Subject: FVWM: fvwm-menu-directory

From: "Thomas A. Gardiner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 21:25:52 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm using the program fvwm-menu-directory incorrectly, or
if it is making an error...

I'm using the following command:

PipeRead 'fvwm-menu-desktop --desktop kde-sys --enable-mini-icons'

Fvwm outputs the following type of errors:
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from mini/kcalc.xpm
[FVWM][scanForPixmap]: <<WARNING>> Couldn't load image from
mini/kpilot.xpm

Now, I would think it reasonable that these images are from kcalc and
kpilot which belong to the following packages:

$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/kcalc
kdeutils-2.1.1-1

$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/kpilot
kdepim-2.1.1-1

However, if I list these packages out with "rpm -ql" I do not find any
xpms with these names...

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Tom

FYI: Red Hat 7.1, fvwm 2.4.0

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 08:48:19 +0000

> However, if I list these packages out with "rpm -ql" I do not find any

Recent KDE uses png not xpm just like GNOME, so you should prepare xpms
from pngs before you use --enable-mini-icons. You may use pngs directly in
gtk menus (using FvwmGtk).

If you don't want to convert any pngs and don't really need to have a
separate icon for every app (only one icon for every application type) you
may install wm-icons package and specify --wm-icons option.

The man page of fvwm-menu-desktop explains what should be done to convert
png to xpm or to build gtk menus.

Regards,
Mikhael.