Subject: FVWM: How do I combine decors?

From: Glen Lee Edwards <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 20:27:27 -0500 (CDT)

I'm trying to modify window styles so I can have a different title bar style,
mainly different color gradients, for 3 or 4 programs I use frequently.  Each
program will have it's own unique title bar coloring.  I've found I can do this
with AddToDecor.  However, it seems I have to define everything with scratch
with each decor.

What I need is one decor template that contains the default definitions for
ButtonStyle only, and then an additional decor defined for each window style
that I can combine with the default decor.  For example:

AddToDecor Emacs
 + IncludeDecor Default
 + TitleStyle ActiveUp HGradient 128 3 rgb:60/40/ff 33 rgb:ff/ff/99 34 rgb:ff/ff/99 33 rgb:ff/00/ff
<etc>

Something along those lines.  But I haven't found a way to include the Default
decor's settings in those for Emacs.

Suggestions?

Glen

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 14:46:30 +0000

> decor's settings in those for Emacs.

You can take a look at UseDecor and UseStyle in the man page, but this
probably does not solve your specific problem.

You can't inherit decors and there is no something like CopyDecor command.
But you may simulate this operation using your function, see:

  http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/0011/msg00306.html

Decors do not get along very well with styles. The future of decors
(whether they should be dropped in favor of styles) is still not decided.

Regards,
Mikhael.