Subject: FVWM: FvwmButtons: shade and wait for application to be launched

From: Sergio Nasi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 11:18:11 +0200

Hi all,
I'd like to configure a vertical side instance of FvwmButtons on my
desktop as an application launcher: but I'd like furthermore to have the
launching icons working as follows:

1) Double click (and not only single click) to run the application
2) Icons become shaded after clicking to wait for the application to pop up
3) When application pops up, reset icon to its pristine state

Is there a way to implement that?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help

Sergio
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 12:16:56 +0200

> 1) Double click (and not only single click) to run the application

FvwmBUttons doesn't know about double clicks.  I can't think of a
good way for this.  Sorry.

> 3) When application pops up, reset icon to its pristine state

FvwmButtons already has a similar functionality.  The button is
drawn pressed in instead of shaded, though.  It works like this:

  *FvwmButtons: (Action Exec "xload" xload)

The button stays pressed in until a window with the name xload
appears (the string in double quotes).  The rest of the line is
the command that is executed.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Sergio Nasi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 01:07:21 +0200

Hi Dominik and thanks for answering.
I can live without the double click feature, but I cannot exactly figure
out what you mean by saying that FvwmButtons stay pressed while the
application is waiting to load.

I have a couple of FvwmButtons bars on my desktop and all the buttons
within them are associated with application icons (background is transparent
so that icons appear to be lined up directly on desktop): for example I
have xterm, gvim, konqueror, opera (and so forth) pixmaps grouped within a
vertical FvwmButtons bar I use to launch the corresponding applications.

I cannot see any change in those icons when I start each application.

Does the FvwmButtons feature you were referring to apply to buttons with
application icons?

Do I need to provide a "pressed down" version of those icons?

Thanks a lot

Sergio

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 01:23:05 +0200 (CEST)

> Do I need to provide a "pressed down" version of those icons?

It's the relief of the button (ie. the border around it) that appears
pressed down.
So if you have a transparent FvwmButtons bar, it wont look pressed in as
far as I know. I couldn't find a way to specify more than one icon for a
button.