Subject: FVWM: The title bar, click action and double click

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 19:19:32 +0100 (CET)

I have this mapping for mouse with regard to the title bar:

# the title bar
Mouse 1	T	A	Move-or-Raise-Maximize

......

AddToFunc Move-or-Raise-Maximize		
+				"C" Raise
+				"M" Move
+  				"D" Maximize

Now when I just click (without moving the pointer) the title bar is kept
"pressed in" for a short while before the window gets raised.
I guess this is because fvwm waits for a next click to determine if
there's a double click (becuase the time is affected by
"ClickTime" command). Is there a way to get the effect that the window is
raised immediately after mouse button is realeased (if there was no
movement)?

Is guess that this could perhaps be prevented by the current
implementaion, as it appears to be waiting for an eventual next click
during that "pressed in" time.

//Marcus  

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Glen Lee Edwards <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 16:53:51 -0600

Marcus,

If your function is defined with a double click option:

you can shorten the wait by lowering your ClickTime.  Mine is set to 250.  If it
doesn't have a double click option:

You can change the "C" to "I" and it will respond immediately.  Actually it will
respond almost immediately even with "C" if you remove the double click line.

Glen