Subject: FVWM: Next version after 2.4.1

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 04:56:27 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

I hope the version coming after 2.4.1 (2.4.2?) will be dedicated to those
innocent Afghans who will die as a result to the US retaliation.

Regards Marcus Lundblad

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Denis Perelyubskiy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 20:15:02 -0700

* Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]> [09-Sat-01 19:57 -0700]:
 
 >I hope the version coming after 2.4.1 (2.4.2?) will be
 >dedicated to those innocent Afghans who will die as a
 >result to the US retaliation.

what are you trying to say? if you are protesting against
_possible_ retaliation, then this surely seems the wrong
place to do that. 

note, i dont want to say whether i agree or disagree with
that point, because i dont want a discussion here. this is
discussed in work-places, newsgroups, chat-rooms, streets.
it does not have to be discussed on mailing lists dedicated
to people helping others to use software programs.

if you are trying to speak out against Dominik's idea, then
you should probably say so. preferrably to developers, and
preferrably in private. there is no reason to just stir up
emotions around here, because i am sure there are people
around here who care about innocent afghans, and innocent
people who died in the attacks (some of them quite possibly
innocent afghans).

please do not take this the wrong way. i am not trying to
tell anyone what to do/not to do/say/not to say/ because
first, i am nobody to do so, second it would not help, and
third i am not a "regular" on this list ...
i guess i am just trying to maybe stop a flame war from
starting out around here

denis

-- 
// mailto: Denis Perelyubskiy <[email-masked]>
// icq   : 12359698
// PGP   : http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~denisp/files/pgp.asc
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 18:57:10 +0200

> _possible_ retaliation, then this surely seems the wrong

Just let me notice a few things:

 - Nothing has happened yet.
 - The life of innocents has always the same value, regardless of
   where they live.
 - It's a completely new situation for me and I am very unsure
   about how to react.  I was very careeful not to write anything
   in the announcement that could possibly hurt others.

> you should probably say so.

Marcus surely wouldn't have put me his name on the list if he
disagreed.

> preferrably to developers, and

Yes, I am willing to discuss with anybody, but let's not do this
on the mailing list.  Anybody is welcome to sent mail to me in
private, or if there are many list members interedsted in this
discussion, it may be an option that Jason adds a temporary new
mailing list (I can't speak for Jason, though).

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Sep 2001 16:28:14 -0500

>>>>> "DV" == Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

DV> Yes, I am willing to discuss with anybody, but let's not do this on the
DV> mailing list.  Anybody is welcome to sent mail to me in private, or if
DV> there are many list members interedsted in this discussion, it may be
DV> an option that Jason adds a temporary new mailing list (I can't speak
DV> for Jason, though).

Yes, I can create a new mailing list if there's need.  Honestly, though, I
hope there isn't.

 - J<