Subject: FVWM: FvwmPager Transient display bug

From: Shao Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:43:11 +1000

Hi,

Sorry if this bug is already mentioned. I have the following key binding
in my fvwm config:

Key quoteleft   A       M     Module FvwmPager -transient 0 3 Warp

It worked fine in fvwm 2.4.*. In fvwm 2.5.2, only the first desktop is
shown correctly, for desktop 1, 2 and 3, no virtual screens are shown,
only a blank rectangle with the desktop title.

If my description is not clear enough, I can supply a screen shot.

Thanks.

Shao.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Rob 'Feztaa' Park" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 21:13:11 -0600

> If my description is not clear enough, I can supply a screen shot.

Yes, this is a known problem. FvwmPager is pretty much totally borked in
2.5.x ;)

But, if you don't use a transient pager, and you don't make it sticky,
switching desktops and switching back will make it render the other 3
desktops properly ;)

For now, do what I did: make your desktop bigger (more pages), and then
just use the one. If I remember correctly, it's fixed in CVS, though.

-- 
Rob 'Feztaa' Park
http://members.shaw.ca/feztaa/
--
Walk softly and carry a BFG-9000.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 21:18:01 +0000

> only a blank rectangle with the desktop title.

This problem is fixed in the latest snapshots and the fix will be included
in 2.4.9 and 2.5.3. It "worked" in 2.4.* just by an accident.

There are some other problems with FvwmPager in the current cvs, but
its initial drawing that you mention is correct now.

Regards,
Mikhael.