Subject: FVWM: Gradients in Colorsets not working (config error?)

From: Michael Fischer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 02:01:14 -0400

Hi. 

Tried switching my config over to colorsets, and found
that I couldn't get Colorset gradients working.

bg, fg seem fine, but gradient is seemingly not applied.

Orignially, I had the following:

DefaultColors  Black grey77 Black grey51
HilightColor   Black CadetBlue3
HilightColor   Black LightYellow2
TitleStyle ActiveUp Hgradient 128 2 LightYellow2  90 #390909  10 Black --
Raised

Which worked fine.

Minimal config demonstrating my problem:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
OpaqueMoveSize 0
EdgeScroll 0 0
EdgeResistance 10000 0
DeskTopSize 4x2
XORvalue 255

IgnoreModifiers L2

ImagePath /usr/X11R6/share/icons/xpm/hicolor/all:\
/usr/X11R6/share/icons/xpm/locolor/all:\
/usr/local/share/fvwm/images:\
/usr/local/share/fvwm/images/16x16:\
/usr/local/share/fvwm/images/32x32

AddToFunc InitFunction
+       "I"     Module FvwmTheme
+       "I"     Module FvwmAuto 200
+       "I"     Exec xterm -ls -geometry +150+85
+       "I"     Module FvwmButtons PagerBox
+       "I"     Module FvwmButtons MailBox 

AddToFunc RestartFunction
+       "I"     Module FvwmTheme
+       "I"     Module FvwmAuto 200
+       "I"     Module FvwmButtons PagerBox 
+       "I"     Module FvwmButtons MailBox

AddToFunc ExitFunction
 +      "I"     Exec xsetroot
 +      "I"     Exec susewmif kill

*FvwmTheme: Colorset 0 fg black, bg grey51 
*FvwmTheme: Colorset 1 fg black, bg grey51 
*FvwmTheme: Colorset 2 fg red, bg LightYellow2, Hgradient 128 2
LightYellow2 90 #390909 1
0 Black

ModuleSynchronous Timeout 5 FvwmTheme

WindowFont      -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
IconFont        fixed

Style * Colorset 1
Style * HilightColorset 2
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, where did I go wrong...?

Oh,

fvwm2 -version
FVWM version 2.4.5 compiled on Mar 25 2002 at 22:16:05
with support for: ReadLine, Stroke, XPM, GNOME WM hints, Shape, SM,
Multibyte, Xinerama

from SuSE 8.0

Many thanks for the great work.

Michael
-- 
Michael Fischer				Happiness is a config option.
[email-masked]			Recompile and be happy.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 11:05:34 +0200

> Minimal config demonstrating my problem:

You did nothing wrong.  For performance reasons, only the four
basic colours (fg, bg, sh, hi) of a colour set are used.  The
titlebar drawing code has its own, more efficient implementation
of gradients.  This is about the only place where you still have
to use non-colour set syntax.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, mail: [email-masked], phone: 0721/91374-382
Schlund + Partner AG, Erbprinzenstr. 4-12, D-76133 Karlsruhe
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].