Subject: FVWM: Modules and C++

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 16:49:38 +0100 (CET)

Is it possible to write fvwm modules in C++?

//Marcus

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Erik Steffl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 12:50:30 -0800

> Is it possible to write fvwm modules in C++?

  IIRC some of them are (were) written in C++

	erik

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 01:08:39 +0000

> Is it possible to write fvwm modules in C++?

Yes, any language is possible as long as the module protocol is used.
Modules written in C and C++ may even use the existing module library.

But in order to be included into FVWM the module is best to be written in
one of the supported languages. Currently it is C. And I hope perl will be
supported soon too. I just wrote an example module in perl (several lines)
using a new perl library (similar to the existing one in CPAN) that will
probably be a part of fvwm-2.5.x.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 12:28:18 +0000

On 10 Feb 2002 00:12:04 -0600, Ian Remmler wrote:
> 
> On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 01:08:39AM +0000, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> Wonderful!  I was disappointed when I found the CPAN module and it was
> out of date.  Is there code available to play with currently?  If not,
> when will it be available?  I would be most excited if fvwm spoke perl!

Probably during the week it will be in cvs. It is not finished yet.

Regards,
Mikhael.