Subject: FVWM: ManualPlacement w/Xinerama

From: "Tony J. White" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:23:35 -0600 (CST)

Manual Placement wasn't working right for me with Xinerama.  On Screen 0
(left) the rubber band of a new window would be correctly placed under
my mouse cursor.  On Screen 1, the rubber band of a new window would be
placed on the next Desk to the right of Screen 1 (a.k.a off by one Screen).

I fixed the problem by changing line 822 of placment.c from:

FScreenGetScrRect(NULL, FSCREEN_GLOBAL, &mx, &my, NULL, NULL);

to

FScreenGetScrRect(NULL, FSCREEN_CURRENT, &mx, &my, NULL, NULL);

I haven't noticed any side effects yet, so possibly that's the way it was
meant to be.

-Tony

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:32:19 +0100

> I haven't noticed any side effects yet, so possibly that's the way it was

What release do you hav?  2.4.3 (the latest stable release)
already contains that fix.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:32:19 +0100

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:36:54 +0100

> I haven't noticed any side effects yet, so possibly that's the way it was

Ah, I see, you swapped the two lines.  The correct code has
FSCREEN_GLOBAL, not FSCREEN_CURRENT.  I'll apply that patch.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:36:54 +0100

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: "Tony J. White" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:10:52 -0600 (CST)

Dominik,

Sorry for the confusion there.   I've noticed another Xinerama problem that may
be a consiquence of my change, but I haven't verified that yet.

It's pretty minor though.  It's just when I restart fvwm while the mouse
pointer is on Screen 1, fvwm seems to think that Screen 1 is now Screen 0.
Works fine otherwise.

Thanks,

-Tony