Subject: FVWM: FvwmPager colour update bug.

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 01:45:50 +0100 (CET)

If you change the inactive border colour of windows it sometimes doesn't
affect the colour shown in the pager until that window is dragged so that
parts of it are outside of the screen (or so it seems)
Is this a bug or is this not supposed to work?

//Marcus

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 09:55:43 +0000

> Is this a bug or is this not supposed to work?

Can you post full instructions how to reproduce this?
I can't reproduce this with colorsets.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 15:33:32 +0100 (CET)

> I can't reproduce this with colorsets.

I have the borders set to a clear indigo blue for active and pale blueish
gray for inactive windows. The pager is not set to show custom colours, so
it now shows these as it's supposed to.
Now I do: Style * BackColor white
in the FvwmTalk module.
Right now the real windows have updated as they should, but the pager
shows the old colour (gray for inactive).
Even if I move the pointer into anouther window (sloppy focus on) the
colours in the pager doesn't change.
I close the talk window, no difference.
Then I move the rxvt running this pine slightly off the screen and then
back. Now when I move the pointer to another window the rxvt turns white
in the pager.
This same procedure can be reproduced on every window. They don't seem to
get affected until being dragged outside the screen.

Now I shall try with the active colour (haven't done that yet).
I enter: Style * HilightBack green in FvwmTalk
Now the colours on the screen changes (but this is ofcourse only the
FvwmTalk window, since it is active). But the FvwmTalk window in the pager
is still the old colour.
Now when I position the mouse pointer at the rxvt, it gets the colour
green also in the pager. And if I move back to FvwmTalk it becomes green
in the pager.
So it seems for active windows it updates as soon as they are focused.

So now I've ended up with a pager with windows of 3 different colours
(besides have weird border colours....)

I hope this description will help.

//Marcus