Subject: FVWM: Autodisabling menu entries.

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 22:36:15 +0100 (CET)

I have set 
Style * MWMFunction
set in my config file. This makes the menualternatives like
resize,mimimize and so on grayed out for some windows based on hints.

Is it possible to get the same effect for windows that have styles such as
FixedPosition set? Ie. in this case it would gray out the menu item
corresponding to the function "Move".

//Marcus

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:34:06 +0100

> corresponding to the function "Move".

Not at the moment, but consider that implemented in a moment.  The
code is already there, but it checks only for the mwm hints.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Richard Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:55:45 +0000

> code is already there, but it checks only for the mwm hints.

I did a similar thing to allow title bar buttons to be drawn 'sunken' based on
the layer the window is in (I have title bar buttons set up to put the window
in layer 2, 4, or 6, as a kind of "stay on top", "stay on bottom" or "float
normally" facility).

I posted my patches (for 2.4.3 I think) to fvwm-workers last December : see

    http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/0112/msg00093.html

but never got any feedback on them :-(

My patch basically just extended the set of 'MWM hints' to include a layer
number option.

HTH
Richard

-- 
Richard \\\ SuperH Core+Debug Architect ///            .... At home ...
  P.    /// [email-masked]      /// [email-masked]
Curnow  \\\ http://www.superh.com/    ///      www.rrbcurnow.freeuk.com
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:21:04 +0100

> but never got any feedback on them :-(

Sorry.  At the moment, I'm very slowly working through the backlog
in my mail box.  I'll eventually get to the mails from last year,
but I can't promise anything.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:12:32 +0100 (CET)

> code is already there, but it checks only for the mwm hints.

That's great! Thanks a lot!
By the way, I noticed using the latest snapshot version, some programs
automatically gets a mini icon in the window list (kmail for example).
Is this specific for KDE apps? (I know it's possible to assign mini icons
manually in the config..)

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:47:50 +0000

> manually in the config..)

Yes, Olivier added an EWMH support in pre 2.5.0, which is on by default.
So KDE 2.x (and maybe GNOME 2.x) apps should be better integrated out of
the box. See the EWMH section in the man page, everything is configurable.

Regards,
Mikhael.