Subject: FVWM: 2 screen shots

From: Glen Lee Edwards <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 14:31:43 -0500 (CDT)

Dominik,

I have 2 screen shots for you to check over if you would.  If they meet with
your approval, please feel free to add them to the collection of screen shots on
the fvwm home page:

http://members.fcwm.org/glen/fvwm3.jpg
http://members.fcwm.org/glen/fvwm4.jpg

If you have any suggestions of features fvwm offers that you would like
included, let me know.

Thanks,

Glen

Glen Lee Edwards
[email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:34:24 -0400

> If you have any suggestions of features fvwm offers that you would like

They're both very nice.

Since you included comments in each screenshot,
I'll extract that for the comment that appears next to each thumbnail.

I like the tan thing you are using as a border pixmap.
Would you send me a copy?

It might be a day or 2 before your images make it to the fvwm site.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: J C Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:52:02 -0700

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001 14:31:43 -0500 (CDT) 
Glen Lee Edwards <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Dominik, I have 2 screen shots for you to check over if you would.
> If they meet with your approval, please feel free to add them to
> the collection of screen shots on the fvwm home page:

In the line of sharing:

  ftp://ftp.kanga.nu/pub/users/claw/screenshots/Desktop

Higher numbered images are more recent.  Representative sample with
comments in-image:

  ftp://ftp.kanga.nu/pub/users/claw/screenshots/Desktop/JCL.Desktop.18.png

The relevant .fvwm2rc:

  ftp://ftp.kanga.nu/pub/users/claw/screenshots/Desktop/fvwm2rc

-- 
J C Lawrence
---------(*)                Satan, oscillate my metallic sonatas.
[email-masked]               He lived as a devil, eh?
http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/  Evil is a name of a foeman, as I live.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Andre Bonhote <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 09:42:40 +0200

Hi lads!

Ok, I saw so many nice fvwm2 screenshots today, I can't hold mine back
now:

http://www.fvwm.ch

Don't expect more than a listing. It's nothing done on the page yet,
like coding or something. Volunteers?

CU
Andre
-- 
Why slrn?
Gnus is much too easy...
^L
to pronounce.

---

From: Christian Lyra <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 10:10:57 -0300

ok,

	Ok... one more screenshot.. this is mine 
(http://www.edf.ufpr.br/~lyra/fvwm). Expect no fancy html either :-)

	[ ]s

		Christian Lyra

---

From: Denis Perelyubskiy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 10:29:39 -0700

* Christian Lyra <[email-masked]> [09-Wed-01 07:04 -0700]:
 [...]
 >(http://www.edf.ufpr.br/~lyra/fvwm). Expect no fancy html either :-)
 [...]

ok, so i have to ask.

what is that clock you are running there? looks nice.. :)

thanks,

denis

-- 
// mailto: Denis Perelyubskiy <[email-masked]>
// icq   : 12359698
// PGP   : http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~denisp/files/pgp.asc
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: J C Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:30:08 -0700

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:52:02 -0700 

> Higher numbered images are more recent.  Representative sample
> with comments in-image:

>   ftp://ftp.kanga.nu/pub/users/claw/screenshots/Desktop/fvwm2rc

Sadly we had an ungraceful shutdown shortly after I posted that (the
NOC lost power and the generator didn't kick in fast enough) and
FTPd wasn't restarted for some odd reason I'm still looking into.

<grumble>

Summary: If you had trouble before with the above URLs, it should
work now.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:59:41 -0400

>   ftp://ftp.kanga.nu/pub/users/claw/screenshots/Desktop/fvwm2rc

JC,

  I've added image 18 and your .fvwm2rc to our web site.
I'd expect it to appear in an hour or so.  You hold the record
for running at the highest resolution.

FVWM'rs,

  I've finally given in, and included the fvwm2rc along with this
image.  Please don't flood me with fvwm2rc's for images already
on the site.  You can send them,  I suppose, but it may take a while
til one of us gets to them.

  I'm not going to keep these .fvwm2rc's up to date.  I noticed
JC's .fvwm2rc was using a few obsolete commands.  Thats too bad,
anyone downloading it will have to figure that out.
I also arbitrarily deleted parts I didn't think were of general
interest.

  If anyone submits one, try to clean it up, remove parts that don't
apply and remove commented out lines, etc.

---

From: J C Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:37:17 -0700

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:59:41 -0400 

> I've added image 18 and your .fvwm2rc to our web site.  

<bow>

I see it there now.  Thanks!

> I'd expect it to appear in an hour or so.  You hold the record for
> running at the highest resolution.

Heh.  That's about has high as my G200 will crank.  

> I noticed JC's .fvwm2rc was using a few obsolete commands.  

???  Mind commenting on this briefly?  I've not been aggressive in
maintaining it, but I'm not aware of any ways its particularly out
of date.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 21:53:49 -0400

> maintaining it, but I'm not aware of any ways its particularly out

Based on the latest 2.4.x releases.

I think I saw a hilightcolor command,
its obsolete.

Pixmappath and iconpath are obsolete.
ImagePath is the new command and is only
needed for paths not built in.

You don't need ModulePath.