Subject: FVWM: Slight keyboard problem

From: Marc Greene <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:08:20 -0800 (PST)

Hello, I've been having a bit of difficulty with an fvwm 'keyboard
accelerator'. My problem is that when I press <Alt-F1> to bring up the
WindowList, it goes away as soon as I release <Alt>, and before I've had a
chance to key in my selection. This behavior only effects the left <Alt>
button. The right <Alt> button performs correctly, as does bringing up
WindowList with mouse button 3. Oddly both <Alt> buttons function
correctly when using accelerators defined for <F2>, <F3> etc. I'm
connecting to a remote Xserver (XwinPro5.3) running on windows98 if that's
relevant.

The problem began after I installed SGL (niche linux distro) which builds
fvwm from the latest sources (2.4.4), and I tried using my same config
file that I've been using with older versions (I was previously using
2.2.4 with RH linux).

I'm defining this behavior in my .fvwm2rc file:

# Keyboard accelerators
Key F3          A       M       Popup "Utilities"
Key F2          A       M       Menu "Window Ops"
Key F1          A       M       WindowList

# Button    Context Modifi  Function
Mouse 3         R       A       WindowList

It's not a critical issue, but it's kind of a pain forcing myself to use
the right alt button when I'm use to the left :-)

Ideas anyone?

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 19:35:29 +0000

> Key F2          A       M       Menu "Window Ops"

To disable the ALT-auto-selects-on-release behavior, use:

  Key F1          A       M       WindowList SelectOnRelease

Regards,
Mikhael.