Subject: FVWM: Xinerama on OSX

From: Victor Eijkhout <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 00:44:16 -0400

Trying to start up X after the latest fink update gives

dyld: /sw/bin/fvwm2 can't open library: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXinerama.1.dylib
(No such file or directory, errno = 2)

How do I get this library?

And I'm not even sure that this is the fatal error: the startup goes on

This is a pre-release version of XFree86, and is not supported in any
way.  Bugs may be reported to [email-masked] and patches submitted
to [email-masked].  Before reporting bugs in pre-release versions,
please check the latest version in the XFree86 CVS repository
(http://www.XFree86.Org/cvs)

XFree86 Version 4.1.99.1 / X Window System
(protocol Version 11, revision 0, vendor release 6510)
Release Date: xx June 2001
        If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your hardware is
        newer than the above date, look for a newer version before
        reporting problems.  (See http://www.XFree86.Org/FAQ)
Operating System: Darwin
QuartzAudioInit: AddIOProc returned 1852797029
Display mode: Rootless Quartz
No core keyboard

Fatal server error:
failed to initialize core devices
   OsVendorFatalError
   AbortDDX
Quitting XDarwin...

waiting for X server to shut down

-- 
Victor Eijkhout
865 974 9308 (W), 865 673 6998 (H), 865 974 8296 (F)
http://www.cs.utk.edu/~eijkhout/

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Victor Eijkhout <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 11:30:08 -0400

> (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

Apparently xinerama went into and out again of the OSX/fink version of
fvwmw. "fink rebuild fwm2" solved the problem, largely.

(I'm posting this just so that it goes into the archive.)

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 11:29:43 +0200

> waiting for X server to shut down

There are two fatal errors.  First, the X server didn't find a
keyboard and exited.  Second, fvwm was compiled with Xinerama
support, but the Xinerama library is not installed or not in the
library search path.  Fvwm shouldn't have been started by a dying
X server anyway.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].