Subject: FVWM: Problem

From: cr0acker2 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:58:09 +0300

Hello fvwm,

  I am using rh7.2. I have downloaded rpm for 7.2. But when i insstall
  it. I get following error.
<e/cr0acker/fvwm-2.4.4-2.rh7.i386.rpm;echo RESULT=$?
error: failed dependencies:
        libstroke.so.0   is needed by fvwm-2.4.4-2.rh7
RESULT=1
What rpm should i downl;oad and install?

-- 
Best regards,
 cr0acker2                          mailto:[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:53:50 +0100 (CET)

> What rpm should i downl;oad and install?

The libstroke package lets define actions in fvwm for certain mouse
movements (so that you can sort of "draw" with the mouse and have some
command run, for example draw a square to start some application.

You can find various rpm:s at http://www.rpmfind.net

This is not needed to run fvwm, though. If you follow the instructions
below.

You can also download a source-rpm and build that for yourself.
(These files ends in .src.rpm). Then do 'rpm --rebuild <file>'
This will produce a "normal" rpm (.i386.rpm) somewhere (rpm tells you
where it puts the output (binary rpm). Be sure to run as root, since it
writes to a directory a normal user don't have access to. Then run 'rpm
-ivh or rpm -Uvh on this file.

Alternativly you can download the source and compile it yourself. But
beware of the links that are put put in /usr/X11R6/bin if you keep any old
rpm from your Redhat installation, so that the right version is started.

//Marcus

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:40:21 +0000

> What rpm should i downl;oad and install?

I guess you downloaded this rpm from http://fvwm-themes.sf.net/rpm/
There is README on this page and even a link to the required rpms.

Regards,
Mikhael.