Subject: FVWM: first window placement origin

From: "Brian Sturk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 21:23:30 -0400

While looking at a co-worker's desktop ( he uses WM ) they have
a setting called "Origin".  It seems to work on a per workspace basis
and it is the coordinates of the first window launched.  Didn't see
anything in the FAQ or man page and I went poking
through the source code and there is a "gravity" table but seems to
be Xresource related??.  Is this sort of thing possible with fvwm2.
I find I usually launch an app and move the window with the
keyboard, centering it in the workspace.

PS Glad to see everyone made it through the flooding OK...   :)

thanks

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:17:12 +0200

> keyboard, centering it in the workspace.

Could you please elaborate what this "Origin" does?  Does it have
something to do with window placement?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].