Subject: FVWM: FVWM2 Background and white lines

From: "Bradley A. Jennings" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:47:52 -0600

I have installed fvwm2 2.4.6 and  XFree86 4.2.0 on Slackware Linux using 
Kernel 2.2.19 on a i386 platform.  I have edited the .xinitrc file in my 
home directory to invoke fvwm2.  I do not have a .fvwm2rc file in my home 
directory.  After I type `startx` at the command prompt, the desktop 
appears with two white lines.  The background is a solid color, but has a 
vertical white line from the top of the visible screen to the bottom of the 
visible screen about 3 pixels wide.  Also, there is a horizontal white line 
extending across the screen from the left side of the screen, stopping at 
the vertical white line.  The white lines do not tri-sect the visible 
screen equally.  The white lines pass through any open windows, for 
example; a xterm session.

	If I grab a xterm window and drag it across the screen (on the left side 
of the vertical white line) the x and y coordinates are presented in a 
small box near the upper left corner of the visible screen.  However, if I 
drag the window just to the right of the vertical white line, then the x 
and y coordinate box moves just to the right of the white line at the top 
of the screen.  Its as though the area to the right of the white line is 
another "desktop".  The white lines are not visible on the twm window 
manager.  It's only visible on the fvwm2.  I'm using a S3 Trio64 PCI video 
card. I don't know what specs to offer in order to help solve this 
issue.  Please help if you can.

Thanks,

Brad

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 21:05:15 +0100

> example; a xterm session.

Funny, it seems that you have compiled fvwm with the 
	--enable-xinerama-emulation
option to configure (or the binary you get is compiled with this
option). I recommand that you recompile fvwm without this option.
But, maybe if you add "Xinerama Off" to your .fvwm2rc (or if you type
this in a FvwmConsole) the white lines will disappear.

Olivier

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 23:12:53 +0100

> this in a FvwmConsole) the white lines will disappear.

Well, they will disappear, but they still flash for the split of
a second when fvwm or any module is started.  Recompiling is the
most sensible option here.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].