Subject: FVWM: SetEnv

From: brendan strejcek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 17:25:25 -0500

Is there an fvwm variable set to the screen height and width?

Or do I have to contrive with m4 to set this up with SetEnv?

And is there a mechanism to do arithmetic in fvwm or must I
resort to PipeRead?
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 19:17:51 -0400

> Or do I have to contrive with m4 to set this up with SetEnv?

In the 2.3.x releases, there are lots of variables including
one for height, otherwise the M4 technique or PipeRead should do.

> And is there a mechanism to do arithmetic in fvwm or must I

Fvwm won't do arithmetic, but as you point out, PipeRead
will work fine.

If you are trying to place a window relative to the screen height,
you might get by with a negative geometry.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].