Subject: FVWM: desktop launcher

From: jlf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:57:21 -0500 (EST)

hello everyone.  as it was suggested to me earlier on the list, i've tried
to implement the example listed in the FAQ for adding desktop shortcuts,
however when i run fvwm with debug mode i get the following at the tail
end of the log:

RXVTLaunch: Overlapping fixed buttons. Quitting.
Button=1, x=0, y=2
FvwmButtons: No buttons defined. Quitting

i also received this problem with both rxvt and xv that were provided in
the example -- however when i first saw the message, i tried using
launcher with only one call to the function ... the problem persists.

any clues?  thanks..
-jesse

-- 
   "To live forever, or die in the attempt."

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:22:34 -0500

> launcher with only one call to the function ... the problem persists.

It works fine for me.

What version of Fvwm are you running?

Did you copy the example exactly?

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214      Phone: (732) 699-5570
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: jlf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:43:38 -0500 (EST)

hello - okay i've fixed this aspect.  the problem came from me attempting
to push these launcher icons out from under my pager by changing the
global positioning.  i've gone back to a straight cut and paste and it
works fine, i guess i will just have to keep toying with it..

thanks,
-jesse