Subject: FVWM: Sticky Windows.....

From: "n6tadam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 13:09:40 +0100

Dear List,

A couple of months ago, you were all really helpful, in helping me configure
AnotherLevel (Lestiff WM). I am greatful for that......

I have another question for you. I have two sticky windows, at the bottom of
my screen. They are sticky so that when I flip from page to page, they
follow me. Now, unfortunately, I can only run 800x600, and I find that most
of my windows, lap over the sticky ones. So, is there a way, so that if
these windows, overlap the sticky ones, that the sticky ones will "unstick"
themselves, thus freeing up my monitor space??

Your help, is once again appreciated.

Regards,

Thomas Adam

Please note that the content of this message is confidential between the original sender and the intended recipient(s) of the message. If you are not an intended recipient and/or have received this message in error, kindly disregard the content of the message and return it to the original sender.

If you have any complaints about this message please reply to:
       [email-masked]

The Purbeck School E-Mail server running:
       users.purbeck.dorset.sch.uk

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:09:37 +0200

> themselves, thus freeing up my monitor space??

Not really, but I guess your problem is that these windows cover
other windows with more interesting contents.  The solution to
this problem is to tell fvwm to keep these windows below all
others.  Just put this into your config file:

  Style <name_of_the_sticky_window> StaysOnBottom

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].