Subject: FVWM: FvwmTaskBar and WindowListSkip

From: "Tony J. White" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:07:19 -0600 (CST)

I just started using FvwmTaskBar and have noticed a small bug.

I have the UseSkipList option set for the FvwmTaskBar.  And have the Style
for Fvwm* set to the WindowSkipList via:
Style Fvwm*       NoTitle,  Sticky, WindowListSkip, HandleWidth 0

I have 3 Panels that swallow other applications.  These panels have the
names "FvwmButtonsICQ-Panel", "FvwmButtonsXLoad-Panel", and "FvwmButtons-Panel".
These panels start collapsed when fvwm is started.  At that point, they
don't show up in the FvwmTaskBar.  As soon as they are UnCollapsed,
(DeIconified I think), they show up in the FvwmTaskBar.  When I Collapse
the Panels again, they are removed from the FvwmTaskBar.  At no point do
the Panels show up in the WindowList.

To see what I'm talking about, see http://tjw.org/screen/

I've looked at FvwmTaskBar.c and can't find anything obviously wrong there.
I thought perhaps it's a Problem with DO_SKIP_WINDOW_LIST() or
IsItemIndexSkipWindowList(), but then why does the WindowList behave correctly?

Linux 2.4.13
XFree86 4.1.0 (Xinerama)
fvwm 2.4.3

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:44:37 +0100

> the Panels show up in the WindowList.

Perhaps I can reproduce that with your config file.

> IsItemIndexSkipWindowList(), but then why does the WindowList behave correctly?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:44:37 +0100

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: "Tony J. White" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:05:09 -0600 (CST)

Dominik,

I added links to the bottom of http://tjw.org/screen/ to my current config
files.

There are two taskbars running (both with ScreenOnly).  ConfigFvwmLeftTaskBar
and ConfigFvwmRightTaskBar are the relevant config files.

Thanks.

-Tony