Subject: FVWM: where to start from

From: Eduardo Gargiulo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:55:41 -0500

Hi all.

I'm new to this list. I was using fvwm for last 2 years, but using
default configuration options, because the workstations were at work.
Now, i have installed fvwm on my home computer, and i want to customize
de wm. I saw very beautiful fvwm screenshots on the web, so i'm
looking for some documentation (beginer level) to start reading.

thanks and sorry for my english ...

-- 
Eduardo Gargiulo
ejg(at)ar.homelinux.org
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "S. Anderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:40:51 -0700

> looking for some documentation (beginer level) to start reading.

Try copying fvwm/sample.fvwmrc/new-features to ~/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc
read the comments in that file and modify to your needs. In no
time to will be an expert. I also think the man page is good for
beginners, and everyone else.

hth,
sa

---

From: Victor Eijkhout <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:20:59 -0500

>so i'm

I have a primer-in-progress.

http://www.cs.utk.edu/~eijkhout/OSX/fvwm-man.pdf
-- 
Victor Eijkhout <[email-masked]>
tel: 865 974 9308 (W), 865 673 6998 (H), 865 974 8296 (F)
http://www.cs.utk.edu/~eijkhout/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 14:21:16 +0200

> looking for some documentation (beginer level) to start reading.

Many of the configs for the screenshots are part of the fvwm-theme
package.  Try it out and then modify the parts that do not suit
your needs.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].