Subject: FVWM: Xft aa?

From: Mattias Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 01:28:48 +0200

Dear FVWM:ers!
Time to stop beeing a lurker on this list!
Am I the only one getting the CVS version to
work on a Mac? :)

I can't find a solution to get the --enable-xft aa
make it through the configure process.
And the freetype configs is not working fore me.
(Those about links here and there).
I have FT 2.1.0 build and installed.

Thank you

Mattias Andersson, Falun Sweden
http://213.65.148.69

--
LinuxPPC developer
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 03:59:37 +0000

> I have FT 2.1.0 build and installed.

What status message do you get in "With Xft aa font support?".

What compilation errors do you see in config.log?

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 06:23:07 +0200

> Dear FVWM:ers!

Hello,

> Am I the only one getting the CVS version to

First, I know nothing about MAC OS X
 
> I have FT 2.1.0 build and installed.

So you have the following message at the end of the configure
script:

With Xft aa font support?   no: Failed to detect freetype2 ...

may be you can help the config script with the --with-ft-prefix=PFX
and  --with-ft-exec-prefix=PFX options. Do you have other messages
during configure about FreeType 2? As I used only a 2.0.x FreeType
version there is may be a pb in the configure script. I will check.
 
Any way, the aa support used the Xft library which is specific to
XFree-4.x. I do not know if MAC OS X X server has such a library.
However, recently Keith Packard has released independent package for
Xft2, fontconfig and XRender (http://keithp.com/fonts).
Maybe these packages can be used with MAC OS X (I am bit sceptical,
but I know nothing about the internal of these libs). You may
ask such a question to the render mailing list: [email-masked]
(search Xft2 with  xfree86.org as domain in the Google advanced
search engine for the archive).

Regards, Olivier

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 08:30:02 +0200

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 06:23:07AM +0200, Olivier Chapuis wrote:
> and  --with-ft-exec-prefix=PFX options. 

There is an error in ./configure --help the correct options are
--with-freetype-prefix and --with-freetype-exec-prefix

I just installed FreeType 2.1.0, I get no pbs for the detection.
Olivier