Subject: FVWM: theme help

From: Stan Benoit <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 17:20:24 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

running 2.4.3

What file do I need to edit/add to the .fvwm directory to initialize a
specific theme at start?

-- 
Stan Benoit<[email-masked]>
http://home.ptd.net/~sab7

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Alex Wallis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 11:50:58 +1030

> What file do I need to edit/add to the .fvwm directory to initialize a

By itself, fvwm offers just a basic default configuration, requiring an
extra add-on package to allow switchable desktop themes.

You do not mention it so one can only assume that you have not yet
installed fvwm-themes available at http://fvwm-themes.sourceforge.net/
which would not only save your last loaded configuration but also offers
session management support.

As far as I know this is the only official fvwm theme engine, and
although there are several other theme formats for older versions of
fvwm, none have the features, support and the continuous development
concurrent with the latest fvwm development version, like the
fvwm-themes project enjoys.

Please supply more details of your actual configuration if you require
further assistance.

Alex

=========================================
Project Leader for http://fvwm.themes.org
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Stan Benoit <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 09:21:36 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for the URL. The README pointed to an error that was in my .xinitrc
file. I put /usr/bin/fvwm-themes-start in my .xinitrc file.

thanks,