Subject: FVWM: Netscape placement question

From: Louis LeBlanc <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 11:25:20 -0400

Hey all.  I just upgraded to fvwm2.3.32.  So far, I am just inching my
previous .fvwm2rc into the new config setups, so I am not really using
much of the new stuff.
One thing I am curious about, though.  And this is probably something
easy.

When I start a netscape browser window, I would like it to be placed
automatically at position +1+1.  The automatic sizing is fine.  What
should I add to the Style direcive?

TIA
Lou
-- 
Louis LeBlanc
Fully Funded Hobbyist, KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)
[email-masked]
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                Ô¿Ô¬
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: wing tung Leung <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:48:34 +0200

> should I add to the Style direcive?

Look in the manpage for StartsOnPage or StartsOnDesk. I suppose the
position can be arranged using the geometry option in your
$HOME/.Xdefaults file.

-- 
GnuPG public key: http://www.keyserver.net
fingerprint = A3C4 DE50 712D 4FA8 C564  4D96 5E06 C9CC ECFA 19C5
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Louis LeBlanc <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:09:37 -0400

I found that the StartsOnPage and StartsOnDesk directives are more
directed toward making sure an app only starts on a specific page
and/or desktop, rather than deciding where on the current page it
should be placed.

It took a little playing around, but I finally got the following to do
the job from my ~/.Xdefaults file:

Netscape*geometry:            +1+1

Thanks for the push in the right direction.

Lou