Subject: FVWM: WindowList: how to limit to current page?

From: Erik Steffl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 09:09:19 -0700

I would like to limit the windows in window list to windows on current
page. The manual says I can use CurrentDesk but it does not mention
CurrentPage (unlike in some other situations) and it indeed does not
work. Is there any way to limit the WindowList to display only certain
windows?

  the other question is - can I limit the windows by window title/name?
E.g. is it possible to display vim (or netscape or whatever) windows
only?

  TIA

	erik
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:40:33 +0200

> E.g. is it possible to display vim (or netscape or whatever) windows

With 2.3.x you can use the same conditions as for the "Current"
command in addition to the usual parameters:

  WindowList (CurrentPage vim*) ...

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Erik Steffl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 01:24:35 -0700

>   WindowList (CurrentPage vim*) ...

  considering this and the StaysOnTop style <-> command issue I really
should switch to 2.3 - right?

	erik

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:06:01 -0400

> should switch to 2.3 - right?

The 2.3.x releases are now very stable.  Go for it.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].