Subject: FVWM: Strange Warning messages when starting Fvwm

From: Rahul Rekapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 18:57:45 +0530

Hi,
earlier I was using 2.4.6 about 4 months back. Then I migrated to the
devel series 2.5.x
Whenever I start FVWM, and then do Ctrl+Alt+F1 to go to the tty where I
ran the command 
$ startx
I get about ten warnings from Fvwm in the following format.

[FVWM][ewmh_HandleDesktop]: <<WARNING>> An Desktop application
<0xe00072> already run! This can cause problem

Please tell me how I can get rid of these messages.
thanks

Rgds
Rahul
-- 
---------------------------------------------------
		the bug stops here
---------------------------------------------------

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 16:56:50 +0200

> Please tell me how I can get rid of these messages.

This means that you have several applications running that claim
to manage the desktop real estate.  It's probably some application
like nautilus that manages the icons sticking on the desktop
background.  Most likely, this has happened by accident.  Find out
which applications are competing for the desktop and prevent one
of them from starting.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].