Subject: FVWM: FvwmPager border color

From: Johan Svedberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:04:49 +0200

Hi, all.

Can I change the border color for only the FvwmPager? Guessing Style
FvwmPager BorderStyle something...

Regards, Johan Svedberg

-- 
|Mail address   |Home telephonenumber    |E-mail address               |
|Johan Svedberg |+46 (0)90-49 139        [email-masked]            |
|Hästhagsvägen 2|                        |                             |
|S-905 96 Umeå  |Cellular telephonenumber|WWW address                  |
|Sweden         |+46 (0)70-639 49 82     |http://www.acc.umu.se/~winkle|
                                                                      --
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 19:41:24 +0000

> FvwmPager BorderStyle something...

Yes, you can. If you will be more specific about how you set the border
color for all windows (using Style * BackColor, Style * BorderColorset
or BorderStyle with or without decors), I may answer more specifically.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 19:52:52 +0000

On 10 Sep 2002 21:49:50 +0200, Johan Svedberg wrote:
> 
> On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 07:41:24PM +0000, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> Style * ForeColor black, BackColor SteelBlue4
> 
> That's it.
> 
> Oh, and one other thing regarding FvwmPager, I can't find a option for
> changing the with of the "separators" that separate the virtual
> desktops?

Searching for "separator" in the FvwmPager gives 2 options for separators
SolidSeparators and NoSeparators, nothing about changing the size.
The size is always 1 pixels as of now.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Johan Svedberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:59:33 +0200

> The size is always 1 pixels as of now.
Ok. :-(  Any change of a SeparatorWidth function being implemented?

Did you have a suggestion about that bordercolor changing thingie
aswell? :-)

Regards, Johan Svedberg

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:07:17 +0000

> Ok. :-(  Any change of a SeparatorWidth function being implemented?

Some people think 1 is too much to see the mini windows, do you really
want it to be thick?

> Did you have a suggestion about that bordercolor changing thingie

Search for "color" in the FvwmPager man page (the second mentioning).
Or use Colorset.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:57:27 +0000

On 10 Sep 2002 22:37:18 +0200, Johan Svedberg wrote:
> 
> Having this makes the FvwmPager border have some wierd color:
> 
> Style "FvwmPager" BackColor black

Please don't ask FVWM questions personally. I would spend much more time
answering the same questions (like this one) if I would answer personally.

The border is usually drawn using a three-dimentional (3d) looking relief.
Hilight and shadow colors are evaluated from the background color (black
in your case), they are gray in 2.4.x. Light shadows look weird on the
dark background, I know. But you can't draw it 3d with black bg otherwise.
You can't set hilight and shadow colors if you use BackColor, but you can
do this with colorsets. Try this:

  ModuleSynchronous FvwmTheme
  *FvwmTheme: Colorset 40 fg yellow, bg black, sh red, hi green

  Style FvwmPager Colorset 40

Then replace "red" and "green" with "black" or any other color.

If you want to see this 3d thing more clearly, set also:

  Style FvwmPager NoHandles, BorderWidth 10

Regards,
Mikhael.