Subject: FVWM: FvwmPager -transient

From: "Riswick, J.G.A. van" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:54:35 +0100

HI

FvwmPager -transient lets pop up fvwmpager in a menu-
like fashion eg

Mouse 2	R A Module FvwmPager -transient 0 8 

lets pop up the pager when one presses the root window,
and upon pressing on a page or desk, fvwmpager goes
away again. The difference with a menu is, that the pager
does not appear until the mousebutton has been released.
To switch to a certain desk, one then has to use a second
mouseclick. Whereas in a menu, one can invoke an item by
releasing the mouse, so here one needs only one mouseclick
to get someting done. Is it possible to get this type of 
behaviour in with a transient fvwmbuttons?

best regards

jos
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:31:49 +0100

> behaviour in with a transient fvwmbuttons?

Not easily.  The transient pager has to grab the pointer so that
it pops down reliably upon the next click.  But it can't grab it
unless fvwm releases it, i.e. you release the button.  This is not
a problem with menus because menus are handled by the same
application, i.e. fvwm.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:43:47 -0500

> a problem with menus because menus are handled by the same

If fvwm grabbed the pointer between the time the transient pager
was invoked and the transient pager appeared, wouldn't the grab by
the pager just get queued up?

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:31:30 +0100

> the pager just get queued up?

No, grab attempts don't queue.  You simply get an error when
trying.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^