Subject: FVWM: [FVWM][LOG] in 2.4.x, x>0

From: Moritz Barsnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 18:46:00 +0100

Hi,

[I'm not subscribed to the list, but do read it on the Web after asking
 questions ;-)]

I suppose it is since updating from fvwm-2.4.0 to 2.4.4, I get these
log messages on my console:

[FVWM][LOG]: 18:36:00    158  Raise
[FVWM][LOG]: 18:36:22   2216  Raise
[FVWM][LOG]: 18:36:22     10  GotoPage 0 1
[FVWM][LOG]: 18:36:23     94  Raise
[FVWM][LOG]: 18:36:39   1614  Raise

And so on. Very informative, but I don't really want them normally.  :)

I don't know what has changed between these versions (well, I _do_
know, I can see the ChangeLog ;->). I suppose it has something to do
with FVWM_DEBUG_MSGS or FVWM_COMMAND_LOG.

My build configuration was identical for both versions:

--enable-static --enable-shared --with-glib-prefix=/opt/proj/WDM/tools 
--with-gtk-prefix=/opt/proj/WDM/tools --with-gnome=/usr/local
--enable-gnome --enable-move-bug-workaround --with-imlib-prefix=/usr/local
--without-mit-ext --enable-command-log
--with-stroke-includes=/opt/proj/WDM/tools/include

Could it be that the meaning of "--enable-command-log" has changed? A
look at configure.in tries to tell me that it now has the functionality
which used to be in "--enable-debug-msgs"?

Is there any way I can set this log off through runtime configuration?
Or "Misc Config Opts"¹?  :)

Or do I have to rebuild?

TIA,
Moritz

¹ In my menues, this is things like "ChangeDefaultFocus SloppyFocus".
  Copied with pride.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:57:32 -0500

> [I'm not subscribed to the list, but do read it on the Web after asking

We usually cc the poster.

> [FVWM][LOG]: 18:36:00    158  Raise
...
> And so on. Very informative, but I don't really want them normally.  :)
...
> which used to be in "--enable-debug-msgs"?

I don't think so, the "--enable-debug-msgs" option is still there.

> Or "Misc Config Opts"¹?  :)

I think you have to rebuild.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].