Subject: FVWM: FvwmAnimate and strokes

From: Christian MICHON <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 06:03:14 +0200 (CEST)

Hi fvwm gurus,

I understand I need to use XORvalue for FvwmAnimate
and strokes, for example.

This does not always give good results. When I use
a stroke on top of a grey rgb:c0/c0/c0, most of the
values for XORvalue make the stroke invisible.

I'd like instead to use a solid bright red color
for both FvwmAnimate and the strokes. I usually do
not use this for my windows decorations.

Is it possible to do this without hacking the sources
?
Or if a hack is needed, where to start ?

I use fvwm-2.4.6.

Thx in advance.
Christian

___________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!? -- Une adresse @yahoo.fr gratuite et en français !
Yahoo! Mail : http://fr.mail.yahoo.com
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 23:21:56 -0500

> Or if a hack is needed, where to start ?

FvwmAnimate lets you use various colors, or a pixmap.
It always xor's.
There are dialogs to try various colors, check the man page.
If you want to change the source, see:

modules/FvwmAnimate/FvwmAnimate.c, search for "xor".

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214      Phone: (732) 699-5570
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Christian MICHON <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 07:28:09 +0200 (CEST)

> FvwmAnimate lets you use various colors, or a pixmap.
Hum... now I understand why. If I change GXcor to GXset, it doesn't look
nice anymore to move windows around...

Yet if I try with a very bright red pixmap (supposed to give better results)
*FvwmAnimate: Pixmap red.xpm

I can see a xor done on a black background is actually more orange than red.
What is the function/call that changes this ? To me a red pixel xor'ed on
a black pixel should remain red, right ?

Thx,
Christian

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 11:33:26 +0200

> a black pixel should remain red, right ?

You can't chose the color with xor'ing gcs.  The given bit planes
are inverted.  In some visuals that just changes the index of the
colour in the table which can be any random colour.  Xor'ing has
nothing to do with actual rgb values.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Christian MICHON <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 05:29:47 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Dominik,

> nothing to do with actual rgb values.

got it... But it'd be way cool to be able to truly control the color
when moving or iconifying windows. Is this in anyway in a TODO list
for new features ?

Rgds,
Christian