Subject: FVWM: Iconify and non working keybindings.

From: Jan Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 22:09:45 +0200

Hello,

I am using fvwm 2.2.5 on OpenBSD 3.1/sparc64, I can upgrade this
system but I would love to have my config working with 2.2.5 as I
have other systems that won`t be upgraded.

When I use the KeyI function to iconize my windows three out of
four times my keybindings stop working until hit mouse key 1.

Am I doing something universally stupid or is this a known
problem that one can`t fix.

(Full config at http://www.isk.kth.se/~janj/fvwm2rc.m4).

--- Part of fvwm2rc.m4 ---

AddToFunc KeyI  "I" Iconify
+               "I" Next (CurrentPage !Iconic) Focus
+               "I" Current Raise

AddToFunc KeyL  "I" SendToModule FvwmIconMan SendCommand "Iconify 1"
+               "I" Next (CurrentPage !Iconic) Focus
+               "I" Current Raise

Key H   A   SC  SendToModule FvwmIconMan SendCommand "Focus", SendCommand "Iconify -1", SendCommand "Raise"
Key I   A   SC  KeyI
Key J   A   SC  SendToModule FvwmIconMan bif select 3, GotoButton 0, Select, Ret, GotoButton Down, Select
Key K   A   SC  SendToModule FvwmIconMan bif select 3, GotoButton 0, Select, Ret, GotoButton Up, Select
Key L   A   SC  KeyL

Key Tab     A   M   Next (CurrentPage !Iconic) Focus
Key Tab     A   C   KeyCtrlTab

--- End fvw2mrc.m4 ---

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 16:29:24 +0000

> +               "I" Next (CurrentPage !Iconic) Focus

Well, Iconify in this binding only works if there is the focussed window.
If there is no such window, you are prompted to select one.

Try this one to avoid prompting:

  Key I   A   SC  Current KeyI

I don't think you may iconify a window that has a pointer if it is not
focused in 2.2.5, PointerKey was introduced in 2.3.12 only.

Does this info help?

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Jan Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 19:23:06 +0200

On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 04:29:24PM +0000, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
>Well, Iconify in this binding only works if there is the
>focussed window.  If there is no such window, you are prompted
>to select one.

Sorry. I was not clear enough. It is after I iconify the last
window that my key bindings stop working.

---

From: Jan Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 10:24:05 +0200

>four times my keybindings stop working until hit mouse key 1.

To follow up on my own post.

I have now tried the following.
fvwm 2.4.6 on Solaris 8 / sparc. Ok.
fvwm 2.2.5 on OpenBSD 3.1 / i386. Not ok.
fvwm 2.4.5 on OpenBSD 3.1 / i386. Ok.

This make me beleive that it is a bug in the 2.2.5 version of
fvwm.

I will keep my fvwmrc 2.2.5 compatible and upgrade where
possible.

Sorry for wasting your time.