Subject: FVWM: Running fvwm in Xnest

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 20:31:33 +0200 (CEST)

I read somewhere that running the same WM in Xnest as is running on the
X-session starting Xnest could cause the machine to crash.
I accidently did this, but it seemed to work (although I quit quickly when
I realised what I just done...)

Is there a reason why this would be dangerous? I could see the possibility
that the 2 instanses tries to write to a file at the same time, but
nothing that fatal...

//Marcus

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 19:48:25 +0000

> that the 2 instanses tries to write to a file at the same time, but

It is safe to run several fvwm instances concurrently, say, on :0 and :1.
If you have no problems running Xnest, start the second fvwm freely.

Regards,
Mikhael.