Subject: FVWM: Chromeless or Kiosk style windows in version 2.4.9

From: Andrew Morelock <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 01:10:44 -0500

I am currently building a kiosk environment that encompasses a touchscreen
interface.  FVWM will be running under GNOME.  I want to run my application
(mozilla1.0) completely chromeless and edge to edge onscreen.  No titles, no
menus no handles, nothing but dynamic browser content.

I have edited the file:
 /etc/X11/fvwm2/system.fvwm2rc and changed the following:

DeskTopSize 2X2 
to 
DeskTopSize 1X1

Style "*"           BorderWidth 7, HandleWidth 7
to 
Style "*"           BorderWidth 0, HandleWidth 0, notitle, nohandles

I am still getting window titles and an embossed dark grey bar that runs the
perimeter of my screen.  The  FAQ's on the FVWM  site read that under RedHat
i need to look for AnotherLevel or theNextLevel.  Neither of these two
programs have been installed on my system.  I have also tried copying
system.fvwm2rc into a new directory: /etc/X11/.fvwm2/ with no luck.

Does any one here have any experience running FVWM chromeless and
full-screen?

-thank you.

()()()()()()()()()
Andrew Morelock
OnBlur.org
612.804.9484
()()()()()()()()()

::::::::::::::::::
Andrew Morelock
i d e a n o v a
612.804.9484
::::::::::::::::::

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:22:01 +0200

> system.fvwm2rc into a new directory: /etc/X11/.fvwm2/ with no luck.

The configuration should be placed in $HOME/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc.  There
is a FAQ section regarding AnotherLevel too:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
3.1  I use FVWM on a RedHat Linux system and can't figure out how to
     change my FVWM configuration.  I've read the FVWM man page but when
     I edit my .fvwm2rc nothing seems to happen.  What's going on?

A: RedHat Linux installs the X server accompanied (by default) by a
   configuration management system.  In earlier releases it was called
   TheNextLevel and in more recent releases it's called AnotherLevel.
   For further information about TheNextLevel, consult RedHat's
   documentation in /usr/doc/TheNextLevel/.  For information about
   AnotherLevel, do a 'man AnotherLevel'.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

> Does any one here have any experience running FVWM chromeless and

Hope this helps

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, mail: [email-masked], phone: 0721/91374-382
Schlund + Partner AG, Erbprinzenstr. 4-12, D-76133 Karlsruhe
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].