Subject: FVWM: Red Hat 7.1: adding fvwm2 to kdm

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 03:06:05 -0230 (NDT)

Hello,

To enable selection of fvwm2 from the kdm login it is sufficient to add an
entry to add fvwm2 to the SessionTypes line in /etc/X11/xdm/kdmrc and also
add the lines

    fvwm2)
       exec /usr/local/bin/fvwm2
       ;;

in the /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession file.

For some reason the .xsession file in my home directory was not being
detected by the startup scripts so I opted for this alternative.

Have a nice day,

Neil

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 18:11:25 +0200 (CEST)

>        exec /usr/local/bin/fvwm2

A little word of warning: Don't forget the ";;", because then it's not
possible to log in even failsafe. The check for failsafe shouldn't really
be in switch block but rather in an if statement before....

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 13:50:06 +0200

> detected by the startup scripts so I opted for this alternative.

you should: 
	$ chmod +x ~/.xsession
or your RH is broken

Olivier