Subject: FVWM: Difference between build in pager and pager as a module

From: Stefan Stonjek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 15:59:38 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

at the moment I am using fvwm1 with its build in pager (not the pager as a
module). This pager allows to set the focus to a certain window on any
virtual desk just by left clicking it with the mouse. This moves the focus
to the clicked window and the viewpoint to the desktop the window is on.

The FvwmPager module shows a different behavior. With the left botton you
just change the viewpoint to the selected desktop while the middle button
set the focus to a certain window.

I prefer the behavior of the built in pager. But in version 2 there seems
to be no bulit in pager. Is it possible to set up the pager module in a
way that makes it works like the built in pager? What can I do to set the
viewpoint and the focus with a single mouse click?

Tschuess
	Stefan

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 23:29:37 +0000

> viewpoint and the focus with a single mouse click?

Bindings used by FvwmPager are not configurable as of now.
Normally you need 2 clicks, one to change viewport and one to focus.

But you may do this using only one click if you use:

  *FvwmPager: SloppyFocus

SloppyFocus in FvwmPager was introduced in fvwm-2.3.7.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Xucaen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 11:08:26 -0700 (PDT)

> SloppyFocus in FvwmPager was introduced in

Why was this changed in the first place? I am
using FVWM 2.2.4 and the pager with only one
click to change viewport and focus. I like it
that way.

my $.02

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 23:15:12 +0000

On 26 Aug 2001 11:08:26 -0700, Xucaen wrote:
> Why was this changed in the first place? I am using FVWM 2.2.4 and the
> pager with only one click to change viewport and focus. I like it that
> way.

Mouse bindings used in FvwmPager in 2.4.0 are equivalent to ones in 2.2.x.
In both versions you need one click (button 2) to focus a window and another
click (any button, but they work differently) to change viewport.

Please reread the original message in this thread.

Regards,
Mikhael.