Subject: FVWM: how do i write a function ...

From: brendan strejcek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 18:04:12 -0500

... which minimizes all nonminimized windows?

Thanks,
Brendan
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 20:12:04 -0400

> ... which minimizes all nonminimized windows?

In the 2.3.x betas:

All [!iconic] iconify

Somehow, I don't think this is what you want.
For me, the command iconified my clock and mail notifier.
You probably want to add other conditions, like:

All [!iconic !sticky] iconify

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:34:24 +0200

> All [!iconic] iconify

The same can be achieved with

  All iconify on

without fiddling with contitions.  For clarity of the man page
contitions should be placed in parentheses, but the old syntax
with square brackets is still supported:

  All (!iconic) iconify on

The second version saves a few CPU cycles.  Although it seems
superfluous, adding the 'on' to the Iconify command makes it a
little more fault tolerant.  Iconifying windows is an asynchronous
operation between X server and fvwm and in very rare situations
both disagree about the state of the window for a split second.
So a window that was just iconified might be deiconified with a
plain "Iconify" (which is a toggle) but not with "Iconify on".

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].