Subject: FVWM: sticky icons

From: Denis Perelyubskiy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 17:43:29 -0700

hello,

I am trying to make my icons sticky. So, I made a function
that does Iconfiy and then Stick.

The problem, however, is that now when the window is raised,
it is "stuck".

Is it possible to make some Raise-And-Unstick-If-Stuck
function?

I am using fvwm 2.4.6.

thanks,

denis

-- 
// mailto: Denis Perelyubskiy <[email-masked]>
// icq   : 12359698
// PGP   : http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~denisp/files/pgp.asc
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Denis Perelyubskiy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 17:49:38 -0700

Hate to reply to my own posts, but I realized the question
is not .. umm. very smart ;)..so small corrections:

  * Denis Perelyubskiy <[email-masked]> [14-Sep-02 17:45 -0700]:
  >
  >hello,
  >
  >I am trying to make my icons sticky. So, I made a
  >function that does Iconfiy and then Stick.
  >

I think I am looking for DeIconfify-And-Unstick-If-Iconfified
function, not "raise".

Also, I am not worried about a simple "DeIconify" function,
since that probably will be taken care of by my
Iconfify-And-Stick.

However, my windowlist function looks like this:

   DestroyFunc WindowListFunc
   AddToFunc WindowListFunc
   + "I" WindowId $0 Iconify -1
   + "I" WindowId $0 Focus
   + "I" WindowId $0 Raise
   + "I" WindowId $0 WarpToWindow 50 50

So, this de-iconifies Iconified windows, but if they will be
"stuck" I'd like to unstick them as well. "Stick" does not
work by itself, since it will stick all windows :(

thanks,

denis

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 21:04:37 -0400

Denis Perelyubskiy <[email-masked]> writes:
> hello,
> 
> I am trying to make my icons sticky.

Look for StickyIcons in the man page.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214      Phone: (732) 699-5570
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].