Subject: FVWM: RE Icon window decorations

From: "Riswick, J.G.A. van" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 22:43:07 +0200

HI!

I'm looking at how to give icons normal 
window decorations. I think I understand some
of the code, but I don't see directly if it
is possible to use the drawing code for windows
(DrawDecorations function) to also draw the
icon borders, as the icon window is a part of 
the FvwmWindow object (if I am correct). Is it
possible to make some kind of a cast and still
insert the icon window into this function, or 
should I just copy out the drawing code and make
a new function especially for icons?

best regards

jos
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 18:17:45 +0200

> a new function especially for icons?

That's quite a challenge to start with.  The icon code is
completely independent of the window drawing code.  I think the
cleanest way would be to enhance the code in a way so that the
icon window is actually swallowed in a separate FvwmWindow frame.
Fvwm would have to simulate being an application on its own for
that.  But that requires changes all over the place because fvwm
cant't handle its own client windows than normal app windows (e.g.
it should kill the icon's application with "Destroy", not
itself).  Doing it this way would have the advantage that
implementing tear off menus (planned) can possibly reuse parts of
the code.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].