Subject: FVWM: FvwmButtons bug

From: "David A. Rogers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 16:04:52 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

Is this the right place to report a bug?

I'm running fvwm 2.4.6 on Debian (testing/Woody).

Given the following entries:

*FvwmButtons: Geometry +0-0
*FvwmButtons: ButtonGeometry 32x32

I would expect to get buttons sized 32x32 and the button bar to be in the
lower left corner.  This does not happen.  The button bar is in the upper
left corner.  I have to change ButtonGeometry to

*FvwmButtons: ButtonGeometry 32x32+0-0

to get the buttons in the lower left corner.  From the documentation, I would
have expected this.

dar

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 21:40:03 +0000

On 01 May 2002 16:04:52 -0500, David A. Rogers wrote:
> to get the buttons in the lower left corner.  From the documentation, I
> would have expected this.

I am not sure this is bug. ButtonGeometry, if specified, fully overwrites
Geometry, and 32x32 is considered to be 32x32+0+0.

The documentation says a standard X11 window geometry should be specified
for both options, it does not say that part of the geometry is taken from
Geometry option and part from ButtonGeometry option.

Regards,
Mikhael.