Subject: FVWM: A question...

From: Len Philpot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 20:39:34 -0500

...that's maybe not already answered in obvious fashion somewhere. :)

I have an FvwmForm dialog "RunCommand", which just offers a field to
specify and run a command. It works fine, but I'd like to limit it to
one instance only. How can I make it basically "application modal"? Is
there a way to check to see if it's already up and if so, abort?

I've tried *RunCommandGrabServer, which does indeed stop everything
else, but it allows more RunCommands (I have it assigned to Alt+F2).
Also, for example, if I press Alt+Tab while it's up, nothing happens.
However when I either run or cancel it, the windowlist shows up. This
may be unavoidable and is no biggie.

Is there a way to maybe set a flag variable and check for its existance
prior to running? If so, maybe a generic "only once" function could be
written. In a shell script, C, etc., I could do this, but I'm not sure
how with fvwm.

I'm running 2.4.6, if it makes any difference.

Thanks.

-- 
+-----------------------------------------------------+
|  Len Philpot       ><>         http://philpot.org/  |
|  [email-masked]     [email-masked] (alt)  |
+-----------------------------------------------------+
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 23:25:53 -0400

> I'm running 2.4.6, if it makes any difference.

destroyfunc oneform
addtofunc oneform i none (FvwmForm-Talk) Module FvwmTalk

key F1 R A oneform

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214      Phone: (732) 699-5570
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].