Subject: FVWM: new install on Solaris 9

From: McIntosh Donald <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 12:41:25 +0100

Hi...

I've just installed fvwm 2.4.11 on Solaris 9.  It compiled and installed
without any problems.

The problem I am having is that during login, it seems to have a problem
processing the .fvwm2rc file.  It gets so far and then my machine "beeps"
and I'm left with only the config it's processed up until that point
(normally just my mouse menus).  I then do a restart of fvwm and it all
comes up, including my FvwmButtons.  I've tried it with the sample .fvwm2rc
files and I still get the same thing, so it's not just my .fvwm2rc file.

Does anyone know why fvwm2 "hangs" half way through startup and then works
perfectly after a restart?

Thank you in advance.

Donald McIntosh
UNIX Systems Administrator

ACCA
64 Finnieston Square Glasgow G3 8DT United Kingdom
Tel: 0141 309 4075

ACCA may monitor and read all e-mails as it is presumed that they are sent or received in connection with the business of ACCA or for business use only. ACCA also monitors e-mails for security reasons to ensure that no unauthorised disclosure of ACCAs confidential information is passed via the e-mail system.

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential.  It is intended for the recipient only.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, distribution, printing or copying of this e-mail is unauthorised.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the e-mail from your computer.

The contents of any attachment to this e-mail may contain software viruses, which could damage your own computer system.  While ACCA has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses.  You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the attachment.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 12:06:59 -0400

> perfectly after a restart?

Hi.

I've been thinking about this one, and I just saw your newsgroup
post, so I figure you're getting anxious.

Does Ctrl-Alt-Escape help?

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214      Phone: (732) 699-5570
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].