Subject: FVWM: FvwmIconMan: Button's styles

From: Felix Kater <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 01:05:13 +0200

Hello,

I am making experiments with FvwmIconMan to simulate a taskbar (this is
due to certain problems I have with FvwmTaskBar). FvwmIconMan is
swallowed into FvwmButton and displays all TaskBar buttons in a
horizonal row.

Can I somehow change the border style of these buttons? Neither 'flat'
nor 'up'/'down' fit the rest of my desktop theme. Can I use pixmaps
somehow for the different states of the buttons? I wonder how this works
since the button's widths can change.

I also don't find a way to avoid these small extra "button" drawn on top
of the normal IconMan's buttons when a window is minimized. Is this made
as a substitute for missing icons? Can I switch that off?

Thank you for any hint!

Felix

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:41:35 +0200

> as a substitute for missing icons? Can I switch that off?

Try the colorset options and define the appropriate colour sets
with FvwmTheme.  I'm not sure if pixmaps in the buttons are
implemented, but it's worth a try:

  *FvwmThemeColorset 2 fg red, bg green
  *FvwmThemeColorset 6 fg blue, bg yellow, pixmap ...
  # run FvwmTheme before anything else is done
  ModuleSynchronous Timeout 5 FvwmTheme

  *FvwmIconMan*Colorset 6
  *FvwmIconMan*FocusColorset 2
  *FvwmIconMan*FocusAndSelectColorset 2
  *FvwmIconMan*PlainColorset 6
  *FvwmIconMan*SelectColorset 6
  *FvwmIconMan*TitleColorset 6

See "man FvwmTheme" for details.

Note:  In the 2.5.x versions, FvwmTheme is obsolete.  Just replace
"*FvwmThemeColorset ..." with "Colorset ..." and remove the line
starting the module.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, mail: [email-masked], phone: 0721/91374-382
Schlund + Partner AG, Erbprinzenstr. 4-12, D-76133 Karlsruhe
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 18:58:50 +0000

> since the button's widths can change.

You didn't say what is "the rest of your desktop theme", but FvwmIconMan
supports 2 more button border styles than the 3 you listed: raisededge
and sunkedge, both are quite interesting.

You may use flat borders and colorset Pixmap, but this probably will not
do what you want, since you want to provide your own borders.

Currently all FvwmIconMan *colorset options do not control the background
of a single button, but of the whole manager window. The colorset image is
resized to the initial size of FvwmIconMan (and is not changed when you
resize FvwmIconMan), if you use flat borders all buttons behave like
holes that bare parts of the whole images (one for each button class).

Or, since the vertical button size in FvwmIconMan is not changed unlike
the horizontal size, you may use TiledPixmap in the colorset to define
horizontal borders if you can live without vertical borders.

> as a substitute for missing icons? Can I switch that off?

I think you can't switch them off currently. The only alternative is to
define MiniIcon for a represented window.

Regards,
Mikhael.