Subject: FVWM: Xmgrace application causing window remnants.

From: "Buchs, Kevin J." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 13:44:31 -0600

I have been finding problems with an application called Grace which is used
for plotting graphs.  See http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Grace/ for the
application.  I am using version 5.1.4 of Grace.

I also run fvwm 2.2.5 on HP-UX 11.0.  What I find is that after I run Grace,
I start to see ghost images of windows which I have closed or iconized
remain on the background.  The window is not there and cannot be controlled,
but the image is fairly distracting.  I find that if I exit fvwm and run
dtwm the problem vanishes, but if I return to fvwm, in the same login
session, those ghost windows reappear.  Grace is the only application I have
found to cause this problem.  

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Kevin Buchs   Mayo Foundation   200 1st St SW   Rochester MN 55901
http://www.mayo.edu/sppdg   [email-masked]   507-538-5459
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].