Subject: FVWM: Parentheses in ButtonStyle

From: Gregg Dameron <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:46:45 -0700

I am an fvwm95 user who is converting to fvwm2.  I am running 2.4.3 on
Solaris 7.  I ran the "setup 95" script from the root menu, then began
experimenting with my "decorations" file.

The setup 95 script gave me these ButtonStyles:

ButtonStyle     1       MiniIcon (-- flat)
ButtonStyle     all     -- UseTitleStyle Flat
AddButtonStyle  2       Pixmap mini.winXX-close.xpm
AddButtonStyle  4       Pixmap mini.winXX-maximize.xpm
AddButtonStyle  6       Pixmap mini.winXX-minimize.xpm

To keep the fvwm95 look/feel, I wanted buttons 2, 4 & 6 to be raised,
and button 1 to stay flat.  I changed the second line to:

ButtonStyle     Right   -- UseTitleStyle Raised

which worked for 2, 4 & 6 but had the side effect of raising button 1 as
well.  I eventually got what I wanted by changing the first line to:

ButtonStyle     1       MiniIcon -- UseTitleStyle Flat

Oddly, removing the parentheses from the first line is what re-flattened
button 1.  The man page mentions parentheses in the context of multiple
definitions per line, but doesn't shed light on the behavior I'm
seeing.  Can someone explain?

Gregg Dameron