Subject: RE: FVWM: Binding incr console to one key

From: "Ripalda-Marin, Miguel-Angel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:18:55 +0100

Hi,

the problem is that I don't have any usual PC-keyboard, I've got a home-made
keyboard with just few keys... I don't have and Alt, AltGr, Control, etc.
key (just Shift and Cpas Lock)... So I have my own map file for console (I
bind the keycode to Incr_Console)... so I tried to bind that key to
Next_Virtual_Screen within my xmodmap file for X, but I doesn't work... So I
am trying some workaround from FVWM.

Thank you very much for your help, Mikhael

Best regards,

Miguel Ángel

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Mikhael Goikhman [mailto:[email-masked]]
Enviado el: viernes 30 de agosto de 2002 4:07
Para: Ripalda-Marin, Miguel-Angel
Cc: FVWM
Asunto: Re: FVWM: Binding incr console to one key

On 29 Aug 2002 20:01:32 +0100, Ripalda-Marin, Miguel-Angel wrote:
> 
> I would like to know whether it is possible or not to bind one key of a
> customized keyboard to the feature of switching all the virtual screens of
> my system... I'm in a hurry and have got lost in the manual pages...

Do you want to disable Ctrl-Alt-F1 and similar keys to switch to virtual
consoles? If yes, this should be done in X, not FVWM.

Or do you want to simulate Ctrl-Alt-F1 with a different key?
It is possible by calling something like "sudo switchto 1".

When you are in virtual consoles, you may press Alt-Left, Alt-Right.
So, you may bind (after configuring sudo) Alt-Left to:

  Key Left A M Exec sudo switchto 6

Then Alt-Left will circulate between all VCs if this is what you want.
Anyway, this is not really related to FVWM.

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].