Subject: FVWM: FixedSize style

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 19:19:55 +0100 (CET)

I have this line for my pager:

Style "FvwmPager"   Sticky, NoTitle, FixedSize, NoHandles, BorderWidth 7

but still it's possible to resize the window.

The resize operations are defined as:

# the "L" bars
Mouse 1	F	A	Resize-or-Raise
# the title bar
Mouse 1	T	A	Move-or-Raise-Maximize
# the rest of the frame
Mouse 1 S	A	Resize-or-Raise

and:

AddToFunc Resize-or-Raise
+				"I" Raise
+				"M" Resize

have I missed something. Is it because Resize is done via a function in
this case?

I'm using snapshot 20020114

And is it possible to redefine the mousebinding for this particular window
so that the frame can be used for moving the window?

//Marcus

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 22:47:28 +0000

> but still it's possible to resize the window.

I can't reproduce this with the current cvs.
FixedSize/VariableSize work fine for me. With FvwmPager too.

Do you swallow FvwmPager in FvwmButtons (as I do) by a chance?

> have I missed something. Is it because Resize is done via a function in

No, this does not matter. Resize is either allowed for a window or not.

> so that the frame can be used for moving the window?

Yes, it is possible. Modify your function to be like this:

AddToFunc Resize-or-Raise
+ C Raise
+ M WindowId $w (FvwmPager) Move
+ M WindowId $w (!FvwmPager) Resize

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 00:40:28 +0100 (CET)

> Do you swallow FvwmPager in FvwmButtons (as I do) by a chance?

No. I run it separately. I should maybe try the latest CVS..
> + M WindowId $w (!FvwmPager) Resize

Thank you.

//Marcus

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 02:28:23 +0100

> No, this does not matter. Resize is either allowed for a window or not.

Actually, there was a bug with recognition of complex function
names (ResizeOrRaise didn't count as a "resizing" function).  But
that does not play a role here.  It's only used in determining if
a menu entry would be greyed or not.  I can't reproduce this
problem either, not with current CVS and not with 2.4.5.

> + M WindowId $w (!FvwmPager) Resize

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 01:56:46 +0100 (CET)

> Do you swallow FvwmPager in FvwmButtons (as I do) by a chance?

Another thing that might have an impact is the fact that I use:
Style * MWMHints

Could this possible affect?

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 10:03:04 +0000

> Could this possible affect?

No, this can't be related.

Open FvwmConsole and type:

  Style FvwmPager FixedSize
  FvwmPager
  Exec xmessage $v

Do you still able to resize a pager?

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 13:32:41 +0100 (CET)

> Do you still able to resize a pager?

I did this.
And it's possible to resize using the menu (I have assigned mousebutton 3
to bring it up (the FvwmPager is titleless on my setup)

When I turn on Resize for mouse button 1 on the border (I have it set to
Move for the pager specifically), then it's possible to move also with the
mouse.

I'm really puzzeled.

//Marcus

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 14:33:06 +0100 (CET)

I tried also with xterm (using Style XTerm to match on the class) and
txvt, the same thing happens. It's possible to resize those.

//Marcus

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 15:01:45 +0000

> > On 05 Feb 2002 01:56:46 +0100, Marcus Lundblad wrote:

This line in your .fvwm2rc generates an error message. Do you see it?

> >   Style FvwmPager FixedSize

If you use an old version, this line should generate an error message too.
Do you see it?

> I did this.
> And it's possible to resize

Ok, my last try. :)

Replace your .fvwm2rc with this one (2 lines only):

  Style * FixedSize
  Exec xterm

Then restart FVWM.
If you are still able to resize xterm, you don't use the cvs version.
If you get a beep, try to extend this 2 line rc file to get the problem.
Then post your minimal rc file showing the supposed bug to fvwm-workers@.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:06:22 +0100

> Move for the pager specifically), then it's possible to move also with the

Perhaps we can reproduce this with your complete config file.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:30:09 +0100 (CET)

> This line in your .fvwm2rc generates an error message. Do you see it?

No.

I have an .xsession that looks like this:
#!/bin/bash
exec fvwm2 > ~/.Fvwm2-errors 2>&1 

And grep:ing .Fvwm2-errors for "FVWM" gives this:
[FVWM][CMD_Style]: <<ERROR>> IconGrid must follow an IconBox in same Style
command
[FVWM][ParseBinding]: <<ERROR>> No such key: Select
[FVWM][ParseBinding]: <<ERROR>> No such key: Windows
[FVWM][convert_charsets]: <<ERROR>> Invalid byte sequence during
conversion from UTF8 to ISO-8859-1
[FVWM][convert_charsets]: <<ERROR>> Invalid byte sequence during
conversion from UTF8 to ISO-8859-1
[FVWM][convert_charsets]: <<ERROR>> Invalid byte sequence during
conversion from UTF8 to ISO-8859-1
[FVWM][convert_charsets]: <<ERROR>> Invalid byte sequence during
conversion from UTF8 to ISO-8859-1
[FVWM][convert_charsets]: <<ERROR>> Invalid byte sequence during
conversion from UTF8 to ISO-8859-1
[FVWM][convert_charsets]: <<ERROR>> Invalid byte sequence during
conversion from UTF8 to ISO-8859-1
[FVWM][convert_charsets]: <<ERROR>> Invalid byte sequence during
conversion from UTF8 to ISO-8859-1
[FVWM][convert_charsets]: <<ERROR>> Invalid byte sequence during
conversion from UTF8 to ISO-8859-1
[FVWM][convert_charsets]: <<ERROR>> Invalid byte sequence during
conversion from UTF8 to ISO-8859-1
[FVWM][convert_charsets]: <<ERROR>> Invalid byte sequence during
conversion from UTF8 to ISO-8859-1
[FVWM][convert_charsets]: <<ERROR>> Invalid byte sequence during
conversion from UTF8 to ISO-8859-1
[FVWM][convert_charsets]: <<ERROR>> Invalid byte sequence during
conversion from UTF8 to ISO-8859-1
[FVWM][executeModule]: <<ERROR>> No such module 'FvwmWarf' in ModulePath
'/usr/local/libexec/fvwm/2.5.0'
[FVWM][convert_charsets]: <<ERROR>> Invalid byte sequence during
conversion from UTF8 to ISO-8859-1
[FVWM][convert_charsets]: <<ERROR>> Invalid byte sequence during
conversion from UTF8 to ISO-8859-1
[FVWM][Done]: <<WARNING>> `Restart fvwm2' might not do what you want, see
the man page.
[FVWM][CMD_Style]: <<ERROR>> IconGrid must follow an IconBox in same Style
command
[FVWM][ParseBinding]: <<ERROR>> No such key: Windows
[FVWM][convert_charsets]: <<ERROR>> Invalid byte sequence during
conversion from UTF8 to ISO-8859-1
[FVWM][convert_charsets]: <<ERROR>> Invalid byte sequence during
conversion from UTF8 to ISO-8859-1
[FVWM][CMD_Style]: <<ERROR>> Bad style option: HilightBackColor green
[FVWM][Done]: <<WARNING>> `Restart fvwm2' might not do what you want, see
the man page.

The line [FVWM][CMD_Style]: <<ERROR>> Bad style option: HilightBackColor
green
was generated when I played with FvwmTalk, this is not because of my
config.
(I had to use grep, because licq beta fills this with a lot of debug
output) 

> If you use an old version, this line should generate an error message too.

No, I use snapshot 20020114.
> Then post your minimal rc file showing the supposed bug to fvwm-workers@.

Now I'm a bit confused...
Their is a 2.4.2 installed in /usr/bin
I did compile the CVS and installed it (in /usr/local)
Before I was using gdm and had set up custom session for fvwm. But after I
upgraded to RH 7.2 gdm (or prefdm) stoped working, so I swiched to xdm.
Though according to rpm -q their is a 2.2.5 installed. i thought I had
deleted the redhat supplied fvwm2.

But if I do Exec xmessage $v in FvwmTalk, it says:
 "FVWM version 2.5.0 compiled on Jan 29 2002 at 04:58:57"

But I shall try to produce a minimal .fvwm2rc

//Marcus

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:43:21 +0100 (CET)

> Perhaps we can reproduce this with your complete config file.

The configuration consists of some scripts that configure the pager and
menus. But it's still possible to use only the .fvwm2rc by itself.
I could put the complete "package" on the web if it would be more useful,
though I don't think the configure for the pager and window menus plays
any role here.

//Marcus