Subject: FVWM: Question about buttons...

From: Paolo Perego <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 11:50:01 +0100

Hi guys. A stupid question about buttons for you. I've got a button on which I
swallowed xclock. As action I decided to run xmessage displaying the output of
"cal" command. If the mouse is over the button and I pressed "enter" xmessage
is displayed, double-clicking on it results in nothing, why? 

Fvwm:2.4.3
Thanx (apologize for my english)
-- 
$>cd /pub
$>more beer

(0>
//\  Perego Paolo <[email-masked]> - www.sikurezza.org/angel
V_/_ 'It's seems the hardest life I've never known'
I'm Linux drow 2.4.7-4GB - SuSE Linux 7.3 (i386) powered.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 15:25:47 +0100

> is displayed, double-clicking on it results in nothing, why? 

Can you provide your FvwmButtons configuration lines?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 23:41:38 +0100

> is displayed, double-clicking on it results in nothing, why? 

Could you post your FvwmButtons configuration?  I don't quite
understand the problem and I guess looking at the config will
clarify things.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Andreas Herceg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 23:56:28 +0100

| Could you post your FvwmButtons configuration?  I don't quite
| understand the problem and I guess looking at the config will
| clarify things.

Is there a reason for posting this twice?
-- 
Andreas Herceg
[email-masked]

---

From: Paolo Perego <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 08:44:45 +0100

> understand the problem and I guess looking at the config will
Sure I'll sent as attachment

Bye
-- 
$>cd /pub
$>more beer

(0>
//\  Perego Paolo <[email-masked]> - www.sikurezza.org/angel
V_/_ 'It's seems the hardest life I've never known'
I'm Linux drow 2.4.16-4GB - SuSE Linux 7.3 (i386) powered.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 09:59:16 +0100

> Can you provide your FvwmButtons configuration lines?

Ah, I see.  You are using a 'feature' that works only by chance
and is not properly implemented.  Although the syntax allows to
bind actions to buttons with a swallowed window.  For mouse clicks
this only works on the relief of the button, not on the
application window itself (because the application gets the click,
not FvwmButtons).  With key presses it only works if the
application window does not want keyboard input itself.  If you
had an xterm instead of the xclock, the key press would go to the
xterm (I think).

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].