Subject: FVWM: proper way to organize desktops to display desk# in windowlist?

From: Denis Perelyubskiy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 18:16:10 -0700

hello,

i am presently using single desktop as DesktopSize 2x2
and a built-in WinList

Couple of questions:
	
	is it possible to either only show entries which belong on the same page or
	make winlist mark page numbers close to their respective entries?

	can i make winlist stick? (i think you can, so "how" ?)

i tried:

DestroyFunc WindowListFunc
AddToFunc WindowListFunc
+ "I" WindowId $0 Iconify -1
+ "I" WindowId $0 Focus
+ "I" WindowId $0 Raise
+ "I" WindowId $0 WarpToWindow 5p 5p
+ "I" WindowId $0 Stick (also tried 'Sticky')

but it did not seem to work.

what am i doing wrong?

thanks (sorry if i am missing something that's in the docs)

denis

-- 
// mailto: Denis Perelyubskiy <[email-masked]>
// icq   : 12359698
// PGP   : http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~denisp/files/pgp.asc
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:11:21 +0200

> 	make winlist mark page numbers close to their respective entries?

  WindowList (CurrentPage)

shows only windows on the current page.  Currently there are no
options that enable displaying the page of a window.

> 	can i make winlist stick? (i think you can, so "how" ?)

No.  The WindowList is simply a menu, and menus block fvwm until
they are closed at the moment.  There are vague plans to support
pinned menus (menus swallowed in a window) some day.  You can also
use the FvwmWinList module (man FvwmWinList) and use

  Style FvwmWinList Sticky

> + "I" WindowId $0 Stick (also tried 'Sticky')

That line makes the selected window sticky, not the window list
itself.

> thanks (sorry if i am missing something that's in the docs)

The options of the WindowList command are not described well in
the man page.  You have to guess what they do from their name.
In addition, the WindowList command supports the same conditions
as the "Current" command.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].