Subject: FVWM: Re: Patch for "forced greyed" menu items && windowlist patch

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 23:51:01 +0100

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 12:11:44PM -0500, Daniel Henninger wrote:
> I mostly wrote this so I could both:
> 1. Remove the geometry info from windowlist
>   and
> 2. Still be able to tell what's iconified
> 
> What it does is it makes any menu item beginning in ~ (with the obviously
> ~~ to force a literal ~) uses the "Greyed" color scheme instead of the
> normal colors.  Windowlist is also patched to accept a new argument,
> GreyIconic, to specify that a user wants iconic items in the windowlist to
> be greyed out using the above mechanism.  The patch is attached.  So far
> it seems to be behaving itself.

That patch arrives at a most unfortunate time.  The menu code has
already changed a lot in the development branch, so there is no
chance to apply your patch smoothly.  In addition, the development
code is nothing you want to run on your machine right now.  It
would be best if you wait a few weeks, then upgrade it to the
latest development snapshots and the resubmit it.  Other than
that, the new feature is definitely worthwhile.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Daniel Henninger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:00:09 -0500 (EST)

> that, the new feature is definitely worthwhile.

Hey, no worries.  =)  I'm actually quite willing to grab the development
code and rework it for the new version, so given I have time I'll work on
that tomorrow.  I'm also working on an FvwmForm patch to offer a timeout
feature where you can say "time this out after 10 seconds, after which
time perform X command (which in my case I'm using this for a 'are you
sure you want to logout?' window where if they don't respond after X
seconds, it'll go ahead and log them out) and have some sort of display of
how much time is left.  Has FvwmForm changed a lot in the new tree?
Should I also develop that against the new one?

Well, we'll see.  I might look at the layout tomorrow and decide to wait
a few weeks after all.  =)

Daniel

-- 
/\\\----------------------------------------------------------------------///\
\ \\\      Daniel Henninger           http://www.vorpalcloud.org/        /// /
 \_\\\      North Carolina State University - Systems Programmer        ///_/
    \\\                   Information Technology <IT>                  ///
     """--------------------------------------------------------------"""