroups).
  * Finish the 2.6 release before that day.
  * Vamp up the web page for the event.
  o Find Robert Nation and get at least a statement from him.
  o Revive the fvwm logo contest a few months before the birthday
    and proclaim the winning logo on the birthday.
  o Create an IRC channel on that day.
  o Make a web page with photographs of the developers.

Don't hesitate to post your suggestions, comments, offers for help
or whatever you can think of.

Although I posted this message on both, the fvwm and the
fvwm-workers list, I would like to keep this discussion on the
fvwm-workers mailing list to keep the noise on fvwm low.  Please
reply to fvwm-workers.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: parv <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 23:39:53 -0400

in message <[email-masked]>,
wrote fvwm-workers thusly...
> birthday.  It may seem an eternity now

no kidding...

> (o = maybe, * = must):

shouldn't that be an "maybe" item as that release will server nobody
if it would be only in name sake?  i would much prefer a stable
version (any of 2.[45].x) than the _necessary_ 2.6 ...

...of course, if the release just happen to be on the birthday, that
would be another thing.

  - parv

--