Subject: Re[2]: FVWM: 2 states for a doc

From: Fabien VILLARD <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Jan 2002 10:57:07 +0100

>I think a command summary in the man page would be not that helpful. The

	Of course, it would :-)
	First, a list of "grand concepts" : layers, styles, frames,
desktop, pages... with minimal explanations.
	Second a list of functionnalities : style commands, functions,
menus commands, generic commands, mouse functionnalities, keybord
functionalities, and so on, with very short descriptions, or even
nothing at all.
	Third, and last, the exhaustive list of reserved words, without
any explanation.

	The important thing is that the words apearing in those lists
must match exactly the paragraphes titles and the later references
to the paragraphes titles made in the whole text. So, you can do
searches in manpage pagers, get new ideas by reading the keywords
(which are very significant in fvwm) and get rapidly through the
main principles of the soft. Without having to browse trough a large
set of html files where you can't do global searches easily :-)

	Fab.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].