Subject: FVWM: Changed behavior of transient FvwmWinList

From: Bart Schaefer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:32:45 -0700 (PDT)

I saw the short thread about "FvwmWinList Transient" coming up partly
obscured, and I'm glad that particular bug has been fixed.  However, I've
noted another difference in the behavior from that of 2.2.

In 2.2, the configuration line

Mouse 3		R    	A      	FvwmWinList Transient

causes FvwmWinList to really behave like a pop-up menu; that is, it will
appear upon mouse down, and one can drag the pointer over it and let go to
make a selection, or move off it and let go and it will vanish without
making a selection.

Now I find that I have to click-and-release to pop up the "menu" and then
click again to make a selection or dismiss.  I really wanted the 2.2
behavior; as it is now, one might as well use the WindowList builtin.

Is there a way to get the 2.2 behavior back?  Alternately, is there a way
to get the WindowList builtin to behave like a real pull-right sub-menu?

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:30:57 +0200

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 01:32:45PM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> Is there a way to get the 2.2 behavior back?

Not easily.  I think the reason for this is that the transient
FvwmWinList wants to grab the pointer but can't do so until the
button - and thus the passive grab - is released.

> Alternately, is there a way

Since the WindowList is a simple menu, it should already do so:
Click and release to open it in normal menu mode, push and hold to
open it in 'popup' mode (i.e. its closed when the button is
released).

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].