Subject: RE: FVWM: tearoff menus and scroll-bars

From: "Riswick, J.G.A. van" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 14:06:49 +0200

HI

Ok, maybe, for menus displaying the contents of a directory, 
it is better anyway to not use a menu, but a FvwmScript displaying
a file browser instead..

best regards

jos

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominik Vogt
To: Riswick, J.G.A. van; fvwm
Sent: 5/21/2002 11:37 AM
Subject: Re: FVWM: tearoff menus and scroll-bars

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 03:35:03PM +0200, Riswick, J.G.A. van wrote:
> HI
> 
> A problem with this
> however, arises when the number of entries in the menu gets large.
> One then gets a 'more' entry on the bottom of the menu. I wondered
> if it is possible to use scrollbars in this case, instead of the
'more'
> menu at the bottom, so that one can scroll through all menu items.

All you can do right now is to tear out the first half of the
menu, then enter the "More..." sub menu and tear it out too.  One
day I will implement better ways of displaying long menus.  When
that happens, tear off menus will benefit from the new feature(s)
along with normal menus.

>  I tried FvwmScroll, but that doesn't work: the menu entries dissapear
> as soon as I applied FvwmScroll to the torn of menu window. Is there
> a way to apply scroll-bars to a torn of menu that has too many items
> to display at once?

Not at the moment.  When the tear off menu is unmapped, fvwm
destroys it immediately.  Tear off menus can not be swallowed in
FvwmButtons either.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].