Subject: FVWM: Scrolling the window up into the title bar.

From: Glen Lee Edwards <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 08:56:22 -0500 (CDT)

When I first started using Linux I played with several window managers to see
which one I would like the best.  One of them, don't recall which, had a feature
where the window would scroll up into the title bar, leaving only the bar
visible on the desktop.  I prefer that feature over creating icons for windows
I'm not currently using.  I tried to recreate it in Fvwm using ResizeMove, but I
can't get the window to scroll completely up into the title bar.  Depending on
the program, part of the window always shows.  Is there a way to do this - leave
only the title bar showing?

Thanks,

Glen

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:36:24 -0400

> only the title bar showing?

Look up WindowShade in the man page.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: "Thomas A. Gardiner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:47:20 -0400 (EDT)

Try searching for WindowShade in the fvwm2 man page.

I use: Mouse 0 8 N     WindowShade

Tom

-- 
_________________________________________________________________________
Thomas Gardiner
[email-masked]

University of Rochester
Department of Physics and Astronomy
P. O. Box 270171
Rochester, NY 14627-0171

(716) 275-8557 Office
(716) 275-8527 fax
__________________________________________________________________________

The scientist does not study nature because it is useful; he studies it
because he delights in it, and he delights in it because it is beautiful.
If nature were not beautiful, it would not be worth knowing, and if nature
were not worth knowing, life would not be worth living.- Henri Poincare
__________________________________________________________________________

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 15:52:27 +0200

> only the title bar showing?

The command you are looking for is "WindowShade".  For Example, I
have this line in my config file:

  AddToFunc MoveOrRaise
  + C Raise
  + M Raise
  + M Move
  + D Pick (Shaded) Raise
  + D WindowShade toggle

  Mouse 1 T A Function MoveOrRaise

(assuming you have fvwm-2.4.x.  The syntax differs slightly in
2.2.x).

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].