Subject: FVWM: Windows spawnning...

From: Adam Courchesne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 07:25:15 -0500

I thought I read somewhere that you can configure FVWM to prevent
unwantd window spawning:
(I.E. Like when a webpage spawns off several separate other pages of
advertisements)
Is this true?  Is it documented in the documentation as to how to set it
up?
Thanks,

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:51:54 +0000

> Is this true?  Is it documented in the documentation as to how to set it

There is no general solution. First you should formulate yourself what you
want to do. For example, in your case FVWM can't distinguish from you
opening a new browser window using a menu and the browser opening a new
window using javascript. You may configure a browser to disable javascript.

If you know an unwanted window name and it is unique, you may start it
on Desk number N or start it iconified, both using the Style command.
Or you may use FvwmEvent module to Close such window when it appears,
see FAQ question 3.18.

Regards,
Mikhael.