Subject: FVWM: An always raised window

From: Uwe Pross <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:20:34 +0200

Hi there,

I am using fvwm-2.5.3 on a Solaris maschine. I have to use a program which
emulates ms-windows in some kind.  This program produces a window which is
always on top. I have not found a way to put other windows above this one.
This window is not shown in window list or in the taskbar either nor does it
have fvwm-window decorations.  Which really bothers is that this window
stays on top so one cannot see other windows. I attemted to put other
windows in a higher layer by

All ("Netscape*") Layer 0 100000 

which raises Netscape-windows above all other window except this special
one. 

I tried to run this application with CDE which can put other windows above
this one. So it is not impossible.

Any suggestions how to handle the depth of this window?

Thanks in advance.

Uwe
-- 
+--------------------------------------------------
| Uwe Pross 
| mail : mailto:[email-masked]
| www  : http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~uwp
+--------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Ulrich Fahrenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:31:02 +0200 (MEST)

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Uwe Pross wrote:

> stays on top so one cannot see other windows.

Look for

	RaiseOverUnmanaged

in the manpage. Short answer: Issue

	BugOpts RaiseOverUnmanaged

in your .fvwm2rc

Uli

-- 
Ulrich Fahrenberg -- http://www.math.auc.dk/~uli

---

From: Uwe Pross <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 08:38:24 +0200

On September 27, 2002 at 14:31 +0200, Ulrich Fahrenberg wrote:
> Short answer: Issue

Thanks for the hint. RaiseOverUnmanaged only was not sufficient. I used 

BugOpts RaiseOverUnmanaged True, RaiseOverNativeWindows True

Regards, Uwe