Subject: FVWM: changing focus with the pager

From: Bob Krovetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:50:24 -0400

I used to use fvwm and when I clicked on a window in the pager, it would not
only switch to the desktop in which that window appears, that window would
also get the focus.  I'm now using fvwm2, and when I do the same thing I
still switch to the desktop, but the focus does not change until I click
on that window.  Can anyone tell me what I need to do in order to have the
focus change when I click on a window in the pager?

Thanks,
Bob

[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 16:02:37 +0000

> focus change when I click on a window in the pager?

I think that currently the only way to achieve what you want is to click
on a mini window in the pager twice, once using the mouse button 1 and
then (without moving a pointer) using the mouse button 2.

Maybe sometimes clicks in the pager will be configurable.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: "Rob 'Feztaa' Park" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:21:42 -0600

> Maybe sometimes clicks in the pager will be configurable.

Or, he could turn on SloppyFocus for the pager, like this:

*FvwmPager: SloppyFocus

Then, whatever window is under the mouse in the pager will become
focused. Clicking to another desktop would take him there, and the
window he clicked on would be focused. That might be more what he wants,
no? ;)

-- 
Rob 'Feztaa' Park
http://members.shaw.ca/feztaa/
--
"If you took everyone who's ever been to a Dead
 show, and lined them up, they'd stretch halfway to
 the moon and back... and none of them would be
 complaining."
-- a local Deadhead in the Seattle Times
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].