Subject: FVWM: Some problems

From: Remko Troncon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 11:41:42 +0200

Hi,

I am experiencing some problems with both FVWM 2.5.2 and the snapshot of
20020704. However, i'm not sure if these problems are due to fvwm or to
other apps.

First of all, when i add the line 
    "FontPath unix/:7101"
to my XFree config file (to be able to use my truetype fonts), and i try 
starting fvwm, i only get an hourglass, and nothing happens.
Removing the line, starting fvwm, and then using xset fp+ unix/:7101 to
use xfstt seems to work fine.

Another problem i am coping with, even with older versions of fvwm, can
be seen on http://spike.ulyssis.org/tmp/snap.png
When i move my mouse pointer quickly over the menu items, there seems to
be a 'refresh' problem, leaving some blue spots of my highlight
rectangle near the right arrows. The problem doesn't occur with XFree
3.3.6.

Does anyone know what might cause these problems ?

thanks,
Remko

PS: I run Debian (unstable) with XFree 4.1.0 and xfstt 1.2.1.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Remko Troncon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 13:06:01 +0200

> 20020704. However, i'm not sure if these problems are due to fvwm or to

Sorry about my last post, the errors i described don't occur in the
snapshot any more. I just loaded the wrong version.
Also, i should have used the bug tracking system instead of mailing it
here. Sorry about that.

cheers,
Remko