Subject: FVWM: Alt-Tab key

From: Klaus Zeitler <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Sep 2002 13:58:33 +0200

When I press Alt-Tab a fvwm window list appears
even though I have the following line in my .fvwm2rc file:

Key	Tab	A	M	-

How can I disable this key setting (FVWM version 2.4.3)?

Thanks

Klaus

-- 
 ------------------------------------------
|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
|  Email:             [email-masked]  |
 ------------------------------------------
---
Carelessly planned projects take three times longer to complete
than expected. Carefully planned projects take four times longer
to complete than expected, mostly because the planners expect
their planning to reduce the time it takes.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:17:44 +0200

> How can I disable this key setting (FVWM version 2.4.3)?

In principle, that's the correct command.  If it doesn't work, a
different binding must be somewhere in the config files.  Look for
bindings with the tab key in your config file and the
ConfigFvwmDefaults that comes with the distribution.  You have to
negate all bindings by issuing the same command to "-" as the
action.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, mail: [email-masked], phone: 0721/91374-382
Schlund + Partner AG, Erbprinzenstr. 4-12, D-76133 Karlsruhe
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:19:27 +0000

> How can I disable this key setting (FVWM version 2.4.3)?

Make sure you have this line in the correct ~/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc file.
In case you have two .fvwm2rc files.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 08:21:58 -0400

> How can I disable this key setting (FVWM version 2.4.3)?

That should work.

I don't see anything in the NEWS file that implies there was
a problem with unbinding keys in 2.4.3, but perhaps you
should try a more current stable release.

Also look for error messages coming out of fvwm.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214      Phone: (732) 699-5570
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Klaus Zeitler <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Sep 2002 16:22:41 +0200

>>>>> "Dominik" == Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:
    Dominik> 
    >> How can I disable this key setting (FVWM version 2.4.3)?
    Dominik> 
    Dominik> In principle, that's the correct command.  If it doesn't work, a
    Dominik> different binding must be somewhere in the config files.  Look for
    Dominik> bindings with the tab key in your config file and the
    Dominik> ConfigFvwmDefaults that comes with the distribution.  You have to
    Dominik> negate all bindings by issuing the same command to "-" as the
    Dominik> action.
    Dominik> 
I commented out the line that defines A-tab in ConfigFvwmDefaults and now
it works. Looks as if that line above doesn't work properly.
Since I'm the only fvwm user in my department (sad I know), I can
modify the defaults without affecting others.

The support in this mailing list is great and the response time
is unbelievable. Many thanks.

Klaus

-- 
 ------------------------------------------
|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
|  Email:             [email-masked]  |
 ------------------------------------------
---
The trouble with doing something right the first time
is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].