Subject: FVWM: Problem with Transient Windows

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 11:28:32 +0100

Hello,

does anybody know how it is possible to unplug the minimize and maximize
button from the top right corner of a transient window? It is important for
me to unplug these buttons only from the transient window and not strictly
for all windows. Unset the style 'DecorateTransient' isn't the solution
because it should be possible to grapp and move the window across the
screen.

Best regards
Joern

[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:22:16 +0000

> because it should be possible to grapp and move the window across the

If an application is well behaved, it is usually enough to specify:

  Style * MwmDecor

Depending on your window button setup, you may also need to specify which
button is MwmDecorMax and which is MwmDecorMin using ButtonStyle command.

  ButtonStyle 2 - MwmDecorMax
  ButtonStyle 4 - MwmDecorMin

Other solution (I don't think it would be needed) is to explicitly disable
certain buttons for specific windows:

  Style MyTransientWindow NoButton 2, NoButton 4

If you have problems, send Style + ButtonStyle commands from your config.

Regards,
Mikhael.