Subject: FVWM: Keyboard Malfunction

From: "Hoshino, Daisuke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 12:11:53 +0900

we have been testing out SunBlade100 and encountering a keyboard
malfunction.

keyboard functions normally when machine is logged-in with CDE or at the
login screen.
on the contrary, when logged in using fvwm some keys do not function
properly
(ie "a","q","space-bar" etc.. keys appear as "^[" )
We tried several login attempts, including using root to log-in from the
console.

could you shed some lights on this issue please?

thanks,
Daisuke
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:59:40 +0100

> could you shed some lights on this issue please?

CDE may be modifying the tty settings of terminal windows or the
keyboard layout of the X server.  If you compare the output of

  $ stty -a 

from fvwm and CDE, are there any differences?  Likewise, is the
output of

  $ xmodmap -pk

identical?

You could also try running fvwm under CDE.  You can find the
instructions to set this up in question 2.2 in the fvwm FAQ.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].