Subject: FVWM: question

From: John Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:37:49 -0800

what is the option that tells what color fills in the lines in a menu and the
lines around it?  i looked in the man page under MenuStyle, but i couldn't
find it

thanks
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:13:19 +0000

> lines around it?  i looked in the man page under MenuStyle, but i couldn't

If you, for example, have:

  MenuStyle * Background gray40, HilightBack darkcyan

The colors you speak about are automatically eveluated as shadow and
hilight colors of gray40 for inactive items and darkcyan for the active.
You can't change this automatic evaluation if you use this old method.

You can, hovewer, have a full control if you use colorsets. It is possible
to override the shadow and hilight colors then.

  *FvwmTheme: Colorset 5 fg white, bg gray40, sh gray35, sh gray45
  *FvwmTheme: Colorset 6 fg white, bg darkcyan, sh darkcyan, sh darkcyan
  *FvwmTheme: Colorset 7 fg grey70  # only fg is used here for now

  MenuStyle * MenuColorset 5, ActiveColorset 6, GreyedColorset 7

You should also start FvwmTheme module.

Regards,
Mikhael.