Subject: FVWM: mapping events - possible ?

From: Jens Dreger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 01:23:10 +0200

Hi there!

I am looking for the following feature:

  Mouse Button Windowname Modifier Keyevent

which should map the mouse-button event over windows named
'Windowname' to some key-event.

Background: I simply can't get the mouse-wheel working for the
Mathematica FrontEnd. With a functionality like above I could map
the wheel to "PageUp" and "PageDown". This would help with any program
which ignores button-events (like Mathematica's FrontEnd).

Is there any other way you can think of, how I could map the events? I
don't want to change my windowmanager to scwm (which apparently can do
the trick mentioned above).

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,

Jens.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 12:29:13 +0000

> 'Windowname' to some key-event.

This is not currently possible in FVWM.

> the trick mentioned above).

Did you try imwheel program? I didn't, but it seems like it should help.

  http://jonatkins.org/imwheel/

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 12:12:58 -0400 (EDT)

>   http://jonatkins.org/imwheel/

This is exactly what imwheel does, so it's definitely the way to go. The
config file might be confusing at first, but it will allow you to map
specific programs with the mousewheels.
			-peace

-- 
Let he who is without clue kiss my ass