Subject: FVWM: FvwmTheme

From: "Thomas A. Gardiner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:34:22 -0500 (EST)

Hi All,

The man page for fvwm2 and FvwmTheme appear to be inconsistent with one
another.

The fvwm2 man page shows an example of:

AddToFunc StartFunction
 + I ModuleSynchronous FvwmTheme

where as the FvwmTheme man page says:

       Thus  FvwmTheme  has  to  be  invoked with the 'ModuleSyn
       chronous' command by inserting the line 'ModuleSynchronous
       Timeout  5 FvwmTheme' in the .fvwm2rc file right after the
       ModulePath and  ImagePath  have  been  defined.   Invoking
       FvwmTheme  from the InitFunction, StartFunction orRestart
       Function or later may not  work  properly  and  can  cause
       excessive  redrawing  of  already  running modules.  It is

What is the officially sanctioned manner for starting FvwmTheme?

Also, there is a typo in the FvwmTheme man page,

       FvwmTheme  from the InitFunction, StartFunction orRestart
                                                       ^^^^^^^^^

Thanks,

Tom

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:16:13 +0000

> What is the officially sanctioned manner for starting FvwmTheme?

Both ways work for most of needs. You may even KillModule and start it
again. The only difference is amount of redrawings when FvwmTheme is
started. In theory you should start it as the FvwmTheme man page says.
But in practice I didn't need this.

I really hope FvwmTheme is removed later in 2.5.x and colorset calculation
becomes a part of the core. But don't warry, a dummy (working) FvwmTheme
module will be supplied for backward compatibility.

Regards,
Mikhael.