Subject: FVWM: GotoDesktop -1 0 10000

From: "Riswick, J.G.A. van" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 14:26:43 +0200

HI

when I issue the command shown in the 'subject'
several times, the desk also changes to a lower
one when 0 is reached. Is this a feature or a bug?

I'm using fvwm 2.4.2

best regards 

jos

(still working on the icons)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 14:46:41 +0000

> one when 0 is reached. Is this a feature or a bug?

Please describe better the problem. Do you speak about FvwmPager?
The command "GotoDesk -1 0 10000" (not GotoDesktop) works as expected
for me, i.e. does a circulation through desks 2, 1, 0, 10000, 9999,..

Well, after this command, my GNOME pager (Desk Guide) crashed, it can't
work with desk numbers greater than 40, but this is not related.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Alex Wallis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 03:00:38 +0930

> work with desk numbers greater than 40, but this is not related.

Gnome's pager does work well with fvwm desktops, but only with positive
numbered desks. Negative numbers cause the gnome pager applet to crash.

I noticed this some time ago. From what I remember in the X docs, in
theory you could have up to +/- 4 billion desktops, or thereabouts.
Which means that fvwm obeys the X specs, but since gnome crashes, it
does not. At least that's what I think it means. Perhaps some X guru
could explain better.

Alex