Subject: FVWM: problem with xmms 1.2.6?

From: John Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 23:11:59 -0800

Hey,

Has anyone else here seen problems with fvwm2 and xmms?  The problems I see are
when you restart fvwm.  Like for instance, I started up xmms like this:

geoff 10:52PM ~/mp3z > xmms &

(Some time passes, and while music is playing, I do a restart)

Gdk-ERROR **: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  serial 182168 error_code 3 request_code 20 minor_code 0

The only thing about xmms in my fvwm2rc is this:

Style "XMMS*" NoTitle

Is this a problem with xmms or fvwm2?
I don't think I ever had problems with xmms in other WM's

Thanks
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 16:12:11 +0100

> I don't think I ever had problems with xmms in other WM's

Xmms seems to have an infinite supply of bugs related to the setup
of its windows.  Recently I read about some problems releated with
xmms windows with a title being fixed.  You should try out if this
works with 1.2.7 (or the latest pre release if it's not ready yet)
and report to the xmms people if it still causes problems.

Up to now, all the problems with xmms (and there were a lot of
them) were caused by xmms, not the window manager.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].