Subject: FVWM: 'No such key' for valid keys?

From: Erik Steffl <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 02:01:13 -0700

when starting fvwm 2.4.8 (debian unstable) on vncserver 3.3.3r2 I get 
bunch of errors even though the keys are valid, as verified by xev and 
also by fvwm - they actually work!

   here are the error messages:

[FVWM][ParseBinding]: <<ERROR>> No such key: XF86Standby
[FVWM][ParseBinding]: <<ERROR>> No such key: XF86AudioMute
[FVWM][ParseBinding]: <<ERROR>> No such key: XF86AudioLowerVolume
[FVWM][ParseBinding]: <<ERROR>> No such key: XF86AudioRaiseVolume
[FVWM][ParseBinding]: <<ERROR>> No such key: XF86AudioPlay
[FVWM][ParseBinding]: <<ERROR>> No such key: XF86AudioStop
[FVWM][ParseBinding]: <<ERROR>> No such key: XF86AudioPrev
[FVWM][ParseBinding]: <<ERROR>> No such key: XF86AudioNext
[FVWM][ParseBinding]: <<ERROR>> No such key: XF86Mail
[FVWM][ParseBinding]: <<ERROR>> No such key: XF86Search
[FVWM][ParseBinding]: <<ERROR>> No such key: XF86HomePage
[FVWM][ParseBinding]: <<ERROR>> No such key: XF86Start

   here's example of config (all the lines are like this one, just 
different key and different text after -T):

Key     XF86AudioNext           A       A       Exec exec xterm -T next

   and it gets even stranger: when I run xev (just run it, not hitting 
those keys while it's running) the messages disappear - next time I 
start fvwm on the same server it works! yes, I tried to restart fvwm 
before I run xev, the messages are there everytime it is started, until 
I run xev.

   these bogus messages are NOT printed when using X 4.x (XFree86)

   any ideas?

   TIA

	erik

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].