Subject: FVWM: Statement on today's terrorist attack in the USA

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 23:06:42 +0200

Today, many innocent lifes were ended forcefully by the savage
terrorist attacks in New York, Washington D.C and Pittsburgh.
peaking not only for myself but for the users and developers of
fvwm, I wish to express the deepest sympathy with all victims,
their beraved families, and all others who are affected.  Nothing
can ever justify these atrocities.

I plan to dedicate the upcoming fvwm-2.4.1 release to the victims
of this disaster.  The following text will be included in the
ANNOUNCE mail for the release, followed by the names of everybody
who wants to be included:

  This release is dedicated to the victims of the terrorist attacks
  in New York, Washington D.C and Pittsburgh on 11th of September,
  2001.

    <alphabetical list of names>

  and all other users and developers of fvwm.

I ask everybody to allow me to add his or her name to the list.
Please reply to me or [email-masked] if I may do so.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Sten <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Sep 2001 07:19:28 -0500

> Please reply to me or [email-masked] if I may do so.

	Please feel free to add my name to the list.

		Sten Michael Drescher

-- 
Either you can say I'm for Open Source, open standards, or I'm against
standards. Either you can say I'm for giving customers and communities
a choice or I'm against giving customers and communities a choice.
        - Sam Palmisano, IBM President and COO at LinuxWorld Expo 2001
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: David Huff <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 07:39:26 -0500

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 11:06:42PM +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> <snip>

Please feel free to include my name. Thanks for the gesture.

Best regards,
-- 
    _      
 __| |_  David Huff, Texas Instruments, Inc.
 \_   _} Internet & Naming Services 
   \_(   [email-masked], 214-567-1882
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 19:15:50 +0200

At the moment, I have collected 41 names on my list with more
being added every hour.  I wish to thank everybody for your
support.

I will collect more names at least until the end of the week, and
of course being an fvwm developer or user is no prerequisite to be
added to the list.  So if your friends or family want to express
their feelings in this way, do not hesitate to contact me.

This is the latest version of the dedication message:

  This release is dedicated to the victims of the terrorist attacks
  in New York, Washington D.C. and Pittsburgh on 11th of September,
  2001.  The following people, many of them users or developers of
  fvwm, would like to express their sympathies to those affected:

  and many other human beings who cannot believe one can do such
  horrors and who feel so painful for the innocents that suffered
  then and for those that still suffer.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Jim Crigler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 19:04:07 -0400

> who wants to be included:
[...]
> Please reply to me or [email-masked] if I may do so.

I'm in!  Please list me as Jim Crigler.

-- 
Jim Crigler
  Honk if you love peace and quiet.