Subject: FVWM: Modifiers and Keybinds

From: Christian Lyra <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 20:29:54 -0300 (BRT)

Hi,

	I'm trying to do something useful with those "windows" and "menu"
keys on my keyboard, and think that could be nice if I can use it as
another modifier key. From fvwm2 I got: "X11 modifiers mod1 through mod5
are represented as the digits '1' through '5'", so I thought that I could
Map those keys to Mod3 and Mod5 and use something like that in my
.fvwm2rc:
Key Left 4 C Direction West Focus
Key Right 4 C Direction East Focus
...

	Since I'm kind short of keys :-)...

	BTW I did this  to my Xmodmap:

keycode 117 = Super_L
keycode 115 = Hyper_R
add Mod3 = Super_L
add Mod4 = Hyper_R

	ok... I randomly choose Super_L and Hyper_R... I dont know what
those keys do...
	Anyway, it didnt work, and when I press Mod3, I got nothing on a
Xterm, but when I press Mod3 + arrowKey, I got the standart history from
bash (Seems that X doesnt know about Mod3+arrowkey).

	What I doing wrong?

	Thanks in advance,
		Christian Lyra

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 23:43:22 +0000

> Key Right 4 C Direction East Focus

The syntax is incorrect. It should be:

  Key Left   A  4C  Direction West Focus
  Key Right  A  4C  Direction East Focus

> bash (Seems that X doesnt know about Mod3+arrowkey).

I hope it works for you just like it works for me.
BTW, I have:

  mod3
  mod4        Super_L (0x73),  Super_R (0x74)

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Christian Lyra <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 22:02:33 -0300 (BRT)

It Works! thansk! :-)