Subject: Re: FVWM: FixedSize style

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 10:02:34 -0500

This reply is from Dominik Vogt, if you want to reply, reply to
[email-masked].

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 04:43:21PM +0100, Marcus Lundblad wrote:
> 
> On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> 
> > Perhaps we can reproduce this with your complete config file.
> 
> The configuration consists of some scripts that configure the pager and
> menus. But it's still possible to use only the .fvwm2rc by itself.
> I could put the complete "package" on the web if it would be more useful,
> though I don't think the configure for the pager and window menus plays
> any role here.

Well, of course that doesn't work with your config file.  You
don't have the FixedSize style in there for the pager.  Are you
*sure* you posted the correct version of the file?  When I add
the line you sent in your original mail, everything works fine.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214             E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                       Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 16:54:02 +0100 (CET)

> the line you sent in your original mail, everything works fine.

Yes, you're correct. There were 2 versions hanging around. One in ~ and
one in ~/.fvwm/
Sorry for the inconvinience.

//Marcus

---

From: amw <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 09:32:12 -0500

Hello-

I am a not familiar with fvwm2 particulars because in my RedHat 6.0
installation it came up as the default giving me a bar across the
bottom of the screen and a start menu on the left end of that bar.

In books I read my default fvwm2 installation is referred to as
either style fvwm95 or AnotherLevel.

Now I have downloaded the latest RedHat 7.2 (enigma) and installed
the custom option with packages = everything because I want to do
client/server development and testing.

When I try to get fvwm2 working with RedHat 7.2 as it does with
RedHat 6.0, I get messages saying files are not found.

Are the files missing altogether from RedHat 7.2, or somewhere else?

Can someone who knows fvwm2 tell me the easiest way to get my
RedHat 7.2 to work like my RedHat 6.0 in the window manager aspect?

I'm ready to use documentation, but I don't find it in ReadHat 7.2.

Art from ABR
[email-masked]

---

From: Tenebrae <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 10:42:08 -0800 (PST)

> bottom of the screen and a start menu on the left end of that bar.

Like this:

http://www.fvwm.org/screenshots/Tenebrae-desk-800x600.gif

Right?  Well, maybe without so much junk all over it.  ;)
This was with FVWM 2.2.4 under RedHat 6.2.

> client/server development and testing.

I'm running FVWM 2.4.4-2 under RedHat 7.2 now.  It took some work to
convert the dot file to work with the newer version.  I think the default
version that RedHat 7.2 installs with is 2.2.5-4, but you can get the
newer version from www.fvwm.org.  I suggest upgrading to the latest
version.  After you update, run fvwm24_convert to convert the 2.2.x dot
file to 2.4 syntax.  It won't pick up everything, though.  You'll still
have to edit things by hand.

> Are the files missing altogether from RedHat 7.2, or somewhere else?

Well, it would help if you listed some of the files and some of the error
messages.

> I'm ready to use documentation, but I don't find it in ReadHat 7.2.

rpm -qa |grep -i fvwm

What are the results?
Just covering the obvious (is it installed and if so, what version?).
"man fvwm2" should bring up the man pages.
								-Tenebrae.