Subject: FVWM: Use under OS X

From: Victor Eijkhout <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 01:32:18 -0500

With non-searchable archives (why? isn't the google search engine 
free?) I couldn't find if there had been discussion of fvwm(2) on Mac 
OS X.

I have fvwm 2.4.5 installed, and it's kinda buggy. Since running 
Xfree86 rootless means that you can easily get in/out of X, I manage 
to upset fvwm quite easily.

To be precise: after having it up for a few days, something upsets 
its bookkeeping of which window is on top of which. This is clear 
because the layering on the screen is not the same as that in the 
pager.

Is this a known phenomenon?
-- 
Victor Eijkhout <[email-masked]>
tel: 865 974 9308 (W), 865 673 6998 (H), 865 974 8296 (F)
http://www.cs.utk.edu/~eijkhout/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 11:15:46 +0100

> Is this a known phenomenon?

Yes.  It's fixed in the next maintenance release (2.4.6).  I'm
planning to release it within this week.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].