Subject: FVWM: Screen shots - root window auto update

From: Glen Lee Edwards <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 11:25:38 -0500 (CDT)

I have a screen shot at http://members.fcwm.org/glen/fvwm6.jpg you can check
out.

This is of my root window, which I've programmed to hourly download 2 weather
map graphics off the web.  A program called "fly" then creates a black
background and pastes these 2 gif images onto the background.  "display" then
places the new image on my root background.

The text you see across the top is done by creating an FvwmButton, setting the
pixmap to none and no title, which creates a transparent bar.  The bar swallows an
rxvt terminal, which is made transparent by modifying .xDefaults (see man rxvt).

I haven't tweaked this setup yet.  When I have the time I'm going to write a
script to run from the rxvt that will hourly download the current conditions for
my location.  At present what you see is from TkWeather, a program I downloaded
off Fresh Meat.  You have to manually request updates.

Glen

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].