Subject: FVWM: Answering several RPM related questions

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 18:53:28 +0000

There were several rpm questions that are answered in README linked in:

  http://fvwm-themes.sourceforge.net/rpm/

This page suggest to read README before installing rpms, so please do it.
Here are some unsorted notes, all from README.

Our rpms are not compatible with SuSE, Mandrake, RedHat or any other
Linux distribution rpms and never supposed to be such. If you need
distribution dependent rpms, bug your distributor to provide them.
On the other hand our rpms work nicely on several i386 distributions.

The rpms use --prefix=/usr, so the executable is /usr/bin/fvwm2 and the
system wide configuration directory (FVWM_DATADIR) is /usr/share/fvwm.

RedHat (and several other distros) did not provide libstroke rpm yet,
but you may find an rpm that works on RedHat and SuSE in the url above.

New fvwm-2.4.2 rpms will be added when they are created, this may take
some days, please be patient.

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].