Subject: FVWM: Getting rid of M-Tab menu

From: [email-masked] (David S. Goldberg)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:10:24 -0500

At work, running 2.4.0 on a Sun Solaris box, I have in my .fvwm2rc

Key Tab A M -

which successfully turns off the built in menu.  It's difficult to use
XEmacs when the WM intercepts M-Tab :-)

Last night I (finally!) upgraded fvwm at home to 2.4.3.  I use the
same .fvwm2rc file (FvwmM4 is a big help here) but the above line
appears to have no effect.  However, it does the right thing if I
input that into an FvwmConsole.  Should I downgrade to 2.4.0 at home?
Is there some linux issue I'm not taking into account?  I run RH6.2
with kdm turned on for login purposes.  I have no problem turning it
off if that would help.

Thanks,
-- 
Dave Goldberg
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:43:09 +0100

> input that into an FvwmConsole.  Should I downgrade to 2.4.0 at home?

You should rather upgrade to 2.4.4.  2.4.3 and below had some
rather unpleasant side effects with key bindings that have been
fixed in 2.4.4.

> Is there some linux issue I'm not taking into account?

No, this is purely an fvwm issue. 

> I run RH6.2

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: [email-masked] (David S. Goldberg)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:46:00 -0500

>>>>> On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:43:09 +0100, Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> said:

> rather unpleasant side effects with key bindings that have been

The best thing about email is that you all can't see me blushing right
now.  I should have checked the web page for a newer version first.

Thanks,

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:50:59 +0100

> now.  I should have checked the web page for a newer version first.

Anyway, please report back if you can fix your problem.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: [email-masked] (David S. Goldberg)
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:16:19 -0500

>>>>> On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:50:59 +0100, Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> said:

> Anyway, please report back if you can fix your problem.

Yup, upgrading to 2.4.4 solved the problem.  Now to get my sysadmin to
upgrade at work.  Good thing he works for me :-)