Subject: FVWM: debian extra 2.2 -> 2.4 howto?

From: KONTRA Gergely <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 20:19:33 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

I've compiled fvwm 2.4, but I've forgotten, that debian comes with a
little extra... hooks...
How to get this extra?

How to convert 2.2 files to 2.4 files?

+-[Kontra Gergely @ Budapest University of Technology and Economics]-+
| Email: CHANGED! [email-masked] [email-masked] (old)    |
| URL:   turul.eet.bme.hu/~kgergely    Mobile: (+36 20) 356 9656     |
+-------"Olyan langesz vagyok, hogy poroltoval kellene jarnom!"------+
.
Magyar php mirror es magyar php dokumentacio: http://hu.php.net

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 08:19:57 -0500

> I've compiled fvwm 2.4, but I've forgotten, that debian comes with a

Sorry, I don't know how debian is set up.

> How to convert 2.2 files to 2.4 files?

2.4 comes with a Perl script that does the conversion,
fvwm24_convert.  Theres an easy to fix bug in the 2.4.0
conversion script, but you should use 2.4.3 instead of 2.4.0
anyway.  The bug is fixed in 2.4.3.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: KONTRA Gergely <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 17:49:26 +0100 (CET)

>Sorry, I don't know how debian is set up.
Ok. It sets up a nice system-wide config, and a menu called "/Debian",
which contains the installed programs, an fvwm module list menu...

And this config Reads quietly hook files before and after building up
menus...

By the way, how to setup a side Picture for the menu /Debian? I read the
man, and tried to write the parameter as Debian /Debian
"Debian" "/Debian" but neither works. I can add a side picture to ALL
menus BTW...

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 15:39:35 -0500

> "Debian" "/Debian" but neither works. I can add a side picture to ALL

Hmm, I didn't know menu names could have a slash in them.
It doesn't seem like a good idea to name a menu that way.

Anyway, I believe this will work:

MenuStyle /Debian SidePic side.fvwm2.xpm, SideColor black
ChangeMenuStyle /Debian /Debian