Subject: FVWM: windows that open at 0,0

From: Allin Cottrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 13:27:27 -0400 (EDT)

I've seen the question asked before, but didn't find an answer in the
list archive.  Is there any way, in fvwm 2.4.0, to stop Mozilla
opening its transients (e.g. search and open web location) at 0,0?
(Some gnome transients do the same.)

I've tried "NoPPosition" and various long-shot options like
DecorateTransients, ActivePlacement for all windows, etc., but haven't
yet found anything that stops this annoying behavior.

Allin Cottrell.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:33:08 +0200

> yet found anything that stops this annoying behavior.

Currently cou can't do anything about it.  Fvwm always honours the
position that a transient window (like said mozilla windows) asks
for, and if it asks for 0 0 it will appear there.  This has
bothered me too for a long time, so I just wrote a patch:

 - Transient windows are placed like all other windows if neither
   the PPosition nor the USPosition hint is set.  In other words:
   The mozilla windows are placed at a sensible place on the
   screen.
 - New style options

     NoUSPosition/UseUSPosition
     NoTransientPPosition/UseTransientPPosition
     NoTransientUSPosition/UseTransientUSPosition

The patch will be included in the upcoming 2.4.1 release, or - if
you can't wait a second longer - in tomorrow's daily snapshot.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Allin Cottrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:17:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Dominik Vogt wrote:

> bothered me too for a long time, so I just wrote a patch...

Thanks.  I'll be checking out fvwm from CVS soon!

Allin Cottrell.

---

From: Denis Perelyubskiy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 21:13:01 -0700

*Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> [01-08-31 13:58]:
  ...
  >you can't wait a second longer - in tomorrow's daily snapshot.

i am sorry if there is a place to check for this, but i am
not sure what it is. when do you expect the release to be
out?

thanks,

denis

-- 
// mailto: Denis Perelyubskiy <[email-masked]>
// icq   : 12359698
// PGP   : http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~denisp/files/pgp.asc
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].