Subject: FVWM: FvwmButtons 'hangon'

From: Remko Troncon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 15:56:45 +0200

Hi there,

I would like to create a panel for X-Chat using FvwmButtons, but i seem
to have some problems. When X-chat is started, it gets the title
    "X-Chat [1.8.9]: my_nick @ irc.myserver.org / #mychannel"
So, i define a panel
    *FvwmButtons: (Icon mini.xchat.xpm, \
                    Panel(position top,right,delay 0,UseOld,NoClose) \
                    "X-Chat*" Nop)
However, X-chat doesnt seem to hang itself on the button. The wildcard
should be correct, because
    Style "X-Chat*" NoTitle
removes the title from the X-Chat window. Is there a solution to this
problem ?

A second problem i have with the FvwmButtons module is the following: i
define a button just identical to the one above (i.e. with UseOld and 
NoClose). When i restart FVWM with the application of the button visible, 
everything is ok: i can still click the button to show/hide the application. 
But, after i restart FVWM when the application is in the hidden state, 
clicking the button doesnt do anything. The application is still running 
however, but i can't get a hold of it anymore. Is this normal ?

Thanks a lot,
Remko
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 01:33:52 +0200

On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 03:56:45PM +0200, Remko Troncon wrote:
> removes the title from the X-Chat window.  Is there a solution
> to this problem ?

Sure.  FvwmButtons does not allow wildcards at the moment (expect
that to change once I finish answering my email), so you have to
specify the window title exactly.  Fortunately, you can also use
the window's resource ("xchat") or class ("Xchat"):

  *FvwmButtons: (Panel (...) "xchat" Nop)

> however, but i can't get a hold of it anymore. Is this normal ?

I guess you found a bug here.  FvwmButtons forgets to spit out the
panel when it dies.  This will be fixed in the 2.4.9 stable
release and the 2.5.3 development release (and in tomorrow's CVS
snapshot).

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].