Subject: FVWM: WindowList doubleclick action: how does it work?

From: Erik Steffl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 09:15:08 -0700

using fvwm 2.2.5

  there is a line in man page that defines the double click action for
WindowList (double click should focus previous window)

  here's the relevant part of man page:

----------------------------
	Key Tab A M WindowList "Prev FlipFocus"

  Hitting Alt-Tab once it brings up the window  list, if  you  hit  it
twice the focus is flipped between the current and the last focused
window.
----------------------------

  it does not seem to work though. The double click is recognized, I
guess, since when I hit the key combination twice the window list
appears and quickly disappears (when I hit the key combination too
slowly the second one has no effect and the WindowList stays on the
screen). The focus remain in the same window though. Any ideas?

  TIA

	erik
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 23:54:35 +0000

>   here's the relevant part of man page:

Well, this work as documented in both 2.2.5 and 2.3.32, i.e. if the key is
pressed twice quickly, the focus is flipped between the two last windows.
But if you use SloppyFocus or MouseFocus, you may not notice this, because
the focus returns immediately to the current window. Use ClickToFocus
focusing model to see it straight. I will update this man page sentence.

Or maybe a better example for double press should be found, since now this
example is a bit redudant, in 2.3 versions the same result is achieved
automatically using SelectOnRelease, a double click action is not needed.

Regards,
Mikhael.