Subject: FVWM: Localisation (translation of menues)

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:18:23 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

I took a look at the wmconfig util that is present in RedHat Linux, it
produces output to generate output for creating rootmenues for different
wms (including fvwm2), this program respects locales. And the output is
generated from *.desktop files that contain lines of the form:
Name=....
Name[de]=....
Name[ja]=....
Name[sv]=....

I thought one might code up a similar tool for creating keywords for use
in the window menu (close, destroy etc.)
So this could be used with 'piperead' in .fvwm2rc

I could code up a simple util that just takes a string as an argument and
reads the appropriate string from a file /some/path/<argument>
using the same approache as the above example.
If someone would be interested in such a util.
I think something like this could be useful for users who are not that
handy with editing rc files by hand, and could perhaps increase fvwm's
popularity internationally.

//Marcus

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].