Subject: Re: FVWM: Immovable windows

From: Daniel Barclay <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:31:30 -0400

> Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 10:25:38 -0600
> From: Gregg Dameron <[email-masked]>
> ...
> I have an application that turns off MWM_FUNC_MOVE, but I can still
> move it around by dragging the title bar or using the Pager.  ...
> If I turn off everything (emulating a "splash screen"), I can still
> move it around with the Pager.  ..In all cases the window is rendered
> correctly (visually), it's just that I can't seem to shut off
> moves.  

Why would you want to prevent the user from moving the window, even
a splash screen?  

Even though the user can't yet do anything with that application
(since it's starting up), the user might want to do something else 
(with some other application).  Making that difficult is _not_
user-friendly.

Daniel
-- 
Daniel Barclay
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].