Subject: Re: FVWM: next (panel) move

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 21:45:43 +0100

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 02:38:04PM +0200, Riswick, J.G.A. van wrote:
> HI
> 
> Another small question. I'm writing a gnome panel
> applet and I'd like to make it so that a mouse
> click on a part of the applet, causes a 'move' 
> action to be started for the entire panel. So I 
> thought I'd maybe use FvwmCommand to do this. But
> >from FvwmConsole
> 
> next (panel,acceptsfocus) move
> 
> doesn't work. I also tried 'panel_resource' instead
> of 'panel'. Any suggestions on how to make this 
> work? 

The GNOME panels explicitly forbids fvwm to move it by settin one
of these (braindead) GNOME hints.  Normally, you can only move it
by pushing a button somewhere inside the panel and dragging.

However, using

  Style panel GnomeIgnoreHints

should have allowed you to move the panel, but didn't.  There was
a well hidden bug in the handling of some gnome hints, but that
should be fixed as soon as I can connect the fvwm cvs server to
commit my patch.

But -- the patch won't help you at all.  Although you can move the
panel araound as you like, the panel will snap back to the
original position as soon as you release the mouse button :(  I
guess you'll have to flame the gnome developers about this ;-)

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].