Subject: FVWM: SloppyFocus and windows not taking focus.

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 00:02:02 +0200 (CEST)

With sloppy focus some windows doesn't take focus (like xclock).
By turning on Style * Lenience this is overriden, but not for fvwm
tear-off menus.
I know most people prefer not to have windows that you don't type in
"steal" focus, but I prefer to have them change to focused so I can
easier see where my pointer is.
Is there a way to get all windows accept focus?

//Marcus 

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Perry Hutchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 15:19:42 -0700 (PDT)

> easier see where my pointer is.

It seems like several times a day I have trouble figuring out where
the pointer has ended up, even when it's in a focused window.  It
would be really useful to have a button somewhere -- maybe one of
the otherwise-unused "window" or "menu" keys that sit between Ctrl
and Alt on newer keyboards -- which would cause the cursor to turn
into a big flashing blob for a couple of seconds.  Of course, I
have no idea how (or if) this could be done.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 22:21:21 +0000

> Is there a way to get all windows accept focus?

The way to make a decoration look focussed is like you said:

  Style fvwm_menu SloppyFocus, Lenience

But currently there is a problem with tear-off menus. Sometimes they are
drawn focused (Iconify, Deiconify or WindowShade), but usually are not.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 22:31:28 +0000

> have no idea how (or if) this could be done.

Something like this:

  Key Super_L A A Exec xmessage -name "SmallBlob" -bg red -fg white -nearmouse -timeout 1 'I am here!'
  Style SmallBlob UsePPosition, NoTitle, NoHandles, BorderWidth 10

Try it, it's nice. :)

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:44:31 +0200

> drawn focused (Iconify, Deiconify or WindowShade), but usually are not.

There is no way to make tear off menus behave like other
applications regarding focus.  All I can do is hack something in
so that menus get a 'focused' decoration when the pointer enters
them.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].