Subject: FVWM: configure options

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 19:36:38 +0100 (CET)

Is it possible to specify a location for the modules (other that
--prefix/libexec/fvwm or whatever it is by default)
The reason I was wondering is that we have a "hacks" area at university
where you can compile free software hat you like. The are is locatted at
/opt/hacks and has several dirs like bin, lib, man...
But it's not permitted to create new dirs directly under hacks.
So if I run ./configure --prefix=/opt/hacks it's not possble to install
the modules.
(--prefix is not dokumented in ./configure --help)

I thought I would try to reproduce the FixedSize bug under Solaris and see
if it occurs the same.

//Marcus

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 19:59:00 +0000

> So if I run ./configure --prefix=/opt/hacks it's not possble to install

All instalation directories are fully configurable. Read INSTALL.fvwm that
explains how to do what you want. Search for --disable-package-subdirs.

> (--prefix is not dokumented in ./configure --help)

It is documented. In './configure --help' and INSTALL.fvwm.

> I thought I would try to reproduce the FixedSize bug under Solaris and see

I doubt OS or X server have something to do with this.

Regards,
Mikhael.