Subject: RE: FVWM: [feature request] Double inset

From: "Riswick, J.G.A. van" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 00:54:23 +0200

HI!

(wow still working late..)

Yes I guess you are right, maybe I should look at the 
gtk-theme engine for doing this instead...

About the border handles, in cde, normal windows have them,
but popup dialogs don't. The image I referred to in my mail
was a screenshot (edited) from a cde session. Is there a way in fvwm
to give popup dialogs a different decoration?

regards

jos

-----Original Message-----
From: Mikhael Goikhman

It is a function of a client window to draw the main area raised,
lowered
or flat. Only client knows which shadow and higlight colors to use
(based
on the background), FVWM has no any idea which colors to use for the
"raised client" effect.

Also a menu may be drawn even more "raised" by a toolkit.

  http://www.plig.org/xwinman/screenshots/dtwm-lally.gif

BTW, why don't you use border handles, real CDE has them. :)

Regards,
Mikhael.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 23:10:34 +0000

> to give popup dialogs a different decoration?

If you have Style * MwmFunctions (as opposite to NoFuncHint), windows
with the no-resize hint are automatically drawn without handles (like
with NoHandles).

Regards,
Mikhael.