Subject: FVWM: Buttons suggestion

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 13:52:20 +0100 (CET)

I have a feature suggestion for FvwmButtons.
To be able to define context help (balloons) for buttons in a button bar
or a panel.
I couldn't find any way to do this, except writing a small wrapper
application that shows the icon and executes the correct command (wouldn't
work with WM builtins) and have copies of that swallowed.

//Marcus

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: KONTRA Gergely <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 15:47:05 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

In fvwm2.4 a label "Desk 0" appears above the pager.
I cannot figure out, how to delete it (with the occupied space).

In the future will it be possible to assign key bindings to FvwmPager or
FvwmTaskBar?

+-[Kontra Gergely @ Budapest University of Technology and Economics]-+
| Email: CHANGED! [email-masked] [email-masked] (old)    |
| URL:   turul.eet.bme.hu/~kgergely    Mobile: (+36 20) 356 9656     |
+-------"Olyan langesz vagyok, hogy poroltoval kellene jarnom!"------+
.
Magyar php mirror es magyar php dokumentacio: http://hu.php.net

---

From: KONTRA Gergely <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 15:50:02 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

I use FvwmTaskBar. I don't set it to AutoHide, because it will not
function properly, as the man says.
Sometimes I want to maximize eg. a Netscape. ok, ok, let it be a vim
instead.
But the maximize function doesn't know much about the TaskBar, and I
cannot see the statusbar, while the TaskBar has the AlwaysOn (sorry
don't remember the correct name) attribute.
How to modify the maximize function, that it will take the taskbar into
consideration, when maximizing?

thx in advance

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:18:50 +0100 (CET)

> I cannot figure out, how to delete it (with the occupied space).

*FvwmPagerFont none

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:31:01 +0100

> consideration, when maximizing?

You can use something like

  Maximize 100 99

This tells fvwm to use only 99% of the height of the screen when
maximizing.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:32:32 +0100

> I cannot figure out, how to delete it (with the occupied space).

Add this line to your config file:

  *FvwmPagerFont         none

> In the future will it be possible to assign key bindings to FvwmPager or

Certainly.  The biggest questin is: who writes the code ;-)

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:34:31 +0100

> work with WM builtins) and have copies of that swallowed.

It would certainly be useful to have a "popup tips" library that
handles all the details.  At the moment, the biggest problem is
that there are too few people who write code at all with too
little time to implement the many suggested enhancements.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 10:57:09 -0500 (EST)

> little time to implement the many suggested enhancements.

A point of information:  I believe that FvwmPager does some sort of tool
tips, so it MAY be possible to take its implementation and turn it into
some sort of library.  Of course, I don't have very much time to spend
on this.  [smile]

-- 
Larry Gensch                                          [email-masked]

            Working for COMPAQ for over a twentieth of a century