Subject: FVWM: Fvwm::Module vs Fvwm::Module::Gtk

From: "Riswick, J.G.A. van" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 01:24:12 +0200

HI

My fvwm module for configuring fvwm is getting along well, and 
I decided to add a gtk dialox box for browsing a color-schemes
directory. After an evening of programming, (and missing wagner's
'parsifal' in cologne, which I wanted to visit, but forgot), I
got a dialog box working to select a color scheme. Unfortunately, 
when acually calling the function to update the colors, this turned
out not to work anymore. 

Initially, in the program (without gtk box) i used the definition:

    $module = new FVWM::Module(
           Mask => (M_STRING|M_NEW_DESK),
           SyncMask => M_STRING,     # needed to process message
synchronously
           Name => "FvwmCDEmu",  # needed for *MyMenuCreator: config value
    );

in this program, communication between fvwm and the module worked fine,
(using module->sendText() in the handler for M_STRING. 
the colors updated as they should. To add a gtk dialog box, I replaced
this definition by the following:

    my $module = new FVWM::Module::Gtk(
            Mask => M_WINDOW_NAME | M_ERROR | M_STRING | M_NEW_DESK,
            SyncMask => M_STRING,     # needed to process message
synchronously
            Name => "FvwmCDEmu",
    );

now, the dialogbox appeared as it should, but communication doesn't seem 
to work anymore. Should it in principle be possible to use such a
declaration for a gtk module? 

best regards

jos

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 23:53:18 +0000

> declaration for a gtk module? 

Did you run module-gtkwinlist from examples? Run it using the full path in
FvwmConsole. This opens a GTK dialog that shows a dynamical list of all
windows and several operations to be performed on the selected windows.

Send me your module if you still have problems and I will take a look.

Regards,
Mikhael.