Subject: FVWM: Problems with TitleStyle/MultiPixmap in 2.5.1?

From: Steve Talley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 23:11:18 -0600

Hello,

In the new 2.5.1 release, it looks like TitleStyle/MultiPixmap no
longer works.  I see only a grey box where the pixmap title bar should
be.  This worked fine in 2.5.0.

Here are the relevant lines from my setup:

    ImagePath +:/home/talley/.fvwm/decors
    TitleStyle ActiveUp MultiPixmap Main sweetpill_jade/title_active.xpm, LeftEnd sweetpill_jade/titleleft_active.xpm, RightEnd sweetpill_jade/titleright_active.xpm
    TitleStyle ActiveDown MultiPixmap Main sweetpill_jade/title_active.xpm, LeftEnd sweetpill_jade/titleleft_active.xpm, RightEnd sweetpill_jade/titleright_active.xpm
    TitleStyle Inactive MultiPixmap Main sweetpill_jade/title_inactive.xpm, LeftEnd sweetpill_jade/titleleft_inactive.xpm, RightEnd sweetpill_jade/titleright_inactive.xpm
    TitleStyle -- Flat
    BorderStyle -- HiddenHandles !NoInset Raised
    TitleStyle Centered Height 16

I also use the sweetpill_jade pixmaps with ButtonStyle, and the
buttons come out fine.  Only the main titlebar pixmap is missing.

Running strace/truss I see fvwm successfully finds and opens the
appropriate pixmap files for the title bar, so it doesn't look like a
path problem.

Any ideas?  Again, this worked fine in 2.5.0.

BTW, this is a fantastic window manager.  Keep up the great work!

Thanks,

Steve
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 15:51:18 +0000

> be.  This worked fine in 2.5.0.

Yes, TitleStyle MultiPixmap is still not restored in the developement
brench. Sorry about this, but you should wait.

It is also possible that MultiPixmap will be replaced with MultiColorset.

There are some other known problems with 2.5.1, first check mail messages
in the archive from April 26, before reporting.

Regards,
Mikhael.