Subject: FVWM: left click opens a folder

From: paul novak <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 20:30:33 -0500

-- 
paul novak
[email-masked]

I've been using fvwm2 for a long time, but I use only a limited set of features.

One thing I've observed is that when I open my root menu, I can move the
cursor down the root menu until I get to the folder I want.  If I left
click on a folder, that folder is opened and the root menu disappears.
I really like this feature.

I've observed similar behavior with bookmarks in Netscape 4.7: when you
open your bookmarks, you can left click on a folder to open it.  Unlike
fvwm2, the main folder is not deleted, but you still can open a folder
by left clicking on it.

Tonight I had some free time for a change, and I tried using the newest
Mozilla and Netscape 6* browsers for the first time.  When both of those
browsers, when you open your bookmarks, you don't have the ability
to click on a folder to open it: you have to slowly move your mouse
to the right until you get to the arrow.

Searching the Netscape and Mozilla newsgroups and help pages got me nowhere.
But since this is similar behavior to what fvwm2 does, and I know you folks
all know a lot more about what's going on than I ever will, I thought
I'd ask for help...

Does anyone know if there's some why to get the "left click opens a folder"
behavior that fvwm2 has for it's root menu and Netscape 4.* has for
bookmarks, but which appears to be lacking Netscape 6 or Mozilla?

Thanks!

Paul Novak

---

From: wing tung Leung <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 12:20:34 +0200

> I really like this feature.

Maybe you should use the "Menu" command instead of "Popup". The first one
opens a new menu, the other one opens a submenu and keeps the root menu.

Example:

AddToMenu TestMenuA "TitleA" Title
+ "SubMenuText" Menu "TestSubMenu

-- 
GnuPG public key: http://www.keyserver.net
fingerprint = A3C4 DE50 712D 4FA8 C564  4D96 5E06 C9CC ECFA 19C5
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 06:51:37 -0400

> I really like this feature.
...
> Does anyone know if there's some way to get the "left click opens a folder"

If you want to change the way Mozilla menus work, you will have
to ask the Mozilla developers to make a change.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].