Subject: FVWM: multiple screens + window dragging oddity

From: "Michel, Philipp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 17:36:49 +0100

Hello all,

I just installed FVWM 2.4.8 (compiled from source) on a Solaris 8 box with 2
screens attached to it. Even though the Xserver supports xinerama, I am
trying to configure fvwm to run nicely on similar 2 screen boxes with
solaris 2.6 (no xinerama support). As expected, fvwm2 loads up separate
instances on both screens and I can move the mouse pointer between them.
Now, if I try to drag an xterm window from the (physical) screen on my left
to the (physical) screen on my right, the window outline pops back in to the
same left physical screen, from the left border. It's as if the window
"wraps around". At the same time, however, the mouse pointer changes to the
physical screen on my right and continues going that way. I hence move the
window outline on the left screen while the pointer is on the right screen.
Is there any way I can force the window AND pointer to just stop at the
right hand edge of the left screen when dragging while still having the
pointer go from desktop to desktop when it is moved on its own?
I have a binary of fvwm 2.2.4 which does just that, even when executed with
the same .fvwm2rc file.
Are there any compile time options I could enable?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Philipp

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:25:26 +0200

> Are there any compile time options I could enable?

In releases prior to 2.5.x, fvwm's behaviour is mostly random when
the pointer is not on the managed screen.  I have just committed a
patch that should restore the old behaviour in the 2.5 branch.
Could you please try out the next snapshot (tomorrow) or fetch the
sources from CVS and try it out?  I can't test this myself right
now.  If it works, the same patch will be part of the 2.4.9
release.  Could you please also test what happens when you do the
same, but resize the window instead.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, mail: [email-masked], phone: 0721/91374-382
Schlund + Partner AG, Erbprinzenstr. 4-12, D-76133 Karlsruhe
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].