Subject: FVWM: [feature request] Double inset

From: "Riswick, J.G.A. van" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 23:39:41 +0200

HI!

I've been tweaking my fvwm setup and have been looking
quite a lot at cde/motif. One thing I saw in that setup
is a 'double inset' around the inner rim of the window
border. With the current mwm border style, the client area
of the window appears sunken relative to the title bar and
window border. When a second inset, with reversed colors is
displayed, the client area appears on the same level as the 
title bar, ie 'raised'. This looks really good for 
dialogs and other windows containing gui elements. Please
compare the two dialogs in the image below, one without
double inset, one with double inset:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvanr/inset.png

Maybe this would be a nice and not too difficult feature 
to implement some time.

best regards

jos
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 22:11:02 +0000

> Maybe this would be a nice and not too difficult feature 

It is a function of a client window to draw the main area raised, lowered
or flat. Only client knows which shadow and higlight colors to use (based
on the background), FVWM has no any idea which colors to use for the
"raised client" effect.

Also a menu may be drawn even more "raised" by a toolkit.

  http://www.plig.org/xwinman/screenshots/dtwm-lally.gif

BTW, why don't you use border handles, real CDE has them. :)

Regards,
Mikhael.