Subject: FVWM: blowing away adsmap

From: Elliot Sowadsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 16:36:35 -0800 (PST)

I'm trying to blow away internet explorer spam windows.  Presently i'm using
add_event and WindowID $0 ("*Iexplorer*") to trigger a close.  Problem is
that the window has already started going thru drawing, so it takes several
seconds to die. Is there an earlier event to trigger on or another method?

Thanx
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 10:31:06 +0100

> seconds to die. Is there an earlier event to trigger on or another method?

You can use "Destroy" instead, but that kills the whole
application.  Also, you could iconify the window or move it to a
different desktop before closing it to get it out of sight.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 22:03:50 +0000

> seconds to die. Is there an earlier event to trigger on or another method?

No, I believe, there is no other way to do this except for asking explorer
itself not to open spam windows. I don't know what do you mean by "spam
windows", because I don't run explorer, but if you mean javascript
windows, recent Mozilla and some other unix browsers are configurable
about blocking popup windows and other javascript abuse.

You may also (on add_window event) do something quick before Close, like
Iconify or MoveToDesk 0 10.

Regards,
Mikhael.