Subject: FVWM: Re: Notification: incoming/844

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:21:10 +0100

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 03:04:28PM -0600, fvwm-bug wrote:
> FVWM Bug Tracking notification
> 
> new message incoming/844
> 
> Full_Name: Mark Nejedlo
> Version: 2.4.4
> CVS_Date: 
> OS: Linux
> X_Server: XFree86 4.0.3
> Submission from: (NULL) (144.92.164.201)
> 
> 
> The default rule "IgnoreModifiers L" is not in effect and adding it
> explicitly does not cause caps_lock to be ignored.  "IgnoreModifiers 2"
> does cause caps_lock to be ignored.

Normally, the caps-lock key is mapped to the 'lock' modifier on
your X server.  It seems that for some reason  this is not the
case on your machine.  The modifier 2 should be normally mapped to
num-lock, not caps-lock.  You can check which modifiers are bound
to which key by issuing

  $ xmodmap

on the command line.  You can either fix this or just use the
IgnoreModifiers command.  To get the bindings right, the commands

  $ xmodmap -e "clear Lock"
  $ xmodmap -e "clear Mod2"
  $ xmodmap -e "add Lock = Caps_Lock"
  $ xmodmap -e "add Mod2 = Num_Lock"

should do (but that depends on how your xmodmap looks).  For a
more detailed description, please check Q 5.5 in the fvwm FAQ and
the xmodmap man page.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mark Nejedlo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:00:46 -0600

No, I just didn't read the manual page carefully and typed even less 
carefully.  My keys aren't mismapped,  I guess my message should be 
that it would be nice if the num_lock was ignored by default.  I'm 
probably not the only person who doesn't think of num_lock as a 
global modifier.  Thanks
Mark
-- 
Mark Nejedlo	[email-masked]
		http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~nejedlo

	Xander: Robots are the strangest people.
	Buffy: No, people are the strangest people.