Subject: FVWM: Maximising windows

From: Andy Arbon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 14:48:16 +0000

Hello,

I have a dual monitor system using a dual head NVidia card. I have 2 key 
bindings for maximising windows on to either monitor.

For the first monitor I Maximise the window to 1152x868 - the res of 
that monitor. For the second I Maximise the window to 800x600 and move 
it to 1152, 0.

This works fine. The problem comes in the folowing sequence:

1) Maximise window on to one of the screens
2) Try to maximise the same window on to the other screen

What should happen is that the window switches from one screen to the 
other (and changes size as a consequence) but what actually happens is 
the window de-maximises from whichever screen it was on.. ie. it 
performs a restore instead of the maximise.

Presumably this is because normally when you execute a Maximise on a 
maximised window you are in fact trying to de-maximise it, but in this 
case I have two different states that are both maximised!

Is there any way to distinguish between to two different maximised 
states so that FVWM will not try to restore a window when moving between 
them?

Hope this isn't too confusing ;)

Thanks,

Andy

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 12:40:32 -0500

> Hope this isn't too confusing ;)

Please mention the OS, X server and FVWM release you are using
and if you are using Xinerama.

Recent releases of Fvwm have Xinerama support.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214      Phone: (732) 699-5570
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 03:15:42 +0100

> states so that FVWM will not try to restore a window when moving between 

"Maximize" without arguments toggles between the two states.  To
force maximiting an already maximized window use

  Maximize on

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].