Subject: FVWM: FVWM 2.4.X/2.5.X on HPUX

From: TKB Sebastian Henkel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 08:36:33 +0200

Hi,

I have compiled FVWM on my HPUX 10.20 workstation with the gcc
compiler. It works but starts up with two nasty white lines across the
screen. It seems they some sort of limit, because the icon box for the
virtual desktops is orientating itself along those lines. 

The lines are about 3 quarters across the screen from the left and a
quarter of the screen above the lower screen boundary.

Can someone give me a hint what the reason might be?

Best regards,

Sebastian
-- 
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 09:01:55 +0200

> Can someone give me a hint what the reason might be?

Yes, you compile fvwm with --enable-xinerama-emulation as option
to ./configure. You must not, this option is for developers only
for testing.

Olivier

---

From: TKB Sebastian Henkel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 10:47:42 +0200

Thanks a lot Olivier. 

Your suggestion did the trick. The only
interesting thing is the configure script actually found no
libxinerama and therefore I believed it wouldn't use it. But it must
have. After disabling xinerama with the --disable flag it worked fine.

Best regards,

Sebastian

-- 

Dipl.-Ing. Sebastian Henkel, Naval Architect, TKB Basic Design

Tel.  : +49 461 4940-508    FLENSBURGER SCHIFFBAU-GESELLSCHAFT mbH & Co. KG
Fax   : +49 461 4940-217    Batteriestrasse 52,  D-24939 Flensburg, Germany
E-Mail: [email-masked]  http://www.fsg-ship.de

The Information contained in this  E-Mail and any subsequent correspondence
is private and is intended solely for the intended recipient(s).
For those  other than the recipient any  disclosure, copying, distribution, 
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in  reliance on such information
is prohibited and may be unlawful.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 12:13:06 +0200

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 10:47:42AM +0200, TKB Sebastian Henkel wrote:
> have.

No, it's called 'emulation' because it's intended for developers
without a Xinerama system.  The white lines mark the boundaries of
the emulated screens.

> After disabling xinerama with the --disable flag it worked fine.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].