Subject: FVWM: RE Shadow text

From: "Riswick, J.G.A. van" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 13:56:46 +0200

HI

I just found in the mail archive how to make text shadowed.
It looks great! As for calculating the color, in my setup 
I use the 'selection' color from the motif color calculations.
This one is a bit lighter than the 'shadow' color. 

A problem with drawing a shadow behind text, is that it only 
looks good when the shadow can be made darker than the color 
of the actual text. Eg if the text color is black, the fgsh
maybe should be set to the background color so that effectively
no shadow appears. Otherwise, one gets an ugly doubely drawn
text, in almost the same color. 

Furthermore, I also tried to use the feature in the pager, for 
the desklabels. (Like is done in CDE) This hoever, doesn't seem
to work (yet?).

best regards 

jos
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 12:21:24 +0000

> text, in almost the same color. 

Well, if you read the thread fully, I suggested an algorithm that gives
a non-ugly shadow color, including the black text case.

> the desklabels. (Like is done in CDE) This hoever, doesn't seem

What exactly does not work for you? Try "DesktopName 0 new-name" in
FvwmConsole and you should see a new name appearing in a pager.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 21:35:02 +0200

> the desklabels. (Like is done in CDE) This hoever, doesn't seem

At present time the feature is only implemented in fvwm, FvwmIdent
and FvwmTaskBar. It will be present in all modules (but FvwmGtk and
maybe FvwmWharf) in a few days.

Regards, Olivier