Subject: FVWM: switching input locale

From: Johannes Zellner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 11:34:25 +0100

Hi,

I can configure Windows to switch between different input locales
(key-mappings) by pressing <shift-alt>.

Can I get this also on X ? -- I'd like to switch between the
standard US 'qwerty' and the german 'qwertz' for example.

-- 
   Johannes
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 06:32:55 -0500

> standard US 'qwerty' and the german 'qwertz' for example.

You can remap the keyboard with xmodmap.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 12:42:40 +0000

> standard US 'qwerty' and the german 'qwertz' for example.

Enter "qwertz" to a web search engine. I got links to several applications
and applets doing this by one mouse click or one key press.

Regards,
Mikhael.