Subject: FVWM: FvwmIconMan

From: Jason Kibblewhite <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 17:40:20 -0700

FVWM version 2.5.1 compiled on Mar 26 2002 at 20:20:35
with support for: ReadLine, Stroke, XPM, GNOME WM hints, Shape, SM,
Multibyte, Xinerama

I've noticed that on applications that set their layer themselfs that
FvwmIconMan will use the layer they have.  Example I've used is rox
filter, http://rox.sf.net.  It can bring up desktop icons ala gnome/kde
and sets it's layer as 0, FvwmIconMan also trys to use this layer which
generally hides it behind all the other windows on the screen which
default to 4

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 00:57:33 +0000

> generally hides it behind all the other windows on the screen which

You mean FvwmIdent not FvwmIconMan, right?

I also don't like very much this feature of FvwmIdent. Probably the
logic should be: use the layer of the window, but only if it is greater
than the default 4.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 20:31:10 +0200

> logic should be: use the layer of the window, but only if it is greater

Hey, I spent hours on this "feature" :-)  Feel free to change it
if you want.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 01:22:29 +0000

> Hey, I spent hours on this "feature" :-)  Feel free to change it

I added a new option MinimalLayer that fully controls the layer FvwmIdent
is placed on.

The default is 4, i.e. FvwmIdent jumps to the layer of the target window
or to the layer 4 whichever is greater.

If the value is 0 it works as it worked in 2.4.x, always jump.

If the value is "none" it works as it worked in 2.2.x, never jump.

Regards,
Mikhael.