Subject: FVWM: OT - Layering backgrounds

From: Christian Lyra <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:05:14 -0300

Hi,

	Perhaps this is a little off-topic, but can be interesting for some of you. 
Is there a way to set a background image on top of another already set image? 
What I want to do is set a background image, them set another image on top of 
that with transparency, layering the two images. I use to use programs like 
xroot-tail to put a few logs on my screen, but I'd like to put a "frame" on 
each of them without have to change my background images. any ideias?

	Thanks,

			Christian Lyra
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Shao Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Sep 2001 15:06:02 +1000

> each of them without have to change my background images. any ideias?

Is this what you mean?

xloadimage -onroot background.jpg -center top.jpg

Shao.

-- 
Shao Zhang                          Tel:  (02) 9209 4838
Software Engineer                   Fax:  (02) 9209 4992
Redfern Broadband Networks (RBN)    Mail: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Christian Lyra <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 15:14:43 -0300

Hi,

	Almost there... the xloadimage dont know how to handle transparency :-(. But 
you gave a good hint. Maybe I can use gimp non-interactivily to merge the two 
images and save them to a file... Does any one know how to do it?

	TIA,

		Christian Lyra

> >
> > 	Perhaps this is a little off-topic, but can be interesting for some of
> > you. Is there a way to set a background image on top of another already
> > set image? What I want to do is set a background image, them set another
> > image on top of that with transparency, layering the two images. I use to
> > use programs like xroot-tail to put a few logs on my screen, but I'd like
> > to put a "frame" on each of them without have to change my background
> > images. any ideias?
>
> Is this what you mean?
>