Subject: FVWM: Restricted region for fvwm?

From: [email-masked] (Matthias Burghardt)
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 21:58:44 +0200

Hi,

is it possible to restrict the region, where FVWM places new windows and to 
which windows are maximised (in order to save some space at the borders for the 
GNOME panels)?

Thanks in advance

Matthias

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 21:51:42 +0000

On 26 Aug 2002 21:58:44 +0200, Matthias Burghardt wrote:
> which windows are maximised (in order to save some space at the borders for 
> the GNOME panels)?

Yes, in 2.5.x see the EWMHBaseStrut description in the man page.
But there maybe temporary problems with it when MinOverlapPlacement used.

I don't have the latest GNOME and KDE, but I would think their panels and
maybe other apps should have options for window managers to reserve them
the desktop space using EWMH hints. In this case EWMHBaseStrut is not
needed, since FVWM by default respects these hints.

Regards,
Mikhael.