Subject: FVWM: Fvwm 2.5.2 + Solaris9 + Forte Developer 7

From: Tomi Vainio - Sun Finland - <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 17:17:07 +0300

Does anyone use other compilers than gcc to compile fvwm?  Sun Forte C
fails with two fatal errors and gives lot of warnings.

First one is use of __attribute__ so I stole old #define
__attribute__(x) from 2.4.8 sources.  Second problem is char
*gbk_0[0]= {"GBK", NULL}; in libs/FlocaleCharset.c

  Tomppa
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Gordon Prieur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 08:41:49 -0700

Hi,

     Even though I'm on the same floor as Sun's compiler group I still
used gcc to compile fvwm. Our compiler group has tried to be compatible
with gcc in later releases (even to the extent of ignoring obvious
errors like the one below :-) so they will probably want to take a
look at this. I've forwarded your email to them and I'll let you know
what they say.

Gordon Prieur

---

From: Gregg Dameron <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:39:57 -0600

We use Sun Forte C.  2.4.7 was the last version I compiled.  acc seemed
to struggle with glib's inline, but I could get through the compile by
setting:

CC="acc -DG_INLINE_FUNC=extern"

before running "configure."  Hope this helps.

Gregg Dameron

---

From: Gordon Prieur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:21:30 -0700

> CC="acc -DG_INLINE_FUNC=extern"

But acc isn't part of Sun Forte C so its not clear from the above
that you WERE using Sun's compiler. What is acc?

Gordon