Subject: FVWM: How to change the pixmap displayed in a button with FvwmButtons?

From: Francis Litterio <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 15:31:33 -0400

I'm using FVWM 2.5.1, and I need a way to change the pixmap displayed on
one of the buttons in FvwmButtons.  I suppose I can do:

	DestroyModuleConfig FvwmButtons*

and then rebuild the FvwmButtons configuration from scratch, and then do

	KillModule FvwmButtons
	Module FvwmButtons

But that seems excessive (not to mention likely to be visually
disturbing).

Does anyone know of a mechanism to change button pixmaps on the fly
within FvwmButtons?
--
Francis Litterio
[email-masked]
http://world.std.com/~franl/
PGP public keys available on keyservers.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Alex Wallis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 06:15:34 +0930

> Does anyone know of a mechanism to change button pixmaps on the fly

I do exactly that in my modified awol theme for fvwm-themes but it's a
little complicated. You can grab my theme for an example from
http://awol.dyn.mpis.net/fvwm/testing/ft-modified-awol-0.6.x.tar.gz and
look at the awol/modules/main file therein and the section marked
"Modules menu functions". 
What it does is popup a different menu depending on which pixmap is
displayed, and a right click pops up a menu to change the pixmaps. It
needs to kill the FvwmButtons and start it again with the new pixmap,
but hey... It works for me!  :)

Alex

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 21:17:12 +0000

> Does anyone know of a mechanism to change button pixmaps on the fly

Well, in fvwm-2.5.1 it is possible, but not documented yet:

  SendToModule FvwmButtons Title <button-num> <new-title>

Numbering of <button-num> starts from 0. It also may be in +x+y form.
The syntax may be changed later. I would use a bit different syntax:

  SendToModule FvwmButtons Change <button-num> Title <new-title>

Because this syntax would be open for "Add" and "Delete" messages too.

You may dynamically change "Icon" too, just like "Title".

Regards,
Mikhael.