Subject: FVWM: Upgrading from FVWM 2.2.x to 2.4.x

From: Kieron Dunbar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 02:22:55 +0000

I recently downloaded FVWM 2.4.0 from Debian and installed it with dpkg.
Unfortunately, this caused it to ignore the configuration in my home directory
entirely in favour of what I assume to have been the configuration in
/etc/X11/fvwm. Replacing the files there with the configuration in my home
directory solved some of the problems, but there were many (such as the right
mouse button mimicing the left one if pressed whilst I am moving a window) which
I didn't manage to solve. Reinstalling 2.2.5 removed all of this unpleasantness.

I would quite like to have a more up-to-date version of FVWM, however, so I'm
curious as to what I'd need to do to update it without causing the look and feel
of my desktop to change too much.

-- 
kwaheri, Kieron             (reverse username to reply)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].