Subject: FVWM: Re: Question about buttons...

From: "Tony J. White" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 11:27:39 -0600 (CST)

As Dominik pointed out, when you swallow an application in a button, fvwm
will not trap mose clicks on the swallowed app because they will be passed
on to the application.

However, if you provide a 'Title' to the button, the Title string will be drawn
under the swallowed app.  Clicking on this Title text does NOT get passed
to the application.

Here's roughly what I use for my xclock:

(1x1, \
	Title 'Clock', \
	Swallow(UseOld,NoHints,Respawn) "xclock" \
	'Exec exec xclock -bg white -fg black -hd black -hl black \
	-padding 0 ', \
	Action(Mouse 1) 'Exec xterm -e sudo ntpdate clock.via.net')

-Tony

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].