Subject: FVWM: Stubborn icons?

From: Tim Downie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:45:23 +0100

Hi I'm using FVWM2 on linux (slackware),
having previously used FVWM 1x on a solaris machine.

Most of the things I can be bothered about, I have managed to
convert to version 2, but there was one thing that I really
liked but have not been able to find any equivalent in version 2.

The thing I liked was the StubbornIcons style.
When an icon was deiconified, the window appeared in the location
from which it was iconified. 
The default is for all icons to restore onto the current virtual page.

Does anyone know of a way
to get back the stubbornicon behavior in version 2?

Cheers
Tim
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 13:20:38 +0200

> to get back the stubbornicon behavior in version 2?

For some reason unknow to me that feature was removed a very long
time ago and never written again (which would be really trivial).
Currently, you can't have this behaviour.  Something similar is
possible with FvwmIconMan.  Configure it to show all windows on
all pages and use it to (de)iconify windows.  In this case,
windows stay on their page.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].