Subject: FVWM: FvwmEvent problem on dual screens (resubmit)

From: Gregg Dameron <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:52:24 -0700

(Author's note:  I submitted this question a while back, but no one had
an answer.)

I am running 2.4.3 on a dual screen Sparc (Solaris 7) - not a Xinerama
setup, so I have two instances running.

I have configured FvwmEvent per FAQ 3.18 to look for new windows.  My
"Cmd" just Echo's the window ID (for now).  Problem is, if a new window
pops up asynchronously (simulated by "sleep 5 ; xterm &") and if the
pointer is not on the screen where the new window appears, the pointer
is warped to 0,0 of the new window's screen.  Since I use SloppyFocus,
whatever I am doing is interrupted until I pull the pointer back to
where it was.  (I've set "Style * GrabFocusOff".)  The problem doesn't
occur if FvwmEvent isn't running.

Is there a way to suppress the pointer warping?

Thanks for any help.

Gregg Dameron

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 18:24:38 +0100

> Is there a way to suppress the pointer warping?

Fixed.  The fix will be in the 2.4.5 and 2.5.0 releases.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].