Subject: FVWM: Retrieving a windows configuration saved and used by an application under fvwm

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:04:34 +0200

Hello,

I'm using fvwm 2.15 and I've the following problem using the SWX Swiss 
Exchange application ebs_fe. This application allows the user to open a 
wide range of windows and to spread them accross all fvwm virtual screens. 
In each window (called views) he can insert as many panes as he wishes. 
Then he can save his configuration. The next time he opens his application 
and configuration, all previous defined windows should open in the right 
virtual screen and with the geometry they had when saved.
Unfortunately, some windows have often shrunk when the configuration is opened. It isn't link with a configuration 
change because it happens regularly (3 times out of 5) even when the 
configuration hasn't been change for weeks.

Is there any known problem under fvwm 2.15 when an application try to open 
some windows of a specific geomerty at a particular spot on the virtual 
screens.

Thanks for your answers.

Nathalie Luvisetto.

************************ DISCLAIMER ************************
This message is intended only for use by the person 
to whom it is addressed. It may contain information 
that is privileged and confidential. Its content does 
not constitute a formal commitment by Lombard Odier. 
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, 
kindly notify the sender immediately and destroy this 
message. Thank You.
*****************************************************************

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 11:54:29 +0200

> some windows of a specific geomerty at a particular spot on the virtual 

There has never been a release number "2.15".  Perhaps you mean
"2.1.5"?  Anyway, the latest stable release is 2.4.3.  It may be
worthwhile to try it out.

> Nathalie Luvisetto.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].