Subject: Re: FVWM: FvwmIconMan: Can't set geometry

From: Rainer Koehler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:38:44 -0700

f kater@gmx net writes:

> I'd like to simply start my session with a FvwmIconMan on my screen.
> However, it appears always in the upper left corner. (It is not
> swallowed into FvwmButtons.) How do I place it elsewhere?

> Nothing of the following was successful (these values are just to test
> it):

> *FvwmIconMan: Geometry 100x100+50+50
> FvwmIconMan -geometry 100x100+50+50
> Style FvwmIconMan Geometry 100x100+50+50

You could try reading the manpage of FvwmIconMan or just search it for
"geometry".  I admit it's not very clear, but at least it tells you
that "Geometry" is not a valid option, while "buttongeometry" and
"managergeometry" are.

Of course, reading a manpage can be dangerous, because you might spend
hours trying all the fancy configurable things you discover in it :-)
So, to protect you from this danger, here are the relevant lines of my
config:

*FvwmIconMan*managergeometry	1x0+0+272
*FvwmIconMan*buttongeometry	193x0

Disclaimer: The syntax is obsolete, because I still use 2.2 at work,
and didn't bother to update the fvwm2rc on my laptop running 2.4.
I didn't want to tell you something I haven't tested myself.

Hope this helps,
Rainer
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].