Subject: FVWM: gnuserv

From: Daniel Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:47:37 -0700

Howdy, I just started using fvwm2 again after a long Windowmaker
interlude and I'm loving it.  I have one problem however.  I use
gnuserv with xemacs.  This allows me to open new emacs frames using
the gnuclient command.  (These frames are attached to the same xemacs
process.)

What I want is for these windows to appear right where I am (page and
desk wise) just as if I'd run xemacs.  However they now pop up in
strange places.  I wish I could be more exact but unfortunately I
haven't actually figured out exactly what the pattern is.  I think
they seem to show up the last place I used an xemacs frame and I'm
guessing that this has something to do with "window groups".  Am I off
base here?

Clues gratefully accepted.  Thanks, Daniel.

p.s.

% fvwm2 -version
FVWM version 2.4.2 compiled on Oct  4 2001 at 12:47:06
with support for: ReadLine, XPM, GNOME WM hints, SM, Xinerama
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 21:51:00 +0200

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 02:47:37PM -0700, Daniel Wood wrote:
> haven't actually figured out exactly what the pattern is.

> I think
> guessing that this has something to do with "window groups".

Exactly.  With fvwm-2.4.x you can tell fvwm to ignore window
gropu placement with

  Style * ScatterWindowGroups

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Daniel Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 09:47:07 -0700

>   Style * ScatterWindowGroups

I have this line in my .fvwm2rc and it doesn't seem to do anything.
New xemacs windows still appear on desks other than the current one.

Thanks,
Daniel.