Subject: FVWM: Getting rid of icons from desktop?

From: Andrew Nesbit <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 23:38:56 +1000

Hi, I was just wondering if it is possible to configure fvwm in such a
way that when I iconify an app, I /don't/ actually get an icon on the
desktop, but I am able to access the iconified apps via a menu?

TIA.

Andrew.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 09:47:57 -0400

> desktop, but I am able to access the iconified apps via a menu?

To suppress icons:

Style * NoIcon

You can still access apps using Alt-tab (Windowlist),
FvwmIconMan, FvwmIconBox, FvwmTaskBar.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214      Phone: (732) 699-5570
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andrew Nesbit <[email-masked]>
Date: 09 May 2002 15:06:58 +1000

> FvwmIconMan, FvwmIconBox, FvwmTaskBar.

Thanks Dan, that's just what I needed.

_Andrew