Subject: FVWM: SECOND REQUEST: How to start in the same window

From: David <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 21:27:13 GMT

Hello,

I am using fvwm2 with sample2 startup and each time it seems 
fvwm2 starts up in a different one of the 9 windows in the
primary desktop.

How do I get it to start up in the same window each time,
preferably the upper left window?

David
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 17:00:23 -0500

> preferably the upper left window?

Sorry, I don't think I understood the question the first time
around.

Well, I'm not sure I do this time either.

I'm guessing that you use "session management" and fvwm is
restarting in the desk it was in the last time you exited.

I don't use session management, so I'm guessing thats what
it does.

If I'm right so far, you might want to change the way
you exit fvwm so that it first changes to the main window
and then exits.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].