Subject: FVWM: fvwm2 and xlockmore

From: Neil Zanella <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 16:14:47 -0230 (NDT)

Hello,

I am running Red Hat 7.1 with fvwm2 version 2.4.2 and xlockmore 4.17.2.
I log into the server via xdmcp from a separate client computer acting
as an X terminal. I find that xlock works fine when I invoke it from a
kde session by pressing a button on the kiker panel but if I run fvwm2
and type xlock at the command line I get the message
xlock: can not lock foo's display
although my DISPLAY environment variable is correctly set to foo:0.0
where foo is the X client computer. Does anyone know why xlockmore
is working under kde but not under fvwm2?

Thanks,

Neil

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Rainer Koehler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:48:19 -0700

Hi Neil,

> is working under kde but not under fvwm2?

Try to run xlock on the computer acting as X-terminal, or use the
"-remote" option.

HTH
Rainer