Subject: FVWM: Opaque moving with FvwmPager

From: Tom Alsberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 10:31:23 +0200

Hi there.
  Is it possible to cause windows' movement to be shown on the screen
(not necessarily opaque, maybe an outline) when dragging them in the
FvwmPager? If so, how do I set it so?

  Thanks, answer appreciated,
  -- Tom

-- 
  Tom Alsberg - certified insane, complete illiterate.
        e-mail: <[email-masked]>
	Homepage: http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~alsbergt/
  * An idea is not responsible for the people who believe in it.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:30:58 +0100

> FvwmPager? If so, how do I set it so?

Well, you already answered your own question in the subject.  If
windows are moved as a wire frame, fvwm draws directly onto the
screen.  To prevent other applications from painting over this, it
grabs the X server, i.e. forbids all other applications, including
the pager, to do anything on the screen.  If windows are moved
opaque, this is not necessary, i.e. window motion is visible in
the pager.  Put this in your config file:

  OpaqueMoveSize 100

(or if some windows move too slow, decrease the value).

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 13:16:22 +0000

> (or if some windows move too slow, decrease the value).

Tom asked another question, he wants to drag a mini window in FvwmPager
and see the real window moved on the screen synchronously.

I don't think this is possible with the current code.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Tom Alsberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 17:12:38 +0200

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 12:30:58PM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
<snip />
> Put this in your config file:
> 
>   OpaqueMoveSize 100
> 

  I already have this line in my .fvwm2rc... When I drag windows in
the pager I still don't see them moving on screen...

  I'm using the latest FVWM, BTW (version 2.4.3).

  Any further help appreciated,
  -- Tom

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 16:21:21 +0100 (CET)

>   I'm using the latest FVWM, BTW (version 2.4.3).

It only works the other way around, opaque move of the "real" window
reflects as opaque move in the pager.
Maybe the movement on the screen would be rather choppy, if you could do
opaque move that way, because the speed of movement will be "geared up" so
to say...

//Marcus

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 10:28:05 -0500

> the pager I still don't see them moving on screen...

Thats not possible currently.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 17:28:18 +0100

> Thats not possible currently.

As far as I can remember, the pager once had this feature, but it
was removed because it didn't work properly.  But I'm not really
sure about this.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^