Subject: FVWM: Icons with a frame.

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 19:23:14 +0100 (CET)

There was some talk a while ago about MWM-style icons with a border and a
background (non transparent).
Someone said he was looking at the icon code to try to make a patch for
this.
Has any of this been done?

I understand if that person did "to that on ice", because this is probably
some work to implement.

//Marcus

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: jos van riswick <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 00:01:16 +0100

HI

uumm.. I did look at that, but it turned out to
be too involved. I have to little time to really dig
into the code enough...

jos

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 22:51:40 +0100 (CET)

> be too involved. I have to little time to really dig

I also took a look at it. It seems, if I'm not mistaken, that it's icons.c
that's responsible for the actual drawing/creating the icon windows. Also
some new code handling a new Style directive would be needed I think.

Something like: Style * MWMIcon [width] [height]

There is also a datatype FVWMWindow that seems to contain among others
fields for styles.

Maybe if I get some time during the hollidays I could look into this
further. But as you say it's probably quite much work.

//Marcus