Subject: Fwd: Re: FVWM: Windows for java apps Don't Obey Placement

From: "Reuben D. Budiardja" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 11:57:47 -0400

I am forwarding your email to the list, see if others have the same problems 
or if anyone has a solution.

----------  Forwarded Message  ----------
> I only see this happens with java programs. I am not sure what causes this.
> I am using FVWM 2.4.8 compiled from source on Redhat Linux 7.3. Here is
> part of my rc files that specify window placement. Any help would greatly
> appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Now that you mention it, this happens to me too. I use a file sharing
program called Phex (phex.sourceforge.org) and it always appears spread
across my 2 dual monitors (but not completely filling them) whereas it
would appear on whichever contained my pointer if it were obeying FVWM.

Phex is the only program I've seen behave this way, and it's also the
only Java program that I use.

Is there a solution? It's not a big problem for me, just a minor irritation.

Andy
--
Real Men don't make backups. They upload it via ftp and let the world
mirror it. -- Linus Torvalds

-------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Gregg Dameron <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 10:59:40 -0600

One solution for the "top left corner out of view" problem is to use FvwmEvent
bound to a configure_window event.  The FvwmEvent's "Cmd" would be a function
that targets "AWTapp" or "VendorShell" windows and moves them right or down if
the window's x or y is less than a certain threshold (e.g., roughly the border
width or title height, respectively).

Gregg Dameron