Subject: FVWM: stay on top toggle?

From: "STEFFL, ERIK *Internet* (SBCSI)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:16:05 -0700

in fvwm 2.2.5:

  is there any way to set the particular window to stay on top? I know there
is a way to set a style for set of windows but I would like to have
something similar to 'Sticky' toggle to set the focused window to stay on
top...

  e.g. is there anything that would be to 'StayOnTop' (style) what 'Stick'
(action) is to 'Sticky' (style)?

  TIA

	erik

--
Time flies like an arrow
but fruit flies like a banana... 
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 23:12:07 +0000

> (action) is to 'Sticky' (style)?

First, if you simply want the current window to be on the top (raised),
use the following:

  FvwmAuto 0

If you really need for some reason to use StayOnTop (in other words to use
layers) dynamically, consider to upgrade to 2.3.32, which enables this:

  FvwmAuto 0 "Silent Layer 2" "Silent Layer default"

There is a similar solution for 2.2.* using a function with Style and
Recapture, but I don't suggest it at all.

Regards,
Mikhael.