Subject: FVWM: edge

From: Johannes Zellner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 22:35:09 +0200

Hi,

I've

EdgeScroll		100 100

1) I'd like NOT to flip pages if I hit an edge, but don't really
   move too far over the edge.  Suppose I hit the edge, but move
   the pointer just 10 pixels beyond the edge. In this case I'd
   never want to flip.

2) If the pointer is moved more than a certain amount (say 100 pixels)
   I'd like to flip immediately.

I played around with 'EdgeResistance' but didn't get the
desired behaviour.

To summarize: I'd like no time to be applied but edge flipping to be
only dependent on how far I move the pointer outside.

Any hints much appreciated.

-- 
   Johannes
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:03:08 +0200

> I played around with 'EdgeResistance' but didn't get the

Yes, this would be a very desirable feature to have.
Unfortunately, X does not report any mouse movement when the
pointer has already hit the edge.  Therefore, fvwm has no chance
to get the necessary information from X.  Sorry that I can't help
you.

> Any hints much appreciated.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].