Subject: FVWM: appearing/disappearing pager at press/release of some key

From: fiesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 20:31:41 +0200

hello,

since i use alt+cursor_keys for virtual desktop navigation, i wondered
if it is possible to have the FvwmPager appear/disappear on
press/release of the alt key.  yet my attempts didn't really work,
-transient only makes the pager disappear when pressing Alt_L (or
whatever key specified) again.  is there some way to make this work?
would be a nice feature, imo.

thanks in advance,

-- 
bye
        fiesh
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Ulrich Fahrenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 21:34:15 +0200 (MEST)

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, fiesh wrote:

> since i use alt+cursor_keys for virtual desktop navigation, i
> wondered if it is possible to have the FvwmPager appear/disappear
> on press/release of the alt key.  yet my attempts didn't really
> work, -transient only makes the pager disappear when pressing
> Alt_L (or whatever key specified) again.  is there some way to
> make this work? would be a nice feature, imo.

This is a FAQ, question 7.12. Instead of using what this answer says,
you might try the following:

AddToFunc TogglePager   "I" None (FvwmPager) Module FvwmPager * *
+                       "I" Next (FvwmPager) Close

Key     F1      A       C       TogglePager

As my pager is sticky and always on top, I don't need the other lines
(in the answer to Q7.12).

Regards,
Uli

-- 
Ulrich Fahrenberg -- http://www.math.auc.dk/~uli

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 02:16:10 +0000

> (in the answer to Q7.12).

(and since your pager is not CirculateSkip, otherwise you also need
CirculateHit.)

This does not solve the original request: to close transient pager on the
Alt release instead of the next Alt press. This is not currently possible.

Regards,
Mikhael.