Subject: Re: FVWM: ICQ webbie

From: Denis Perelyubskiy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 19:35:48 -0800

* Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]> [25-Nov-01 04:06 -0800]:
  >
  >When running the "ICQ lite" applet (www.icq.com/icqwebbie).
  >Sometimes when double clicking on a contact (to send) the popup is
  >borderless.
  [...]

actually, this is interesting, but it happened just now, and
FvwmInfo does not produce anything, when i click on my
FvwmInfo menu entry, and then click on the window with the
little plus-looking mouse pointer.

Further, my xterm windows are placed behind that borderless
window, as if it is "stays on top"

Finally, when windows do come up with a border, i have
active placement on, and i have to click twice to place that
window. the first time it just draws the border, so i click,
nothing happens, but the second time i click, it actually
gets placed....

denis

-- 
// mailto: Denis Perelyubskiy <[email-masked]>
// icq   : 12359698
// PGP   : http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~denisp/files/pgp.asc
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 08:41:27 -0500

> little plus-looking mouse pointer.

I guess you mean FvwmIdent.

> window, as if it is "stays on top"

It sounds like the window is overrideredirect.

If you run xwininfo that may prove it.
You may have to play around with xwininfo to get it to
show you the information for that window, normally you just
start it and click on the window in question.
If that fails, you can try:

xwininfo -root -all

which dumps out information for all your windows.

> nothing happens, but the second time i click, it actually

Thats weird.  Perhaps its just slow?

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].