Subject: FVWM: Newbie Question - No window functionality

From: "Mike Bourassa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:03:20 -0400

Hi there.  I just installed Cygwin on my Win98/PIII and after using twm
decided to try fvwm2 (version fvwm 2.4.7).  I am able to launch apps and
even configured the appearance of xterm windows.  But ... contrary to
the man pages ... my windows don't have all the mouse button
functionality.  Pressing mouse button 1 (left-most?) is fine.  Pressing
button 2 (right-most) does nothing i.e. there is no "list of extended
window options".  I looked at fvwm-config and nothing seemed to address
the issue.  Any ideas what I did wrong?  Thanks.

Mike

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:57:00 +0000

> the issue.  Any ideas what I did wrong?  Thanks.

What is your configuration for titlebar buttons?

Try this configuration for example:

  Style "*" Button 1, Button 2, Button 4, Button 6
  Style "*" NoButton 3, NoButton 5, NoButton 7
  Style "*" NoButton 8, NoButton 9, NoButton 0

  Style "*" MWMButtons  # button relief follows the state

  ButtonStyle 1 Vector 5 25x40@1 25x60@1 75x60@0 75x40@0 25x40@1
  ButtonStyle 2 Vector 16 20x20@1 30x20@1 50x40@1 70x20@1 80x20@1 80x30@0 60x50@0 80x80@0 70x80@0 50x60@0 30x80@0 20x80@0 20x70@0 40x50@1 20x30@0 20x20@1
  ButtonStyle 4 Vector 4 50x25@1 75x75@0 25x75@0 50x25@1
  ButtonStyle 6 Vector 4 50x75@1 25x25@1 75x25@1 50x75@0

  ButtonStyle 1 - Clear MWMDecorMenu
  ButtonStyle 2 - Clear
  ButtonStyle 4 - Clear MWMDecorMax
  ButtonStyle 6 - Clear MWMDecorMin

  TitleStyle Height 20

  Mouse 0         1       A       Menu MenuFvwmRoot Delete
  Mouse 0         2       A       Close
  Mouse 1         4       A       Maximize 100 100
  Mouse 2         4       A       Maximize   0 100
  Mouse 3         4       A       Maximize 100   0
  Mouse 1         4       S       Maximize grow grow
  Mouse 2         4       S       Maximize    0 grow
  Mouse 3         4       S       Maximize grow    0
  Mouse 0         6       A       Iconify

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 14:16:08 +0000

On 27 Jun 2002 09:57:44 -0400, Mike Bourassa wrote:
> 
> Thanks very much for the quick reply!  I'm not sure though where the
> info you provided should go.

It should go to the file ~/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc. You said you installed fvwm
yourself on Cygwin, so you don't have a system wide configuration.
But then you said you were able to configure your xterm and have
several titlebar buttons. Did you use "Setup Script 95" or "Setup Form"
on the first start? If yes, you have some files in ~/.fvwm that are
included from .fvwm2rc file, change either .fvwm2rc or these files.

> Does it go in my fvwm-config file and if so is there a particular place
> or format?

fvwm-config only gives you information of what and where you installed.

> Is there a man page for the config file?

Yes, "man fvwm2".

Regards,
Mikhael.