Subject: FVWM: Hide PagerDisplay in FvwmPager

From: Niklas Matthies <ml/[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 22:47:03 +0200

Short version: I'd like FvwmPager to _not_ draw its own PagerDisplay
window in the pager view. Is there a way to achieve this?
I'm using fvwm 2.4.8. from the Debian distribution.

Long version: I use a large grid of desks and like to see them all at
once in the pager when navigating between desks, hence the pager view is
quite big, practically fuillscreen. Normally, I have the PagerDisplay
iconified, effectively hidden since I don't display icons, and deiconify
it (and make it topmost) on demand via a hotkey for navigation. I then
navigate using Alt+cursor-keys, the PagerDisplay being sticky hence
remaining on-screen. Unfortunately, in the pager view, the PagerDisplay
window then always obscures the current desk. This is a bit annoying,
somewhat as if the text cursor in a text editor would always obscure the
current character under the cursor. Since there isn't much use anyway
for the PagerDisplay window to be present in the pager view, I'd like to
get rid of it there.

-- Niklas Matthies
-- 
Good judgement comes from experience,
and experience comes from bad judgement.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 22:03:30 +0000

> for the PagerDisplay window to be present in the pager view, I'd like to

You can't do this in 2.4.8.

In 2.5.x, use:

  *FvwmPager: UseSkipList

Then all WindowListSkip windows are not shown in the pager, like:

  Style FvwmPager WindowListSkip

Regards,
Mikhael.