Subject: RE: Re[2]: FVWM: Amiga->FVWM2 (fvwm3?)

From: "Riswick, J.G.A. van" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:54:14 +0200

mmm are there any plans for fvwm3 yet?

jos

-----Original Message-----
From: cr0acker2
To: Dan Espen
Cc: [email-masked]

DE> The borders are of unequal width, I don't think Fvwm can
DE> do that.
Ok i you probably saw a shot of what i had achived with border and
colors. An if FVWM2 can not do it we will see what FvWM3 will
do))))))))

DE> The resize handle looks like a little pixmap in the lower right
DE> corner, I don't think it can do that.

Let's wait fo FVWM3!)))))))))))
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: cr0acker2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 15:31:04 +0400

Hello J.G.A.,

Monday, April 22, 2002, 11:54:14 AM, you wrote:

RJGAv> mmm are there any plans for fvwm3 yet?

Nop, I do not think so!
RJGAv> jos

RJGAv> -----Original Message-----
RJGAv> From: cr0acker2
RJGAv> To: Dan Espen
RJGAv> Cc: [email-masked]

DE>> The borders are of unequal width, I don't think Fvwm can
DE>> do that.
RJGAv> Ok i you probably saw a shot of what i had achived with border and
RJGAv> colors. An if FVWM2 can not do it we will see what FvWM3 will
RJGAv> do))))))))

DE>> The resize handle looks like a little pixmap in the lower right
DE>> corner, I don't think it can do that.

RJGAv> Let's wait fo FVWM3!)))))))))))

-- 
Best regards,
 cr0acker2                            mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 12:10:36 +0200

> mmm are there any plans for fvwm3 yet?

Yes, but the plans are vague.  Originally we intended to move to
3.0 after the 2.4 series, but now we're working of 2.6 and I
wouldn't be surprised if there's a 2.8 release too.  The one thing
that makes us hesitate is that we want to clean up many features
in 3.0 and weed out the obsolete and screwed up parts of the
syntax.  This will result in 3.0 being vastly incompatible with
2.x.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].