Subject: FVWM: Automatic triggers

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 00:46:13 +0100 (CET)

I just read about menustyles in the man page.
I have MenuStyle * Mwm in my .fvwm2rc.
This implies automatic trigger letter selection is disabled.
I was just wondering how would these triggers work in a multi byte
charset? Would it assign just by the first found unique byte in the string
(working on char's)?
This would impose problems. Would it be possible in this case to specify
"fallback" triggers (using & in the string)?

//Marcus

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 14:42:22 +0100

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 12:46:13AM +0100, Marcus Lundblad wrote:
> charset?

I guess they won't work at all.  There is no code dealing with
multi byte shortcuts in menus.c.

> Would it assign just by the first found unique byte in the string
> (working on char's)?

I think so.

> "fallback" triggers (using & in the string)?

Probably these won't work either since they suffer from the same
problem.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 17:17:00 +0100 (CET)

> Probably these won't work either since they suffer from the same

No, you're right.
You would have to do like this:

+	" <some text...> (&w)" Bla,bla...

will show a menu with a text and an underlined w in parenthisis.
I guess it wouldn't work with autotriggers.