Subject: FVWM: Background color of icons when shape extension is not compiled in

From: jos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 22:47:06 +0200

Hi

I like the mwm style of icons, in which the icon is not partly 
transparent but it is just a solid box with a picture in it. 
(Also like in cde.) It is possible to get someting like this
in fvwm, when one uses --disable-shape for the configure 
script. However, then when 
loading a partly transparent icon, the transparent part appears
black. Is it possible to set a color for that? Also I was 
wondering if it is possible to set a fixed size for the
box that is drawn around an icon.

best regards

jos
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:52:09 -0400

> box that is drawn around an icon.

I haven't tested it, but it looks to me like you can
use the "DefaultColors" command to choose something other than
black.

Clipping an icon to a set size is not currently supported.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].