Subject: FVWM: Z-order changes of parent windows on transients

From: J C Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 10:25:51 -0800

I recently upgraded to 2.4.x and one of the changes is driving me
nuts:

  (Almost) every time an application pops a transient window it
  moves to the back of the current z-order, sometimes taking the
  transient with it (eg xless), or sometimes leaving the transient
  at the top of the z-order and putting the parent at the bottom.

  Even more annoying is that when the transient closes it doesn't
  always bring the parent back to its original Z-order placement.

So far I've been unable to see what might be in my RC that's causing
this, or something in the man page to turn it off.

RC: ftp://ftp.kanga.nu/pub/users/claw/screenshots/Desktop/fvwm2rc

-- 
J C Lawrence
---------(*)                Satan, oscillate my metallic sonatas.
[email-masked]               He lived as a devil, eh?
http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/  Evil is a name of a foeman, as I live.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 19:53:32 +0100

> this, or something in the man page to turn it off.

You should try if

  Style * DontStackTransientParent, DontRaiseTransient, DontLowerTransient

works better for you.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: J C Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 20:20:52 -0800

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001 19:53:32 +0100 

>   Style * DontStackTransientParent, DontRaiseTransient,

Thanks, that did it.