Subject: FVWM: problems with iconman

From: Jesse L Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 16:39:05 -0500

hello,

i am using fvwm 2.4.5 and am having a problem with the FvwmIconMan.  for 
some reason, after a seemingly random amount of time, the icon manager 
seems to stop responding to mouse clicks.  i have no valid proof of this, 
but a friend who uses the same config as i do claims that it stops 
responding after multiple netscape's have been initiated.

to reiterate, the problem with the iconman seems only to be in responding 
to mouse clicks.  it does respond to mouseover (highlighting), and also 
gets the bevel look when i press it.  i've tried mouse clicks with all 
three buttons, still no response.

thanks in advance,
-jlf

-- 
   "To live forever, or die in the attempt."

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 21:54:24 +0000

> three buttons, still no response.

It should be the same problem that is asked in the FAQ question #0.0.
It stops to work when, say, NumLock is pressed.

Either do what the FAQ suggests or replace the line similar to:

  *FvwmIconMan: *action  Mouse 2  N  sendcommand "Iconify"

with this one:

  *FvwmIconMan: *action  Mouse 2  A  sendcommand "Iconify"

"N" means no modifiers, "A" - any modifier.

Regards,
Mikhael.