Subject: FVWM: single click to deiconify

From: David Wales <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 17:52:10 +0100

I hate double-clicking to deiconify, so I tried to set single click to
do this:

Mouse 0 1 A Iconify

On my Debian Linux boxes this seems to work just fine. Downloading the
latest fvwm2 release and compiling it on a DEC workstation under Digital
UNIX V4.0E I find a different behaviour: single click deiconifies, but
only when the cursor is moved after the click. The click does not seem
to register until the mouse moves. I have tried playing with ClickTime
and Double ClickTime, but to no avail, you can wait forever and the icon
just stays iconified. 

I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me what I am doing wrong. I
didn't find a solution in the FAQ.

Thanks.

-- 
Dr David J. Wales                
University Chemical Laboratories  email:     [email-masked]
Lensfield Road                    Telephone: +44 (0)1223 336354
Cambridge CB2 1EW                 FAX:       +44 (0)1223 336362
United Kingdom               WWW: http://www-wales.ch.cam.ac.uk
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: E Frank Ball <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 10:16:58 -0700

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 05:52:10PM +0100, David Wales wrote:
} I hate double-clicking to deiconify, so I tried to set single click to
} do this:
} 
} Mouse 0 1 A Iconify
} 
} On my Debian Linux boxes this seems to work just fine. Downloading the
} latest fvwm2 release and compiling it on a DEC workstation under Digital
} UNIX V4.0E I find a different behaviour: single click deiconifies, but
} only when the cursor is moved after the click. The click does not seem
} to register until the mouse moves. I have tried playing with ClickTime

I have this:

Mouse   2       I       A       Iconify

Mouse button two deiconifies icons with a single click.
Works with RedHat, Mandrake, SuSE, and HPUX.

-- 

   E Frank Ball                [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 13:35:18 -0400

> Works with RedHat, Mandrake, SuSE, and HPUX.

Yes but David is trying to get iconify to work
from button 1 (leftmost) on the window using any mouse button.

The "Mouse 0" binding works for me using Solaris and Exceed.

I suspect a problem with the DEC Workstation X server.

If you bring up xev and press the mouse button, do you see
a press reported?

If you then release the button do you see a release reported?

If just click the way you normally do, do you see a press and
a release?

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].