Subject: FVWM: Cursor disappearing while typing?

From: Victor Eijkhout <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:05:46 -0400

Probably not an fvwm question, but. Is it possible to hide the cursor 
when i start typing? Half the time the cursor is obscuring something, 
and I like the Mac behaviour that it disappears from view while I'm 
typing.
-- 
Victor Eijkhout <[email-masked]>
tel: 865 974 9308 (W), 865 673 6998 (H), 865 974 8296 (F)
http://www.cs.utk.edu/~eijkhout/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Maciej Kalisiak <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 16:28:48 -0400

> and I like the Mac behaviour that it disappears from view while I'm 

Have a look at the "unclutter" utility for X11.  Most Linux/*BSD distros
include it.  It hides the cursor whenever the mouse stays motionless for
some predefined duration.

-- 
Maciej Kalisiak       mac "at" dgp.toronto.edu       www.dgp.toronto.edu/~mac

---

From: Ulrich Fahrenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 22:24:09 +0200 (MEST)

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Victor Eijkhout wrote:

> when i start typing?

Have a look at unclutter. I don't remember where I found it (google),
it appears not to be maintained anymore; but I've used version 0.80
for several years without any pain. Does exactly what you want.

uli

-- 
Ulrich Fahrenberg -- http://www.math.auc.dk/~uli