Subject: Re: FVWM: Alt-tab

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 12:45:15 +0000

On 26 Apr 2002 20:31:03 +0000, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> 
> On 26 Apr 2002 06:20:08 +0200, Stian Sletner wrote:
> > 
> > Also, another (more simple) question.  Can I make the WindowList local
> > to the "page"?  It looks to me like I can't, but perhaps local to the
> > "desk" (in which case I could make alot of desks, and only have one page
> > per desk, to mimic what I want?)  And if so, how can I make sure that
> > the last active window in a page gets selected as I change to it (the
> > page)?
> 
> WindowList only works with desks now. This is probably due to the fact
> that (non-sticky) windows may occupy several pages, but only one desk.
> But there is nothing that prevents adding CurrentPage option to WindowList.

I forgot here that we already have CurrentPage condition (in brackets),
so CurrentPage option is not needed.

> If you want more "that other GUI" feel, don't use pages, use desktops of
> one page only (DesktopSize 1x1) and then use "WindowList CurrentDesk".

Here we have both CurrentDesk condition and option. I think the option is
here for historical reasons only, because all these lines are equivalent:

  WindowList CurrentDesk
  WindowList (CurrentDesk)
  WindowList (CurrentDesk) CurrentDesk

There is currently a mix between options and conditions. Options
  CurrentDesk, Desk d, Layer m [n], NoIcons/Icons/OnlyIcons,
  NoNormal/Normal/OnlyNormal, NoSticky/Sticky/OnlySticky,
  NoOnTop/OnTop/OnlyOnTop, NoOnBottom/OnBottom/OnlyOnBottom
could all be removed, we either already have corresponding window
conditions or such conditions may be added, like Desk and Layer.

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].