Subject: FVWM: Window placement within defined area

From: Andy Arbon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 22:35:10 +0000

Hello,

I am curious whether it is possible to tell FVWM to position all new 
windows within a certain bounds, like you can do with icons in an iconbox.

The reasoning is that I have one large desktop (1952x868) that covers 
two monitors (for reasons I've explained in other messages - I won't 
drag them up again ;) ), so AFAIK none of the normal 
StartsOnPage/Desk/Screen would work for me.

I'd like to have all new windows pop up on the first monitor, which has 
the left most 1152x868 of the desktop. Is that possible?

I realise it's probably not a common problem, so I won't be too 
surprised if FVWM doesn't do this.

Cheers,

Andy

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 10:14:40 +0100

>From your description I guess that you're using Xinerama.  In this
case, use the config lines

  XineramaPrimaryScreen <any screen number you like counting from 0>
  Style * StartsOnScreen p

If you're not using Xinerama you may have the "Single Logical
Screen" extension or something similar.  If your screens have the
same dimensions you can inform fvwm of their layout.  For example,
if you have two screens side by side, use

  XineramaSlsSize 2x1
  XineramaSlsOn
  XineramaPrimaryScreen <any screen number>
  Style * StartsOnScreen p

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].