Subject: FVWM: AddTo... & sourcing fvwm2rc

From: Victor Eijkhout <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 15:06:29 -0500

What is the best strategy for re-sourcing the rc file? Right now my 
fvwm2rc file is full of

DestroyMenu "verify quit"
AddToMenu "verify quit" "Really quit?" Title

and

KillModule FvwmPager
Module FvwmPager 0 4

Is that the accepted way of doing things?
-- 
Victor Eijkhout <[email-masked]>
tel: 865 974 9308 (W), 865 673 6998 (H), 865 974 8296 (F)
http://www.cs.utk.edu/~eijkhout/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 21:50:07 +0000

> Is that the accepted way of doing things?

Yes, this is a correct way to write a file that may be read several times.
On the other hand, if you don't really want to restart your pager every
time you reread fvwm2rc, place "Module FvwmPager" into StartFunction that
is only executed once on the FVWM start-up and once on restart.

Another way is to keep 2 functions, one for starting things and another
for finishing things. So Module command would go to the first and
KillModule to the second; AddToMenu/AddToFunc may go to the first and
DestroyMenu/DestroyFunc to the second (to clean up unused declarations).
But it is always prefered to call DestroyFunc before the corresponding
AddToFunc anyway to be safe.

Regards,
Mikhael.